1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Redemption Quest (Exalted/Worm) (Elements of Peggy Sue).

Discussion in 'Questing' started by MageOhki, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Rationality is a blessing. If you use it.
    MageOhki

MageOhki Not too sore, are you?

Rationality is a blessing. If you use it.

A voice interrupted Taylor, drawing Taylor’s eyes to the person in the doorway. A grey purple body stood framed by the doorway, her iridescent eyes seeming a bit concerned,and rainbow hair to her shoulders marked the Alchemical known as Dragon framed by the door and then she began to speak.

“Mind if I interrupt?” Taylor’s eyes, as well as Emma’s and Lisa’s were drawn to Dragon, who had shifted from her normal form that most saw her as, while coming to Taylor’s house.

Sarah threw up her hands. “Sure.” Getting a hint from Dragon, she grabbed Emma, and dragged her upstairs. “We need to clean up anyways.”

Dragon waited for a minute, as she watched the two go upstairs, and held up her hand for a minute, until she heard water running. Turning back to Taylor, she quirked an eyebrow. “Normally I’d ask why you’re upset with them, but… I see Sol Invitius did the same to you, as Autochthon did to me.”

Taylor blinked. “What are you talking about?” She put her hands on her hips and stared at the Alchemical.

“Gave you memories… though I’m thinking yours aren’t as complete as mine, of the Future that would not be.” Dragon sighed.

Taylor paused, and sighed. “Would explain the nightmares…” The raven haired Solar muttered. The younger of the two exalts paused for a second, then spoke again. “Why would he do that?”

Dragon sat down, and gestured at a chair across from her. Taylor obeyed, feeling for some reason, maybe related to her dreams, deep respect for the heroine in front of her, and listened to what she had to say.

“I don’t know for sure. Autochthon did not explain to me, nor did Sol explain to you.” Dragon sighed. “I have some theories, mind you, mostly revolving around them wanting us to have an understanding of the choices we must make, and the challenges ahead of us. Especially if we want to not only save Earth Bet, but all the Earths.”

Taylor tilted her head, and then sent her hair moving as she indicated her dismissal of that idea. “They could have just given us notes!” She shook her head. “Why do I have to feel that Emma is a raging bitch. Why do I feel sadness around you?”

“... Because as Sarah said, we have the memories and emotions associated with what could have been. What we are trying to prevent.” Dragon nodded in affirmation. “It could have been their best way, or maybe, their easiest?” The Chosen of Autochthon sighed. “I doubt they’d answer if we asked.”

“We could… pester them til they answered?” Taylor tilted her head. “Would that work?”

Dragon laughed. “Maybe. But… yes, they’re right. It was what could have been.

“So, I’m stuck overcoming those memories.” Taylor glared at the wall, seeing dreams and events that had not happened yet or would ever happen. “Sucks.”

Dragon nodded. “Yes, it does. But… while I can help you, I can’t do it for you, that is your trial.” She paused. “And about your parents?” she inquired.

Taylor nodded at the first statement, then froze she continued. Dragon could see the fury return to Taylor’s eyes.

What about them?” Taylor hissed in reingited fury. “The fact that my mother abandoned us? Thinking we were dead?” The Solar shook her head. “The fact that my father wouldn’t tell me anything, was soul dead for over half a year, and then became a cold bastard who’d not tell me anything?”

Dragon winced at the fury. The latter had more to it than the former, so she decided to deal with it.
    “That’s not the only reason you’re angry at him.”

Taylor nodded at that statement. “I feel that…” She stood up, throwing her hands. “That his change to what he was before Mom returned is something that isn’t what should have been! But I’m happy about it!” She pulled at her hair for a second. “That finally he’s DOING something, not just for the time he spent doing nothing, but far longer!”

“And you don’t know why?” Dragon inquired again. Receiving a nod, she sighed. “Apparently your memories didn’t show you why yet.”

“... Gee, he was that way til the end of the world?” Taylor snarled. “He never got over it?”

Dragon nodded. “I wouldn’t say completely that way, but…”

“RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!” Taylor howled. Goddammit!”

“Err…” Dragon was nonplussed.

“He only cared about Mom!” Taylor seethed. “So, when the PRT told him they thought someone stole her body, he got fired up, but when I needed him!” She was raging in fury.

Dragon stopped for a moment, and an idle thought crossed her mind. Maybe Jessica? Shaking her head for a second, she sighed. “Or honestly, want another possibility?”

WHAT?”

Dragon recoiled ever so slightly, but shook herself. “Maybe it was all he knew to do? Maybe he couldn’t handle the thought of you finding out someone had stolen your mother’s face? Maybe he couldn’t figure out how to reach out to you? And in the Future that would not be… he never got a kick to the ass enough to fire him back up.” Dragon shook her head. “Just… think on it.”

Taylor fumed for a moment, then drew a deep breath. “He’s going to have some explaining to do.” Taylor’s eyes were cold and furious, but she had brought herself under some form of control. Dragon was reminded of Skitter on a mission, unpleasantly.

“That… he will.” Dragon wasn’t going to spare the Lunar his fate. Or the likey beating he was about to get. But, she had to divert the possible Warlord from becoming cold and nothing but a weapon. “As for your mother...”

“I’m not sure she gets to be called that anymore.” Taylor’s eyes were still furious, but the ice that was in her voice also shone in her eyes now.

“She is. I can’t say for sure, but I am mostly convinced the Neverborn can see parts of the Loom.”

Taylor was thrown off for a second… “The Loom? As in the Loom of Fate Sarah talks about?”

“Yes.” Dragon nodded then continued. “If they say your death would happen if your mother came back to Brockton bay before you exalted, which, to be honest, given Abyssals and what your mother was up to… and well…”

“Brockton Bay?” Taylor inquired aciditicly.

“Again… yes.” Dragon sighed. “Sol clearly wanted you as one of his priestesses. As one of his Chosen. You dying would not make him very happy, nor help the world, given everything.”

“So, what, you’re saying the Dead Primordials did something good?” Taylor snorted. “That sounds…”

“They’ve changed, or so I’m told. Apparently they’re not all into destroying the world for Oblivion anymore. Why… I honestly don’t know.” The Alchemical shrugged. “But… that’s what I think happened with your Mother. It matches what she has said, well what little she has anyways.”

“Why would she simply not even mail us a letter?” Taylor plopped down and asked softly.

Dragon shook her head. “If the Neverborn said any contact could get you killed til a certain point… If she truly loves you, she’d never risk it.”

“But…” The Solar looked drained. “Why would it?”

Dragon had thought about this, and sighed, knowing that Taylor wouldn’t like the answer. “Because, if the various organizations, gangs, the PRT, the CUI, the Elite, and many others realized if Shadowy Wings was really a renamed Annette Herbert, they would have tried to use you and Danny against her. I have severe doubts that you’d tolerate that, or your father.”

Taylor was silent for a moment. “... I didn’t think of that. Mom would so go after the Nazis if she stayed in the Bay. And with the Asian gangs organizing… shit, she’d have gone after them, given that they’re sexist as hell.”

“Yes. Then you have the CUI, who’d love having an Exalt if they thought they could, though their techniques wouldn’t work on us… or the Elite?” Dragon raised an eyebrow.

Fuck.” Dragon raised an eyebrow at that statement. “They’re going to come, aren’t they?”

“Yes. But now you can personally stomp most of them into the ground.” Dragon smiled. “And so can your father, Emma, most of her family…”

Taylor paused. “Uncle Alan though… Wouldn’t he be at risk?”

“From whom? I’ve already taken steps to steer Lung away, instead of him coming… not sure they’ll work, but.” The former AI sighed. “Even then, he’s not the type to take hostages, get in your face maybe…” Dragon mused, then shook her head. “The Nazis? They’re gone effectively. Elite and others, we can keep an eye on.”

Taylor blinked at Dragon’s clinical observation. “Who’s Lung?”

“Parahuman that grows to meet the threat, I’ll give you all briefings on him later.” Dragon shook her head.

Taylor thought for a moment, then asked softly. “... And how would we deal with them? I got beat, so did Emma.”

“By Training!” Dragon smiled. “We can train, grow more powerful, more skilled, more abilities and tricks.”

“... more Sifu torture?” Taylor asked, a bit hesitant.

“And me.” Dragon paused for a moment, then looked at Taylor. Dragon sighed and brought up the last topic she wanted to cover, for Taylor’s sake. “Though given the Future that would not be… I can see why Sarah made the offer. So you’d know she’s on your side, and is your friend.” Dragon shook her head slightly, indicating her thoughts on the idea, then stated them. “ I don’t think it’s a good idea. Trust needs to be given and kept, and developed over time, I think, not compelled by oaths that’ll get you killed if you break them, even by accident.”

Taylor once again thought.

[ ] Accept Sarah’s Offer, and off to Yu-Shan!
    [ ] If she’s going to move on beyond the memories of the other time, she needs to trust.
    [ ] Just start training!
    [ ] Write In

AN: Sorcery path… *unlocked* For Taylor.

2. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

[x] If she’s going to move on beyond the memories of the other time, she needs to trust.

MageOhki likes this.
  3. gale

gale Experienced.

[x] If she’s going to move on beyond the memories of the other time, she needs to trust.

MageOhki likes this.
  4. thewhiteraven22

thewhiteraven22 (Unverified Worm fan)

MageOhki likes this.
  5. MageOhki

Vote Result (Combined, I didn't even have to run a program or tally):

Since it was a technical Write In, +1 XP

gale and thewhiteraven22 like this.
  6. Extras: Preliminary PHO interlude and request!
    MageOhki

AN: Working on a PHO interlude/side story.
    More PHO posts more than welcome. Some posts will be edited to fit the overall story flow, Dates and like will be changed to fit the thread/posts. Suggestions more than welcome

Also: These aren’t finished, nor are they in order, this is still rough and waiting to be filled out with more. Shooting for around 3-5k words, min for this one.

Welcome to the Parahumans Online Message Boards

You are currently logged in, GloriousLittleOwl (Verified Solar) (Verified Zenith) (Dock Circle)
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history
    • Threads and private messages are ordered by user custom preference.

■​

♦Topic: The Dock Circle
    In: Boards ► Places ► America ► Brockton Bay ► Capes

Bagrat (Original Poster) (The Guy In The Know) (Veteran Member)
    Posted on August 19, 2009:

The new cape, though they deny this group in the Bay. In short, you've all seen the threads on various events at the docks, and now here's the information on the people who did it.
    These are the separate threads that involve them.
    Strange event at a camp [link]
    PRT vs the Exalted at the Docks 1: [link]
    Mall Fight: [link]
    (Update): Nazis at the Docks [link]

Several Members of the Dock Circle are open, but they've insisted any minor's civilian name not be said. Links to individual threads

Dockmaster [link], DWA link[link], Danny Hebert, more or less the head of the Dockworkers
    Powers seem to be, though I'm told that this is a very limited view, changer into various half man, half orca form, that can grow up to 24 feet tall. Yes, 24 feet. Brute is obvious, the silver aura that appears sometimes is also obvious, seems to be a shaker effect, and ability proven to, and no, I am not making this up, destroy powers (Which I did not know was possible), therefore Trump.

Shadowy Wings of Impending Doom of Intolerance and to Those Who Will Not Listen, previously called BloodyOwl by the PRT [link], former name (and they're insistent on this, do not use this name) Annette Hebert. Black aura of fear and death, giant ass car door of a sword, seems to have other powers, and has stated she can destroy powers, so Trump, clear Brute, clear Thinker, combat.

Zoe Barnes, no cape name yet [link], shaker, brute, possible trump.

Corsair [link], Water aura, Brute, combat thinker, another likely Trump (see a theme here?)
    Believed (and confirmed by him) to be the older brother of Tattletale.

Tattletale[link]: Green aura, Mover via teleportation we think, though she denies it, brute, combat thinker, yet another likely Trump.

Several more without cape names or permission to name them, but all share similar effects, and all are likely trumps.

They've stated formally they have no interest in what we would call the game of heros and villians, and that if they are left alone, they'll leave others alone.

Yes, at least one is considered a villian (though given her comments on her own threads, there's fair questions if she was one, or just a violent vigilante), and they stomped the PRT cold, removing Armsmaster's powers, and revealing that former PRT agent and current counslant Calvert was also a parahuman, and likely Coil.

This is the thread to discuss the Circle, not individuals

Update: Yes, we know they tore apart the Nazis. And killed a lot of them. The DA has stated no charges will be filed, and it’d not surprise me if he’s toasting them right now. I know a lot of cops are.

Mod Update 2: Any use of the minors or those who don’t want their civilian name public, civilian names, will result in a threadban, and if not your first offense, a site ban.

(Showing Page 1 of 1)

► Reave (Verified PRT Agent)
    Replied on August 19, 2009:
    Bagrat graciously allowed me to post the first post on this thread to recap several official positions.

Yes, several PRT agents were killed. Yes, Armsmaster is depowered. Yes, the person that we initially called BloodyOwl is wanted for questioning regarding certain events, same with Tattletale and Corsair. Yes, Vista went with them, but it wasn't a master situation, more that she wanted to learn more about her new powers, and yes, she and Aegis got new powers, replacing their old ones.

However, given that the PRT commander on the site, a Commander Calvert, revealed to be a parahuman, gave orders disregarding proper procedures, and several agents (understandably in my view) disobeyed standing orders and put children who were not attacking them at risk, the PRT's official position is since the Dock Circle is cooperating in several respects, it is in no one's interest to create legal issues.

► CynicalMan

First actual!

Uh-huh, about the creating legal issues. You all just don't' want to admit you're not sure you can take them, much less you tried to kill children when you didn't know they were brutes. Pretty sure that there were deals cut, as in you don’t get sued to oblivion, and they don’t have to fork out money for lawyers crushing your silly charges.

► FrozenMarineIT
    (Marine) (IT Geek)
    Hey, do they have any knowledge or relation to the shit in Canada yesterday? [link]

I found a video feed of a chicka, rather undefined, surrounded by ribbons of crimson wind with explosions of emerald flame. Can’t identify as she’s almost stepping between the video frames she moves so damn fast. Tied to a multiple homicide, local, thirty dead, kids were saved by a goldenrod that matches some of the Brockton Bay shit at the docks. I’ve seen some cape fights but that shit was surreal, uploading the feed now. How the hell that dude is still alive after she rolled on him I will never know.

Not uploading the second half of the video. No one needs to see someone literally get wind-flayed. I’m not going to be able to eat bacon for the next year.

Update 1: Heartbreaker confirmed killed. I repeat. Heartbreaker confirmed killed. Knife through each temple, bitch looks like he has handlebars.

Update 2: Windy mcWindWind is not a hero type. ID confirmed. Speed mover, math clocks in at… 100mph run speeds. Killed her own mother and siblings at the compound AFTER Heartbreaker was neutralized. Jesus this chicka is crazy. The Guild reports forty, repeat FORTY people killed with a single knife stroke each traveling down the street, regardless if witness to the massacre.

Update 3: Fuck the rules if you see this bitch, get the fuck away, run. Am tracking multiple homicides headed southbound, random kills, half of them police and Canadian Military Cordon Patrols. Clear S-class threat, no mask. Do not engage.

uploaded photo of a pretty girl with black hair and red streaks in her hair with a clear empty circle of blood-red seeming wind on her forehead spattered with blood and an ecstatic expression

Update 4: Confirmation. Unknown Subject: Cape Name - Mania - has been seen entering Brockton Bay. Details to follow in a new post to come.

► TattleTale
    (Vizer) (Secrets) (Dock Circle)
    Oh... shit. Oh... shit!!!!

Right, what that marine says? LISTEN to him. The woman… won’t name given PHO rules, but… yeah, one of Heartbreaker’s kids. Exalted, yes, Infernal, and yeah, not a good thing.

“Goldenrod” is also one of Heartbreaker’s kids, but he got his younger sibs out, as you can see from @FrozenMarineIT ‘s video, and he’s not a threat.

► FrozenMarineIT
    (Marine) (IT Geek)
    Replied on August 22, 2009:

We may have a problem. Remember Crazy McCrayCray’s house party of the apocalypse? Looks like one of Mania’s victims just had an awakening. Sorry folks, no clean video this time. Police reports: Silver light, Silver sand, and whispers about actual fucking demons in this one’s wake. Reports are that this latest one does not look human anymore. She? Bopped off the grid as soon as she showed up. Could be another lightshow body. Could be a fucking alien for all I know. But the fact that she popped up three days after the massacre and crawled out from under the house while the Guild were investigating?

Definitely a master or a stranger, she walked away unchallenged until she was long gone.

► TattleTale
    (Vizer) (Secrets) (Dock Circle)

Dammit, Yozi! TWO of them? And yeah, @FrozenMarineIT, we’re trying to get the Goldenrod safe.

► FrozenMarineIT
    (Marine) (IT Geek)

What the fuck is a Yozi?

End of Page. 1

7. Threadmarks: Exalted do not do the safe, do not do the easy, they walk paths of hope and sacrifice in the memory of those who've passed, for the sake of those to come.
    MageOhki

Exalted do not do the safe, do not do the easy, they walk paths of hope and sacrifice in the memory of those who've passed, for the sake of those to come.

AN: Taylor now has completed three of the trials for Sorcery. Congrats. (Journeys is the one left) Also, Emma is three down and as noted in voting, this was a write in vote, ergo, +1 XP

Taylor’s face smoothed as she thought over what Dragon said. Dragon, befitting who she was, waited quietly as Taylor wrestled with the questions presented to her. After a long minute, she finally spoke.

“... I’m supposed to lead, right? I’m supposed to inspire… I’m supposed to bring people together.” Taylor blew out a breath and Dragon nodded in response. “I can’t do that if I’m demanding that to trust people that they have to let me master them, can I?”

Dragon smiled a bit. Looking into the brown eyes, that were beginning to lighten and turn gold, of a girl she had failed in the future that would not be, she felt relieved that another step had been taken to make sure it wouldn’t happen. “That’s very mature, and accurate.”

“I don’t like it. It… seems that I’m risking…” Taylor shook her head. “But that’s what we do, isn’t it?”

“Yes.” The Alchemical spread her hands. “We were chosen because we take risks, and we do so for humanity.”

Taylor looked Dragon in the eyes and softly spoke. “... Without risk there is no hope. Without hope there is no life. Without life there is no victory..”

A voice broke in, drawing both female Exalted’s eyes to the speaker. Sarah stepped off the stairwell she had quietly walked down. “And that’s what we’re here to prevent. I honestly didn’t think you’d do this, Taytay. What I remember, you really wanted to feel you were in control, and well, you didn’t know us, and um…”

Emma popped up behind the blonde, and cuffed the back of her head. “Not your Taytay. Mine.

Taylor shot the redhead a look of puzzlement, then turned back to Sarah. “That… “ The Solar looked beyond the pair, not really seeing them on the stairs of her house, nor Emma’s torn and bloodied clothing as she paused for a few seconds. “That hasn’t happened. I’m getting the sense what could have happened… was bad.”

“I’d make a joke about trust your feelings.” Dragon dryly said. “But in this case, you’re one hundred percent correct, and I wouldn’t trust those feelings in your case, since you don’t have context yet, and those feelings… won’t help.”

Taylor nodded sharply. “We need to get better. We need to be better. We need to be what people are inspired to follow, work with, and help.”

Emma nodded. “As well as teach them how to work together. America used to do that, didn’t we?”

Sarah rolled her eyes, then smirked as only she could. “Not going to be easy, is it?”

The three other females looked at Sarah and snorted. Dragon spoke for them all. “I think the US Navy SEALS say it best. We really should steal it for the Exalted.” Getting two raised eyebrows, she expanded on what she meant. “They say… ‘The only easy day was yesterday’” She got three ahhs… and she nodded. “I’d say that should be what we think, no?”

Sarah sighed. “Can we at least get leave once in a while?”

Dragon laughed. “Oh, even the Primordials got a day off, I’d think we can get one or two here or there.”

Sarah nodded. “Tomorrow is testing, they’re going to test us en masse, all at once, in separate areas. Should be fun… though it’s annoying, I haven’t mastered Astrology yet. Need to go to Yu-Shan to actually do so.”

Dragon sobered. “That’s not going to be fun, since they also want to retest Colin.” Sarah raised an eyebrow at the Alchemical. “And no, they still don’t know about me, and I’m going to keep it that way.”

Taylor tilted her head. “Why?” Emma and Sarah were also visibly curious.

“Because, how do you think they’d, Cauldron and the PRT would react to absolute proof souls are real? And that there are beings that eat them, that I am proof that reincarnation happens?” Dragon stated bluntly.

“... I want to say something positive, but…” Taylor sighed. “I’m getting the feeling that no, it’d not be a good thing.” Dragon nodded, while Sarah sighed.

“Yeah, I agree.” The blonde Vizer looked at the rest. “Then maybe… we can go to Yu-Shan? Stop in New York for shopping?”

Emma perked up and turned to look at Taylor. “You still do need clothing for school, Tay…”

Taylor turned to Emma, with a look of confusion in her eyes. “Why do I need more clothing? I mean jeans and sweatshirts work… right?”

Sarah sighed. “We really really need to let you look in a mirror and point a few things out, Taylor.”

“What?” The brunette Solar was confused. “I mean, yeah, I don’t need glasses anymore and well, I’m getting some muscles… But I’m going to take time to grow into…”

Sarah facepalmed. “Taylor… we’re Exalted. Our growth gets optimized. Plus, with some teaching? You’ll slay almost as much as Emma or I would, just different.”

Taylor blinked. “Uh… “

Emma shook her head. “Taytay’s always been a bit indifferent about getting the most out of her appearance. Doesn’t help that Aunt Spooky said it’s going to take a while for her to grow into her looks…”

“Hey!”

Sarah nodded. “Except… we are Exalted. And our bodies reflect that. You grab her, and we’ll show her?”

“HEY!” Taylor shouted. “Don’t I get a say?”

Dragon wisely stayed quiet as two identical smiles appeared on Emma’s and Sarah’s faces.

“Not for this, Tay.” Emma smiled. “I’m tired of you not showing off those legs…

“... what?”

“Or the fact you have the build and facial structures to be a supermodel.” Sarah nodded. “I get the sense that really irritated me…”

“... Are you crazy?” The Solar finally figured out what to say.

Vote:
    [ ] Have Emma and Sarah show what Exaltation really does for a girl…
    [ ] Skip to testing
    [ ] Skip to New York Shopping Trip.
    [ ] Skip and go to Yu-Shan.
    [ ] Write In.

Please add suggestions for the PHO thread(s)?)

here's the working file:
    PHO Posts

8. thewhiteraven22

[X]Have Emma and Sarah show what Exaltation really does for a girl…

Lets open Taylor's eyes.

MageOhki likes this.
  9. gale

gale Experienced.

[X]Have Emma and Sarah show what Exaltation really does for a girl, and have dragon note what it did as well.

MageOhki likes this.
  10. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

[X]Have Emma and Sarah show what Exaltation really does for a girl, and have dragon note what it did as well.

MageOhki likes this.
  11. MageOhki

Combined overall winner:
    [X]Have Emma and Sarah show what Exaltation really does for a girl…

12. Threadmarks: Those Hips don’t lie
    MageOhki

Those Hips don’t lie

AN: Of course you’d pick the hardest of the votes for me to write. While Taylor does have bits and pieces of the Future that will not be, and some of the emotions, they link harder to what’s already emotionally there, than concerns/etal over her appearance. So, I have to get into a girl’s head, who from what little was said, militantly indifferent (or patient) about her looks, with hints of insecurity (from the Past lives and having Emma Speedfloof Barnes and now Sarah Livesy as friends) about it, and realizing she’s quickly growing into what is easily an 8 or 9, maybe a bit higher body and looks. (Taylor in canon actually had the frame and bone structure to be striking as hell, if she worked at it, or so I interpret the descriptions, very similar to Julia Roberts, Kate Hepburn and several others with similar frames and structures.)

AN2: I’d like some of you to create PHO posts for the side story, and yes, rewards are given. (.5 XP per post) Even if I don’t use them, I’ll at least award.

PHO Posts is the link, no assurances that every post will remain, that’s my working file.

As Taylor was looking at the pair of female Exalts, as if they were crazy, they looked at each other and sighed in unison. After a moment, Sarah spoke. “You really don’t look in mirrors do you?”

Taylor wanted to protest the comment, but wasn’t sure what Sarah was going for. “Of course I do, I have to brush my hair, teeth and all that.”

“She means look in the mirror, see changes, we’re at the age where changes happen fast!” Emma shook her head. “Not just take care of the hair and the basics.”

Taylor tilted her head. “You’ve heard what my mother had to say. It’s going to take time to grow into the looks I inherited.” Taylor shrugged. “Not what I’d like, all things equal… but, I’m patient.”

Sarah facepalmed. “She doesn’t get it.” Looking at Taylor, the Sidereal reached out and gripped her shoulders. “March! To the first full mirror!”

“This way.” Emma began to lead the pair up the stairs.

Taylor tried to put her heels down before she could go up the stairs. “Hey, don’t I get a say?”

“Nope! March and this will be over faster!” Sarah caroled, clearly amused.

Taylor rolled her eyes, and gave in, just to be done with this. “Fine, fine.”

Shortly they were in front of the full sized mirror attached to the back of Taylor’s bedroom door, after moving a coat and a few jackets. Sarah pushed Taylor to be perfectly reflected by the mirror.

“See?” Sarah said, pointing at the mirror. Emma just shook her head as Taylor disinterestedly looked into the mirror.

“See what? That my new shampoo is working? What am I looking at?” Taylor asked, annoyed with the Vizer.

Emma snickered. “She’s not wearing that outfit we got her. Let’s put her in it, then maybe she’ll get it.” Taylor turned to Emma and stared at her with a bit of betrayal..

“Good idea! Change!” Sarah pointed at the bag. “Now, now now!” The blonde paused after that, then held up a hand. “After you take a shower.”

“But…” Taylor started to protest, only to be cut off.

Sarah, shaking her head, spoke. “You’ll only see it when you wear the right clothing. Plus, honestly, those are a bit torn up and you haven’t cleaned up since the battle.”

Fiiiiine.” Taylor complained, but grabbed the clothing, figuring that she’d be able to shut the pair up. She wasn’t unaware she looked like a gangly colt. She knew she’d take time to grow into her frame, she was told so, and had no reason to disbelieve. It wasn’t like Emma or even Sarah wouldn’t outshine her anyways. She marched out of the room.

Emma tilted her head. “You said you had memories of a future that won’t be if we do our jobs right, right?” Sarah nodded. Emma shook her head. “If what I’ve been told is only scratching the surface, how in hell do you think we’re going to convince her?”
    Sarah blinked at the Lunar’s flat statement. “Uh… she’s not as badly beaten down about her appearance? And isn’t as stubborn?”

Emma simply looked at the Sidereal. “... Taytay has always been stubborn. Trust me on this, and well, with us, and now her mother? Ugh. She’s not going to be convinced she’s rocking the catwalk look, no matter what we do.”

“... Wanna bet?” Sarah smiled.

“Terms are we have to convince her today, without makeup.” Emma quietly stated. “And I’ll put 500 on it.”

“... Let me think on it.” Sarah studied the Lunar who was idly looking at her fingernails, tsking about something.

The time passed quietly, as the faint shower sounds ended. Emma snickered slightly at the few thumping sounds coming from the bathroom, but said nothing and the pair waited patiently, until the door opened, and Taylor simply looked at them, in the skinny black jeans, and loose forest green blouse that had been acquired.

“I had to hop up and down to get these jeans on! Why these?” Taylor grumped.

Sarah shook her head. “Damm. I know a lot of girls who’d kill for those legs.” Emma nodded.

“She’s not wrong, Taytay. Though… they are a bit tight.” Emma hummed.

Sarah shook her head. “We’d have to go to Boston at the least, New York or like for slightly looser, dance-cut skinny jeans, Emma.” The redheaded nodded.

“Yeah, Brockton Bay, what can you do?” She shook her head. “No one really sells pants made for martial artists here, not skinny jeans.”

Taylor tilted her head. “... There are pants made explicitly for martial artists?”

“Yes, or professional dancers, same basic issues. One good high kick or leg stretch and any jeans not made for that, go riiiip…” Sarah rolled her eyes.

The Solar blinked. “Oh… Why didn’t mine before?”

“Because Auntie and Uncle Danny were smart enough to buy you clothing that was loose, because you preferred it, and that removes some of the problems!” Emma snorted.

“... then why…” The raven haired girl was cut off by Sarah.

“Because you need to show off those legs.” The blonde nodded. “You’d be surprised on just how many boys… hell, guys will drool over them.”

“... Why would I want them to?” Taylor tilted her head.

Emma snickered. “Well, maybe not right now… But a year or so down the road, Taytay? It’ll be fun to tease them.”

Sarah laughed as well, then sobered. “Looks count as a weapon, too, Tay.” She paused. “Men and even women will be distracted, take you more seriously and listen if you present yourself to the best of your ability. You have the walk and bearing of someone who matters, and you actually have the body to back that up.”

Taylor just looked at the blonde. “First, not like you or Ems. And I know, Mom’s told me she didn’t really finish growing til college. So…”

“... We’re exalted Taytay.” Emma gently reminded her.

Sarah nodded. “We mature faster, our bodies tend to get optimized, and we can follow routines to improve ourselves across the board.”

Taylor tilted her head, unconvinced. “Still that…” She was cut off by Sarah toeing the door closed, so the mirror was visible and being spun around to face it, though Sarah put her hand over the Solar’s eyes.

“The sight you’re about to see is not what you remember.” Sarah urgently stated. “It is what Sol Invitius wishes you to have and expand on. Accept it.” Taylor paused as she felt a button being undone on the blouse.

“Okay.” Taylor sighed, and gave into the pleading Vizer.

Sarah smiled and removed her hand. “Look, don’t remember. Look with fresh eyes.

YOU get to decide what Taylor sees!
    Vote:
    [ ] Taylor sees a striking young woman with black curly hair fresh from the shower, that needs brushing, framing a clean face without any hint of blemishes that is suited for the wide expressive lips, the aquiline nose, and dark eyes with hints of gold around the iris that seem to reach out to grab onlookers, the the forest green blouse contrasts well with her lightly tanned skin as well as the tight black jeans which combined hint at a young woman beginning to bloom into a slim, sleek, seemingly fragile form with long toned legs that the jeans showed off .
    [ ] Taylor sees herself as before Sarah’s suggestion
    [ ] Write In
    AN: Sarah did use Force Decision, on Taylor. This is a Charm that lets the Sidereal force a choice out of two. Sarah used it to “Listen/Don’t listen” on Taylor, “Listen”, more or less to try to beat into the young teenager’s head that she needed to look, just not ‘look’ at the Mirror.

Also I couldn’t decide what reaction Taylor will have, it’s your decision.

This isn’t Taste of Peaches where Taylor goes from teenaged base willoy (ie, stick) to Kate Upton over a week, Exaltation doesn’t work that way without some serious interference (and Sol isn’t likely to go about that) from the Gods (read in game mechanical Blessings), but Exaltation does ‘enhance’ (in a way, it’s kinda hard to define, but think perfect skin, all scars and ‘imperfections’ go away, and slight ‘enhancements’ to what you already have (ie, improvements,not radical changes (Golden Lark in his story showed an good example)). Add in, that mechanically Appearance in Exalted isn’t just your base looks/body, but makeup skills, and how you stand, how you present yourself, how you walk, ie your base body language, including confidence in yourself etc). And yes, Exaltation does tend to accelerate physical puberty (either from being in perfect peak health, or just because). Add in that Taylor was undergoing hard martial arts training.

13. thewhiteraven22

[X] Taylor sees a striking young woman with black curly hair fresh from the shower, that needs brushing, framing a clean face without any hint of blemishes that is suited for the wide expressive lips, the aquiline nose, and dark eyes with hints of gold around the iris that seem to reach out to grab onlookers, the the forest green blouse contrasts well with her lightly tanned skin as well as the tight black jeans which combined hint at a young woman beginning to bloom into a slim, sleek, seemingly fragile form with long toned legs that the jeans showed off

Ah, my biggest flaw, descriptions. I can't describe details for shit, so I'm just going to use the pre-written one.

MageOhki likes this.
  14. MageOhki

Winner:
    [X] Taylor sees a striking young woman with black curly hair fresh from the shower, that needs brushing, framing a clean face without any hint of blemishes that is suited for the wide expressive lips, the aquiline nose, and dark eyes with hints of gold around the iris that seem to reach out to grab onlookers, the the forest green blouse contrasts well with her lightly tanned skin as well as the tight black jeans which combined hint at a young woman beginning to bloom into a slim, sleek, seemingly fragile form with long toned legs that the jeans showed off

thewhiteraven22 likes this.
  15. MageOhki

Due to issues, post isn't likely to be up and ready until 8/31/22, 0100 MDT

thewhiteraven22 and gale like this.
  16. Threadmarks: My, Exaltation is Nice
    MageOhki

My, Exaltation is Nice

AN: No real excuse, reasons, yes, excuses no. Anyways, onto the post! (I’m not doing a detailed description after this, thank you very much)

Taylor internally shrugged. What would it hurt to do as Sarah asked. Closing her eyes for a moment, she focused and mentally chanted ‘Look at the person in the mirror. Look at the person in the mirror…’

She took a deep breath, feeling Sarah behind her and Emma to her side, and reached for her power, letting a hint pool in her eyes as she opened them. Starting from the crown of the young woman in the mirror’s head, Taylor first noted the deep black of the rich and thick curly hair that shimmered down the head to the shoulders and back of the teenager in the mirror, the deep brown eyes with gold that drew in the eyes, the symmetrical face, the aquiline nose, and the striking high cheekbones and slightly sharp chin, abelt both with traces of baby fat still on them.

Glancing down, with a bit of wide eyed wonder, her forest green blouse’s collar framed an elegant neck, slim shoulders, hints of a chest, and an emerging willoy sleek frame. Finally, she looked at her legs. Encased in the black demin that showcased slightly muscled long legs, Taylor finally realized what the pair were saying.

“Oh.” Taylor finally spoke. “... How?”

Emma rolled her eyes. “Taylor, you take after Auntie a lot. You only really inherited your eyes from Uncle Danny.” Emma paused. “Well, a bit of his height as well, I’d figure.” Sarah nodded but didn’t say anything as Emma countied. “But, yeah, Mom has a few pics of Auntie, when she was your age.”

“I’ve seen them.” Taylor said repressively. “Why do you think I wasn’t worried?”

“Much.” Emma snarked back. “Doesn’t help that you had me, like Auntie had Mom, to compare yourself against.”

Sarah interrupted. “Add in exaltation’s mental and well, honestly, physical effects?” The Vizer shrugged.

Taylor turned to look at the two other teenagers in the room. “And you?” She put her hands on her hips. “I still won’t be looked at…”

Sarah laughed. “Bit of makeup, and oh, yes you will. Unlike us, who are very likely to get every jock swarming us and keeping the smart men away, you’ll get the people who’ll look beyond pure looks.” She sighed. “Unlike my father, or…”

“Or mine, I’ll admit.” Emma sighed. “Dad was very blunt about how stupid he was, and how he lucked out with Mom.” Taylor nodded. She had heard that before.

“So, what you’re saying I’d end up with someone like my father?” Sarah snorted at Taylor’s statement.

“You’re a Solar, Taylor. I’m not sure you get it… but in long term? We, as celestial exalts?” Sarah grinned. “Can have anyone we want.” She paused. “Well, except other Celestial Exalts, realistically, but even then… you’d be surprised.”

Taylor turned to the foxily grinning Vizer. “And how would you know this?”

“Well, my instructors in Vizer boot camp, as I call it, were quite clear. We’re all going to live a long time, and Celestial Exalts end up drawing everyone to them like moths to a flame.” The blonde shrugged, sighing. “And, more importantly, you are a Solar. Emma is a Lunar, who has a bond with you. You don’t have to worry about companionship. You don’t have to worry about not having someone to watch your back. You’ll have a person who’ll be there for you.”

Taylor’s face made an interesting expression, a mix of shock and disgust. “You do realize Emma’s effectively my sister?”

“Ayup. I wasn’t referring to romance, Taylor.” Sarah said repressively. She took a breath and continued. “While the bond is on the Lunar end, to a large extent, The bond provides a link, nothing more, nothing less. It can be a friendly rivalry, battle allies, sisters or brothers, or, yes, even lovers, but the bond is defined by the Lunar and Solar. ” Sarah thought for a second and then nodded once. “We live a long time, if we don’t die in battle. One of the reasons for the Lunar bond. But, that’s not going to be enough, for us. The bonds of circle, friendship and family are far more important and needed. ” She looked out the window at the distant skyline. “And we have to make our family. That’s what a circle of Exalts really is. Family you choose.

Taylor paused for a moment. She had to admit, it was nice hearing that she could get boys, but… that wasn’t important. Squaring her shoulders, and wiping the slight smile off her face. “Okay.” She took a deep breath. “But in the end, that’s not why we’re exalted. That isn’t why we’re coming together as a circle. We have things to do, worlds to save, people to bring together.”

“Doesn’t mean we can’t have fun doing it.” Emma shook her head. “Taytay… you always do this. Get an idea, and you’ll see it though!”

Sarah shrugged in response. “Doesn’t mean she’s not basically right. We are here to save the worlds. Though I agree with you. We can have a little fun while saving everyone. We’re Exalted, we can pull it off!”

Taylor looked at the two girls in front of her. “Only if it doesn’t get in the way, and doesn’t hurt our chances of bringing people together!”

“Spoilsport.”

Vote:
    [ ] To NYC and testing
    [ ] To NYC, gloss over testing, shopping trip
    [ ] Gloss over NYC, to Yu-Shan
    [ ] Gloss over NYC, to the start of School.
    [ ] Write in.

17. thewhiteraven22

[X]To NYC and testing

MageOhki likes this.
  18. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

With how it is described/similed, their is an implication that animals don't actually need their brains to function, just their spine, which is ridiculous lol, thus my suggestion to edit this to different parts of the brain. We have some understanding about what parts of the brain are connected to what features, and I am pretty sure we know which corresponds to instincts, and which to consciousness/sapience, at least genally. Pretty sure its googleable :p

Its either in Compass of Celestial Directions: Yu-Shan, or Rolls of Divinity I (but I am like 98% sure its the former) it describes in a sidebar that due to Luna and the Maidens following Ignis in his Celestial Order, that when he bestowed the Crown of Thunder and declared the Exalted would rule Creation, the vagueness of his actual statement (the Solars were not the only ones called Exalted after all, thus his statement applies to any Exalt, even though him handing said Crown to a Solar Exalt [and possibly more critically, a specific one] heavily implies he meant just the Solars, if not Meridia [I think that was her name] herself) combined with the fact they did not deny it, made it that his statement became a Law unto Creation itself (similar to the Sailian Working [I am pretty sure I misspelled this, although I feel like its close] that simplified the process for learning Sorcery to all beings). This makes all gods respect the Exalted, but Gaia had already left Creation by this point, and thus wasn't part of the Celestial Order, so her Exalted (or Grand-Exalted anyway) didn't receive the same reality rule change encoded into the gods. It straight up says that the gods inherently have more respect for a street urchin than a Dragonblood because the street urchin could theoretically Exalt as a Celestial Exalt, but the Dragonborn never can. Obviously, a god could gain respect for specific Dragonbloods, or even Dragonbloods as a whole, but that is from personal experience, not because it is a rule encoded into their beings. This isn't the sole reason the gods in general dislike/hate the Dragonbloods, but it adds to it.

Compass of Celestial Directions Malfeas specifies that it was the gods/Celestines who made the rule specifically so the Yozi couldn't undo their defeat (although they can still manipulate time in their own bodies, even resurrect the dead by Shaping away the past that lead to their deaths, if conditions don't contradict elements of the the Surrender Oaths), otherwise the Yozi could rez all of the Fallen Titans and undo their soul destruction (most critically, Malfeas would return to being Theion, and the Fate Maker would have been restored as well to his original state)

gale and MageOhki like this.
  19. MageOhki

Eh... *shrugs* If a charater speaks, sloppiness/etal is to be expected.

Lore is tricky (and the info on how the Mandate was transfered to the Exalted is actually DoFA), admittedly. When I said "stole the mandate" they took over, but Sol didn't approve. He didn't disapprove, admittedly. But...

For practical effects, the way I am interpreting the Mandate and all the details is as follows:
    Sol had it, assigned it to M-R-L. M-R-L for reasons (some personal, some force) devolved it to the entirety of the Solars. No more, no less.

That's it.

What the Mandate is: The divine right to rule Creation, not other exalts.

That's the interpretation I'm going with. (It fits with the lore, otherwise some of the stuff that the Sidereal alone got up to, would have gotten the gods to gank a fair bit of them, Dragonbloods even *worse*)
    And then, we have several places elsewhere (Time of Cascading years, expanded, once again, DoFA) who did it and several of the reasons.

When lore contradicts, go with the newest, is my general rule of thumb.

Therefore, the Solars did, to clean up the end of Time of Cascading Years.

White Wolf and Onyx Path get sloppy, with lore, concede.

What really matters: No time travel in creation.

That is the key issue.

20. Threadmarks: Testing And Recruitment Discussions
    MageOhki

Vote done: and it was obvious yesterday, so I went ahead and wrote. Primary editor didn't make a pass on this one (understandable why), but a few others did.

Testing And Recruitment Discussions

AN: You all just wanted to see pain and suffering inflicted. Nope. Not my style. At least when it serves no purpose. Plus, honestly, speeding up is a good thing.

Moring, August 23rd, 2009
    Powers Testing Reception, Department 1 HQ, New York City, New York, USA

“Welcome!” A smiling middle aged balding and bearded man stepped up to the group of exalts. “I am Doctor Jonas, part of the Powers testing team, here. I’m going to give you a brief overview of what we’re going to test.” He raised an eyebrow.

Several yawns, a few nods was his response, and he beamed. Shadowy Wings summed up the majority of the present’s feelings. “Oblivion take morning people.”

“That sounds unpleasant.” The Doctor shrugged. “Plus, I’ve been up all night, looking over already gathered testing data.. I can understand the hatred of morning people.”

Emma shot the doctor a bleary eyed glare, then yawned, stretching out her moriae. “Mornings suck.”

The doctor pretended not to notice, and continued on. “For those who didn’t test yesterday, we’re going to do quick runs on physical ability, with and without equipment, durability… which I’m sorry to say will hurt a bit, since we need to test how fast you regenerate…” He received a pointed glare from Shadowy Wings and Danny who indicated it better be just a bit of pain.

“Ugh. Can’t you just take that information from that…” Emma started to say, only to be cut off by the doctor’s raised hand.

“For some of you, yes. But we also want your baseline healing, too, you know.” The doctor shrugged. “We’ll also be testing for thinker powers, striker powers, and the like.”

“And for those of us that went though that yesterday?” Daniel Hebert asked, annoyed. “You asked us back for more testing today.”

“Ah! That. You three will be… “ The doctor looked at his notes. “Enlightening?” He paused. “Yes, that’s the word. Anyways, you’ll be Enlightening several of our agents, all volunteers. Then hopefully they can learn … an enlightened martial arts kata from you, I believe…” He shrugged. “Anyways. That’s the plan for today.”

The girls simply yawned and shrugged, while the Abyssal stared at the Doctor. “I refuse to enlighten a PRT agent, and in fact unless I have to, I won’t enlighten anyone.”

The Doctor looked at her. “Didn’t you agree to cooperate?” He got a nod in response. “Then… why not?”

“Because my method has a high chance of shattering a mind.” The Abyssal looked him in the eye. “I am Death. I am empowered by those who seek Oblivion. When I enlighten people… they get a taste of that.” Her anima flared and wrapped around her. The doctor shivered and stepped back.

“I… see. Well…” He gathered himself and looked at Tattletale who simply shrugged, as to indicate no problems on her end, and then Danny, who rolled his eyes but nodded in affirmation.

Getting positive responses from the two he sighed. “Well then, we can begin. If you would all follow me?”

“Coffee…” Emma moaned, only to have a to-go cup from a coffee shop shoved under her nose by Taylor.

“I can’t get why you like this stuff… Tea is superior.” Taylor sniffed as she sipped at another cup, though with a tag on a string hanging out from the lid, as they walked towards where the testing would take place.

Early Evening
    PRT Conference room 1.

Taylor’s head was on the table as the rest shuffled in. Testing was exhausting. More importantly, she found out what Sarah called Mote exhaustion… several times. Emma plopped next to her and also laid her head on the table. Sarah, comparatively, was - if not chipper - not as exhausted as the younger two felt.

“This is odd.” Sarah commented after a moment. Taylor rolled her head, followed by Emma raising her head a bit, both girls looking at her. The blonde shrugged. “Our parents or guardians aren’t here yet. I wonder …”

Emma’s head plopped back to the table, while Taylor asked. “Wonder what?”

“If this is their… the PRT, I mean, their way of trying to push recruitment on us, and then letting us sell the Wards to our Guardians.” Taylor snorted at that. She didn’t want to join, not since exalting, and she knew her parents wouldn’t budge on that.

“Waste of time.” Emma snorted. “I don’t see Auntie or Uncle budging one bit.” Before the other two could speak, a voice broke in.

“And why wouldn’t they?” A stern contralto spoke, drawing the three girls' eyes to the speaker. Alexandria, followed by Legend strode into the conference room. “Parents should want what is best for their children, not to indulge desires… and the Wards would keep you safe.”

Sarah snorted. “I’ve already got my guardianship shifted to my brother. Trust me, not only will you not convince me, you won’t convince him, either.”

Legend’s eyebrow raised at that statement, but Alexandria held up her hand, looking at the two girls who hadn’t responded to her, the raven haired one looking at her with distrust and disgust, and the other with a bit of wonder, but tempered by … a bit of contempt, maybe.

Taylor raised her head, straightened her back, and looked into the visored eyes. “No. My parents already made it clear their feelings about the PRT and Protectorate, and even though I am not inclined to give those much weight…” Taylor took a deep breath. “I don’t trust you. I don’t trust the PRT. I don’t trust the Protectorate. And I live in Brockton Bay. Keeping me safe?” Taylor snorted.

Emma just yawned. “Nope. As she said. Not to mention this is how you get Auntie, Uncle and my parents doing their best to rip your face off.”

Legend drew all their attention for a moment. His rich and smooth tenor, with it’s undertones drew the ear. “Surely it’s not that… contentious, is it? Why wouldn’t you want to be with those who know what it’s like to have powers?”

Before the younger pair could speak, Sarah interrupted them. “Because your Wards, with the exception of Aegis… can’t understand us. We aren’t broken. We didn’t break to get these powers. We fight. We survive. We are the unbowed. Keeping us safe?” Sarah looked the domino masked hero in the face. “Not happening. Not practical, and that would hinder our growth and limit what we can do.” She shook her head. “Exalted grow and learn by experience. Combat, social situations and by pushing ourselves. Wrapping us up in Youth Guard regulations?” Sarah shook her head. “No.”

Alexandria looked at the Vizier for a long moment. “As you claim, at least. That is something we do wish to confirm.”

Sarah snorted.

Legend spread his hands, an easy smile coming to his face. “Why don’t you at least tell us what is keeping the wards, besides what Sarah mentioned about experience, which I’m sure we can work around… from being an option?”

Vote:

[ ] Taylor rips into them with her partial memories of the Future that will not be.
    [ ] Taylor lets her feelings loose and the other behaviors of the PRT clear. (This is where the upload of the Future that will not be comes in.)
    [ ] Taylor just snorts and blows them off. Sarah takes over explaining just how bad of an idea Exalted as Wards is.
    [ ] Emma tears into them.
    [ ] The three give a list of insanities that they don't like.
    [ ] Write in.

Boy, this went an odd way… characters will do what characters will do, given the situations you give them. Eh, tis what it is.

21. thewhiteraven22

[X]Taylor rips into them with her partial memories of the Future that will not be.

22. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] Taylor just snorts and blows them off. Sarah takes over explaining just how bad of an idea Exalted as Wards is.

MageOhki question would you mind a omake? I am wondering if you wouldn't mind a Nocturnal omake is why I ask

MageOhki likes this.
  23. lightningburst123456789

lightningburst123456789 Making the rounds.

[X] Taylor just snorts and blows them off. Sarah takes over explaining just how bad of an idea Exalted as Wards is.

MageOhki likes this.
  24. MageOhki

Putting aside I only really understand that Nocturnals are a *fan* created splat, my policy is this: Omake == XP.

Any omake.
    Some might go up to canon status.

25. gale

gale Experienced.

They are a fan created exalted type. but they are also well, them an Eternals both have wonderful lore. Which you might not use, but can make for great omake material. Is why I am checking.

26. MageOhki

As I said. Omake are accepted.

It'd be nice if it was crossposted to SB, too

27. Extras: Family Courts, Laws and Exalted don’t really work together.
    MageOhki

Family Courts, Laws and Exalted don’t really work together.

AN: Usual weekend BS, so, have a side story on what's going on *elsewhere*. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the next mainline out.

Early Afternoon, August 25th, 2009
    Barnes Living Room, Brockton Bay, MA, USA

Missy stared across the table at the two adults in her direct line of vision. “So… you got custody?”

“Ayup.” The man, an Ethan Hawke spoke. “We did.”

Missy turned to Alan Barnes, and asked. “Why? Who in their right mind thought that Assault should have custody of me.”

“Hey!” Missy and Alan turned to the man, while his wife next to him facepalmed. “... How?”

“I can see, you just wear a visor, and your voice is identical. Moron.” Missy snapped.

The woman, a Jamie Hawke sighed. “Let me guess…”

“Yeah, yeah, Battery. Air is my ally, and I can hear very well.” Missy shrugged. “So… what the hell, Alan? Didn’t you say?”

The lawyer sighed. “That my wife and I should get custody? I did, and to be fair, I still think that we by the standards the judge should have gone by, we should have. Let me summarize the documents, and tell you what I think he’s really saying.”

The two Protectorate Heros traded a glance, and Missy, displaying a patience that she didn’t know she had before exalting, simply nodded.

“Thank you.” Alan cleared his throat. “In short. He didn’t award permanent custody, he only did a six month trial, and I think he’s looking for any excuse to yank it.” Assault raised an eyebrow.

“Why would he…”

Alan Barnes sighed. “Because, reading between the lines of the order… he was leaned on. Or if not leaned on, clearly informed that Missy was out as an open cape and that only the PRT could ‘protect’ her. By that… your lawyer… who really is the PRT’s, isn't she?” Alan received two nods. “Could have gotten an immediate appeal and likely won. Family court judges hate appeals on their rulings.”

“Oh.” Missy scowled a bit. “So… what? I’m stuck with the Wards, who’ll bar me from Sifu and the others?”

Alan grinned. “Oh, no, he shoved everything he could down their throat. This is telling me he’s really not happy with anyone involved.”

“He didn’t seem happy when I told him about how the Wards met with psychologists.” Missy shrugged. “I mean… when Zoe heard…”

“I’d charge you for the couch she burnt up, but… honestly, I want to slug who thought that up myself.” Alan shrugged, only to get winces from the two protectorate heroes.

“Yeah, that. If Missy said what I think she said, I can’t blame the judge for being unhappy.” Assault sighed. “Frankly, that’s not therapy, that’s making it worse. Sure, Yamada is good, we have a few others who aren’t bad, but… Musical therapists is a good way to get crazies, which… wouldn’t surprise me is the goal. Ow.” He turned and looked at his wife. “Puppy…”

“Behave. I know you’ve filed complaints about that. But…” the heroine sighed. “We really shouldn’t talk about it to those who…”

Alan grinned. “Would use it against you?” Battery nodded. “Tempting, but in this case, I’m not. The Judge did.

“Explain, our lawyer didn’t tell us the whole story.” Assault leaned forward. “Something about wanting to review this.”

“Once again, in short. PRT and Protectorate personnel are to have as little contact with Miss Brion, unless she explicitly authorizes it or it is needed for her immediate safety. You and your wife are exceptions. I am retained as her lawyer, and guardian ad litem, with authority over any and all medical and powers related testing.” He leaned back. “Not to mention a therapist is to be paid for by the PRT, court orders explicitly barring Piggot or Armsmaster from having any contact with Missy, and every month he’s going to have an interview with her. Further, he has explicitly authorized and flat out stated lessons with Missy’s Sifu is to continue.”

The two Hawkes traded glances. “That sounds like…”

“He doesn’t like what he ordered? And is spiking the PRT’s wheels?” Alan leaned forward. “It is exactly what you think. I know for a fact that he requested charges be filed against Armsmaster and Director Piggot for child endangerment.

Jamie blinked. “Why?”

Alan looked at her stunned. “... What part of putting her and Aegis in the camp, to befriend Taylor, as well as be there if something happened, which it did, wasn’t putting them in danger. From what I understand, only the Youth Guard’s signoff kept them out of court.”

“... Oh.” Jamie sighed. “Ethan…”

The man shook his head. “Nope, not going to say I told you so. I didn't tell you anyways.

His wife eyed him. “And Armsmaster?”

Ethan spread his hands. “Pretty sure he’s figured out how screwed up he is himself. The one thing I don’t regret is getting therapy. Why do you think I push it?”

Alan raised an eyebrow. “... You might be the only parahuman I heard…”

“Yeah, I got some… feeling about some things. Let’s just say that.” Ethan shook his head. “Plus, hell, we’re American. Y’know how that is.”

“... Yeah.” Alan shrugged. “So, Missy, do you want me to fight this? I can, and I get the sense the judge is just looking for an excuse to change his rulings.”

Missy frowned in thought. “You’re saying we could win.”

“Yes.”

“But you’re also saying he was leaned on… and even with that, he made sure that I could still get training, practice the martial arts, therapy, and see the rest? And that I don’t have to worry about the PRT treating me like a lab rat?”

Alan nodded. “As well as withdrawing you from the Wards, yes.” He eyed a paper. “For this reason, and I quote: ‘The Wards are for minor parahumans. As a matter of law, parahumans are defined. Melissa Brion no longer meets the legal medical definition of such, therefore she cannot be a Ward.’”

Missy winced. “They’re going to catch Carlos in that, aren’t they?”

“They wouldn’t…” Jamie began to speak.

“Well, hell, that’d explain why the lawyer was so frantic. The judge got Carlos in a separate order, didn’t he, Alan?” Ethan looked at the lawyer

“I don’t know, mind you, but it’d not surprise me.” Alan shrugged. “But back to you, Missy. What do you want?”

Missy eyed the pair of Protectorate heroes. “Why should I make this work?”

Jamie blinked, but Ethan placed a hand on her arm, to keep her quiet. Looking Missy in the eye, the former villain simply stated. “Because, bluntly, several points raised were accurate. We’re PRT officially, even in our civilian identities, so the unwritten rules about attacking capes in their civilian identities or homes are backed up by force, not just a gentleman’s agreement. The PRT’s lawyer did make that point out, and used Fleur to do it. So it is a layer of security.``

Alan nodded. “There is that, though I’m pretty sure no one even approaching sanity wants to go up against my wife’s best friend… or Danny.”

“I wouldn’t, no.” Assault nodded. “But that was a consideration. Second, I can tell you, I won’t go against the court orders, and I was already planning to let you do… well, within reason, anyways, what you thought best. I can tell you aren’t a parahuman.”

Alan studied the cape. “How?”

“Too calm.” Assault shrugged. “Too stable. While my lovely better half…” He winced as he was hit again. “Ahem.” Shooting her a smile, he moved on. “Is stable, the truth of the matter is, all capes are traumatized mentally to greater or lesser degree. I had noticed Missy’s… and a lot of it is gone.” He paused and looked at her. “Not all, admittedly, but you’re a hell of a lot calmer and more rational about things than I’d be in your shoes.”

Missy shrugged. “Exaltation is nice that way. I ride the winds, and they remind me that yesterday is yesterday and will grow farther away.”

“Huh.” Assault shrugged. “Anyways, with the court orders…”

Jamie nodded. “I can’t say I like them, I think you need testing to know what you can do, but Ethan thinks you’re getting that. I don’t know how a martial arts teacher…” She was interrupted by two snickers.

“... Sorry.” Alan regained his composure. “I’m not at liberty to say, but suffice it to say he actually has the most clue to what Missy or any of them can do. Maybe not all of it, but he knows what he’s doing.”

“Uh huh.” Jamie didn’t sound like she believed him. “How, what, he’s a god who was around when the last batch of Exalted were, if that's true?”

Alan and Missy shared a look, and Missy turned to her. “Doubt you’d believe us so, think what you want.” The young Dragonblood smiled. “The fact is I know what he can teach me, because he’s proven it.”

Jamie narrowed her eyes. “You’re still supposed to undergo a M/S screen.”

“Ah… about that. The judge ruled… that no. Not without a detailed reason to do so.” Alan shrugged. “As I’ve said, he’s not happy.

Ethan blew out a breath. “Well… fuck.” Blinking for a second, he turned to his wife, raising an eyebrow.

“Why would I hit you for beating me to what I was going to say?” Jamie sighed. “Piggot is not going to like this.”

Alan shrugged. “If you want, Missy can stay the night til the lawyers get it though her head, or she successfully appeals the judge’s orders.”

Missy narrowed her eyes. “You don’t think they’re going to.”

Ethan and Jamie shared another look and then looked at the lawyer. Alan sighed. “They might get the M/S screen. Rest? Doubtful. Family court judges have extreme leeway. Add in with the legal definition of parahumanity, I’d argue that the PRT has no authority. He was right there.”

Missy sighed. “Still going to have to go to school, aren’t I?”

Ethan tilted his head. “Don’t sound happy about that. I know I didn’t, but…”

The tween simply looked at the older hero. “It’s more that I’m going to be bored out of my mind.” Jamie raised an eyebrow to question. “I read. A lot. I learn fast. I’m pretty sure I can test out of at least half of high school right now.”

Ethan leaned back. “How? No offense, short stuff, but… While you weren’t stupid, you weren’t crazy smart and it’s only been a few weeks.”

Missy shrugged, now knowing what they didn’t know. “Exaltation enhances you. I’m an Air aspect, which means knowledge is my gift, along with the Winds. Exalted learn fast, especially in areas where it’s part of our exaltation’s nature.”

Jamie scrunched her face slightly. “You’re saying Exaltation makes you a Thinker?”

“Thinker, Brute, Trump.” Missy counted off… then paused. “Oh, and technically Noctis, if I read the rules right.”

Jamie’s eyes widened. “You don’t sleep?”

“I don’t need to, no.” Missy shook her head in response. “I don’t get physically tired, and as far as we can tell, the mental effects of going without sleep isn’t a problem. I can sleep, I just don’t have to.” She grinned. “Imagine how much reading you get done.”

“Or other training.” Alan said drying. “I’ve heard you and the others at night. If anything, that is what I envy. Thank god Zoe doesn't have that.” Missy grinned.

Ethan’s eyes narrowed. “You’re saying that it’s not intrinsic to Exaltation, then, that... Noctis like ability?”

Missy shrugged. “Sarah and Sifu commented on that. They said the first batch of Exaltations sent out this time had a little extra, that expresses itself differently per person exalted… but those of us who were parahumans, or like Sarah and Taylor, had the potential to trigger?”

“You mean… “ Ethan’s eyes were flashing. All of the rocks spiraled outwards and orbited Ethan as white light erupted from him, and sent Jamie sprawling as she was knocked to the side by the force of the eruption of the anima banner.

Alan just moaned as he pushed himself back from the anima, well aware of the effects. “My house…” He straightened and *glared* at the new Dragonblood, and the laughing Air Aspect. “OUT OUT OUT OUT OF MY HOUSE.” He paused. “BEFORE you destroy it!”

“Too…” Missy gasped laughing. “Late…”

Alan turned and looked at her and glared. “You are a Dragonblood. Get him out of here! Or you are paying for the house!”

Missy eeped. As she turned to face Assault and figure out how to calm him down, she was blown forward by winds not her own spiraling out from where Alan was standing.

“Oh.”

28. MageOhki

Editor has *not* finished with the latest post, will be up tomorrow roughly at 0100, presuming he finishes.

However, promise! It'll be a *bigger* chunk.

Much. (usual is 1-1.5k, right? Try *more than double*)

gale likes this.
  29. Threadmarks: What would be won’t be. What is lost can be regained.
    MageOhki

What would be won’t be. What is lost can be regained.

AN: Big chunk here (and not yet complete for this scene), both as apology *and* to celebrate breaking 100 watchers!

Legend’s words were not matched by Alexandria’s actions. Her expression, what could be seen of it, was no compromise. She was letting her body language radiate a firm and unyielding stance reflecting her known history as an unyielding pillart.

Taylor’s eyes narrowed, as she reacted to half remembered dreams and impressions she had gained over the past few weeks. These feelings stirred by Alexandria’s patent attempt to force them to come to her, force them to accept her position sparked a fury that was reflected in her eyes as she met the challenging look of the Triumvirate heroine..

“Because I won’t work for someone who treats human beings as lab rats, wiping their memories if it is a bad result. I won’t work for someone who is part of a conspiracy and doesn’t do what she said she’d do. I won’t obey someone who flaunts the oaths she’s sworn, Rebecca. I won’t work for anyone who treats people as disposable weapons and denies them the choice to matter. And I am Exalted. No one takes away my choice.Taylor’s eyes blazed in furious passion, clearly reflecting her inner emotions.

Taylor and Alexandria’s focus was on each other, and didn’t appear to note that Emma had stepped back, shifting to her larger and more impressive warform, while Sarah had gotten up and moved to the side, her hand mimicking the shape of a pistol, and keeping her green eyes laser focused on Legend, who was looking between the Solar and his teammate, clearly overtaken by the flurry of words and confused.

Alexandria held still, as her eyes narrowed in brief confusion, mouth opening to immediately reject the statements, freezing for a moment as her mind and powers studied the young Exalt in front of her comparing the body language and impressions she got to her knowledge, then her eyes narrowed in consideration, eyes flickering to the impassive expression of the blonde next to Taylor, then she realized that the Solar and Sidereal in front of her knew. “How do you know this?” Her alto voice was low and dangerous as she leaned forward, her eyes reflecting only the light, arms crossed, as she rose up, trying to force the young Solar to look up at the cape, giving her the appearance of looming over the table while not showing a hint of emotion in her eyes, as she was clearly trying to intimidate and enhance the threat she was making towards the Solar. “The only ones that know what you say are those involved. And you and your friends are not. Not yet. And we will keep it that way.”

Taylor refused to be intimidated by the black clad heroine. “We kill the unkillable” Taylor’s eyes had shifted from pure fury to glacial cold as she measured the distance to the woman. “And. you still need to breathe.

Sarah’s hand had flashed up from her side, interrupting Legend’s attempt to get between the two icy women. Flashing a vulpine smile she spoke amusedly. “Legend, even though you try to be a good man, this is not your fight. Alexandria has to make her own choices here and now.” Legend looked at the finger, clearly aware of the threat it was, and was considering if he could beat the shot, or should he simply stand down and let the conversation play out. Sarah’s eyes narrowed and a flash of green passed her eyes, as Legend clearly decided to get answers and see what was really going on.

“Rebecca Costa-Brown. You were fated to die at Taylor’s hands… until the future changed. Do you want that fate to happen today?” Sarah’s cold voice reached Alexandria’s ears as the Vizier intended.

Alexandria shifted her eyes slightly, keeping them mostly on the Raven haired Solar, but answered the Oracle. “If it is necessary, yes.” Sarah didn’t blink, but Alexandria’s words were chilling..

“Wait.” The tall catgirl had started scratching her head. “Experiments?” She was clearly confused, as she was clearly thinking, silver light starting to swirl around her. “... Wait, you mean the Case 53’s? The monster capes? She’s part of the group that’s rumored to sell powers on the ‘net?”

Taylor nodded, keeping her eyes razor focused. “Yeah. That’s what she and the rest of the Trivumare and a fedora woman do. Plus kill people who’ve outlived their usefulness.”

Legend was shocked still, emotions raging across his face, anger being one of them as Alexandria nodded. “You’re not wrong. So. You have a choice. We can fight, here and now… or we can agree to terms. You might win, I might, I am experienced… and aware of at least Sarah’s ability to kill powers… but I am a close range combatant and am very hard to injure… and I saw your fight with the Nazis.”

Taylor studied the woman, trying to push her feelings aside. “We aren’t going to be your puppets. Get that out of your head right now.” She paused, letting her inner power rise to the challenge in front of her and guide her next words. “We, humanity, have to come together.” Alexandria’s eyes returned the challenge present in Taylor’s own eyes. “I know if we do not work together, we will not win. And I will win. That’s what Exalted do.”

“Fierce words… for a child.” Alexandria shot back. “I have been preparing for the fight to save humanity since before you were born. Parahumans don’t work together. Even the ones we create in the end can’t bind the others together.”

Sarah responded for Taylor, her laughing tone backing her friend up. “We are Exalted. We aren’t parahumans. We do the impossible. Our exaltations do not come with a conflict drive imperative.

Alexandria leaned back at that statement, eyes narrowing. “Then what is the purpose of the power? If it is not to fight…”

“Kill the unkillable. Expand knowledge to heights unseen. Save countless lives. Establish a better future. Fight beyond the end of the World. That is what we do.” Taylor’s voice was intense and driven. “This is why we were chosen. We fight. We do not quit. We won't surrender. No matter the enemy.” She was standing straight and tall, as her anima started to expand outward, shedding warmth and backing up the conviction in her words. “We do not bow… to anyone. We do not lose. This is what we were told our predecessors did, even at the cost of their lives, this is what we will do. And we will let nothing stop us.”

Alexandria studied the girl. After a long moment she nodded, having made a decision. “You do not know the name or the nature of what you’re facing, do you?” Getting an shrug from Taylor, she noted Sarah wincing. Continuing on, a slight smile on her face, she spoke. “Scion… or Zion. He is one of a pair of beings, who are made up of shards. Those shards are what grant powers.” Taylor’s eyes widened at this statement, and Alexandria nodded.

“Yes, that is how you kill powers, you kill those shards. However, Eden, Scion’s partner… who’s already dead, by blind luck, and while you are not wrong, that we… well Caudron experiments giving out powers from bits of Eden’s corpse…” She sighed. “Given that is what the Entities do, as well, I see no reason to be ashamed of that fact. At least we don’t intend to destroy every Earth. Unlike them. We have no idea how to kill Zion, so we reached for anything that could do so!”

Taylor rocked back mentally, as Alexandria’s words rang with conviction. Emma spoke up clearly having figured something out.

“So, that’s why you give out powers… Silver bullet?” The Lunar received a nod. “Well… huh.
    I mean… I’m one of Luna’s chosen, don’t get me wrong. We’re all about the fight. But… as I so proved” Her rueful smile indicated she at least learned something. “Running headlong, with only one plan, and no thinking about what your enemy is, can do, possible weaknesses? No research about it? Seems to be a way to lose and lose completely. Given that it’s clear they’re Creatures of Darkness… and those with powers get tainted… Are you sure he can’t just shut down powers? ‘Cause if not… that’s just asking for it.” The Lunar hummed.

Legend finally spoke. “Rebecca, we will have words.” Turning to Sarah… “You never answered her question, nor did your friend. Before we go on, I need that answer. How did you learn of what my… friends were up to when I didn’t know?”

All eyes were drawn to the Sidereal who sighed. “One of my powers is reading the Loom, or what most people think of as Fate, though in a lot of ways, it’s just a giant prediction engine, not an absolute determination of what will happen…” She shook her head. “I doubt you believe in what I gave you, but take it as fact for this. The Incarnae, the Primordials and even the Yozi and Neverborn are powerful beyond belief, but… for reasons? They can’t directly fight the Entities. t I was waiting to tell the others in Yu-shan about the actual threat…” She shot Alexandria with an annoyed glare, but continued on. “That’s what we are for. And we can do. As for future knowledge that Taylor and others have, I can’t go into all the details… because I don’t know how precisely they did it, but they somehow acquired knowledge from the future that will not be now… and gave it to us. But that’s not the only problem.”

Alexandria’s head tilted, and she questioned. “What other problems do you see? And how do we know that the Incarnae and the others aren’t just other entities, using you to remove rivals?”

Emma responded first. “Civilization, at least on Earth Bet will collapse… not sure how long, but it’s obvious.” She shook her head. “It’s already done so in places, hasn’t it?” Alexandria nodded, a slight smile on her face.

Sarah picked up the thread, and spoke intently. “The Gods and the Primordials… even the Neverborn are not entities as you think of them. Primoridals… The way to put it is they appeared out of pure chaos and defined principals, and they created Creation, and later on Earths. Then you have the Gods, who were created by the Primordials. The Yozi and the Neverborn.” Sarah paused for a moment, clearly thinking on how to put this. “In short, the Yozi are surrendered Primordials and the Neverborn are the Primordials the Exalted host killed.

Alexandria didn’t respond to that statement, and Sarah continued on. “The Primordials, Yozi, Neverborn do share a similarity with the Entities, yes. But if you ever meet a demon, you’ll see the difference. Plus, Eden, you said?” Sarah got a nod from Alexandria. “Never showed up in the Underworld. Pretty clear not a Primordial. As every confirmed slain Primordial has shown up in the Underworld.”

Alexandria and Legend’s eyes both widened a bit at that flat statement. The Orcale smiled slightly and continued. “Gods only have one soul, and aren’t hive minded, or made up of lesser gods. Primordials… Yozi… Neverborn…” Sarah sighed. “Best way to put it, is they’re comprised of layers of sub souls with ‘merge’ to form another soul, which then forms the Yozi. But each sub soul, called Demon if a Yozi’s, called Deva if a Primordial’s, has it’s own personality, it’s own soul, it’s own wants, it’s own desires.” Sarah grinned. “No matter how strange those are. That’s the best way to put it, really, since English lacks the correct metaphysical or physical terms to describe the Primordials, Yozi or Neverborn. Guess another way to put it, sub souls could be considered organs or blood cells of the Yozi, that are sentient and sapient, and don’t have to stay in the Yozi.”

Alexandria snorted. “Not human at all, then?”

“Pretty much, yes. Gods are far closer in that regard. Mostly.” Sarah smiled slightly, indicating she wanted to move on.

Alexandria’s eyes narrowed, and she prodded the Sidierial. “How do you know that about… Demons or Devas?” Alexandria prodded.

“Oh. I’ve met one or two of them.” Sarah shrugged, and before anyone could react, she continued on. “You might also ask, if they had these sub souls, why did they create Gods?” Sarah short circuited a likely question. “They were made, to do tasks the Primordials didn’t want to well… waste a sub soul on. Protect, run, maintain their creation, Creation.” Sarah nodded at Alexandria’s sudden realization. “Yes, the Primordials by and large put in ways to keep Gods and other sentient beings from rebelling on them. The entities somehow, are similar enough, that they are triggering those bindings, and there are not enough free Primordials to actually fight. Well, fight and not destroy countless lives.” Sarah nodded. “Autochiton, the Great Maker designed Exaltations so the Gods could empower the only species that wasn’t bound to not directly attack the Primordials. And once again, we’re needed to fight those the Gods can’t. ”

Alexandria looked at the Oracle and narrowed her eyes. “You believe your statement is correct. But if the Entities are close enough to trigger that reaction from the Gods, then wouldn’t the Entities be Primordials?” It was clear she didn’t want to wage an endless war against more entities, and was giving Sarah a chance to explain further.

The Chosen of Secrets shook her head. “That I am sure of. Or at least the Incarnae are. When they decided to release the Exaltations again, they weren’t, but then they managed to get in contact with a Primordial, Autochthon, as well as the Yozi, the defeated and bound Primoridals, who after seeing an entity and their shards, called them false Primoridals. And honestly, given no summoning ritual works on the shards themselves that comprise the entities?”

Legend interrupted, shocked at what Sarah just said. “Are you saying you can summon … demons?” He sounded disbelieving.

“Can, yes, but not at this time, I haven’t learned the sorcery needed to.” The Vizier rolled her eyes. “Haven’t completed the trials of Sorcery… but anyways…” Sarah shrugged and returned to what she was saying. “I can prove to you that Gods exist. There’s at least one on Earth Bet right now. Gods, give any Solar enough time,and they might be able to create them.” Alexandria’s eyes widened at that statement.

Taylor turned to look at Sarah. “When were you going to tell me that?”

Sarah shrugged. “It was something, again, I wanted to discuss in Yu-Shan to be sure that no one we don’t want overhears that discussion..” Taylor snorted.

Taylor simply crossed her arms and stared at the suddenly sheepish Sidierial, but further conservation was blocked by Alexandria.

“... While interesting, we were discussing the … how to prove those you describe aren’t other Entities. Sarah nodded in response to the woman’s question.

“Okay, you’ve figured out that while our abilities run on essence, you have no idea what that is?”
    Alexandria nodded, and Sarah took that as permission to go on. “Shards at heart seem to do something to manipulate the physical reality, which, honestly, the Primordials defined and created. Essence is part of their creation and defined as such… I think, but I haven’t gotten that far into the early history and the underlying metaphysics of reality yet, but it’s a part that the Primordials, Gods and Exalted know, and the Shards don’t. Which is why some powers are easily understandable on how they work to humans, and even when not understandable, there is some sense that what science knows can eventually explain them.”

Alexandria paused for a moment. “I’d argue that, but there is the fact that some powers are at least understandable with current physics or knowledge, which implies that others are as well.”

Sarah grinned. “Primordials created those rules. So, they operate beyond them. Essence allows the user to cheat their asses off. To break the rules… well, at least the rules that Earth Bet knows, and suspects that govern reality. Essence does have it’s own set of rules, but outside some myth and legends? No one on Earth Bet has a clue.” She shrugged. Alexandria raised her eyebrow at that.

“The problem I have, young lady.” Alexandria decided to repress this smug teenager’s attitude a bit. “Is that you say these statements as fact. You do believe it, I am sure, and I’ll be fair… you may be right.” She paused, and shook her head. “But I need evidence. Real, tangible evidence, if only to verify what you’re saying.”

Taylor interrupted and in a rapid fire candace let her thoughts loose. “We could at least show her a Celestial Lion... Wait, you met a demon? Aren’t they Creatures of Darkness? You had to have met that demon in Yu-shan… which means Creatures of Darkness can be let into Yu-Shan.”

Sarah paused at Taylor’s stream of consciousness spilling at, and after parsing it, felt Alexandria’s raised eyebrow. Sighing, she spoke, realizing her intent to keep parahumans out of Yu-shan had failed. “Yes to the Celestial Lion, yes to meeting the demon in Yu-Shan…” She sighed. “In theory, yes, you or I could get permission maybe. If we had a Quill…” She was interrupted.

“A Quill?” Alexandria’s eyebrow rose even higher.

Sarah rolled her eyes. “Term for an Eclipse caste Solar. You did read what each caste’s anima banner is specifically intended to do? Eclipses are our diplomats among the Solars. In short, spiritually, they have total diplomatic immunity. And so does their party.” Seeing Alexandria nod, she continued. “If that’s what it takes, I can seek permission, so can Taylor. No assurances it’ll be granted, however.”

Alexandria nodded in understanding. “Please do so. I will think about it. And who should go.” Sarah raised her eyebrow, but didn’t argue.

Sarah shrugged. “Presuming I can get permission. Taylor might be better.” Taylor turned and looked at Sarah, followed by a raised eyebrow from the black clad protectorate member. The Vizier rolled her eyes. “I get the distinct impression, outside the Incarnae, Siderials are not popular in Yu-Shan. Politics, leave it at that.” Alexandria smiled slightly, while Taylor’s brow furrowed for a second, then smoothed.

Taylor looked at the two women. “So, we train up, assemble the host, kill the thing, and everyone lives happily ever after?” Sarah snorted at the slightly bemused tone of her Solar.

“Well, there’s holding humanity together long enough to do that.” Alexandria dryly said. “From what I’ve heard, you want and are capable of doing that…” Sarah interrupted anything else the elder woman would have said.

“And what happens when we kill the last Entity? We’ll need to rebuild civilization where it’s fallen. We’ll need to make sure no more Endbringers exist.” Sarah blew out a breath, and dropped the bombshell she had been informed of. “Will the remaining shards pick new leaders?” Sarah’s eyes were intent as she made her last question the answer.

Alexandria’s brow furrowed in thought. “That is… “ She paused and looked at the Vizer, and the dawning realization of the depths of the problems they needed to solve on the other two girls’ faces, then spoke again. “Troubling. More information from your patrons?” She received a nod. “I need to talk to them… or at least someone who is trustworthy and won’t be affected by any real Master effect.” Sarah snorted at that. Alexandria’s eyebrows rose, but she didn’t follow up on the reaction from the Oracle.

Taylor turned to face Alexandria, a challenging look in her eyes aimed at the older woman. “To summarize. We can win the battle. That is first and foremost what I’m told our Exaltations were made for. But the Great Maker, Autochthon, and the Incarane also made sure we would be able to win the peace afterwards. Be the rulers, the stewards and the dutiful soldiers preparing for future battles that none hope would come.” She nodded, conviction radiating from every inch of her body and suffusing her voice. “We will do it.” Sarah and Emma simply nodded once, clearly indicating they were agreeing and confident in the victory.

The brute and thinker of the most powerful group of heroes studied the exalted in front of her.

Finally she asked a question. “How long before you’re sure you can kill the Entity?”

Sarah shrugged. “Truth is, in theory, we should be close if not at the point of being able to kill him. Well, the theory doesn’t really take into account the fact that he’s really multidimensional with the capabilities to travel across them, something the Primordials aren’t and can’t do, not really, plus, frankly we want to survive killing him. So… at most, 5 years and then it’d be a cakewalk, presuming we get the information we need. It’s the Endbringers that in a lot of ways I’m more worried about. That’s what we’re trying to get up to speed to take on. And we thrive on challenges, learning, combat. We can’t just sit and grow in power. We need challenges to grow.”

Legend had remained quiet after his question, clearly assimilating the rapid fire conversation, but finally he spoke, seeking confirmation on a point he wasn’t sure of. “... So you’re saying the Gods…” He paused, not quite sure he was saying this. “Can’t directly do anything, but… they can empower and teach you to?’

Taylor nodded. “We are the answers to prayers.” She paused and nodded once. “The Incarane were here before, they empowered the Exaltions to answer Creation’s prayers. We succeeded before. We will answer them again.”

Alexandria wondered at the sheer confidence in the young teenager’s voice and body. As both older heros studied the three in front of them, they saw no difference in their attitude. The children knew they could and would win. “... I cannot say I want you to be wrong. I cannot say I know you are right. But…”

She was interrupted by Legend who shook his head. “But I, at least, hope you are right. Humanity needs that.” Alexandria nodded in agreement.

“Humanity will come together, and win.” Taylor asserted, her eyes daring the two older heroes to challenge her.

Alexandria shook her head, bemused. “Easier said than done. We’ve been trying. As you said, the conflict drive imperative makes it… difficult.”

“You aren’t us. We were created to form nations. Form massive armies and lead them to victory.” Taylor shook her head. “There were only 300 Solars in the Primordial war… and we still won.”

Emma backed her Solar up. “Solars Train, lead, and are champions of the Host. Lunars are the stewards, the warriors, and the guardians. Siderials investigate, study, gather information, and train the Exalted. Dragon Bloods are the backbone and officers. But Humanity itself is the core of the Host that was led, and then turned into the greatest nation ever.” Sarah simply nodded to agree with the Lunar’s statements.

“I assume this was originally in another reality as there is no evidence of such a nation existing on Earth-Bet at least?” Alexandria stated.

Sarah nodded an affirmation to the older woman’s question and added. “And, no, I can’t at this time take you directly there.” She shrugged. “Any portal to Creation outside the Yu-shan gates, the Maflean way, or via Underworld walking, is locked off until the end of June 2013.” Alexandria raised an eyebrow at Sarah’s statement.

“I’m not asking to go there, just what is it. I’m assuming an alternate Earth, such as Earth-Aleph?” Alexandria dryly stated.

Sarah laughed. “Oh… please don’t die until after June 2013, please. I so want to show you just how wrong that thought is. It may be what one considers an alternate Earth but… oh how… different it is.” Alexandria massaged her forehead, clearly exasperated and finally just shook her head and leaned back as she returned to the neutral expression she had been wearing for most of the discussion.

“I think it’s clear that you’re not going to allow us to lead in this, and that both you and your families are going to be watching for any form of manipulation. Though I do ask that you refrain from trolling us. We are quite aware of our flaws and that, until now, that we were not the best option at saving humanity - just the only one active or known.” Alexandria took a long slow breath before continuing, “We have the same aim, I believe it would be in the best interest of humanity if we worked together. Opposing each other would weaken us all.” An odd expression crossed her face as she said the last.

Taylor stopped Sarah from responding, sending the Chosen of Secrets a glare, indicating the time to be a bitch was over. Sarah shrugged, indicating no remorse to her friend. A sigh and the Solar turned back to Alexandria.

“That’s why I want to bring all of humanity together. When we all work together… nothing is beyond humanity.” Taylor stated. “That’s why I was chosen. I want to do that. Lead humanity to not only victory but the future we should be having.” Taylor’s expression grew dark. “Not what we were on track to have. But make no mistake, we’re not going to be puppets, or agree with everything you say. You’ve given up your hope.”

Alexandria smiled slightly, while Legend just shook his head ruefully. “I would ask if you are really just teenagers, but I’m beginning to truly realize what you are. And your childhood ended the moment you exalted, didn’t it?”

Sarah nodded sobery, while the two other girls didn’t respond, and Sarah finally said. “This is Earth Bet. Childhoods don’t really exist anymore, do they? Not everywhere, and not for much longer.”

Legend stared at the blonde, not believing what she was saying. Alexandria nodded in agreement with the Vizier, her expressionless face softening for a moment to one of quiet reflection and hints of exhaustion, for a moment looking every part the thirty year veteran of a futile war against a creeping oblivion.

Taylor’s eyes softened for a second, as Sarah facepalmed, picking up on the cue that had just been given. “I’m right. You’ve given up, you didn’t believe victory was possible!”

“But we had to try.” Alexandria shook her head.

Taylor shrugged, indicating she didn’t accept that. “Try and reach for that one in a billion billion chance, instead of just giving up hope?” She looked at the older woman, shaking her head. “Going through the motions instead of pushing your all for victory.”

Alexandria snorted “What other option did we have? Better to die on our feet than meekly pass into the night.”

Taylor sighed, and shook her head. “We’re going to win. We are going to give up our todays for everyone’s tomorrow.” Alexandria shook her head bemused at the Solar’s statement.

“I give us better odds today than I did yesterday,” Alexadira admitted, “But it’s going to be a fight either way.” She took a breath, “But that said, as things stand, we estimate no more than 20 years before there is no more civilization, no matter what we do, though we aren’t sure if the threat will come to a head before then.” Rebecca Costa Brown removed her helmet and looked at all three girls. “Now you know what we are facing. What do you suggest we do from here?”

Taylor turned to Sarah then Emma, a question in her eyes.

Vote:
    First: What choices do the Exalted want?
    [ ] Ethical route. End experimentations, work together, but not let Cauldron lead.
    [ ] Expedient route. Accept what is needed, to build an army rapidly. (This is allowing experimentation in granting powers/etal to continue, but healing/killing the powers of those failed experiments.)
    [ ] Fuck off Route. Do it without Cauldron.
    [ ] Write In.

Second:
    [ ] Alexandria if possible will go herself to Yu-Shan.
    [ ] Alexandria will send Legend.
    [ ] Alexandria will send Eidolon.
    [ ] Alexandria will send Contessa
    [ ] Alexandria will not send anyone.
    [ ] Alexandria will send (Write In)

AN: This is the truth of Exalted. Exalted are the answer to prayers. Or that’s what they were really intended for. Deliverance against those who would just use humanity and others as toys. Giving Humanity that level of power… even without the death curses of the Neverborn, on the other hand… Welp.

Prince Charon, meloa789, Anor and 2 others like this.
  30. thewhiteraven22

[X] Expedient route. Accept what is needed, to build an army rapidly. (This is allowing experimentation in granting powers/etal to continue, but healing/killing the powers of those failed experiments.)

[X] Alexandria if possible will go herself to Yu-Shan.

MageOhki likes this.