1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Redemption Quest (Exalted/Worm) (Elements of Peggy Sue).

Discussion in 'Questing' started by MageOhki, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Extras: PRT CASE FILE: 125 (Exalted) (Summary)
    MageOhki

MageOhki Not too sore, are you?

PRT CASE FILE: 125 (Exalted) (Summary)

To: All PRT and Protectorate Agents

File Date: 2 SEPT 2009
    Modification Date: 2 SEPT 2009

PREFACE:
    Before reading this summary or the extended file, be aware that the majority of these statements come from documents given to the PRT via Tattletale(see PRT File 0125-03-00001), with some verification via Department ENE and Department 1’s test and medical facilities and staff. Some of the more outlandish claims or similar at this time, cannot be disproven. PRT Research does not place high confidence in the unverified or unverifiable elements of the documents that Tattletale delivered.

Watchdog, after reviewing testing data and the documents, has higher confidence than PRT Research.

OPENING:

On 13 AUG 2009, Tattletale delivered two documents, in electronic form to the PRT ENE, per previous agreement (See Action Report, PRT-ENE-11082009-25) to resolve the event referenced in the referenced action report. The first document is called “Exalted, a primer”, a summary of what ‘types’ of Exalted there are, ‘what’ they are, a basic overview of how they work, and a basic overview of what they can do. The second document, called “Creation, a brief history”, is, per Tattletale, a summary history of where the Exalted were, an alternate Earth tentatively identified as Earth-Creation, pending proof of its existence or another classification.

Testing was performed on AEGIS (File Number (transferred) 0125-04-00002) and ARMSMASTER (File Number 0125-04-00002) was performed after loss of previous powers and
    on 23 AUG 2009 and 24 AUG 2009, the parahumans identified as SHADOWY WINGS (ex-BLOODY OWL)(See PRT Case File: 0125-01-00001), DOCKMASTER (See file: 0125-02-00001), CORSAIR (See file: 0125-04-00001), LITTLE OWL (Tentative) (See 0125-01-00002), IRISHFIRE (See File 0125-04-00004), BAYFIRE (See File 0125-04-00005), VISTA(See File 0125-04-00003) and CHEETER (See File 0125-02-00002) were undertaken. Pending testing of two additional Type 4 exalts should be completed NLT then 01 OCT 2009.

All Testing performed on named subjects was non-invasive and included medical testing.

CLAIMS AND RESULTS:

Putting aside the document “Creation, a Brief History” as not necessary for this summary, “Exalted, a Primer” made several claims. First, that the ‘Exalted’ were not parahumans, but humans who had a superweapon grafted to their souls. As we lack the ability to detect souls, we cannot verify the second half of the claim. However, by legal and currently accepted medical definition, the first part of the claim is accurate. As all the subjects of testing could have MRIs performed on them, and their brains easily observed, detection of the Corona structures or abnormal structures of a similar nature in the brain could be done. None were detected, even in subjects VISTA, AEGIS and ARMSMASTER, and in fact, their bodies showed no parahuman alteration. Rare structures seen in the brains and nervous systems were seen, same with muscle structures, but they have been observed in proven non parahumans, therefore, while an outlier, the judgment of the medical professionals is “Not Parahuman.”

Second Claim presented and tested for, was that Exalted could learn new powers as well as learn quicker than normal. Indirect proof of this claim was already present, see information on SHADOWLY WINGS, but direct observation of this, based on the mechanics shown, outside one case was not able to be shown. CHEETER and DOCKMASTER were able to learn new forms to shift to, by sampling what they called the “Heart’s Blood” of an animal (Pigeon in CHEETER’s case, a raccoon in DOCKMASTER’s case), which is the process of effectively drinking the last bit of pumped blood from prey. Indirect proof from CHEETER and VISTA based on educational records and testing indicate basic learning speeds are enhanced. Only AEGIS showed any such ability beyond the above two, but given the time he was under observation and testing, and what the claim was made, we have high confidence this claim is correct. Consider all Exalted to be Proficiency Thinkers and Infinity Trumps until proven false.

Third Claim: Exalted heal faster as a natural side effect and are tougher to greater or lesser degree than normal people. Proven. This healing is in line with a low level Regen Brute, and toughness of a low level Repression Brute.

Fourth Claim: There are at least 7 types of Exalted, each type with specific themes and ways they use their powers. Claim at this time is not proven, but all information gathered indicates the claim is accurate, but at this time we have not fully proven or disproven this statement.

Fifth Claim: This one is unprovable by nature with the short amount of time the Testing staff have. Type 4 Exalts (see below), also called Dragonbloods will pass, or have a high possibility of passing their ‘Exaltation’ to their children, and other types of Exalts able to pass weaker versions of their powers to their children. Experimentation is required. With only two male candidates for this process, we would be willing to fund this for the female candidates.

(Chief Director Statement{02SEPT2009} Denied outright for any subject under age of Majority… and if you suggest it regarding the minors, I will help SHADOWY WINGS and DOCKMASTER rip your heads off.)

Sixth Claim: That “Autochiton’ or ‘Incarane’ built or empowered their ‘Exaltations’ A offer (which this writer understands was accepted) to at least meet the ‘Incarane’ was made. Even with this, this writer feels this claim is not provable.

Seventh Claim: Exalted powers, or a large number of them run off ‘Essence’. As we have no ability to test for such, cannot prove or disprove. However, the concept may be responsible for myths regarding martial artists, and presuming the other claims not covered in this document are approaching accuracy, may be responsible for myths of gods and similar beings.

Eight Claim: Exalted can ‘enlighten’ normal people by several methods. The method was (and this claim was proven) varies between individual Exalts, but, with the caveat that we cannot directly detect essence in a body, it does appear that this is accurate. Further, essence using martial arts can be taught (Two separate PRT Field Agents have learned the first kata of a ‘Terrestrial’ Martial Art), or learned if enlightened, to use their terminology. Medical and M/S screenings show no ill effects or consequences for this. Further, there are methods, unproven at this time, to not require the Exalts. It is the recommendation of this writer, that those methods be examined and tested. Further, training in the enlightened martial arts is of clear advantage to PRT.

Ninth Claim: Exalted can create what they define as “artifacts” that use essence to attain exceptional performance. Proven, though claim that enlightened people can also craft these ‘artifacts’ is not. Study of CORSAIR's or SHADOWY WINGS’ weapons prove the exceptional performance claim. At this time, such artifacts are defined as Tinkertech.

Tenth Claim: Exalted can keep learning and growing, even to and beyond the point of being able to kill Engbringers. First aspect of the claim, is tentatively proven, by the limited information on subjects SHADOWY WINGS, CORSAIR and TATTLETALE. Second aspect is not, however, this department will not claim it is disproven.

Other claims are beyond the scope of this summary document.

CONCLUSION:

We have no proof that the Exalted are telling the truth about their powers, but every claim we could prove indicated they were not lying about that. Further testing, and research is needed. Every effort should be made to encourage the joining of the Exalted to the Protectorate or PRT, or even further testing. The claim that they will be able to kill Engbringers should not be relied upon or made a part of planning, but it also should not be ignored.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

All effort should be made to prove remaining claims that we have not, by whatever means possible. If at all possible, subject TATTLETALE’s claim of books on ‘monotonic’ science, ie, study of Essence, should be proven and those books acquired. All efforts to recruit or gain assistance of the Exalted should be made. Enlightening, specifically by non Exalted assistance, even with the time investment claimed, and education of PRT Agents into the Enlightened martial arts should be done. Until a program can be set up to do enlightenment without Exalted assistance, careful and controlled enlightenment and teaching should be done.

Field Agents should take the following into consideration:
    Treat ALL EXALTED without specific Threat ratings as at least 3 in the following areas:
    Brute, Thinker(social, proficiency and combat), Trump (specifically Null and Infinity. Subareas to include all other areas not listed, until proven otherwise.). Parahuman engagement is not recommended given the threat of power removal and destruction that several Exalted have proven able to do. All Exalted possess the ability to develop what in concept is “Perfect Defenses” as such, presume even area attacks may not work until their ‘essence’ pool is exhausted.

Treat ALL Exalted as Strikers of 5 or higher due to the existence of enlightened martial arts.

There are four known types of Exalted
    Type 1: Solar/Abyssal (the claim is this is a separate type, but they seem to be a death version of Solars, which subject TATTLETALE and subject SHADOWY WINGS concede). Least bound by theme, their theme is ‘excellence in all things’, to and beyond human maximal abilities. Gold or Black ‘anima’ banner/battle aura, gold or black forehead “caste marks.”.

Type 2: Lunar. Shapeshifters, survivalist/combat/natural theme. Add at least Changer 4 to the threat rating if you see silver anima or “Caste mark” on forehead.

Type 3: Siderials: Claimed theme (testing did not disprove or prove) is fate, manipulation of such and other similar esoteric abilities. Add Stranger ratings if you see a color anima (Green, Blue, Red, Purple or Yellow) as well as a caste mark of color matching the anima corresponding to greek symbolism. (See attached 11,23,75 for appropriate depictions of known caste marks among all types)

Type 4: Dragonbloods. Theme is elemental effects and teamwork. If you see an elemental themed anima, add Shaker 3 rating. Considered the ‘weakest’ of the Exalted, but because they are meant to work together and aid all the other exalted. Anima appears elemental and is potentially lethal to humans. Do not engage from within anima flux. Dragon-bloods do not have caste marks, but are said to show signs of elemental taint in features as they grow in power.

Type 5: Infenals: Presumed type, theme is “Yozi/Demon” (See expanded Case 125 file). Presumed event in Montreal may involve them. Greenish (sickly) anima with other colors in the banner. Impression subject TATTLETALE gave is DO NOT ENGAGE without Exalted (Type 1 though 3) support. Information on these include high possibility of extreme master abilities, extreme shaker abilities, and breaker abilities. See attachments label: Slayer, Malefactor, Scourge, Defiler, Fiend. See Attachment: SHINTAI. If described Shintai is encountered and hostile apply Endbringer protocols.

Type 6: Alchemicals. Presumed Type, theme is champions of the people with artificial bodies to house their soul. Based on information, add a higher brute rating, as a baseline.

Existence of Sorcery, Protocols and Necromancy (see detailed Case 125 file), is at this time not proven, but if proven, add Shaker 8+ ratings to all Exalted.

Enlightened Mortals should be taken on the enlightened martial art known, but ratings of 2 to 3 as a floor is suggested, if they have a complete enlightened martial art.

Chief Director comments:

Agreed with Recommandations. If at all possible, consideration of the likely ability to meet Endbringers in combat with a chance of Endbringer destruction should be taken into account.

Consideration to asking/agreeing to assisting in the burden of child raising for legal adult Exalts to prove or disprove the ability to pass the so called exaltations, or weaker powers alone will be considered.

Attempts to recruit are ongoing, and with Aegis choosing to remain in the Wards, non invasive, agreed testing and experimentation will continue at least with him. At this time, Armsmaster has not stated he is rejoining, nor has Vista.

Resources and additional support will be sent to Brockton Bay, see attached file.

Suggestions to Congress about Exalted and Enlightened people being placed under PRT authority and jurisdiction, as well as potential NEAPA-5 additions will be made.

My, my. This IS a fascinating read. Don’t worry my pretties, I’ll be along to get more information soon enough. This is relevant to my interests. Don’t bother tracking my connection. There isn’t one. Toodles!

2. MageOhki

Total Tally:
    7 [ ] Ethical route. End experimentations, work together, but not let Cauldron lead.
    2 [ ] Expedient route. Accept what is needed, to build an army rapidly. (This is allowing experimentation in granting powers/etal to continue, but healing/killing the powers of those failed experiments.)
    1 [ ] Fuck off Route. Do it without Cauldron.

7 [ ] Alexandria if possible will go herself to Yu-Shan.
    1 [ ] Alexandria will send Legend.
    1 [ ] Alexandria will send Eidolon.
    1 [ ] Alexandria will send Contessa

(There were votes elsewhere, accumulated)

3. Threadmarks: Big Heros for a Big Age don’t do unheroic things, do they?
    MageOhki

Big Heros for a Big Age don’t do unheroic things, do they?

AN: The Fuck off vote was Exalted, but it’d be a further step along the Kherpi route, while the ethical route is also Exalted, but steers another way. Yes, Taylor has routes. Also, it’s late because I am at the mercy of the Editor…

“So, where do we go from here?”

Alexandria leaned back, considering the three girls and their statement. She had thought that they’d keep pushing, to force her to bend to them. That’s what she would do, after all. She wondered where she started thinking that others would do what she would do.

She noted Legend leaving, a furious scowl on his face, and compared his reaction to what she now thought the Exalted would do. She mused that the testers wouldn’t test was what she suspected by her observations, and that parahumans didn’t have. The Exalted had a natural soft, immediate hierarchy, and on top of that, they would express themselves to each other with respect.

Dragonblooded tended to listen to the others, not tamely, but they did seem to at least support the Celestials once the plan was settled. The Lunar pair clearly deferred to the Solar and Abyssal, though the adult pair might have been long experience with each other, while Tattletale seemed to look for final desicions from the Solar, though it was clear she’d do her own thing when she wanted. Not tamely, mind you, but overall direction once discussion happened came from the Solar and Abyssal. Though Shadowy Wings seemed to be content to follow Taylor’s lead. Though in her case, it was what mattered to the Abyssal, Alexandria thought, not any power interaction, and neither Lunar were tame, nor did they just meekely go along. Just a tendency to listen and go with the final plan, when it was settled between everyone.

“We discuss what you want.” Alexandria finally said. “Until such time as your statements are verified, at least up to a reasonable point, we can’t... nor should we come to a final agreement.”

Taylor’s eyes widened. “So you’re going to listen? And not laugh at us… and why not our parents?”

Alexandria snorted. “I’ll be honest. In some ways, you three remind me of someone… just a bit older than you are now… I don’t see her anymore in the mirror. Though I think Hero would have loved you all, and wonder where we went sideways” The three Celestials were sobered by that.

“But, that’s neither here nor there. I would be … remiss, shall we say, if I did not consider other options. Victory is what matters, and that’s saving humanity from our enemy. How it’s done is immaterial, except to my ego.”

Taylor looked at her. “And that means… you want to live up to your heroic title?”

Alexandria smiled slightly. “I will be blunt. I hate the PR I have, it tries to make me out to be this unyielding perfect paragon of dark heroism, that will always stand between people and evil. But it’s needed. And I should try to live up to it, no?”

Emma yawned. “That’d be smart, yes.” She shrugged, green eyes looking intently at Alexandria. “So, why are you pushing us to say our demands, instead of our parents.”

Sarah groaned. “She’s figured out how Exalted social structures tend to work.” Alexandria grinned. “And it wouldn’t surprise me if she thinks Taylor is the pole we rotate around, since …”

Alexandria cut in with an observation. “If you mean Shadowy Wings being unlikely to contest anything Taylor wants… yes. Only reason she would is if it threatened Taylor. Lunars?” She looked at Emma then back to Taylor. “I think you know better than I. You are the only active Sidereal… and at worst, Dockmaster might have additional demands, but I doubt he’ll completely undercut you, or if he does, he’ll do it in a manner that’d educate you.” Taylor’s face scowled slightly at the mention of her parents, and Alexandria repressed showing any pleasure of successfully figuring out the social interactions beyond what she believed the Exalted naturally fell into.

Emma tilted her head inviting ALexandria to contuine. “And the Dragonbloods?” Alexandria scoffed. “No offense to your mother, sister or…” She looked at Tattletale, “Corisar, but while I have no doubt they would make their points cleanly, I have noticed that in some ways they treat you as generals, to their field grade officers… or similar, I suppose, to NCOs. Not to say they are passive, or unwilling to take a bat to you if you need it, just… they aren’t the top of the pile.”

Emma winced. “Okay.”

Taylor took a deep breath and looked Alexandria in the eyes. “Case 53s. They end. I’m still not sure about granting powers via vials… but they end. We also stop the concept that villains can be redeemable or at least useful against Endbringers, and sparing their lives. Hookwolf…” Taylor unconsciously rubbed her chest, then continued on. “Should have been put down years ago, for example.”

Alexandria leaned back. “Let me guess, you would also like NEAPA-5 dealt with.”

Emma snorted in response. “Eh… way I was told by Mrs. Dallon… Brandish?” She got a nod from the heroine. “Some parts of it were good. And meant to keep parahumans from putting in major infrastructure or chocking out non parahuman industry, given all things about tinkertech. But she thinks you used it to get what would become the Elite to join the Protectorate, and limit what capes could do. I mean… But, with the conflict drive of natural parahumans… eh.” Emma expanded on her point, when Taylor gave her a questioning look. “I’m pretty sure even those who really want to be non violent, out of the natural triggers won’t be, their powers will push them.”

Alexandria nodded. “That is our impression, yes. And Brandish is right. We did use it, but the movement was already there, we just…” She paused, clearly searching for a word. “Nudged it to get an extra result.”

Taylor leaned back. “So… basically, we’d need to figure out some way while we’re dealing with the other threats…” She turned to Sarah and glared a bit, but shook her head as she turned back to Alexandria and added “Which I still don’t know fully, that natural parahuman drive. Ugh, how about we just build fighting arenas, blood sport level if needed.” Emma and Sarah’s head snapped towards Taylor when she said that, even Alexandria’s eyes widened at that statement.

“Uh… Tay? When did you get so uh… Roman about it?” Sarah finally managed to say.

The Solar tilted her head and shook it. “Eh, some dreams about watching some lizard people and I think Dragon bloods?” She shrugged. “Fight in an arena, and well, if the parahumans have to fight… regulate it? Don’t like it but… I mean, we would not have it be death matches every fight, and well, it could be made like boxing or martial arts tournaments…” Taylor mused. “With various brackets for solos, teams, and like?” The brunette shook her head. “Not important now, but some way to vent the urge to fight would help society a lot.”

“Needs must, does the least amount of damage and risks the least people?” Alexandria asked dryly. “I’ll admit that is a thought that hadn’t occurred to me.”

Emma shook her head. “Given how many videos of cape fights are on PHO and are avidly watched, why not?”

The Chief Director of the PRT honestly thought about that question. “I… don’t know. I honestly don’t. It seems to me to be an ideal solution, in a lot of ways…”

“Cops and robbers.” The blonde Vizier snorted. “All of us are indoctrinated by the comics. Civilized, as well. Boxing and Martial Arts competitions are also niche. That’s why, I bet.” Sarah paused “It doesn’t help I suspect that the first few capes to come out really brought into the comics before them.” Sarah shook her head and added. “Taylor’s just more in tune with the memories loaded into her exaltation than I thought.”

Alexandria’s eyebrow rose. “Either the future that you are sent to prevent got worse than I could ever think, or… They loaded memories of previous holders of your exaltations, didn’t they, the Gods and Primordials, I mean?”

Sarah nodded. “Not sure what they did for the Dragonbloods, given how those work, but yeah, and if Lytek doesn’t ah… fully clean the exaltation, I guess is a way to put it, memories remain. How much will vary, and I’ve not been told how the decision is made on how few or how many memories remain.”

“... That means… No, something to discuss later.” Alexandria leaned back, but then sighed. “I will be honest, your main complaint seems to be with how we work in several ways, such as secrecy, and how we seem to be manipulating the world.” She received three nods as she said that, and then added. “And I suspect how we handle Case 53’s. Plus, frankly, while you don’t want to be taking orders from Cauldron or the Protectorate, you aren’t unwilling to work with us.”

“That in basic… yes.” Taylor sighed. “Plus a few other things, why in hell are you running the PRT as well as being a Protectorate hero? From where we sit…”

“I am doing a shit poor job.” Alexandria nodded. “I can’t disagree at least from the outside.”

Taylor shook her head. “I just… Okay, I just know Cauldron is a failure.” She looked displeased, but added. “I don’t know why, and I don’t know why I want to repeatedly shoot a woman in a fedora, but I do.”

Sarah spoke a bit coolly. “I think I do. And bluntly? If I see her, I will kill her.” Emma’s eyebrow rose as she looked at the blonde. “Emma? I’d recommend you kill her first, period.”

“I… see.” Alexandria’s mind whirred, but she couldn’t figure out why Contessa had gained the fury of these teenagers. “I will keep that in mind.”

“Good.” Taylor shook her head. “But seriously, the Case 53 situation… no, that has to end.”

Alexandria looked at the Solar. “I will be fair, there are aspects of the program that creates them, that by almost any ethical or moral standard, is wrong.” She sighed, then tilted her head. “But not all of them.”

Taylor’s eyes grew stubborn, and indicated she’d be very unwilling to budge. Alexandria smiled.

“Did I say you reminded me of myself? You really do.” She smiled. “But to shut down Case 53 creation, we would have to shut down granting powers in general.” She saw Taylor’s eyes widen at that, and continued on. “Contrary to what we may imply, we, Cauldron, view Case 53’s as a failure. Far too many of them can’t even be outside an asylum for their own safety, and too many of them cannot live with what they have become.” She blew out a sigh. “But others, and not just Case 53s… yes, we do wipe or implant suggestions to do certain things, remove memories that would expose us, create nemesis for those who pay for that.”

“You’re taking away their free will?” Taylor blurted. “Why …

“Yes.” Alexandria nodded. “The path demands it, or so I’m told. We do inform potential customers and recipients when we can of the risks of taking a vial, but even with that… Contessa, the fedora wearing woman you want to kill, says who’ll be a threat. And we just don’t want to kill them.”

Taylor was horrified. Sarah simply nodded, and Emma had returned to eying Alexandria as if she was studying a threat who deserved her full attention and effort to remove.

“You relied on a shard that you knew was modified by the dead Entity.” Sarah stated flatly. “Are you insane?”

Alexandria paused for a moment. “... I honestly don’t know anymore. I, even with my memory, don’t know how I got here. But is there anything else you want?”

Taylor turned to look at the other two then back at the tired looking Protectorate member. “We’re going to discuss this with the others. I think we’ll contact you when we’re ready to take people to Yu-Shan or have come to a conclusion.”

Alexandria nodded. “I will be waiting, I think. And if a parahuman’s allowed, I’ve decided. The best person to go… is me.”

Sarah’s eyebrows shot upwards. “Why? I’d think you’d not want to take that risk.”

“It is my word that matters, my view of your statements and proofs, in the end. If I am convinced, Legend, even as angry as he is, will likely go with me, so will the others.” Alexandria nodded. “Or I will help you remove them. Victory is our goal, victory whatever the cost. For Defeat cannot be borne.”

Vote:
    [ ] Talk to the others before anything else
    [ ] To Yu-Shan!
    [ ] To the Start of School.
    [ ] Write In

4. thewhiteraven22

thewhiteraven22 (Unverified Worm fan)

[X] Talk to the others before anything else

MageOhki likes this.
  5. MageOhki

[X] To Yu-Shan!

Yeah, this is the winner.

6. MageOhki

Trying to find a new editor, since my usual one is starting a new job and it's kicking his fourth point of contact...

7. Threadmarks: Listening to People benefits everyone.
    MageOhki

Listening to People benefits everyone.

AN: Two side stories are sitting in the queue for the Editor Lord to hack at, or post. Have fun; this has been more or less planned since I actually asked for the first vote on Yu-shan.

AN2: Rex is over 18, and no, the slightly riquise actions were not intended sexually. If there is an issue for SB, will figure *something* out.

Late Morning, August 25th, 2009
    Monument Valley, Utah, US

The group of Exalts and one parahuman turned to look at the sound of a pair of bodies. Taylor just facepalmed as she held a bobcat kitten in her arms, the cat’s claws unable to tear though her leather jacket or thick jeans, while Emma was wearing shorts, boots and a long sleeved green pullover. Sarah was also dressed for hiking, but Alexandria broke the mold, wearing her costume.

“I don’t know why I just tripped,” Jessica Yamada semi apologized to Corsair as he stabilized the woman. “It keeps happening.” The Japanese woman ruefully smiled. “Though you seem not to be complaining.” She brushed off her light jacket and shorts, looking at her hiking boots suspiciously.

Corsair shook his head, comfortable in his jeans, boots and sweatshirt. “I’m a man, m’lady, and a Dragonblood on top of that. Having you fall, landing your chest on my face, is amusing. I’ll admit, catching your fall that time by wrapping your legs around my head? Well, bit embarrassing for you, I suppose.” His roguish grin indicated no complaints.

“At least I saved that robin... and the eaglet, and the bobcat kitten.” The psychologist shook her head.

Taylor was about to say something, in between her petting of the aforementioned kitten. But Alexandria broke in. “As amusing as this is, are you sure you’re alright?” The Protectorate brute landed and eyed the psychologist.

“I’m fine.” Jessica blew out a breath, and smiled. “I don’t know what’s been going on these last two days.”

Alexandria turned to look at Sarah, who simply shrugged. “I don’t know either. I haven’t had time to look at her fate, plus it’s easier to do it at the Loom.” The Sidereal peered at the therapist. “Could be worse.”

“How?” Taylor finally asked, as Emma was still snickering. “She’s all but molesting your brother, Sarah!”

“She could be molesting you?” The impish grin on Sarah’s face indicated her amusement at her brother getting a good-looking woman to fall all over him was immense.

Alexandria shook her head at Taylor’s slight horrified expression. “Teenagers. I don’t quite remember myself being this bad.”

Jessica shook her head as she took Corsair’s offered arm, to walk through the cave. “You were. I was. It’s just natural bickering between companions. This is healthy behavior, Alexandria.”

Alexandria shrugged and turned to Sarah. “Why did you insist we all climb this path and not fly up it? It would have spared two hours.”

Sarah sighed. “As I’ve been told, when Yu-shan connected to the earths, they created veils to disguise the Celestial Gates.” She looked around at the group to be sure that the group understood and received nods. “The only way to see the cave that this gate is in is to be able to see the Eye of the Sun.” She shrugged. “And the veil prevents that from the air.”

“Ah.” The parahuman sighed and gestured down the cave to a perceived cavern. “Then since we are here…”

“This way.” Sarah nodded and led the group down the cave. After a few moments, they arrived at a large cavern, and at the end was a stone circle standing proud with a stone fu-dog next to it. As the group paused, examining the structure across the cavern, the stone seemed to ripple, revealing a gold and silver disk, and the Lion’s fur became gold, his eyes blazing with an inner light as he began to pad forward. Sarah looked at the two non-Exalted and made it clear with a gesture that they were to wait there. Alexandria stopped still, her eyes taking everything into account as the Exalted stepped forward, clearly in some form of order with Taylor convinced to take the lead of the group.

Jessica slipped next to the parahuman and quietly spoke. “Wonderous isn’t it.” She looked up at the taller heroine. “That such things could exist, and myths and legends are true.”

Alexandria looked down at the psychologist. “Are we sure this isn’t just more parahuman powers?”

Jessica tilted her head. “Isn’t that what we are here for? To find out? Instead of relying on blind faith?”

“Yes,” Alexandria said, pausing for a moment. “You seem to have no doubts, Jessica.”

The psychologist sighed. “I was mostly raised by my very traditional grandmother, Alexandria. By the time I reached college, I only paid lip service…” She shook her head. “Part of me always wanted the myths she told us to be true. Let’s be honest, wouldn’t you want Amaerastu to smite, oh, the Siberian?”

“... I wouldn’t object, no.” Alexandria shook her head. “But that would be a fairy tale, wouldn’t it?”

The psychologist studied Alexandria. “And yet, fairy tales are based on myths. Myths and legends are based on history, too often, which are based on what happened. All filtered through individuals passing the information to future generations.”

Before Alexandria could reply, she saw the lion reach the Exalts, her sharp hearing picking up their conversation.

“Guardian of the Gate, be known unto my circle. Know my circle.” Sarah bowed, Alexandria’s eyes noting it was a bow of equals. The Vizier straightened and pointed at each exalt in order, giving their names and caste.

“I told you to call me Vigilant Ear, Oracle, and I was informed of who they are.” The Lion’s deep bass voice was amused. Turning to the others he bowed his head deeply and respectfully at Taylor. “Be Welcome to Yu-Shan, Lady Hebert, Priestess of the Unconquered Sun, Resplendent Sun.” Turning to Emma, he bowed as well.. “Be Welcome to Yu-Shan, Lady Barnes, Nightwitch and child of the Hidden Moon.” The Celestial Lion turned to look at Sarah. “I was informed there might be other Exalts, Heaven’s eye?” His question wasn’t really a question.

Sarah nodded at him. “And I told you to call me Sarah.” The Lion snorted. “The others have, well, jobs -- Need to eat and all that.” The Lion snorted again at that.

“They’re Exalts. Why would they need to work to earn their living? You all should be…” Sarah rolled her eyes at the statement and shook her head, stopping the Lion.

“That was then; this is now, Vigilant. Then may come again, but not today. We haven’t asserted our places to the point where we can only focus on our duties to heaven. Why do I have to go to school, of all things?” Sarah was clearly fishing for a reaction from the Lion, but Taylor interrupted the back and forth.

“... Isn’t it the law that we have to go to School, Sarah?” Taylor tilted her head. “Plus we need to do things like learn how to interact with people.”

The Lion looked down upon the Solar. “Did you make that law, Lawbringer?” Taylor shook her head, confused on why he’d ask. With a sigh, the Lion continued. “You are only bound by the laws you make for yourself and Heaven’s law as far as we can enforce it, Chosen. Mortals' law?” His disdainful chuff indicated what he thought of that.

Alexandria’s attention was drawn away from the conversation by Jessica’s soft words. “Maybe, Alexandria… you’ve been a parahuman too long. Maybe frozen as well, too long. Just maybe.”

“What do you mean?” Alexandria’s words were pitched only to reach Jessica, who was staring intently at chatting Exalts and the Lion. “I don’t think taking things on faith is a good idea.”

“You have heard of this prayer, I hope? ‘God, grant me the Serenity; To accept the things I cannot change: Courage to change the things I can; And Wisdom to know the difference.’” Jessica’s words triggered the rest of the prayer in Alexandria’s mind, and then she shook her head.

“And how do we know what we can and cannot change?” Alexandria spoke.

“Faith.” Jessica’s eyes were still looking at the Lion. “Letting yourself feel. Have you had faith since you gained your powers? Have you let yourself feel?”

Alexandria was shocked silent for a long moment. “Have I…” She tried to remember when she had abandoned her family’s faith. She knew when she stopped letting herself feel things. Legend was right, cold bloodedness was needed, wasn’t it?

“I don’t think so. I’ll just remind you of this. Children know the world is a wondrous place, filled with mysteries and dreams. They know this because of faith. Healthy adults remember that.”

“Are you saying I’m not healthy?” Alexandria replied, stung by the psychologist’s words.

“Are you? Do you still look at the world as a child would on occasion to remind yourself you don’t know everything, and there are still things to believe in?” Jessica turned and looked up at the heroine. “Or have you given up all faith and hope for a better future?”

Alexandria stood stock still as Jessica turned and walked towards the exalts. How … she dared to analyze her because it’s what the psychologist does. She tries to heal people, because… she believes people can be healed. That the world will be better. Alexandria envied the woman. She thought for a moment. Did she envy Jessica’s faith… or the serenity and will to change things for the better.

Or… Alexandria stepped forward, as she thought, following the woman who had unsettled her. Did she want what she was doing to matter to people, to be victorious? Or did she want someone else to at least help bear the burdens of fighting a nearly impossible battle? Or could it be she wanted to have faith that victory was possible. The black clad woman froze for a long second pondering that thought until she was interrupted by the giant Lion looking down on her.

“I know I’m impressive, but I thought this darkness-touched mortal would be made of sterner stuff. Why, it’s as if she was a godling I caught stealing.” The Celestial Lion stared down at her, and Alexandria’s eyes widened as she stared back. From head to toe, the Lion was made of bright and fiery gold, and she felt his presence as a stern hurricane of power and force, leashed to an iron will and obedience to law and order. This was a stern guardian and a being who would enforce the law. Maybe… Hero was right. Faith was needed: Faith that there were things she didn’t know, faith in that they would gain allies, faith that victory was possible.

Taking a deep breath, and realizing that she had to respond to the Lion’s statements. “Forgive me. You are quite impressive, but it was my companion’s words that caused me to think on some… things.”

“Ahh, that type of conversation.” The Lion nodded. “I’ve met her type before, I’m old enough to remember some Joybringers. She makes you think… and not just of what she wants you to.”

Alexandria’s smile was rueful. “But of what we need to.”

“Aye, can’t be content with yourself if you are avoiding yourself, no?” The Lion looked down and sniffed, his muzzle working in disgust.

“Is there a problem?” Alexandria was confident in herself, but she would rather not find out that the Lion could do what the other Exalted would do.

“You’re deepy tainted by darkness. If you weren’t vouched for, and in the presence of a Lawgiver, I’d kill you for being this close to Yu-Shan.” The Lion was blunt.

Alexandria looked at the Lion, seeing nothing but unshakeable conviction and faith in the beast’s blazing eyes. “Then why haven’t you …”

“Because my job is to guard the gates. My duty is to police Heaven. The gods have left Creation to mortals. As it has been ordered, so has it been done. We didn’t want to stunt your growth.” Alexandria’s expression was a study of realization.

“The gods had come to Earth didn’t they?” She received a nod. “... So why not now?”

“That I don’t know, but the Most High has answered humanity’s prayers. The Exalted are back. Your fate is in your hands again if you seize it, if you follow and listen to those who have the will to win.” The Lion turned and eyed the psychologist. “She has no problems with that concept, I can tell.”

Was that it? Was that the reason why Jessica was so calm? She knew what she could and couldn’t do, and used what she could do to help others to win?

“I… see.” The Lion turned his head for a moment, and eyed her.

“Maybe you do. Maybe you do.” The Lion’s head snapped back as bright blue light began to spill into the cavern from the Psychologist. “Yes, I’d say that the Yamada daughter does.

AN: Yes, you all voted on who’d be the next Siddie. If Tagg had been picked, he’d have been a Chosen of Battles. Hadn’t quite decided on the rest.

Vote:
    [ ] React to Jessica’s exaltation
    [ ] Shake it off, and head into Yu-Shan
    [ ] Look at Alexandria’s expression
    [ ] Write in.

Prince Charon, meloa789, Anor and 2 others like this.
  8. thewhiteraven22

[X] Look at Alexandria’s expression

MageOhki likes this.
  9. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] React to Jessica’s exaltation

MageOhki likes this.
  10. Threadmarks: Serenity sneaks up on people at times.
    MageOhki

Serenity sneaks up on people at times.

Taylor’s eyes widened and she turned to Sarah. “HOW?”

Sarah shrugged. “Sidereal. Should have remembered what I was told.” Taylor looked like she’d throttle the blond but was interrupted by the Celestial Lion.

“Yes, you should have, Vizier.” Vigilant stepped forward, eying the blue glowing woman. “Long time since I’ve seen a Vizier exalt. Long time indeed.”

Alexandria’s eyes narrowed. “How did she exalt? She didn’t do anything heroic or have some great revelation!”

“She’s a Sidereal.” The Lion turned to look at the heroine, as Jessica was clearly distracted by the light surrounding her. “They aren’t rewarded for heroic deeds, great thoughts, understanding of truths, the will to fight or similar. They are meant to be Sidereal.” He shrugged. “Or so I was told by a previous Sidereal long ago.”

Alexandria tilted her head. “I … gathered that exaltations were locked away, Vigilant. How would that work now?”

The Lion showed his fangs as he smiled. “I’m not informed of how they are picking their first hosts, Alexandria. Vizier?” He turned to Tattletale and raised an eyebrow.

“Uh…” The teenaged blond sighed. “In short, the Sidereal exaltations as I was informed are selecting people who were fated to do something major along their caste inclinations.” Sarah shrugged. “For me, I either kept or exposed a major secret or was collecting them to use for my allies.” She turned and eyed Jessica. “I’d figure she would be instrumental in trying to bring serenity to a lot of people.”

“Wait.” Taylor ran her right hand through her hair trying to remove the frustration. “Are you saying, that the exaltation eats the likely future you’d have?”

Sarah nodded. “In a way all exaltations do. You’re set on a path that you weren’t on before, irrevocably changing you, what you can do, and very likely what you will do.”

Taylor eyed Sarah. “But… you make it sound that Sidereal Exaltations look for those who’d be important… and do that.”

“... Yes, at least this cycle of Exaltations.” Sarah admitted. “Or so I was informed.”

The Lion watched the two talking exalts and shook his head. “So it goes. The Future is not set, young exalts.” He paused, making sure he had all their attention. “Glorious Bearer of Tales can and likely has checked her history on what she would have likely done as a mortal… and it’s up to her to do things better, now. That is the purpose of Exaltation.”

Alexandria eyed Jessica, then the blonde Sidereal, then the Lion. Before she could comment, Taylor looked at the Lion.

“... That’s why we’re being exalted.” Taylor nodded. “We were to be major players in the future that will not be now.” She turned to Sarah. “And our dreams of that hell, is because we will do it better, right?”

Sarah smiled. “We already are.” She let her smile grow to a foxy grin, then sobered. “But, I can tell you one of the issues the Loom has.”

Vigilant tilted his head as Alexandria broke in. “Issue with the Loom? Isn’t it a .. prediction engine for the future as you said?”

“It is.” Sarah nodded. “Problem is, parahuman powers throw it almost as much as essence users do. And no, we can’t see who will and won’t trigger. The shards are outside Fate.”

Vigilant summed up the situation, mirroring Alexandria’s own thoughts. “Well, that isn’t good, Oracle. Why, it’s almost as if we’re refighting the Primordial War. Could be worse, I suppose. Parahumans can be seen, correct?”

Sarah nodded. “And with two Viziers, we can start tag teaming the Loom so we both aren’t flying mostly blind.” Jessica looked up at that.

“I try to heal minds, Sarah. Not predict futures and move to remove threats.” Jessica shook her head. “I shouldn’t have…”

The Lion rumbled, cutting Sarah off. “The Great Maker’s creation picked you. The Maidens approved. You are fit to be one of Heaven’s Courtesans. Your job is to pick those who need Serenity, for whatever reason, and bring it to them. So Fate may be saved, and worlds aided. IF you so choose, that is.”

Jessica blinked. “If I so choose? You just said I was picked for this. I don’t get a choice, right?”

Taylor shook her head. “No, Miss Yamada. We are Exalted. We choose what we will do. I hope you’ll make the right choice, and work with us… but as I’ve been frequently told… it is your choice.

“She is right, Joybringer.” The Lion spoke “In the end, Exalted have the most priceless gift. They can choose whatever they want. They Defy everything when they so choose.” The great guardian smiled as he added. “Though one downside, I’ve been told, to being a Sidereal, is you get to fix when the Loom throws a fit over things happening that weren't supposed to happen.”

Jessica glared at the Lion. “I’m beginning to think this is not a blessing.

“It isn’t.” Taylor softly said. “While not a curse, I think… it’s an answer to prayers. And it’s up to us on how that answer is delivered. We are given the tools… it’s up to us to make the world better. Because that’s what people pray for, in the end.”

Jessica turned to look at the Solar, eyes softening slightly. A long moment, the blue starry eyed psychologist looked into the firm green gaze of the Solar. Finally she sighed. “As scary as it is… I want to at least give this a try.” She looked at Alexandria. “All I wanted was to help people. I saw so much trauma with the Kyushu refugees in high school, so I went into psychology to help them.” She blew out a breath. “Now I’m given power because… apparently I would have helped people. That is my choice… that won’t change. I am Jessica Yamada. That’s what I choose.”

“Well Said, my priestess. For that is how you bring serenity.” a voice broke in from the now opened portal. Rich, smooth, sensual and relaxing contralto washed over the gathered people. All eyes were drawn to the invitingly clad woman of unsurpassable beauty, with blue hair cascading down over her bare shoulders, and her blue eyes were smiling. “Come, Chosen. Yu-Shan awaits. I thought I’d come and personally collect my priestess.”

Vote:
    [ ] Go with Venus
    [ ] Protest and argue with Venus
    [ ] FIGHT Venus
    [ ] Write in!

Prince Charon, Krule, Anor and 3 others like this.
  11. thewhiteraven22

[X] Go with Venus

Because why not?

MageOhki likes this.
  12. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] Go with Venus

Let's not try and fight the Fate of Love.

MageOhki likes this.
  13. MageOhki

[x] Go with Venus

Winner.

14. Threadmarks: Reflections of Reality sometimes are weird.
    MageOhki

Reflections of Reality sometimes are weird.

AN: Alas, as noted, the write-ins didn’t win. Oh, well. I still used the line, it was *nice*. Better edited version likely to be posted when editor is done

Everyone looking upon the blue haired woman was struck by her beauty and more importantly her serenity. Sarah was the first to shake herself free of the spell of her presence that was laid upon the group.

“Ugh.” Sarah glared at the Maiden of Serenity. “Do you really have to come on that strong Venus-sama?”

Venus tilted her head with a small smile. “Did not my elder sister explain why we act?”

“... if you say samsara means you have to… I’m going to have to say I don’t quite buy that.” Sarah crossed her arms.

Venus’ smile grew slightly, attracting looks. “Perhaps. But it is who I am.” She turned to the rest of the group and with her next words broke the spell. “I am here, I will escort you all.”

Taylor was the first to speak, a bit awe struck. “Are you … the Roman Venus? The Planet? The Greek Aphrodite?” Sarah facepalmed in response, while the rest turned to Taylor with a bemused look in their eyes. Venus’ smile didn’t change.

“Yes to all. I am also Guan Yi, and Ishtar. I supervise and command more.” She nodded. “But first, young Lawgiver… I am the Maiden of Serenity and I bring all together as they should.”

Taylor tilted her head and nodded. “And you’re here to do that? Isn’t that my job?”

The goddess’ radiance grew if at all possible “You may say that… but as the young Oracle will tell you… how and who, are the parts that remain part of Fate.”

Alexandria marshaled her strength, and spoke. “As that may be, however, I believe you wish to escort us into Yu-Shan?”

Venus nodded once, and gestured at the gate. “Yes.”

The Lion nodded. “Be welcome to Yu-Shan, Viziers, Lawgiver and and guests. It has been too long since a Lawgiver has walked these streets, Priestess of the Sun, or a Lunar, Nightwitch.” He paused. “Rebecca Costa-Brown? Be careful, you are only allowed in on the tolerance of the Unconquered Sun, and step out of line, you will be destroyed.” He stepped aside, and Venus stepped through the Gate.

Sarah smiled and nodded. “This is going to be a blast. C’mon.” She put action to words, and stepped though. Taylor looked at Emma as Corsair and then Alexandria followed the Vizier.

“Well.” Taylor followed herself, only to ram into a unyielding black wall of heroine before she could see, and then was squished by Emma running into her. “Ow!”

The heroine moved forward after a moment, and Taylor felt Emma step to her side. An endless vista of buildings sheathed in fiery gold, brilliant jade and shining silver. Fiery and Shimmering Skyscrapers of the classic style, reminding all of the lost Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building reaching for the clouds, while pillars flanked open and warm doors. Jade Brownstones squished between the skyscrapers made homes for the residents while several Colonial buildings looked down from the hills that Taylor could see. Further, the eye was drawn to several rainbow-sheathed plantation houses surrounded by brilliant white trees. Last but not least was the various pure white jade statues and sculptures of myths, legends and historical figures. Cable cars ran across the wide streets mixed with classic cars in brilliant metals. One red jade cherry bomb corvette pulled up to a gleaming plantium and red jade block diner from a movie that had hologlyphs in a gleaming neon glow spelling out Donny’s.

Emma broke the spell that all but Sarah and Corsair were in. “Wow. Just… wow.”

“Follow me.” Venus’ sensual voice called, and while still looking around in amazement, the group followed Sarah and Reggie who were following the Goddess. Venus stopped and turned to look at the group.

“We need to make a quick stop first.” The Incarnate was slightly glowing. “After the trip you have undergone, a moment to freshen up and change into proper outfits would be wise.” Her tone brooked no disobedience.

“Of course, Lady Venus.” Sarah didn’t disagree.

“Uh…” Taylor started but was quelled by a look from Venus, who then turned and led the way to a set of doors with a glowing display in what Taylor knew was Old Realm. ‘Traveler’s Rest’ floated above the doors in pure white light, and over the heads of the party as they walked though. Inside the doors were gold, silver and platinum pillars, pure leather couches and chairs, and to the left a bar with silver announcements and made of black jade, with what Taylor would claim was a hybrid of Tyrannosaurus Rex and a man dressed as a bartender from the 20’s. Finally, at the end of the grand hall, was a counter with a very exotic red skinned person behind it. The counter itself was white jade, while the various accourments were made of fiery gold. The Concierge’s eyes widened as the Maiden walked towards him.

Alexandria leaned over to Sarah, and quietly stated. “It appears they’re fans of movies, aren’t they?”

Sarah shook her head. “Not… quite. Hard to explain. Will try en route to the Bureaus.”

As the group followed Venus, the being called out as he deeply bowed. “Lady Venus, welcome to our humble abode.” The male was about to straighten, then saw Taylor and the rest. “Resplendent Sun, Child of the Hidden Moon, Heaven’s Courtesan, and Heaven’s Eyes. Be welcome to the Rest.” He straightened after greeting them all.

“Thank you, Seeking Rest in Comfort.” The Goddess nodded at him, taking a coin out of her bosom. “I presume this will cover the use of a suite for a brief period of time?” She placed the dull, yet rainbow reflecting coin on the counter and pushed it across. The Concierge inhaled and nodded.

“Of course.” He pressed a button and a ting sound was heard, and two men with feathers in their hair and black classic hotel uniforms and bellhop caps appeared. With a nod at them,Seeking Rest instructed them. “Please escort Lady Venus, the Chosen and their… guests to the Incarnate suite, please.” The pair nodded and gestured, looking for luggage, and gathering the backpacks the group had.

Shortly, they were in an elevator with a folding green jade grate door, and headed upwards. Taylor had to ask. “Sarah… is it me, or is Alexandria right? This is like being in a movie… well if they were channeling a fantasy vibe. Bit overwhelming.”

Venus raised an eyebrow unseen, but didn’t answer, letting the Vizier answer the bemused and somewhat overwhelmed people’s questions and thoughts. Sarah didn’t outwardly show any irritation, but sighed.

“Okay. As it was explained to me…” The Oracle ran a hand through her blonde hair as her fellow Sidereal looked at her, and the rest of the party who had never been to Yu-Shan listened. “Yu-Shan… at best is 50 or so years behind what’s being built on most of the Earths. There’s exceptions, mind you, but Yu-Shan is slow to change.” Venus smiled a bit at that as Sarah pointedly didn’t look at her. “As was also explained to me? All the bling? Pretty much because it’s first, easy to do, and second, how most gods show off.” A slight nod of blue hair indicated Tattletale was more or less correct.

Taylor tilted her head, and asked what was on her mind. “How?”

“Ambrosia or Quintessence, Resplendent Sun.” Venus spoke for Sarah. “Prayer made manifest. Any god can shape it into any material you can find on earth with some effort. While we do not get as much prayer as we used to, certain rituals, domains and other things which should.” With this the Goddess looked at Sarah, who nodded in rapid confirmation, to Venus’ slight smile. “Should be in your manuals that generate more than enough Quintessence to use. Ambrosia… a bit rarer, given it’s directly created by prayer.”

Alexandria eyed Venus. “And that’s one reason you are now sending the Exalted. To generate that, or more of it.”

Venus just smiled as Sarah sighed. Before any reply could be made, they had reached the top floor, and the bellhop opened the cage, which triggered the main elevator door.

Taylor sighed as she saw the gold, silver, platinum and other precious metals. The lights were made of jewels, reflecting glorious rainbow light around, while the furniture was of the finest wood Taylor had ever seen with brilliant blue fine silk cushioning with stars laced throughout the cloth. Finally on the pure crystal table, was a diamond and sapphire encrusted classic English Tea set, with a small lacquered box next to it.

“Would My Lady and Chosen like some refreshment?” The older seeming feathered bellhop asked.

“We would. And surprise them.” Venus’ smile grew impish.

One Bellhop went to a small table that had a notepad on it, and wrote down something, folding it up, and placing it in a cleverly disguised tube, sending it down. Turning to the guests, he bowed. “It should be ready shortly, My Ladies and Lords.” The second bellhop placed each bag in a separate bedroom, and Alexandria’s eyebrow rose as she guessed her bag was placed in the servant’s room.

“Excellent.” The impish smile remained, as Venus removed two smaller dull steel coins, that caught the lights and reflected rainbows, handing one to each bellhop. Both bowed, and clicked their heels.

“The refreshments and an attendant to make the tea will arrive shortly, Honored Guests.” The apparent leader of the bellhops spoke, and then both bowed again, and departed.

Jessica spoke for the group. “Forgive me, but…”

“You think this is too much.” Venus’ impish grin turned into a smirk. “No, it is not. You are the first of my Chosen to be seen in Yu-Shan in countless years. Taylor is the first Solar, in the same time. You will grow accustomed to your station.” She looked around slightly amused, as the group except for Sarah and Corsair boggled. “But it will be enough to take a brief meal and clean up after your climb. Then we will travel to the Plaza of Meetings.”

Before anyone else could speak, the elevator opened again, and a large elegant silver cart rolled in, followed by three slim black-haired women, with black feathers in their hair, wearing classical maid outfits. “My ladies and Lords?” The maid pushing the cart spoke, drawing attention at the immense number of covered dishes, seemingly more than should have fit on the cart as one maid went to the tea set and began preparing tea.

Venus nodded, and turned to the group. “I will return shortly, with clothing suited for Yu-Shan.” With that, her blue ribbons swarmed around her and she, in a burst of cerulean light, disappeared.

Vote
    [ ] Gloss over the meal, bathing, straight to Venus’ return.
    [ ] Linger on the sensations of the meal
    [ ] Pester Sarah about Yu-Shan
    [ ] Write In

15. thewhiteraven22

[X] Pester Sarah about Yu-Shan

MageOhki likes this.
  16. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] Linger on the sensations of the meal

MageOhki likes this.
  17. MageOhki

Vote Closed: Pester Sarah about Yu-Shan is the winner.

18. Threadmarks: Realizing your advisor is not as well informed as she presents.
    MageOhki

Realizing your advisor is not as well informed as she presents.

Taylor turned to Sarah as the Sidereal hummed, looking at the displayed buffet of food. “Huh. This god must be into American food.” Hamburgers, french fries, pizzas brimming with toppings, and hot dogs were piled up.

Emma tilted her head. “How are we going to eat this all?” She shook her head. “I mean, yes, we eat more now, but still…”

Taylor shook her head as Sarah’s brother started eating a hot dog. “... is this normal for Yu-shan?”

“This amount of food? Yeah. Quinessence is easy to come by really.” The Sidereal shrugged and prepared a hamburger for herself.

Taylor sighed, poured the dark fizzy drink, and sipped at it. Her eyes widened and she made a pleased sound. She had just had the perfect cherry coke. “This is… perfect.

“Good, isn’t it? Every time I’ve gotten food in Yu-shan it’s the best.” Reggie shrugged. “Though it’ll spoil you for anything else… until you learn to cook for yourself.”

Taylor nodded as she and Emma, along with the others, started eating. After a few minutes and pleased sounds from the first time visitors to Yu-shan, Taylor had cleared her mouth enough to ask. “So… why is Yu-shan like… America from various movies?”

Sarah swallowed a bit of her food, then sipped at her coke. Finally she answered Taylor’s question. “Eh, this section is, at least. The area where we’ll meet the Incarane isn’t like this.” She shrugged.

“And other areas?” Emma inquired, also curious.

Reggie snickered as his sister turned to him with a glare. Reggie just raised an eyebrow as even Jessica joined in on the look while Alexandria was clearly trying to compel answers while on her third burger.

Sarah sighed and answered. “Honestly? I don’t know. While I know stuff about Yu-shan…” She thought about it as she started scarfing down another hot dog. Finishing this one, she nodded as she finished off her glass of soda. “Right. We…” She waved at Reggie to include him. “Spent about 8 weeks here. Almost all that time was pounding in how to use what we have, training us, throwing all the information on what we are, what we’re supposed to be doing, and all that.” She sighed. “Really, until right before you… remember how when Sifu blessed you, your head felt stuffed?” Taylor and Emma nodded. “Plus as he pounded you into the ground?”

“... 9 weeks of that?” Emma asked, horrified. “I’m still sorting though everything, and half the time I don’t know what I’m reacting to or really doing. It’s all instinct and half remembered… and gods, I still don’t know how I managed to pass the Arcadia tests this time; I’d have sworn I didn’t know half the answers.”

Sarah nodded as she made like a chipmunk with a small pile of french fries. Swallowing, she stated, “Yeah; imagine feeling that way for a good three months beyond. Really not fun.”

Alexandria sipped at the coffee, her eyebrows raised and a smile crossing her face as she sipped again and made a soft sound of pleased enjoyment. Finally she looked at the Oracle. “So… you were supposed to aviise them… and you don’t know enough to do so?”

Sarah looked back at the flying brick and shook her head. “Look, Yu-shan trained me as if we were back in the Primordial war era. Yes, I should have more information. Yes, I really am new at this. But I’m the only one they had, and so, they force fed me knowledge 'til I would burst… or so it felt like, and, well, feeling that stuffed lasted a long time.” Alexandria just raised an eyebrow.

“... so what do you know about Yu-Shan?” Taylor interrupted.

Sarah rolled her eyes. “It’s the home of the gods. It’s where even we have to be careful, because unless you’re a Sidereal or an Eclipse, you’re limited in where you’re allowed to go, though I doubt they’d try to kill you or Emma, Taytay.” Sarah shrugged. “Even if you are a Sidereal…” She looked at Jessica. “There’s places we’re not allowed to go. I mostly learned what you have in those primers, plus training on how to be a good little Vizier.”

Taylor hummed. “So… what you’re saying is, we shouldn’t go exploring?”

“Not without permission or in the company of someone that has the authority. Laws exist for a reason, and we’re still technically not gods. This is their home.” Sarah shrugged. “Not to mention… politics.
    Jessica tilted her head. “I’d expect that of the Celestial Bureaucracy.” She paused and looked at her senior Sidereal. “What specific politics?”

Sarah blew out a breath. “The gods, by and large, are happy with the Incarna loosening the restrictions on contacting the Earths. They want jobs and the Quintessence that comes with them. They are also as Alexandria surmised…” The Oracle nodded at the heroine. “After prayer, for the Ambrosia, aka concentrated prayer.”

“But…” Alexandria quirked an eyebrow. “Let me guess, they’re not as fond of the Exalted being back.”

Sarah nodded. “It really depends on the type of Exalt. Taylor, and to most, Emma shouldn’t have many problems, nor enemies. The Most High personally picking her as his priestess?” Sarah snorted. “Emma basks in that.” She then sighed. “But then you have the Sidereals and the Dragonbloods… even a hundred thousand years isn’t enough to forgive or forget. Too many of the older gods remember Creation and what all the Exalted got up to.”

“Ah.” Jessica responded. “So we bear the sins of our predecessors, and the Solars and the Lunars have the least?”

Sarah waggled her hand. “Yes and no. It’s a history lesson, which you’ll need to learn. But… in short, the Dragonblood overthrew the divine order in Creation, egged on by our predecessors.” She looked Jessica in the eyes. “It doesn’t help we’re explicitly given charms to kill gods and make starmetal out of them.”

Taylor shook her head. “But, you wouldn’t.”

Sarah snorted.“I haven’t yet, but it might be needed. If gods break the Most High’s laws?”

Taylor began to speak, then nodded reluctantly.

Alexandria moved the discussion back to Yu-Shan. “So… why does this part look, as Taylor said, like parts of America fantasized and lifted from fantastic movies?”

“Because this is one of two Yu-shan gates in America? The areas around the gates tend to resemble their connected areas, at least, or so I’m told… because the gods are trying to reflect what they’re the gods of, just with godly power and effectively no limits.” The Vizier turned to the food and shook her head. “I know we ate a lot… but Lady Venus will be back… and she gave instructions. I'd rather not disobey an Incarna.” Everyone nodded. Emma paused, snached up a cookie, and began to nibble as she headed to the room with her and Taylor’s bag.

“Say, Tay… think we could talk this cook into being our own? I could eat this food all day long…”

Taylor facepalmed as she walked. “Didn’t you say we had to watch our weight?”

“Exalted~~” Emma’s toothy grin was heard.

Vote:
    [ ] Skip to the Plaza of Meetings
    [ ] Venus returns after bathing!
    [ ] More pestering of Sarah for politics and history.
    [ ] Write In.

19. thewhiteraven22

[X]More pestering of Sarah for politics and history.

MageOhki likes this.
  20. gale

gale Experienced.

[x] Venus returns after bathing!

MageOhki likes this.
  21. MageOhki

Vote Closed: Venus returns is the winner

22. Threadmarks: When you are an Incarnate, Exalts are dress up dolls…
    MageOhki

When you are an Incarnate, Exalts are dress up dolls…

“These are great,” Emma gushed as she snuggled into the thick cloth robe she was wearing.

Taylor didn’t roll her eyes at further proof that Emma was enjoying Yu-shan, though she admitted the robes were great. Part of her was tempted to steal one. “The food was great, too. Think I ate too much…”

Sarah snorted. “We’re exalted. We don’t usually gain weight. And given we’re growing rapidly, even for teenagers?” The blonde shrugged.

“You keep saying that…” Taylor sighed. “Why?” She didn't look at Emma’s chest, or the blonde’s own, nor did she look at her own, feeling plain next to the two maturing bombshells.

Sarah shook her head, knowing what the younger Solar was thinking. “It’s because our Exaltations are pushing us to be optimized. And fast. Call it 2 or 3 more months of this level of eating as our bodies, well yours -- I’m almost done, I think -- become the exalted version of Captain America.” She tilted her head. “Maybe less.”

“We never did get a straight answer about that, did we?” Reggie hummed. “Though Jessica will appreciate being 21 again.”

The psychologist mentioned by the Dragonblood looked at him, a bit aghast. “I’m going to become younger?” Alexandria raised her eyebrows.

“Exaltations tend to put you, if older when you exalt, initially at your physical peak as soon as your body can handle it, though you will grow older after a period depending on your exaltation,” Reggie quietly said. “Since you have 5000 years… it will be very graceful aging.”

Jessica stared at the Dragonblood, and Alexandria interrupted the discussion, not wanting the others to discuss aging. “Is everything in Yu shan this… excellent?” the black clad parahuman asked.

Sarah nodded. “Yes. The gods who do crafting and convert Ambrosia or Quintessence into what have you, have had millennia of practicing their crafts. It won’t surprise me if Taylor is bribed with fine items.”

“What?” Taylor stared at the blonde. “Why?”

“Yes… why Taylor, not you, or Miss Barnes?” Alexandria inquired as well.

Sarah sighed. “Because, bluntly? There are a lot of gods who want slots that Taylor can influence. She is a Solar, the Most High has confirmed the Creation Ruling Mandate is as it was, meaning she can make suggestions for a lot of positions Celestial Gods are going to be vying over. And as the only recognized priestess of the Most High…”

“... Politics. The Chinese were right,” Alexandria dryly stated.

The seductive and sensual voice of Venus broke in the discussion. “Yes, they were.” Everyone turned and looked at the cerulean-haired lush goddess, which caused Taylor and Emma to blush as she was only loosely wrapped in ribbons.

Alexandria noted carefully stacked boxes behind the goddess, but before she could say anything, Venus continued. “Now, as you are meeting the Most High and the Ever Changing, it is only proper that you wear clothing that is suited to both the situation and yourselves. Since there is a crisis situation, what you would wear to battle is always acceptable.” Venus handed each person a box. “Now, I do believe you have a meeting to attend?”

The hint was taken, and shortly everyone except Taylor was back. Emma was preening in an off-the-shoulder white bodysuit and leggings that had silver cheetah spots on it, along with Luna’s symbol split by a plunging neckline. The white, 3-inch-heeled goth boots with silver accourments finished the outfit, though having put a white duster with similar silver accourments on a chair indicated the outfit was prepared for Brockton bay.

The two Sidereals were wearing matching black catsuits with calvary boots. Along the sides were stripes, and on their chest was the symbol of their patron. Sarah’s was in the Green of Jupiter, while Jessica was in the cerulean blue of Venus… and tighter fitting, as well. Reggie Livsey, Corsair, was clad in his usual French highwayman outfit, though his cap and tricorn were now a deep dark blue, like the ocean at night. Alexandria was clad in her usual cape outfit.

“I see Yu-shan acquired Dragons’ fabrics,” Reggie dryly spoke. “It's useful.”

Emma looked at Reggie. “This is armored cloth?” She brightened, and dashed to drag Taylor out. Venus smiled amused by the reactions. Emma’s enjoyment, Sarah and Reggie’s blaséattitude, Jessica’s slight embarrassment, and Alexandria’s bemusement. Taylor’s face showed her reaction as she was being dragged out by Emma.

“Why are these … like this?” Taylor tried to pull the sleeveless collared white bodysuit slightly off her skin, while she was also in white leggings, and matching goth boots. Instead of cheetah spots or silver, she had Sol Invitus’ symbol on her chest, flanked by a pair of golden wings wrapping around her from her shoulders and gold vertical stripes running down her arms and legs.

Venus eyed the outfit and nodded. “Because you are Exalted. Because everything about you is a potential weapon, both on the battlefield and in the courts. You should maximize everything to impress. These are armored, and will fit equally well on the battlefield and in gatherings where you seek to influence and convince people.”

“But…” Taylor was cut off by a raised finger from the goddess.

“Yes, you are exalted, not capes.” The goddess’ words clearly indicated she understood what Taylor was about to say. “But the perception of mortals shape how you will be taken. What Exalted wore before would terrify and otherwise cause mortals to fear you. These outfits will make them think of heroes.” She raised an eyebrow at Alexandria.

“Lady Venus isn’t wrong. Even colors matter.” The black-clad parahuman’s lips raised upward a small amount. “Unless you want to present an image of terror and mayhem… these will work well.”

Taylor quickly put on the duster, hiding the bare arms and tighter than she’d like bodysuit. “Fine, fine… Why this? I don’t have the body for it. Emma… Aunt Zoe, Mom, sure… me, I’m just the plain girl.”

Venus turned to look at Sarah and Jessica, her eyebrow raised. Both Sidereals got the message loud and clear.

Sarah turned to Taylor. “We’ll talk about it later.” She turned to Venus. “With your permission?”

“Granted; I will escort you to the canal.” The Goddess nodded.

Vote:
    [ ] Directly to the Plaza of Meetings
    [ ] Covering the trip to the Plaza of Meetings.
    [ ] Taylor runs away to get changed into something less… form fitting!
    [ ] Write In.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  23. thewhiteraven22

[X] Covering the trip to the Plaza of Meetings.

And away we go!

MageOhki likes this.
  24. MageOhki

[X] Directly to the Plaza of Meetings
    Is the winner

25. MageOhki

Being Formally Presented to Your Bosses.

AN: Finally!

Taylor fidgeted with the collar of her outfit, looking wildly uncomfortable as Sarah swatted her hand. “No! Bad! Stop fidgeting and looking for escape!”

Taylor gave Sarah a look of defiance as the Sidereal produced a squirt bottle and spritzed her in the face. “Bad Solar! Embrace Fashion!”

Taylor glared at the Sidereal. “How did you even find a squirt bottle here?”

“Socarethet, Goddess of punishing naughty kittens,” Sarah said as though that answered everything while Emma hung over the edge of the boat, barely able to breathe from the laughter.

Sarah turned and began squirting Emma, who almost yowled in protest to the amusement of the others.

Jessica rolled her eyes and shook her head. “We’re expected somewhere, aren’t we?” Sarah nodded and smiled.

“You first, almighty Lawgiver. You are the senior here. Remember, Alexandria, you need to be last and always behind us.” Alexandria glared at the Sidereal who seemed unphased by it.

Taylor looked at Sarah with a glare, wiping her face as they stepped out of the boat. “... we didn’t see much of Yu-shan.”

“Eh. The Gold canals are fast. ” Sarah shrugged. “They’re meant to be. We aren’t pressed for time; we shouldn’t dawdle and we could get lost in Yu-Shan, for the rest of our long lives. And while Venus could have taken us here, she chose not to.”

Alexandria spoke up. “Why?”

“Who knows?” Sarah shrugged. “Besides Lady Venus, of course. She does what she does, and let’s just say we’re not at the point we can gainsay her. Even if we were… using her as a taxi service would be a bad idea. Though, do obey her instructions about remaining at the back of the group unless explicitly called for.”

Jessica tilted her head. “Why would Venus insist on that? It makes it sound like Alexandria is a second class citizen.” The psychologist sounded bemused and a bit annoyed by that.

Taylor mused out loud, as Alexandria just watched and looked around, “Is it because she’s not Exalted?”

“More like a barely tolerated mortal with a kill order on her head, only spared by order of those who issue kill orders,” Sarah said coldly. “Alexandria is a parahuman. All parahumans, until their shards are destroyed, are considered creatures of darkness.

The exalts went silent as Alexandria noted the looks from various beings who were looking upon the party. Most gods did not hide their expressions and they were easily interpreted, even the most oddly shaped or coloured seemed human, though Tattletale warned her about using human body language and expressions as a guideline.

Alexandria stepped close to Reggie and waved at the Celestial Exalts in front of them. “... why do most of the … gods…” Alexandria used the last word somewhat reluctantly, but continued. “Seem to dislike you? And are somewhat afraid of Jessica and your sister? Or despise them and you? While… as for Taylor…”

“The range varies, same with Emma?” Reggie replied quietly. “Sidereals are heaven’s executioners of gods. A fair bit of the Celestial gods remember the Usurpation of the Solar Deliberative, and consider even us, the distant heirs of the Sidereals and Dragonbloods, still guilty of that. As for Taylor and Emma? Taylor is a Lawgiver. She is a Zenith on top of that. Some don’t want any Celestial Exalts back, including us Sidereals, some are worried that she’ll go against them, others plan to use her. Politics as usual. Celestial Exalts stand shoulder to shoulder with the gods, in real terms.”

“Oh…” Alexandria pondered that. “So, they are planning to regain worship from humans?”

The Dragonblood shrugged. “Yes, Some of them for sure. Others, not as much, but they’ll not turn down Ambrosia.”

“I’m not sure letting them…” The parahuman was cut off by Reggie’s hand and his words.

“You misunderstand the problem, Alexandria. The Gods are far more powerful than most parahumans as is. They can withstand massive assaults from even top of the line militaries. The only reason we don’t have gods everywhere demanding worship and requiring it, by force, is that Sol Invictus does not want the gods directly interfering. He has, however, stated that once the Exalted are fully established, the Celestial order will be restored. If you have a problem with that… take it up with him.

Alexandria was shocked silent by the extent of the power that Tattletale stated the Gods had. Her face became frozen as she realized that one of the points that Calduron was careful to not let people know, specifically that normal human beings could pull down any parahuman, even her, wasn’t true with the Gods. The parahuman had come to Yu-Shan seeking verification that Yu-shan wasn’t another Entity’s trap and that they would be good allies or at least their Exalted would be, but not she wasn’t sure it was a good idea anymore, but she had promised to reserve judgment and turned to look at Taylor who backed off from trying to close her duster as Sarah raised the squirt bottle again.

“We’re supposed to and are going to deal with that, the Gods seeking to interfere, regain worship, new jobs, all that.” Sarah commented. “But game faces.” Taylor and Emma did their best and Alexandria was amused by their clear inexperience in diplomacy and social environments that allowed her or any expert in cold reading to easily read their thoughts and emotions.

A loud and clear voice rang out though the Plaza all the way to the chairs where a 4 armed man radiating Perfection was sitting, though his perfection oddly perfectly merged with his T-shirt and jeans. Next to him on the right was a young silver haired… man, or at least someone presenting as one, wearing a silver duster over a white shirt and black slacks.

“BE KNOWN UNTO SOL INVICTUS AND YU-SHAN, LAWGIVER AND PRIESTESS, TAYLOR HEBERT, THE GLORIOUS LITTLE OWL.” A pause. “BE KNOWN UNTO THE MOST HIGH AND HIS COURT, CHILD OF THE HIDDEN MOON, EMMA BARNES, THE SILVER CHEETER.” The snickers that escaped the group caused Emma’s eye to twitch, and a slight growl escaping her lips.

“BE KNOWN UNTO SOL INVICTUS AND THE INCARNAE, ORACLE, SARAH LIVSEY, THE GLORIOUS TALE-BEARER.” There was another pause before the voice rang out again. “BE KNOWN UNTO THE MASTER OF YU-SHAN AND GRANTER OF THE CREATION RULING MANDATE AND HIS ALLIES, JESSICA YAMADA, JOYBRINGER, THE SOOTHER OF SOULS,” the voice finished.

“BE KNOWN UNTO SOL INVICTUS AND THE INCARNAE, THE HONORED CHOSEN WARRIORS OF THE HOST, THE DRAGON-BLOODS IN ESCORT TO THE CELESTIAL HOST.”

“Not as important are we?” Corsair looked more amused than anything.

“AND GUEST.”

Alexandria bristled at being so utterly dismissed by someone.

Vote: Whose point of view the next snippet is:
    [ ] Taylor
    [ ] Sol Invictus
    [ ] Luna
    [ ] Alexandria
    [ ] Write In.

AN: Yes, Alexandria might be all that for the PRT and Protectorate, but as far as Yu-Shan’s concerned, she’s a mortal who willingly drank of the enemy. She’s not worth much on the grand scale.

26. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] Luna

Luna is Luna, But mmm MageOhki are the Yozi a option with this vote?

MageOhki likes this.
  27. MageOhki

28. thewhiteraven22

[X]Sol Invictus

Let's see how the big man himself is seeing this.

29. MageOhki

[X]Sol Invictus

With all the votes tallied, above is the winner.

Should take some thinking.

30. Threadmarks: When you are the Boss, you set the rules.
    MageOhki

When you are the Boss, you set the rules.

AN: No idea if this is going to work honestly, and I hope to be back to my normal 72 hour cycle after this.

Sol watched as Taylor knelt, fist to the ground, head bowed to him, and Emma followed suit, just towards Luna. He noted that the two Sidereals did formal bows, as well as the Dragonblood, though a smile crossed his face as the tainted mortal did a curtsy, and held it. Stepping forward, he let his smile grow as he put his right lower hand on Taylor’s shoulder. Luna followed suit, though she pulled Emma’s chin up.

“You are all known unto us, the Incarnate.” His deep voice rang out with warmth and sincerity. “Rise, my priestess and Chosen.” Luna skipped the words and just pulled Emma up. “Our Chosen do not need to bow to us.” His smile widened at Taylor’s wide-eyed look. “Come, we have much to discuss.” He gestured as Luna led Emma, and by extension, the rest. He was carefully studying the so-called parahuman in a manner he was sure she wouldn’t realize.

He smiled as Taylor asked him a question about Yu-shan. “Yes, Resplendent Sun, Yu-shan spoils people. And is addictive to those unused to finery.” He shook his head slightly. “But that is not what we must discuss, is it… Rebecca Costa-Brown.”

He watched as the named woman flinched slightly, his words burning into her. “Yes… Most High.” It sounded to his ears that she was reluctantly calling him by one of his many titles. He didn’t rebuke her, nor did he say anything more as they entered a building. Shortly, with questions from the young exalts, they were at an office, which he gestured them into.

Sitting down, with Luna shifting into a sexy secretary in black and silver, pulling out an emery board, and filing her nails as she perched on a corner of his desk, Sol had to grin. “Be seated.” He gestured at sinfully comfortable chairs. Waiting a moment, he put his upper pair of hands together, steeping the topmost pair just under his eyes and let the lower pair rest on the desk. It was clear he was not hiding anything from anyone.

He looked at Rebecca for a long moment with a serious expression on his face. He shook his head once and spoke in a soft yet booming tone. “I changed your fate, Costa-Brown. You were to die in just under 2 years.” Luna nodded in support. “But I wonder… Do you see that as a blessing?”

Alexandria was shocked silent, her expression clearly indicating she didn’t believe him. She opened her mouth to speak, then stared into his eyes… and slowly closed it.

“You understand. What Skitter would have done to you, for your actions towards her? Would have been just. And only finishing what you had done to yourself.” Sol’s eyes seemed sad as he bored into the parahuman.

The woman clearly was trying to gather herself, and Sol let her for a moment. Luna had speared the rest of the Exalts with a glance to remain silent then turned to the heroine. “You fought, yes. You desperately want to prevent what we know is coming. You are willing… no, eager, even to pay any cost. But.”

“But… what?” Rebecca finally asked after a moment.

Sol picked up the question and answered it. “You had already surrendered everything that mattered. Your honor. Your generosity. Your very humanity, on an altar. I respect that. I do. I don’t respect that you forgot why you surrendered it all.”

“... I am trying…” Alexandria rallied a bit, but was cut off by Luna.

“To save all the Earths, humanity, et al.” Luna sniffed. “By either creating enough parahumans to overwhelm the gifter of those powers, or… by a Silver Bullet.”

Alexandria nodded jerkely, trying to fight the aura of power that was pressing down on her.

“The worst part about this, Rebecca.” Sol’s voice was gentle. “Cauldron, in its basic objective… succeeded, not just once, but twice. You had, and now have your silver bullet, via parahuman powers.” Sol shook his head. “Of course, We have put our Exalted onto the field. I find them a better option to fight against the inevitable, and to kill the unkillable. They’ve done it before.” He leaned forward and bored into her eyes. “What say you?”

Alexandria for a long moment paused, and then rose, leaning forward to smash her fists. “WHO? Who had the powers, or has them?” Her fury was clear.

Luna spoke up, amused by the fury in the woman in front of her, not at all worried. “Hero, your friend. A young girl by the name of Lily, in New York City.”

“... Impossible.” Alexandria ground out. “We know what Hero could do, and we know…”

“Doctor Mother has been marked for death by the laws of Yu-Shan.” Luna’s voice was calm. “She lied to you. She didn’t bother understanding the powers and the Warrior. She doesn’t believe you can win.”

Alexandria stopped. Her expression was cycling and clearly unable to fully process what she heard. After a long moment, she shifted tacks visibly to the two gods. “How can I trust a word you say? How do I know you aren’t another Entity who is using all this as illusion, to fake being on our side, and after we kill Scion, you will just take their shards and carry on with the same plan Scion and Eden had?

Sol Invictus stood, shedding his casual clothing in a flash of light, appearing in his armor, with his spear, his horn, his laurels and his shield in hand. “I am Sol Invictus, the Most HIgh, the One who was made to be Perfect.” He paused. “I have often suppressed that aspect of myself. But… trust what your heart and soul is telling you. I tell you once, I tell you twice, I tell you three times, Rebeccal, if I wanted to rule over humanity, or destroy it, I could. I chose not to.” He paused. “I chose to let Humanity rise to the heights I thought they were capable of, without Us, without the Exalted. This was not a mistake. Before you ask why I did not release the Exalted when we first saw the Entities, we respected humanity.”

Luna picked up. “I’ll say this. I will eat your Doctor Mother. She destroyed someone I would be proud to call my chosen. She lied repeatedly, and failed to even try to get the help she needed when she realized she was over her head. We are giving you the same choice any Exalt has. Here. Now.”

Choose.” The Most High boomed. “Choose who you will put your faith into. Choose who you will follow. Choose who you will believe. Finally, choose who to back.”

Vote
    [ ] Alexandria believes Sol Invictus
    [ ] Alexandria attacks, not believing him.
    [ ] Alexandria snaps.
    [ ] Write In.