• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

I always wanted to see a worm fusion with the anime Black Lagoon. I think it would go together quite well if Brockton and Roanapur were merged into one by combining the gangs of Roanapur with their Brockton counterparts. Say Coil hired Scarface(Russian Mob) and her ex-VDV, Lung could head the ABB made up of the newly merged Washimine Clan(Yakuza) and Mr. Chang(Triad), then throw in the Arms Dealer Nuns cause awesome. Maybe the Undersiders and the Lagoon Company could be merged or just two separate independent teams. You might have to mess with the timelines a bit but otherwise I think it would be pretty awesome.

Hell if you wanted to you could drop the gangs of BB into Roanapur. Although if you did that Danny's Dockworkers might be a little different than canon.

I know I've already posted this in the NSFW section but I'm still torn on where to put it so im going to post it here as well. There wont be smut or anything in the fic but there will be up front discussions about sex etc in later chapter.

Still un-named but here is my continuation of that Sububus Taylor fic I started.

<<1.1

____________1.2______________​

"A-a glamour? I-I don't know what you mean, I'm fine!" I frantically tried to think of something to say. Dad could tell it was an illusion? Did that mean he could see me - topless?? Oh god!- Wait, why did he call it a glamor? Wasn't that a type of magic?

Did that mean my shapeshifting was magic and not a parahuman ability? Everyone knew magic was real. There were at least three magic users in the Protectorate but nobody knew how you went about learning it or why only some people could use it.

Dad stood up and walked towards me, I tried to back away but that would mean being back outside. He put a hand on my shoulder and I couldn't stop myself from flinching.

Realisation dawned and his expression shifted from concerned to surprised and finally a sad smile, "Oh Taylor, I'm so sorry. I never thought… wings?" I nodded and he sighed. He didn't hug me, thankfully, instead, he place both hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes.

"Go get dressed, I'll explain everything, I promise."

##​

Getting dressed was easier said than done.

By the time I made it back to my room, I was starting to feel a growing pressure in my body, like a tensed muscle. It wasn't unbearable but i'm not sure how long that would last. Relaxing, my body immediately shifted back to my other state.

It looked like this was my 'real' or default appearance and I couldn't just stay transformed forever. I peeled the remains of my clothes off and tried to find something that would fit the 'new' me. I quickly realised I would need new tops, jeans, new everything in fact.

My hips were too full for any of my jeans and my underwear was uncomfortably tight, not to mention my tail made it impossible for me pull them all the way up, so I went without. A pair of baggy tracksuit bottoms at least fit me, though being without underwear just felt weird and I'd need to be carefully about bending over but what could I do for a top?

I pulled out a couple of tops from my closet to try on. The first was a simple T-shirt. I had some trouble getting it passed my horns but with some careful positioning I managed it. I then ran into another problem - or was that 4 problems? - at the back, the shirt was caught up where my wings joined my back. And at the front, I had no real hope of stretching the shirt over my chest.

I tried anyway, twisting and flattening my wings in different, and mostly uncomfortable, ways. Trying to force myself into the shirt taught me two things. One, my body was much more sensitive than it used to be and two, I was possibly stronger. A miss timed tug tore the shirt at the front.

With a sigh,I removed its remains. There was a blouse on my bed but just looking at it gave me visions of popping buttons so I picked up the tracksuit jacket. If I moved my wings just right I could get it on and it was baggy enough that I could get it closed up front.

A look in the mirror however showed that I was clearly not wearing a top or bra of any kind. I wasn't sure I could sit like that infront of my Dad, never mind actually go shopping. What's worse, trapping my wings was really uncomfortable.

I was debating taking a pair of scissors to the back of my largest shirt when there was a knock on my door.

"Hey kiddo, I've got some of your Mom's things out here if you need them," Dad called out, "I'll be in the living room when you're ready."

I waited until I heard him reach the bottom of the stairs before I opened my door and pulled the box inside. I know Dad meant well but I couldn't see any of Mom's clothes fitting me.

She wasn't too different from how I used to look, in fact, I was a good bit taller than Mom.

Still, with nothing to lose I opened the box. My jaw very nearly hit the floor.

The clothes inside were not what I expected. Mom was always dressed fairly conservatively, she was a college professor after all. I'd expected a box of her old shirts or sweaters but sitting on the very top of the box was a corset - a quarter of a corset anyway.- there was lace across the top, parts were nearly see through.

I didn't know much about corsets but I got the impression this was meant for bedroom. Blushing to my toes, I moved the corset to the side and tried to find something a little more suitable.

As I dug through the clothes, it dawned on me that most of it tended towards the victorian look. Everything tended to be black or purple, Mom's favorite colour, with lace and ruffles. There was even a purple half cape with a ragged bottom. A white corset with black stipping was carefully wrapped up with a long blue dress.

Thinking back, I couldn't remember seeing Mom in any of these. Maybe they were from her time at university or her time with Lustrum? Another thing I realised was, the sizes were all wrong, being much larger in the bust and hips than I remembered Mom was and and almost everything was backless or had a low cut on the back.

Eventually, I found a shirt that fit me. Getting it on, however, was not easy. My horns kept getting caught on the shirt and then I struggled to get them through the collar. My wings were actually the easiest part. Moving them was no harder than lifting an arm and felt completely natural.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I realised I was standing differently. I couldn't really feel the weight of my horns, but they were there and I was aware of them. The wings especially were throwing my balance. Turning my back to the mirror I lifted the back of my shirt and made my wings twitch. I could see the muscles on my back shift and move with them.

It was only as I shifted back to my old appearance I realised I could have done so first and then gotten dressed. Remembering that for next time, I made my way down stairs.

Dad had carried a number of boxes up stairs while I was getting dressed. He was just struggling with a large one when I arrived. I moved to help him and ended up lifting the box, almost effortlessly, out of his hands.

Dad chuckled at my expression and showed me where to put the box. There was a strong smell coming from the boxes but I couldn't for the life of me describe what it was. It was like trying to explain the taste of purple. I also noticed a strong whiff of whiskey, there was a small glass of it on the table.

Opening one of the boxes, Dad pulled out a framed picture and stared at it, lost in thought, "Can… Can you show me?" he asked hesitantly.
I couldn't look him in the face. Keeping my head down, I relaxed, letting my body shift back. As it did so, I was forced to move forward a bit on the sofa, my wings and tail were going to make sitting an issue.

Dad let out a gasp, I couldn't stop myself from looking up at him. I'd expected to see fear but instead, Dad had that same sad smile. He held out the picture to me, "You look just like her," he said quietly.

My jaw dropped when I saw the photo. It was clearly an old picture, taken on a rooftop or something near sunset but what shocked me was the woman. She looked a lot like me, our skin and hair looked similar in colour and I could see the dark scales on her face and hands. Her horns were slightly different. Mine pointed down near my mouth but hers curled up.

What really shocked me was her face, "...Mom?" I asked, looking to Dad who nodded.

"yeah, that's Annette, your mother as she really looked."

I could feel my body shaking. This was Mom? what, how? why did I never know? I struggled to get my thoughts in order, to form something coherent.
A hand landed on my shoulder and I realised it was Dad. He was muttering something as he ran a hand through my hair. Eventually, I calmed down enough to ask.

"Why?" Why what? I wasn't really sure where to start or what I wanted to know.

Dad gave me another sad smile and sat down in the armchair in front of me.

"Let me start from the beginning. You, Taylor, are my daughter and nothing will ever change that."

He waited for me to nod before he continued, "Your mother was what most people would call a succubus," I tried to protest but Dad held up a hand to stop me, "No, not the evil soul sucking demons you've probably read about."

"Their actual history is complicated but I think there is a book in this lot somewhere that can explain it better. For now, I'll try to keep things simple…"
Dad wasn't great at explaining things but from what I could understand, Reality was like a bubble with lots of smaller bubbles inside of it. These smaller bubbles were pocket dimensions and they often overlapped or leaked into each other and Earth sat in the middle like an anchor.

One of these 'pocket dimensions' are where Succubi came from. From what Dad knew, it was actually quite a nice, if hot, place.

"So, how did Mom get here?"

"She was summoned, it's not hard if you know what you are doing, and have enough power backing you up. I've done it myself a few times, but never anything on that level."

Wait, "You can use magic?"

Dad sighed and opened up another of the boxes, "Yeah, I fancied myself as quite the wizard once. That's actually how I met your mother." Reaching into the box, he pulled out a staff that was nearly as tall as him.

I stared open mouthed at him. There was no way that should have fit. Dad chuckled and laid the staff on the coffee table.

"Your mother was summoned to this world by Lustrum. She couldn't use magic but she knew about succubi and she was fascinated by their society. Succubi are all women," he explained, "naturally, this makes their society a matriarchy."

Lustrum had been a feminist cape years ago. At first she had only wanted equality and quickly built a large following of mostly college age girls. I didn't know the full story and Mom didn't like to talk about it but apparently things had escalated. Peaceful protests became violent and equality became subjugation. Eventually her followers started mutilating any man they could and while nobody knew if Lustrum supported it or not, she was willing to accept responsibility. In the end, she was sent to the birdcage and her followers disbanded.

I could see how an all female society would appeal to her but Mom always told me she left before things turned violent. Was that a lie?
"I'm not sure who did the actual summoning," Dad continued, "but your mother is the one they pulled through. Unlike normal summonings, they made no attempt to bind or control your mother. Lustrum just wanted to talk and Annette was a teacher at heart, even then. She stayed with Lustrum and answered her questions. When things started going bad, Annette argued against it. Eventually, she left to go her own way."

Dad paused to take a drink. I let everything he said sink in. it wasn't too different from what I already knew but it didn't answer the biggest question I had.

"Why did nobody tell me?"

Dad sighed, "It's complicated Kiddo. Part of it was simply because children can't keep secrets." He shot me a knowing look and I flushed with shame, I was six damn it!

"The other reason, was because we didn't want to upset you."

"Why would I be upset?"

"Because what you've done," he waved at my wings, "should be impossible. Succubi have a very low birth rate. They use ritual magic to conceive and even then there is no guarantee of success. Humans and succubi can have children but it's rare, your mother beat the odds just to get pregnant. We both knew, right from the start, you would either be human or succubus."

"Children with a human parent are either one or the other, there is no 'half' and it shouldn't have been possible for you to change that. Annette explained all this to me before you were born. It never changed how we felt about you but Annette was worried you would feel about her. It's not unheard of for human children to hate their succubus parent."

"We both suspected you would have magic. We even planned to teach you when you were old enough. But then… After..." He struggled to get the words out. Even now it was hard to think about and we still never talked about Mom's death.

Giving up, Dad shook his head, "After that, I wanted nothing to do with magic. I boxed everything up and just tried to forget about it."

The air grew heavy and Dad took another drink.

"H-how did you really meet Mom?" I asked. They had always told me it was through some friends at college but now I doubted it.

Dad smiled and some of the life came back to his eyes, "After she left Lustrum, your mother went to college. That's where I met her. I knew, as soon as I saw her that she could use magic. It was like finding a diamond in the street and I'll admit, I got a little obsessed with her. I'll skip the details but I was horrified when I realised just what your mother was."

He laughed at my surprised expression, "There is no formal education for magic users, we are all self taught or taken as an apprentice. The only book I had that mentioned succubi was more fantasy than fact and I was convinced she was evil. So one night, I confronted her. I'd spent ages preparing and had dozens of spells and my new staff ready… Your mother thought I was the most adorable little demon hunter she'd ever seen," he admitted with a blush.
Dad stood up and started digging through another box, "After she kicked my arse, she sat me down and explained everything to me. We started spending time together and well, you know what happened after that. Here, these were hers," He handed me a couple of books.

The first looked professionally made and had a picture of stylised wings and horns on the cover, "That's the most accurate book you can find on succubi. Your mother made me read it. The other is her personal journal. She started writing it when she was pregnant, it was supposed to be everything she wanted to teach you."

Moms journal was a leatherbound book with floral prints in the leather. It was filled with Moms neat writing and I skimmed through the first few pages. It read more like a notebook, ideas were scribbled in the margins and sections had been crossed out.

What really drew my eye was a line of symbols near the bottom of the page. I didn't know what they meant but as I looked I could feel them trying to draw on… something. I reached towards it but Dad stopped me.

"Is that-?"

"Yeah, it's a spell," he turned his head to get a better look, "It's… a light spell. Safe enough, go ahead."

Wondering what he meant, I turned my attention the 'spell', it looked more like a complex maths formula than anything else. I could feel that pulling sensation and I reached out. My fingers brushed the page but nothing happend. I gave Dad a questioning looking but he simply nodded.

This time, I focused on the pulling. Did the spell need something? I tried to push against the sensation and gasped as I felt something inside of me shift. The words on the page started to glow. The break in concentration caused the words to go dark.

I tried again, but this time, I didn't stop until all the symbols were glowing. I watched as they detached themselves from the page, an ethereal copy floating just about the original writing.

Taking a calming breath I reached for the symbols and they merged into a glowing sphere. It felt delicate in my hands, like it would break if squeezed too hard. Dad mimed a gentle throwing action and I realised what he meant.

I threw the sphere. It hit the far wall and the room was filled with a bright white flash that left after images on my eyes. I turned in shock to Dad who was grinning broadly. I broke into a smile of my own. I could use magic!

"So… I know it's a bit late, but how do feel about learning magic? We can make a weekend of it." Dad offered and hugged me tightly.

I could use magic, this was something Emma and her friends could never take away from me.

6ZETBdL.jpg

____________1.2______________​

Interesting, so magic is a thing on this Earth Bet, but only certain people have the knack. Poor Taylor is going to have a bit of a PR problem, though (namely getting all the wrong kind of attention.)

Anyway, looking forward to more. :)

Interesting, so magic is a thing on this Earth Bet, but only certain people have the knack. Poor Taylor is going to have a bit of a PR problem, though (namely getting all the wrong kind of attention.)

Anyway, looking forward to more. :)

Yup, known magic users include Dauntless and Myridon.

The attention... Yea, Taylors really not going to enjoy that, the sudden change in body shape + her self esteem issues should make for a fun time.

Crossposted on SV and SB

I have had a idea for a worm CYOA for a while, where the writer is reincarnated as Potus (President of the United States), with the canon knowledge, no powers and whatever perks are necessary and a frightening set of complications.

This would be a Worm story set at the geopolitical level , where the people in your inner circle and political opponents have been comprised by Cauldron for the last 3 decades.

Living in a world that is ignorantly at a knife's edge between societal collapse and total annihilation. you alone, have the only power you will ever need to save humanity on every world, the political power that was invested by the nation that elected you. You are truly alone against the world.

I got this idea because i'm a fan of The West Wing and House of Cards

I have had a idea for a worm CYOA for a while, where the writer is reincarnated as Potus (President of the United States), with the canon knowledge, no powers and whatever perks are necessary and a frightening set of complications.
I think that a big issue here would be that if you act oddly then you'll trip whatever Master/Stranger protocols are used to monitor such an important political figure. And that intense scrutiny isn't going to just go away while you hold office...

I think that a big issue here would be that if you act oddly then you'll trip whatever Master/Stranger protocols are used to monitor such an important political figure. And that intense scrutiny isn't going to just go away while you hold office...
I guess he could go the reincarnation route, that way any past behavior can match his current behavior.

lets face it you had a history of substance abuse, then the public will think that you have fallen off the wagon or he's losing his mind.

but suspicion is still not evidence for impeachment.

I can't really imagine POTUS in Worm being...well...relevant, really. Whatever relevance he still retains IRL mostly has to do with military loyalty, and in Worm the military itself is rapidly losing relevance even in physical conflict. And that's not even getting into Cauldron's shenanigans.

Realistically, though, that quest ends with you getting PtV'd. Finessing the US political situation has been the focus of most of Contessa's efforts post-1980, it kind of seems.

I can't really imagine POTUS in Worm being...well...relevant, really. Whatever relevance he still retains IRL mostly has to do with military loyalty, and in Worm the military itself is rapidly losing relevance even in physical conflict. And that's not even getting into Cauldron's shenanigans.

Realistically, though, that quest ends with you getting PtV'd. Finessing the US political situation has been the focus of most of Contessa's efforts post-1980, it kind of seems.
I like Contessa as a character... when she's actually used as a character. Situations like this, where she's a ready-made excuse for why Earth Bet is such a shithole, are why "PTV is narrative poison" isn't an uncommon opinion.

The best way to fight against Contessa is the blank perk, now i have to just avoid grassy knolls...:D

I like Contessa as a character... when she's actually used as a character. Situations like this, where she's a ready-made excuse for why Earth Bet is such a shithole, are why "PTV is narrative poison" isn't an uncommon opinion.
Well, in-story, Cauldron and Contessa's efforts are probably the reason why anything like orderly government still exists in the First World at all, and any given President's efforts, regardless of his special knowledge, are highly unlikely to turn out as well.

Even more realistically, if you show up as an SI who'd have even an outside shot at fixing things, your best case is to ally with Cauldron anyway.

The PRT and Protectorate are government agencies.

I suppose it's possible they're not, but Directors are generally drawn directly from the ranks of the FBI, Homeland Security, Navy, the PRT itself, etcetera.
The basically are in charge of a paramilitary group so those kinds of hiring decisions make sense. In the end the two are likely so closely affiliated that their seperation is mostly just semantic.

Wait, I thought they were affiliated with but not actually part of the US government. Sort of like weapon manufactures.
Alexandria's interlude said that her plan was to go along with the government, but do so as a major power-block (with the other Triumvirate capes), so they had a strong bargaining position from which to influence the process.

I think the PRT and the Protectorate are 100% official government agencies, just like the army or the cops.

Wait, I thought they were affiliated with but not actually part of the US government. Sort of like weapon manufactures.
There's no way in hell the US government would let groups as important and powerful as them be independent.

I could maybe see them sort quasi-independent like the Federal Reserve but it would be really unlikely.

There's no way in hell the US government would let groups as important and powerful as them be independent.

I could maybe see them sort quasi-independent like the Federal Reserve but it would be really unlikely.

"What are you gonna go, nuke them?"

The PRT and Protectorate are government agencies.
Yes, but they're outright controlled by Cauldron and have no long tradition of loyalty to civilian authority. It seems highly unlikely that they'd obey POTUS nearly as reliably as the existing military branches. (And if they aren't organized as military, then quite plausibly POTUS can't actually legally order them around at all.)

Yes, but they're outright controlled by Cauldron and have no long tradition of loyalty to civilian authority. It seems highly unlikely that they'd obey POTUS nearly as reliably as the existing military branches. (And if they aren't organized as military, then quite plausibly POTUS can't actually legally order them around at all.)
The thing about secret conspiracies is that they work best in the shadows. They're not going to rock the boat by directly ignoring the president when they can just distract him and get things done in the shadows.

A lot like the real FBI, I guess.

I also doubt that Cauldron has their hooks into every Director; they have the Chief Director, maybe a few others that cover zones of interest. That'd be enough.

I think POTUS has the executive power to Remove any government agency's Charter, so he can legally take down the PRT, the protectorate and even the IRS if they failed their mandate or have overstepped their authority.

Hey,

I have an idea for a Worm/Star Wars crossover, where Taylor gets a broken/malfunctioning Shard and gets the force. However, she has a Dark Side as a result of the broken Shard. Her Dark Side is pretty much a completely separate person, with different powers. It's her, but not her, you know? Like, normal Taylor is driven to do good. Dark Taylor is driven to do what it perceives to be good. Which is, vengeance upon those who have slighted her, indulgence in her whims, etc.

Anyway, when norm-Taylor goes to sleep, Dark Taylor comes out to play, and vice versa.

Good idea? Absolute shit? What do you think?

Hey,

I have an idea for a Worm/Star Wars crossover, where Taylor gets a broken/malfunctioning Shard and gets the force. However, she has a Dark Side as a result of the broken Shard. Her Dark Side is pretty much a completely separate person, with different powers. It's her, but not her, you know? Like, normal Taylor is driven to do good. Dark Taylor is driven to do what it perceives to be good. Which is, vengeance upon those who have slighted her, indulgence in her whims, etc.

It's a premise. Quality inheres in the execution.

Taylor wasn't driven to do good. If she was, she'd have called up the heroes and warned them about the bank job in order to walk the team into an ambush. She was driven to prove that she was strong, capable, and better than her abusers. "Better" did include "morally", sure, but you could step over that bar without fear of tripping.

If you're hoping to have moral character conflict with weird Dark Side powers and a Jekyll/Hyde schism... then use a different character. One that actually has a morality. I'd suggest Theo. E88 juiciness and what I'm sure is a lot of repressed angst.

Hey,

Anyway, when norm-Taylor goes to sleep, Dark Taylor comes out to play, and vice versa.

Make the dark side a completely different person kind of ruins it for me. Shards aren't that unsubtle even in the worst cases it basically relies on induced mental illness. It also doesn't fit the themes of star wars. The darkside isn't an external force that takes you over it is you embracing the dark parts of yourself and being swept up into crazytown.

Instead I would have it so that her powers amplify her emotions while she is using it resulting in her going way to far and risking losing control of herself if she doesn't use them with a serene meditative calm. That is in line with the way less subtle shards can manipulate parahumans and still fits the themes of the force in star wars.

Taylor wasn't driven to do good. If she was, she'd have called up the heroes and warned them about the bank job in order to walk the team into an ambush. She was driven to prove that she was strong, capable, and better than her abusers. "Better" did include "morally", sure, but you could step over that bar without fear of tripping.

If you're hoping to have moral character conflict with weird Dark Side powers, then use a different character. One that actually has a morality. I'd suggest Theo. E88 juiciness and what I'm sure is a lot of repressed angst.
I think that was more her thinking of a long term good and not thinking she could pull off the ambush anyway because of tattletale. Taylor doesn't have your belief that authority=good so as long as she is helping people as a villain and not hurting people that isn't a moral issue for her. She did leave the Undersiders after she learned about Dinah, but before that she only did one thing she considered truly immoral (the bank). Her other activities consist of protecting the city for real while the heroes did PR shit, and ruining a party for rich people (in her eyes bullies) patting themselves on the back for taking credit for her (and others) accomplishments.

Later on she spent most of her time and efforts either helping people (more than the heroes), protecting them (more than the heroes), or fending off attacks by heroes. The big exception is the attack on the mayor which she probably would have handled differently if she wasn't being forced into it while expecting an assassination attempt and even then it was with the goal of preventing the Mayor from cutting off everyone in the city from aid and making them homeless.

Taylor is big on morality. The thing is it is a very anti-authority take on it as she assumes that they will be an obstacle to opposing evil if not the source which results in her methods for helping people being rather anarchic. It doesn't help that the series keeps feeding her more reasons to feel that way all the way till the end of the series. Even after she joined the Protectorate she was still forced to work against the PRT to get anything positive done. They even made it blatantly clear they considered Behemoth being destroyed a net negative for their goals.

your belief that authority=good
*raises eyebrow*

You make assumptions about my beliefs that are both wrong and do not fit the evidence.

Taylor's, too. But I suspect I'll be unable to convince you of that. Hopefully my claim that I know more about my own beliefs than you know about my own beliefs is easier for you to accept.

If you're hoping to have moral character conflict with weird Dark Side powers and a Jekyll/Hyde schism... then use a different character. One that actually has a morality. I'd suggest Theo. E88 juiciness and what I'm sure is a lot of repressed angst.
Theo: "Sorry, Dad. You're just too Dark for me."

Max: "My heart is warmed that you're finally using dark as a pejorative."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back