1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Seven Colours (Naruto)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Planeshunter, May 29, 2020.

1. Kotawa

Kotawa Cat ears.

Good to see that you're keeping with the tradition of having the members of Team 7 have a near death experience regularly.

Sasuke: almost died from a cursed seal.
    Naruto: almost died from demonic chakra poisoning.
    Sakura: almost saw Karin naked.

2. Tale_Swapper

Tale_Swapper Wanna-Be Benevolent Necromancer

Would that result in death by nosebleed, or death by pissed off Ran?

3. Kotawa

Kotawa Cat ears.

Somehow, she'd end up getting mauled by bears.

4. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

Im really loving this spree of chapters.

Gregory Crey likes this.
  5. Gregory Crey

Gregory Crey Magic is of wonder and terror. Life is so magical.

Eastern

Planeshunter likes this.
  6. etulauna

etulauna Versed in the lewd.

I'm surprised Ran didn't flip out when Karin mentioned undressing for Sakura. Unless she left that part out despite us reading about it? So I take it Sakura is scared of Ran? I mean she's palming a hidden kunai across from Ran in a restaurant after the exams ended. Also I think you did well making Karin influenced by Ran and Kusa Anbu #1 Shimada-mama but not a Ran copy. The mini fight about revealing heal bite was a nice touch.

7. V01D

V01D Autistic lover of LOLz

The test was all about how they handle obstacles- and the final question is (even though not explicitly asked): “will you give up or continue the mission even if you have to risk everything?” - the lack of skills (for example, Naruto) is something that could be addressed later, attitude cannot.
    *cracking up at the mental image of Rochy going ‘Solar BEAM!!!”*
    “Then”
    ”tough”

8. Ph34r_n0_3V1L

Ph34r_n0_3V1L The Best Monkey

encampment

Gregory Crey and Planeshunter like this.
  9. WeissSaber

WeissSaber I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hmm, think Sakura is having a internal crisis.

10. Organmonkey

Organmonkey Versed in the lewd.

Something is awakening within Sakura. Her childhood friendship with Ino and all those flower metaphors are taking on new meaning.

Also Ino gave up on Sasuke awfully easy and seemed more pissed that Sakura went after him than people in general going after him.

11. w0f

w0f Know what you're doing yet?

I think that is something difficult she is the chakra sensor IT would be like describing color to someone Born blind

12. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Fixed, thanks!
    I'll leave that open to interpretation. Truth is, I had already written it to look like a normal PoV until Ran flipped about the [Heal Bite] when I got to that part.
    I get the point of the test, but you're still handwaving their lack of skills when that's a perfectly valid thing to test them about at the same time. And the Shimada are all about efficiency ;)
    For me, it was Rochy with a red cap, a mustache and a duck-watergun-rocket at his back.
    Konoha says they have the Forest of Death.
    Everyone knows it's the Forest of Death who has Konoha instead.

13. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

Long one.
    it’s a welcome relief*

It’s one thing to bluff them with a tenth question*

waste of an opportunity*

as both of Karin’s teammates regroup on the same branch*

Risking your life is one thing, committing suicide by Kage is another.*

Maybe enough to not be a dead weight after all.*

The proctor was rendered immobile*

monster on its way out.*

Shunshined*

has her in a cold sweat.*

Repetition of ‘of course’ intentional?

one last time.*

but they’re far away and, unless they can increase their travel speed somehow, won’t arrive until the morning.*

towards her teammates*
    leaving them as defenceless*

has an even harder time*

remotely be construed*

is there?*

about either*

about either*

down is she?*

is bolster his body*

them your*

I cut into her story*

into your encampment*

ready for them by then*

tough enough*

the point where Shigeri disappeared.*

pick up the concept*

react to that news,*

Feel like this is an inaccurate self-assessment.

Why would you want to? That’d be a waste of your suffering.

Are you suicidal?

Definitely suicidal, actively so.

14. Gregory Crey

Gregory Crey Magic is of wonder and terror. Life is so magical.

I think she is being sarcastic... unless you were also being sarcastic? It is hard to tell on the internet :(

15. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

That it is, as I was not. Ty for pointing that out.

Gregory Crey likes this.
  16. Planeshunter

He's courting death.
    Didn't even have the decency to survive the test so Ran could get her hands on him.
    Fixed, thanks! In my defense, it was a long chapter... :oops:
    Intentional, yep. Thanks anyway!

17. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

I dunno what they expected. Bears are already pretty bullshit, why would a chakra-enhanced bear not be terrifying? They're just lucky there were no moose in that forest.

18. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

You could simply put the emphasis on what little canon shows us of her: her sensor synthesia shlick, her interest in medicine/science, and how deep her obsession(s) can run?
    I think she makes an appearance in boruto, but I dropped it pretty quick so idk in there's anything else from there.

Ooooorrr... She's reaction to Shimada-san's unconsciously leaking killing intent? And Naruto is acting sheepish for the same reason, because at that point in canon he was still dumber than a bag of rocks and I honestly can't see him not being hyper at passing the exams.

True, true. Add the fact that Ino got the personality-less Pretty Boy as her replacement "husband" too.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  19. Tiberius3696

Tiberius3696 Know what you're doing yet?

Jesus the fluff... It's beautiful. :)

20. Organmonkey

Sai is a meat dildo.

Actually everyone Ino has shown attraction to has had mental issues. I wonder if her affinity for mind manipulation stuff affects her preferences.

I bet a lot of clans have strange stuff about how they choose partners actually.

21. Bad Habits

Bad Habits Devil's Advocate

I don't remember which story, but I do recall reading a Sakura focused post-698 (pretty sure it cut 699 and 700 both out) that actually addresses this and Ino admitting it's a bit of a kink for her. Like explicitly says that men with mental issues are a major turn on for her and that she likes pretty boys so Sai and Sasuke were like catnip for her.

22. Organmonkey

Here is the thing though, Sakura has way worse mental issues than Sai or Sasuke. She has strong enough mental issues to actually overcome Ino's clan techniques. PTSD and Sociopathic behavior are kind of small potatoes to a split personality that has seemingly no origin.

With that canon confirmation she looks for men who are on the effeminate looking side and the mental health thing. There is a high chance she was looking for a guy she could put up with when the girl she wanted wasn't available.

23. Bad Habits

If we're gonna go there - how about we address the fact that Ino is by all appearances the heiress of the Yamanaka clan and has no younger siblings so by that logic her crush on Sasuke was never going to go anywhere and she knew it.

Honestly out of the girls in Naruto's class Sakura was the only one that should've been able to marry into another family instead of having her husband marry into hers.

Edit:
    Full breakdown of Naruto's class:

Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, and Shino are all apparently the sole heirs of their parents with no siblings and with a parent/parents who are the head of their clans so anyone they marry would necessarily marry into their family. This is only unusual in the case of Ino as it's normally the wife marrying into the husband's family.

Hinata is in an odd position in that she's nominally the heiress to the Hyuga, however she has a younger sister that is actually favored to succeed their father. However, the fact that Hinata hasn't been sealed and placed in the Branch House means that she hasn't officially been removed as heiress. The exact reasoning for this was never, to my knowledge, given. However, it did leave her open to potentially marrying outside the family, though given the extreme methods used to control the bloodline this makes such a thing even less likely than Ino marrying Sasuke.

Sasuke too is in something of an interesting position in that he's still technically the spare given that Itachi was the heir when he went and killed everyone but Sasuke. Functionally he's the heir, and likely considered the Head of the Uchiha clan in some manner, but with the clan effectively defunct with only two (known) members alive and one of them a criminal and mass murderer anyone he married would be marrying into the clan in an effort to restore it.

Kiba is, by all accounts, the spare so him marrying out of the Inuzuka clan is not impossible though it would probably be somewhat difficult given that should anything happen to his older sister the position of heir would fall to him.

Finally we come to Naruto and Sakura. Sakura is from a ninja family, but we have nothing to indicate that they have any sort of bloodline or secret techniques/teachings so she's pretty much free to marry as and how she wishes with the only restriction being her ability to actually net the desired spouse. Naruto is sadly in the same position. He has no bloodline abilities - assuming the Uzumaki had any - and there are no secret teachings for him to inherit as any he might have been privy too died with his mother (I have OPINIONS on her situation especially as regards secret teachings of the Uzumaki). Similarly we have no indication that his father was even from a clan though it's likely he came from a ninja family, his background was probably akin to Sakura's.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  24. Inbetweenaction

Inbetweenaction Versed in the lewd.

the Uzumaki had a shitton of bloodline abilities. As shown by Karin. Some also ad Uzumaki tenasity/massive chakra pool to it that Karin doesn't really seem to have. But Naruto inherited squat, exept for posibly the enhanced stamina/chakra pool...

the question is, would the Namikaze have any?

In any case, Naruto is also a Head. as shown in this story. not that there is anything left for him to be head of...

25. Bad Habits

The only thing that would be, by definition, a bloodline ability is Karin's healing ability. The chains are more than likely secret techniques/teachings that Karin was able to recreate in some form or fashion, likely having had incomplete instruction from her mother or simply reconstructed based on stories and accounts she had access to while working for Orochimaru.

The Uzumaki vitality was more than likely inherited by Karin and not Naruto given that the explanation for her healing ability is that it's an ability to share the Uzumaki's noted vitality. Pretty much all of Naruto's special abilities like his healing and large amounts of chakra are rooted in his being the Jinchuuriki of the Nine Tailed Fox/Kurama.

While he did gain some nifty power-ups over the course of the story most of them were highly situational or connected to the Nine-Tailed Fox in some way. The only one he really had that he could call his own was Sage Mode.

And I specifically addressed that in the canon story the Namikaze - as in his father's family - did not appear to have anything that made them special beyond Minato being a big brain and managing to leverage that big brain into some truly impressive feats. That's actually why I postulated that Minato's family situation was probably like Sakura's, there's nothing to indicate that either of them come from particularly accomplished ninja families.

Edit:
    Also, the Mind's Eye of the Kagura is never seen as something anyone else can do. For all we know it's a unique creation of Karin and not something she learned/inherited from the Uzumaki. It's also possible that her sensory ability was inherited from her father who know jack-all about and likely isn't an Uzumaki himself.

26. anechoic

anechoic they/them/theirs

While there are some good points about dynastic marriage considerations being raised here, I think it's important to remember that (as this story has already shown more than once) a lot of the rules about what someone 'has' to do in a setting like this kind of go out the window once you're powerful enough (where 'powerful enough' depends on just what rules you want to break).

And also that [clan politics/the feudal order/general social relations/etc..] are probably as much of an anachronism-stew as the rest of the setting and how much any given character would actually have to take such things into account could vary heavily depending on what particular clan(s) you're dealing with and just how the author wants to play things.

27. Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia Supreme Ruler of all of Equestria.

I mean they could have been very enthusiastic Naruto fans, like unless one of them does a just right next to you you’d just assume...okay sure you’ve just been reincarnated but still.

28. Planeshunter

Neither of the three abilities in question [Adamantine Sealing Chains], [Heal Bite] and [Mind's Eye of the Kagura] are classified as Kekkei Genkai in the wiki, with Heal Bite not being even a hiden (secret technique) Then again it also claims that Karin 'awakens' her chains during the Fourth Shinobi War, which is both contradictory (you can't 'awaken' a hidden technique, only a bloodline limit) and patently untrue (she first used the chains against Suigetsu during a flashback of the three-year timeskip, way before the foundation of the group Taka.)

Neither [Heal Bite] nor [Mind's Eye of the Kagura] are ever shown by anyone else, so they could be considered her personal techniques. Though I believe the part about Uzumama dying for [Heal Bite] overuse was canon, it's been way too long for me to say anything for sure without prior research. Which I'm feeling too lazy to do ATM :p

[Adamantine Sealing Chains]... I coud've sworn there was a redhead somewhere in the filler chapters who used something suspiciously similar, which led to a lot of speculation back in the day. If someone disconnected from the clan can spontaneously learn how to do it, then it's not a secret techniquea but a bloodline limit.

As far as Ran is concerned, the three of them are Kekkei Genkai and her Karin is bullshit.

29. Organmonkey

If I remember right I think technically all of the Uzamaki special powers are expressions of their super dense, super plentiful chakra and their ability to externalize it easily.

Technically not individual Kekkei Genkai in the sense that another person could hypothetically try and replicate the techniques but they don't have the amount and quality of chakra needed to do so which is the actual clan trait.

This specific trait is also something that is observable in Naruto in his more solid than normal clones and his excess of chakra to make so many of them without even touching the fox.

My hypothesis is Minds Eye works by pushing out and retracting a little chakra and creating ripples in the natural chakra around everything. Then seeing where the ripples bounce of other chakra sources. Chains are just externalizing the super dense chakra and concentrating it. Finally the Healing bite is giving the person a quick injection of better quality chakra to jumpstart their healing.

Also all Uzamaki in series exhibit enhanced ability to recover from injuries on their own, meaning the quality of their chakra might by itself promote healing passively in the body.

SirThrowaway, azqs, R.A.G. and 3 others like this.
  30. Bad Habits

The Heal Bite as you call it was definitely something that Karin's mother had and it's overuse is canonically what killed her.

That said, I say it's a bloodline ability because I don't believe that her mother would teach her that ability if she could avoid doing so, especially as I don't think she had any illusions about what would happen to Karin if she died or became unable to use the ability.

This sounds a lot like fanon.