1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shiro Tokita has a Weird Visitor: Rebooted (Evangelion Fanfic, Canon Character Protagonist, OG Eva +

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Repentant_Dragos, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

Shiro Tokita has a Weird Visitor: Rebooted (Evangelion Fanfic, Canon Character Protagonist, OG Eva + Rebuilds Crossover)

Prologue - Ascension to Protagonisthood

Shiro Tokita was having a good day, and it showed in his smile as his limousine drove through the streets of Tokyo-2, his driver casually trampling fallen leaves from the trees that bloomed in the eternal summer.

[​IMG]

He had been slated to rise up high before the catastrophe known as Second Impact hit; he had risen even higher through his chosen corporation’s participation in the United Nations’ attempts to restore order to the world in the global conflict that followed that apocalypse. Japan Heavy Chemical Industries had done its part in keeping the world together, and although it wasn’t perfect, he was proud of his own share in that work and how the private sector had preserved its independence from government and bureaucratic overreach.

Including, of course, from the secretive, pretentious, and at the end of the day, untrustworthy organization called NERV.

The various schools in the city were letting out their children now, some of them the same age as the pilots of the weapons known as Evangelions. As he watched teenagers walking into an arcade, Shiro’s smile thinned a little as he thought, Children should be playing video games, not killing alien monsters in living mechs of dubious stock.

NERV had reigned for too long, diverted too many resources to their self-indulgent projects, and razed an entire district of their own specially-built city to defeat just one ‘Angel’.

Morons, the JHCI executive thought as he looked back on the countless proposals and counter-proposals, the memoranda and the paperwork, all to get his pet project, the Jet Alone series of giant robots, Nuclear-powered machines built of metal and by human ingenuity, put on the discussion table.

His chauffeur parked the limousine at the townhouse he owned in Tokyo-2, close to the real center of power in Japan's political life, he gave his thanks to the old man and told him to take care of himself; he was giving him a day off tomorrow to be with his remaining family.

He was doing it not just out of kindness, but because he wanted to be alone with his thoughts of how in just a few months, he was going to humiliate NERV and prove to the rest of the UN that the world didn't need those pricks at the head of Humanity’s defense.

His glow of self-confidence, which some might mistake as arrogance, lasted as he walked into the elevator leading to his private suite of rooms. As the polished brass doors of the elevator box closed, and a Chopin piece played as elevator music, he was confident that while waiting for his arrival on the top floor, he could continue to gloat -

“Hello there.”

Shiro Tokita whirled behind him, to where he was sure there had been empty space, and saw a boy in a green jacket, a white shirt with a horizontal pink stripe running through the middle, and black trousers; all of these were newly manufactured, not hand-me-downs from an aid distribution center. But he couldn’t recognize the brands.

The cologne, however, was of a brand that was rarely manufactured out of Germany after the Second Impact and the Third World War impacted supply chains. Curiouser and curious-er.

[​IMG]

"Shiro Tokita, I presume?" the boy, clearly fourteen judging from his height and the smoothness of his skin and the adolescent eagerness with a slight tone of admiration in his tone, said to him before continuing his spiel, "Forty-seven years of age, one of the executives of Japan Heavy Chemical Industries, and trying to get the ‘Jet Alone Project’ and its own set of giant robots approved as an alternative to NERV’s ‘unreliable’ Evangelion units -”

Shiro’s first instinct was to look for an exit from the Elevator. His second instinct was to press the elevator speaker and call for the townhouse’s security.

There was no need for a third instinct; he moved to press the speaker button only to find the kid literally teleporting in front of him in a flash of red light blocking his hand and (weakly) gripping the wrist.

“Now, if you will listen to me -” the boy managed to say before something in Shiro snapped and grabbed the kid’s left arm with his own left hand like a vise, hard enough to cause him to yell as the Executive twisted the limb behind the boy’s back using a half-remembered judo move meant to subdue a sudden attacker.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow!” the kid shouted, clearly not expecting this course of events. “I was trying to help, geez!”

The sincerity in his tone convinced Shiro that this boy was definitely not some kind of humanoid Angel, despite his show of teleportation. Nevertheless, the JHCI Executive was still suspicious, not just because of the usage of unnatural powers but also because of the juvenile attempt at manipulation by an actual juvenile.

“You’re coming with me to my suite, young man,” Shiro kept his grip tight, trying to swallow his bile at how he had just phrased that. “There we will have a talk about corporate espionage, bandying about top-secret info as an attempt to manipulate, and showing off supernatural powers to cover up for rookie mistakes in intrigue; an adult’s field, I might add.”

The boy nodded dumbly at that.

------

“Don’t try and teleport out,” Shiro said to the kid as they finally entered his suite in the townhouse that made up some of the finest accommodations of Tokyo-2. “I know you want something from me, and that it’s enough to risk me calling down NERV on your ass after your show of power or super-tech; I don’t care what it actually is right now.”

He then paused as he closed the heavy oak door of his suite with his right hand, all the while feeling that the door should be heavier if it was going to contain such a guest. Then the JHCI spoke once more, his tone slightly calmer, even a little mild, “I will let you go in a few seconds. Any attempt to attack me, or flee, will lead to you not getting what you want so badly. Got it?”

The boy nodded in what he hoped was understanding, and true to his word, Shiro Tokita let him go, gesturing him towards a sofa chair usually received for visitors. As the child walked over to the chair and plopped himself down, his pouting face looked up at his interrogator’s own, only to find him having already prepared a firm, cold frown as he stared the kid down.

“Now, what’s your name, kid?” Shiro was prepared to accept even the absurd from this boy.

Including an answer as ridiculous as, “Ken Illustrious Ikari; I come from a parallel universe.”

Yes, that was the answer. Shiro suppressed the impulse to be arbitrarily skeptical as he spoke, “I see. Related to NERV’s Commander somehow. What did you come here for? To recruit me to NERV?”

He saw Ken blanch; obviously, the answer was no. But he let the boy splutter and protest that accusation.

“No!” the boy was almost too loud; good thing the townhouse had soundproofed walls and residents who had an unspoken pact to hide each others’ dirty laundry. “I wanted your Jet Alone project to succeed, you damned asshole!”

Nowhere was it mentioned that it was no longer the case.

“You have the secret of the AT-Field, then?” Shiro Tokita asked. The JHCI executive was no fool; he got into his position through merit, not nepotism, and he showed it by coming to the conclusion the boy wanted and saying it in a firm, confident tone with just the right tinge of caustic sourness.

Ken nodded furiously and then mumbled, “Do you want to ask why I want you to have it?”

Shiro gave his own nod and said, “Yes, I do. Your family in your universe has a bone to pick with NERV’s Commander in this one, I take it?”

The boy answered with another nod and mumbled again, “Yes, we do. Mind if I pull out a gadget from my jacket and show you what you need to know?”

Shiro frowned suspiciously and said, “Sure. I somehow doubt you have a mind control device in your pocket, otherwise, you’d have used it already…”

------

The first thought Shiro had as Ken showed him his new and shiny smartphone was, If I get proprietary rights to produce this technology, I can make millions.

Then Ken turned on the ‘App’ that showed videos in unrivaled quality despite the small size of the screen and showed him The Truth, or rather, a documentary claiming to show such.

Shiro Tokita could not believe his lack of disbelief in what he was being shown. NERV was doing what on behalf of what to do what?! Were they really gambling with Humanity’s future in such a self-absorbed, self-important way?!

Ugh, it made his head hurt, and his next words were to summarize what exactly he had been told in hopes of making it less ridiculous.

"So NERV is acting under orders of a conspiracy named SEELE to use the Evangelions to defeat the 'Angels', whom they woke up so that they can use Angelic tech to merge all Human Souls into one entity and that will allegedly guarantee utopia," It all sounded absurd, same for Ken having teleported in two cardboard bowls of popcorn while they were watching.

Cheddar Cheese, Shiro thought as he chewed on the treat, watching Ken, who had changed seats to sit by his side. The boy nodded as though he was capable of dealing with this new world of intrigues on his own. Well, not entirely on his own, this insert had revealed that he had sought Shiro as an ally in rescuing 'this universe' - a telling set of terms - from the perils of 'Instrumentality'.

"Who are you working with? Your father, an adult version of Unit-01’s Pilot, Shinji Ikari?" this was his next question.

"Technically yes, but Dad will be angry if he finds out I used the Teleporter without his knowledge. I hoped to get your help and pass you the blueprints before he catches -"

Ken then noticed that his smartphone had been vibrating for the last five minutes. The boy put it on speaker, and a voice, clearly an adult male's, called out, "Ken Illustrious Ikari, back to your Universe this instant!"

The boy gave a loud 'eep!', got up while holding his popcorn bowl, then bowed deeply in front of him before saying, "Sorry, Mr. Tokita - I have to go now! I'll try and get back as soon as possible with the relevant files, though; sorry!"

Then he said, somewhat respectfully, “Do I have your permission to go?”

Shiro stared at Ken with an almost glare and said in an arch tone, “I am not such a bad man that I’m keeping a kid away from his father. Especially when his father is going to give him a scolding. But I’m keeping the smartphone until you get back, got it? Bring your parents, too.”

Ken nodded again, and Shiro decided to throw the chastened kid a bone.

“For all it’s worth, you showed some steel in coming to me - A reminder not to be complacent,” his tone was warm, relaxed, sincerely wanting to be friends. “I’m sorry for scaring you.”

The boy frowned, then smiled and bowed deeply before saying, “Thanks. And I am a fan of your works… Including my world’s version of the Jet Alone 2.”

And with that, he teleported out in another flash of red light.

Shiro Tokita finished the last of the popcorn after that.

giodan, Peter77 and Akuma-Heika like this.