1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering for Fun and Profit (Worm!Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Devilshadow98, Dec 29, 2017.

Loading...
  1. Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Week of Rest 3.2

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 15/20 PP: 0


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier


    Active Powers: - Healing Hand Exp 5/50
    Inactive Powers: Gravity Rush


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [X]Taylor, is this kind of what you look like? Why can't actually see you directly.

    Spoiler

    'Yes, it's not the most realistic drawing, but all the important things are there.' She barely concentrated on responding, as she waited for them to respond to her question.

    [X] Tell him that she can make new power based on other parahuman she meet.
    [X]It would be best to not speak about the voices in your head (Somebody said butcher/the fairy queen?).


    "I am a Trump" Seeing the look of confusion in her father face Taylor explained better. "A cape whose power effect other powers. I can create and upgrade a number of powers, mostly by drawing inspiration from other capes."

    Her father seemed to become worried after hearing that. "That sound like a very strong power Taylor. I may not be very knowledgeable about capes in general, but it seems a lot like Eidolon's. I think we should go to the PTR as soon as possible, so that we can have them help you figure out this."

    Taylor almost said yes, before remembering what the Chat about. "I'm am still not sure if I want to join the Protectorate, dad."

    Seeing her father frown after hearing that, Taylor quickly clarified. "It's not that I want to be a villain or join a gang, I just want to be sure I know my options before committing anything."

    [Roll: 48 + 10 (Born Lucky) = 58

    Her father seemed torn, but in the end he conceded. "Yes, maybe it's better if we browse your options. It's just that I think I'm a bit over my head, so many things happening at once, I can barely concentrate on something."

    "Dad, I know this sound difficult, but I'm sure we'll survive. We are tough." She said playfully punching him in the arm. He seemed to lighten up a bit before starting to laugh.

    [Relationship Increased. Gained 'Prediction' Shard X 2

    "Yeah, we'll undoubtedly survive since I'll be helping you." He didn't seem to notice that his daughter shocked expression started before he made his announce. "Since I am a parahuman too."

    <<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Autor note's: So first day back to school + not having slept enough + an afternoon of shopping = a giant headache. Who knew ?

    I'd like to thank Kejmur to help me come up with Danny's power.

     
    dogbertcarroll likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: Week of Rest 3.3
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Week of Rest 3.3

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 3 Exp 5/30 PP: 1


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%


    Active Powers: - Healing Hand Exp 15/50
    Inactive Powers: Gravity Rush


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    Shards:
    2 X 'Prediction'


    [X] OOHHHH! Interesting!!! We knew that Danny had the potential to trigger and that because he didn't you got the Queen Admin Shard instead, in the original timeline. We didn't not realize that because we are an alternate source of power he could retain that shard. Did he maybe trigger during your Coma? Also, as you are younger you are in danger of becoming a sidekick XD

    [X] That would probably be Queen Administrator.
    [X] If it is the big feature of his power is likely to be some form of nerve Jacking with near unlimited multitasking. For example controlling all rats in an area.
    [X] We might even be able to get you your bugs through him. By far the most common power for you and Lung never appreciates it.

    [X] Guys it's called prediction, I'm thinking its QA'S take on precogging, probably lets you peek at multiple timelines like some sort of coil Simurgh hybrid.

    [X] On the subject of joining the Protectorate, it behooves us to mention that Coil is a PRT consultant by the name of Thomas Calvert. Who positions himself to be Director Piggot's replacement.


    As the voices all started to speak over each other, Taylor felt a pang of panic at the fact that they seemed surprised by the situation, but tried to look at the bright side. 'It's nice to see I'm not the only one freaking out about this.'

    Still her father was giving her the time to process this revelation, not pressing her to talk. Taking a deep breath she asked him. "Since when did you get powers ?"Seeing father's expression darkend, she quickly added. "If you want to talk about it."

    He shook his head and looked her in the eyes. He was silent for a moment before replying. "When the hospital called to tell me what happened." He was shaking as he looked away form her. "They said you were in very bad conditions. It reminded me too much of when they called me for your mother."

    Taylor paled as she thought of that. Her father had already been hit hard by the death of her mother. She didn't want to consider what would happen to him if she was to die. Trying to shift the focus of the conversation, Taylor said the first thing that came to her mind. "So, what can you do ?"

    He seemed grateful to be given something else to focus on, so he took the opportunity. "I can feel danger, I think. It's like, this weird impulses I get. They started the other day and they don't seem to be going away. I was able to tell that a step of the stair was rotten and that it would break in a week. That if I went one way instead of the other on the way to the hospital I would avoid a lot of pain. And that if I drank the milk tomorrow it would have gone bad and I would have gotten an indigestion." He seemed a lot more pleased about the last one then the others.

    Still it was a relief for Taylor. She was worried that becoming a hero would put her father in danger, but with this power he would be able to handle himself. As the conversation continued they decided to wait till the weekend the start looking into the protectorate. They spent the afternoon together, watching some movies and having a good time.

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    As Taylor entered her room after lunch a bunch of messages started to poop up.

    [ + 10 Exp
    [ Gained a Level. Gained a Perk Point.
    [ As the first interaction whit a new parahuman you are granted a special deal. Exchange 1 X 'Prediction' Shard for either:

    [Perk 'Danger Sense (General)': A general danger sense. Not accurate enough to be of any help in combat, it allow to more easily evade or search for encounters.

    [Power 'Weaken Precog': A weak Stranger ability that allow to be ignored by most mid-level precog. It only work if the power is not directly focused on you.


    'Ok, we are going to need to focus on a few things. First we work out the upgrades, then we talk about whether or not to join the Protectorate.'

    'I'd say for perks we can either go for Improved Mathematics or Good Night of Sleep, altought I would be more at ease with an healing ability. Or we can wait a level and go for Hammerspace. Even if I can't use It in combat it would be handy as a place to hide my eventual gear, but it can wait.'

    'Regarding the power, we should go for the perk. I think we can recreate the power using the other shard left and we don't have a slot where to put a power anyway, so I would have to around without a power capable to defend me until I hit level 10.'

    'What do you think?'
     
  3. Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Week of Rest 3.4

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 3 Exp 5/30 PP: 1


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%


    Active Powers: - Healing Hand Exp 15/50
    Inactive Powers: Gravity Rush


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky, Good Night of Sleep, Danger Sense.

    Spoiler: Inventory


    [X] Don't ask me, I'm just here to watch your life. Remember, we see EVERYTHING you see. Good luck taking a shower with your eyes closed! :)

    [x] actually we don’t see everything you see, we often skip inconsequential parts like you walking home or preparing for the day. We’re a simulated SFW forum, so anything NSFW you do is censored for us.

    [X] Unfortunately the censoring only really goes one way, you're stuck with our depraved mutterings going straight to your brain unfiltered.

    [X] since we are on topic lets get the legal spiel out of the way. MindForum holds no liability for mental issues including, but not limited to: Perversion, confusion, anger, gradual changes in gender orientation, addiction to memes, sudden desire to physically assault beings that do not exist in your reality, nausea, and mental trauma inflicted from knowledge of the future and/or witnessing beings beyond user's ability to comprehend. Thank you for choosing us as your ^$%#&@ provider.


    Taylor, while happy knowing that at least she wasn't being watched in the shower, couldn't help but be worried that they had a legal spiel. 'Who was even going to represent me as a lawyer in a inter-dimensional court case ?'

    -Meow-

    Looking to her side, Taylor had to make a double take at the sight before her. Rubbing her eyes, than pinching her arm to make sure she wasn't dreaming, she was forced to accept the situation was really happening. Kat, dressed in suit and tie, a briefcase floating to the side, was holding out what could only be a business card.

    Cat Lawyers - Object to everything since 8͢£̴̢/̵́͢3̧̕͠͝4̶̢̀5̢͡$͏̢̕҉4̷̴3̶̵̵/̵̨͘͝͝6̛́͘͞


    Taking a huge breath, Taylor pocketed the card, smiled, and than made her best to forget this ever append.

    [x] Try to exchange 2 shards for both the perk and power who knows it might work because of our "Born Lucky" perk

    Taylor guessed trying couldn't hurt. "I'd like to exchange my two 'Prediction' shard to gain both perk and power."

    [ Action not available. Please choose one exchange.


    'That's a no.'

    [X] As far as a the deal goes I'd like to go with both, but the wording might indicate we only get one, in which case yeah perks are better.

    [X] As far as 'normal' perks go I'm not certain math works for us right now, I mean its good but gravity seems to be more shaker than blaster, and healer is a touch power, and odds are prediction shards will net thinker or stranger powers, so ranged accuracy isn't a huge issue as far as I can tell... for now anyway.

    [X] Id suggest sleep or focus (computers/computer programming). Sleep because it might save your arse from some of the meaner power tricks out there, and computer focus because being a peak human or super human programmer is just bullshit.


    'I'm more comfortable knowing that I can heal, so I'll take Sleep first. And Danger Sense.'

    [ Perk gained Good Night of Sleep.
    [ Perk gained Danger Sense.

    'With this out of the way, I guess we should decide our goals.' Said Taylor, sitting comfortably and petting Kat. 'I know our long term objective is to kill... Scion, fuck I still can't believe it.' She focused for a while on petting the cat, before returning to her last train of thought.

    'Still you aren't sure of the exact date it is going to happen, so we can file it as future goal.'

    'In the meantime there are many things that we can do: capture the gangs and free the city from their grasp, defeat Nilbog, kill the Nine. But for all of these we are missing something.'

    'Powers. I'm not strong enough to do any of those things, so we are going to have to hunt for more powers. I already thought of some:'

    *Super strength and durability: Easy enough, It's one of the more common powers.
    *Some kind of tinker: Also pretty common.
    *Super Speed: Velocity is the closest one.
    *Lung's Power
    *Teleportation: Even though I'm not sure I could take Oni Lee as I am. Maybe later.

    'Any ideas ?'
     
    dogbertcarroll likes this.
  4. Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Week of Rest 3.5

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 3 Exp 5/30 PP: 0


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%


    Active Powers: - Healing Hand Exp 15/50
    Inactive Powers: Gravity Rush


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky, Good Night of Sleep, Danger Sense.

    Shards:
    2 X 'Prediction'


    [X] You need to be in contact with capes. How about you sneak into Arcadia? Just find some decent clothes and walk around until you meet them in their civilian identity.
    [X] Actual Super Strength and durability not linked to an exceedingly obvious Changer effect is kind of rare in this city. You've got Aegis for adrenaline rushes and 100% self destructive use of muscle mass along with super biological redundancy, Triumph for some minor physical durability and recovery, Manpower, and Glory Girl's Forcefield of -5 against Double Taps. Assault and Battery can fake it in different ways as part of their Breaker/Striker/whatever the heck we're supposed to call it package, likewise probably Krieg. Dauntless could work as long as you don't mind waiting a month to power up. Browbeat, if he exists yet and you can remember him after this conversation could also work, and maybe open up the power you got from Panacea if they combine.
    [X]How about we don't test the security at the Wards school when trying to bring Shadow Stalker to justice when there's an Empath among our targets.


    'Yeah, best avoid someone that can sense me scheming from a distance. That's beside the point that if we approach them at school only to gain their power, it could taint any future interaction with them. Probably the best way to start with the is at a Meet-and-Greet or something similar.'

    [X] Or. . . She could just call Panacea and ask to hang out? Maybe walk her home and say hi to the rest of the family?

    'I barely know her well enough. Yes, we talked a little, but if I asked her to meet her family she would see me as a fan and refuse. I should try to know her a little better before doing anything.'

    [x] go healer. This is almost risk free, as long as you stay out of fights and work as a nurse, not as a medic.
    Separate identity for your healer and fighter is a good idea as well, as this would make people likely to think you’re doing it for selfish reasons, and thus will be more inclined to trust you. An exception to this should be Panacea, you can tell her if you want to. You need a friend and so does she.
    [x] I previously mentioned how you could make money on this while still being a charity, spend some time doing charity work, and spend some time doing payed work.
    [x] As a healer, the protectorate will really want you to join them. They will try to introduce you to their wards, and make you be friends with them to encourage join, or at least a close working relationship. Perfect for picking up shards.
    [x] I recommend going to Parian and ask for a starter costume and explain my business model, most people would probably trust it, and so I think you can talk her into “loaning” a costume until you can make some money. It is important that you make a good first impression on everyone, and a good costume goes a long way for that.


    [x] I know I may seem excessive in my nagging about this, but until you decide on how to cape or tell all of us that you’re not going cape’ing at all, I’ll keep nudging you towards healer.
    [x] we have four problems right now, lack of

    • Allies (dad might be enough, but probably not)
    • Money, (to found both the team, and the lawsuit.)
    • Powers (parahuman interactions)
    • Recognition from the public
    'I can understand starting as an healer, but....' She stopped a moment thinking of how to explain her problem. 'I think we should level up Healing Hand a bit before starting. I don't know you, but on my side it doesn't say anything on what the upgrades could be. If I say I can't create mass, and than show that I can, it would rise suspicions. So for a little at least we should wait, see what it can do, and them start as a cape.'

    [x] Go see those mercenary people (faultline?) They could have some useful stuff.


    [x] Almost assuredly, fault line and co have an excellent selection of powers to gather shards from. Probably one of the best mixes in the bay that doesn't involve vista + anything. Problem is they probably won't appreciate having their time wasted. They're mercs. One you get some spare scratch from healing you should hire them to 'bodyguard' you and take that chance to gather shards.

    'I don't think there's a right way to approach them now. I don't have money, I don't have any job for them, I'm too young to enter their club and I don't want to join them. Yeah, maybe I can contact them as bodyguard, but I don't know their rates or anything on how to contact them. Again, an option for the future.'

    'The point is that I don't have any money, no contacts, only a vague idea on what my powers do, and overall no clue on what to do. So we start with a plan on what to do tomorrow.'

    [X] Test powers. At least for Gravity Rush, I think I can convince my father to let me use some of the disused warehouse he have access to.
    [X] Search for a costume. I don't have much, but I can buy something simple to start with.
    [X] Call Amy and see if she's free for the evening.
    [X] Search for any Protectorate sponsored event with heroes, look at informations with the tours.
     
  5. JD.Forums

    JD.Forums Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2018
    Messages:
    106
    Likes Received:
    108
    Good story so far but your missing a bunch of thread marks!
     
Loading...