1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering for Fun and Profit (Worm!Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Devilshadow98, Dec 29, 2017.

Loading...
  1. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.1
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Story Only Thread

    Cross-Posting on Spacebattle


    Initiating Operations 1.1

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 0 Exp 0/5

    Status: Sleeping
    Health: 100%


    Power: -

    ?????: ?????

    Darkness.

    As you slowly wake up you can feel the rough blanket rubbing against your skin and the maybe-once-confortabile mattress, even as you wince from the discomfort of moving again after sleeping in such conditions.

    [Look around
    [Get back to sleep
    [Write in
     
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,338
    Likes Received:
    58,436
    [X] Look around
     
  3. ShadowStepper1300

    ShadowStepper1300 I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2016
    Messages:
    712
    Likes Received:
    1,930
    [X] Look around
     
  4. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.2
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.2

    [X] Look around

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 0 Exp 0/5


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%


    Power: -

    ?????: ?????

    You can fell your neck popping as you lift the bedsheet off of you and try to figure out where you are. Without your glasses you can't focus on any detail, but it look like a normal hospital room. Single bed, a pair of curtains covering the windows... as unremarkable as they come. By your left there's a dresser with some flowers on top and on your right there is a IV and... a...

    You try to cross your legs, only to shiver at the feeling of the tube inside your.. 'I Must Not Think About It, I Must Not Think About It, I Must Not Think About It'. You furrow your brows in an effort to think of something else. 'Bunnies, Bunnies running in a field, eating grass, roasting on the sun, playing in the river, the river that come from the tube, the tube, the tube in my...'." Argh, It's not working" You yell, frustrated.

    You resist the temptation of running away, knowing you would simply make a mess, but that doesn't really leave you any options to stop thinking about it 'Why would they even need to put it There, I'm perfectly fin..... Why am I here?' That stop you cold, a feeling of dread rising in your stomach, as you think of why would you be in an hospital bed.

    As far as you could recall you were at school, having just finished a period, going to your locker to take some books when you opened it, it, it was Rot, B-Blood, Tampons, Bugs crawling on my skin, in my mouth, Mouth, Blood in my Mouth. As you regained control of yourself you are bended in half, trying to empty an already vacated stomach. It was all you could do to try and focus again on your room, anything not to think about...And than you saw it.

    A Letter.

    It was obvious now that you were watching it, even if it passed completely unnoticed in your previous scan. As for why it was obvious... You could see it. Even thought, without your glasses, you could barely distinguish the various petals of the cheap looking bouquet beyond the Letter, half a meter away from you, you could see it's every details. It was made with a fine paper, you could tell it was pricey just by looking at it's aged papyrus-like exterior with golden borders, it's wax seal, representing a grinning smile and you could even see the cracks in the wax, and the cracks in the cracks and then.............

    You looked away before being dragged too deep into the cracks. Even as the Letter remained in your thought you wondered what to do?

    [X] Write in.
     
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. swarm

    swarm Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    May 1, 2016
    Messages:
    1,368
    Likes Received:
    558
    So is this dead now?
     
    Oniele likes this.
  6. Oniele

    Oniele Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2017
    Messages:
    444
    Likes Received:
    1,383
    Nope, it seems to be hosted more actively in SB.
     
  7. Biigoh

    Biigoh Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    20,338
    Likes Received:
    58,436
    [X] Glasses first, then read the letter.
     
  8. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.3
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.3

    [X] Bite the bullet (not literally) and read the letter. Something is definitely off about it. But oh so tempting.

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 0 Exp 0/5


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%


    Power: -

    ?????: ?????


    I bite my lips trying to gather all my courage. I needed to investigate, despise the fact that something was obviously wrong about the Letter. It was certainly some kind of power, but why somebody may want to send me a power-infused Letter was beyond me. As i tried to reach it I noticed that my arm was feeling very weak, and that I didn't know how long has been since the locker. A day, a week, all those problems and all this worries immediately faded away as I touched the Letter.

    Status changed from (Normal) To (Mastered)

    As I opened the envelope, I felt an unnatural softness as I reached inside and withdraw the Letter. It looked like a normal piece of paper but it felt soo much more. Intricate geometrical shapes danced and twisted all over, but I was able to see writing hidden in the chaotic patterns.

    To Miss Lady Madama Taylor Hebert

    You are the lucky winner of our extraction for the power to change your destiny.
    We cannot stress enough how fortunate it is for you to be selected, as you were competing with an infinite number of alternative versions of yourself.
    As such you will be granted the occasion to obtain power, wealth and love, starting by getting your very own Power.

    Introductions are in order though, so I'll start by my company, The Devilshadow.inc
    A company built by eldritch abomination, for eldritch abomination, The Devilshadow.inc has furnished the homes, temples and sunken cities of all abominations that have grow bored of omnipotency and are longing for the good old day when you were able to go buy bread without starting a dozen world-ending cults, providing all our clients with that feeling of normality they seek so much. Since our founding during the Night of Unspeakable Horror, amongst our most famous products there are........


    Taylor stared dumbly at the text, the weight of the message sinking in. As the text kept on going about the various products and sales going on she couldn't help but wonder if she'll need to pay an extra to skip the advertisement. It finally ended with a message that didn't make any sense.

    But, as I said,introductions are in order, so , Say hello to Taylor chat.
     
  9. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.4
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.4

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 0 Exp 0/5


    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%


    Power: -

    ?????: ?????

    [X] "Hello Taylor Anne Hebert. Nice to meet you. I can't speak for the rest of us, but I'll try to help you achieve your goals, while doing my best not to break your mind."


    Taylor spun around, trying to locate the speaker, only to find myself still alone in the room.

    [X] "Do not respond verbally to the voices in your head. You are still sane. We're crazy. But we can help. Probably.
    -[X] "...Some of us might not be very helpful."


    'Oh God there are voices in my head, I'm going crazy, maybe I'm in a coma or... it's all fault of that letter!!!'. As the lanky girl finished that thought, new world made themself clear on the Letter

    You offend us Lady, we worked hard deciphering human psychology as to avoid damaging you.
    You may be depressed, socially crippled and borderline suicidal, but none of those are our fault.


    'I can feel the love already' she thought bitterly

    Sarcasm, Fantastic!!!. We don't have to worry about forcing you to cope.
    Anyway, Introductions. This is the Chat, they'll be your source of advices, bad ideas, and cheap jokes.

    [X] Write in advices, bad ideas, and cheap jokes.
     
  10. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.5
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.5

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 0 Exp 0/5


    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%


    Power: -

    ?????: ?????


    [X] ...

    [X] Calm down Taylor. You probably have powers and there's a chance we have the interface.
    [X] So don't worry about it too much right now and focus on recovering.


    'I have powers' She thought numbly.

    You don't need to worry about the situation, take a deep breath and focus.


    As she did so new words formed on the paper.

    It's difficult to explain but at the moment you have all the time in the world. So calm down, eat a cookie while I talk with the Chat.


    'What cookie....' In that moment a plate full of the sweet bounty appeared on her lap.

    'Tasty'

    <<<<<<>>>>>>
    [X]*whisper*
    [X]Thinker
    [X]Queen Administrator
    [X] Path to cookie

    You wish.


    [X] help

    Yeah, yeah.... I can hear you.
    Let's make this simple. It's still [Initiating Operations] so we still are in tutorial mode. Both for her and you.
    If you want to talk to Taylor do
    [X] This
    If you want to talk to me do
    ($&£$"=!(/
    $£"()(£$"$%£&"()%) This

    Wait.
    You may be simulations, but you are human simulation, right?
    Bah, damn you three-dimensional creature and your inability to understand Black Speech.

    [Z] This if you want to talk to me.

    Yeah, it should be intuitive enough. When the tutorial stop we'll think of something else.

    So, beyond that some basic rules to follow:

    1. Your goal is to kill space whales. If you kill one, you win.
    2. Yes, we are strong enough to kill them.
    3. No, we won't, that's your job.
    4. As long as it is Initiating Operations we won't be disturbed.
    5. This universe have an higher than normal count of awesome-particles (or funk-planks or reality-rocking or how you want to call them). For the uninitiated they govern how important the rule of cool is. You won't be able to charge the S9 with a pocket knife and win, but it should help you if you are awesome enough.
    6. Taylor is stubborn and has the last decision. You'll need to convince her when she really don't want to do something.
    7. You can send videos as well as songs to Taylor, but be considerate of the situation or I'll revoke the privilege.
    8. I like redemptions so I'm willing to... cut some red tape for one.
    9. Have Fun
    Some personal advice:
    • You should gather some resources before taking on Sofia.
    • Myrddin is a mage.
    • Costa-Brown has a suffocation fetish.
    • 1 is bad, 100 is good.
    • If you want to seduce Imp go as kinky as fucking possible.
    • Purity may help, with both.
     
  11. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.6
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.6

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 0 Exp 0/5


    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%


    Power: -

    ?????: ?????

    [X] ok Taylor some things you need to know
    [X] yes you have powers and we will be figuring out what exactly they are together in the near future.
    [X] we have a lot of out of context knowledge about the past and future examples of things we know are why Emma backstabed you, why the trio always get away with tormenting you, Dragons greatest secret, the key to ending the slaughterhouse nine and so much more.
    [X] naturally we would suggest you resting up before we start going in depth about these things to prevent you from being overwhelmed.

    [x]Hey Taylor. I am a liar.
    [x]You should listen to me too.
    [x]Try to ignore us. We are not real. You have to ignore us. Try to stay real. Don't believe me under any circumstance!
    [x]Oh wait. You can trust me. I am saying the truth.
    [x]Well what do we have here? A lot of voices that believe that they know you. They try to control you.
    [x]What am I saying? You do not exist anymore. I am talking to a controlled puppet.
    [x]So sad. I want Taylor back.

    [X] Scion is not quite the hero that people think that he is. He's just following instructions from a nice guy while he deals with his depression. Once he either deals with it, or gets advice from the wrong person, he'll go on a rampage, destroy all the Earths, gather all the powers he sent out, and leave. Don't worry, there's a group working to deal with this(even if they do believe that anything is justified to prevent the end of the world), and it probably won't happen for at least a couple years at the worst unless something drastically changes. Just letting you know of a long term goal to work towards.



    Upon earing again the voices returning and start spouting nonsense, Taylor looked away from her finished plate of cookies, empty glass of milk and quasa-interesting yellow novel to focus on the Letter. "Are they supposed to make this little sense?"

    Well, it depend on who you ask, I guess.

    As the girl's eyes darkened she was already preparing an angry response. "So now you decide to answer me, after leaving me alone for an hour!!!"

    Technically you are in a time singularity so no-time and all-time have passed.
    And it's all fault of the Chat, they kept on asking for you to calm down.


    Rubbing her forehead she answered "At least now you can start answering my questions like, for example, who is this Chat you keep talking about; What I have a....."
    Her shoulders tensed as her pupils shrank to the size of a needle. "Please tell me that my power isn't having a PHO chat stuck in my brain for the rest of my life." She asked in a voice that implied she was a step away from breaking.

    Please, We would not be so cruel. This is all to help you.
    Let's start from the Beginning. As we said you were extracted to gain to power to change your destiny. How does this relate to us, a multi-versal company whose clientele is mainly comprised of horrors from beyond the veil of space and time?
    Simple, we will be giving you a prototipe of our newest product to test. We call it......... The Gamer.


    "Still didn't respond to any of my questions." Taylor said, waving her hands. " And I mean, what am I supposed to do with The Gamer, join Leet and Über in their next plot to ridicule themself?"

    The Gamer is a power-support structure, a way for a human mind to catalog, control and effectively develop a wide array of powers, skills and many paranormal, supernatural and arcane effects.
    It's capable of turning even the most incapable and useless of peons into a being able to take control of the universe.
    Even if the version we are giving you is far from complete, it should be more than enough to satisfy your every dream, conquer all your goals and defeat all your enemies.


    As she read those word, Taylor began to pale "Why would you ever want to create something like that?"

    To make a TV show

    "What?"

    Yeah, couldn't you feel shivers down your spine just by reading that description? Our audience is gonna love it.


    "I've finally gone mad. The bulling got me or Sofia hit me too hard in the head, or I'm dying in a waste filled locket."

    No you aren't. We worked very hard to resurrect you, and this is just insulting on our skills.


    "Can you repeat that?" She said, a sudden murderous air in her attitude.

    You died. We resurrected you. Without us Madison was gonna trigger out of guilt, gain power, and the world would have kept going without you.

    Taylor really looked ready to hit something "Can you take care of the wires?"

    Your body is unable to suffer damage at the moment. Go wild.

    [Un unspecified, rage-filled amount of time later.]

    Better?

    "Better" Taylor said, retaking her place in the bed, as the tubes and sensors returned at their places. "I'll... just deal with this later. There are more important things at the moment."

    Yes. Regarding the Chat, it's a rush-job used to replace the systems that would normally allow you to be unfazed by situations like this.
    A simulation hosted in one of our Moon Cell type supercomputers, it's un entire universe programmed down to the sub-atomic level. In this universe exist a site called Spacebattles and, within that site, there is the Chat. By using human responses to calm you down and guide you, it will allow you to function at peak efficency even under stress.


    "An entire universe, simulated just as a substitute?"

    If you ask me the programming department was feeling lazy and run a pre-existing simulation twice, but that's the gist of it.

    A long silence followed before Taylor was able to free her hand by her forehead.
    "Now what?"

    Now we pass onto the next part of our tutorial, the powers.

    [You gained 5 exp
    [You gained a level
    [You gained a Perk Point

    [Perk Point spent to gain (Basic power set)

    "A power?" Asked Taylor, suddenly "But you said this 'gamer' thing was my power?"

    Yes, and the Gamer allows you to gain new powers in certain situations. Your powers are only active if placed in a power slot, and you gain a new power slot every ten levels.
    Pretty simple. Now, the Chat has been place in control of the finer working of the system, so this will be the first situation in which they will talk things over with you to make a decision.

    Now vote

    [X] Basic Brute
    [X] Magical Mover
    [X] Boiling Blaster

     
  12. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.7
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.7

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 1 Exp 0/10

    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%

    Power: -

    Perks: ?????

    [X] Magical Mover X 6

    [X] Basic Brute


    "Uh, it look like Mover is a win, I guess."

    We are still missing your vote to finish.

    "It's a five votes difference even in the best case. I don't feel like my decision would matter much."

    This is your power Taylor. You don't need to follow the Chat to death if you don't want to. If you feel like something is wrong you can always argue against it.


    "I'd like to hear their reasoning before choosing."

    -[X] What?! Why is everybody looking at me like I'm an idiot? Don't you know when you have the chance to choose your first power you go for one that increases your chances of surviving? Sure, we're talking with the Queen Scalation, but even her made a spider-silk costume before going to fight crime!
    -[X] Also, think of the bullying! A mover type power will help Taylor inside of school how? At least being a Brute means that she won't be hurt when Sophia do something to hurt her, and it will also help Taylor with developing her awesome self-control to not go Carrie on the trio.


    "And for the others?"

    That's all for now. You must understand that communication between you, me and them is happening on three separated timelines so a bit of cut and editing is needed to make a coherent conversation.


    "How can I make this choice with only two words for each power, I need more information."

    Ask and you'll be given.

    Basic Brute: The old reliable. Two third of a balanced Alexandria Package, it grant super-strength and durability. Boring but practical, it's a solid choice for beginners.

    Magical Mover: All you need to be a magical girl, it gives flight, a long range attack and that bit of hompf to surprise your enemies, only missing a transformation sequence. May include adorable animal companion.

    Boiling Blaster: An offence is the best defence. Concentrate all your option in a ranged power of notable impact.


    "Only this much information, uh?" She said whit a shake of the head. " From what I see and from what they say, brute may help me survive but as far as the bulling go it wouldn't be of much help. If I became suddenly invincible the Trio would notice pretty soon. Mover may help me to dodge hits, and both it and blaster would allow me to avoid getting hurt in the first place."

    "You said that i could gain other powers, right? I should be able to get something before that 'end-of-the-world' thing They told me before, no? Maybe I should hear from them again."


    Keep voting

    [X] Basic Brute X 1
    [X] Magical Mover X 6
    [X] Boiling Blaster

    <<<<<>>>>>


    [Z] Yes, I mean it for both Taylor and SBS to be able to read my message. I'm counting on Taylor, a utilitarian cookie that she is, will see my reasoning and ignore the multiple voices telling her to do something I don't agree.

    I can always read your messages. And I can hear your thoughts. Yes, even that. Also that. I know what you did to that poor pony.

    Anyway I'm growing bored. You know how many strings of thoughts you can take of your hive-mind to play Mario Kart 8 on local multiplayer? Only four!
    I know, incredible isn't it, how Nintendo is always unconcerned with the needs of us Overminds, simply terrible.

    To the point, since I'm free at the moment I'm going to answer all those juicy questions you have been waiting to ask.

    How far from canon are we?

    Where are Triumph and Dauntless right now?

    Do Miss Militia wear star and stripes panties or red, white and blue while in costume?

    All you need to do is ask.

     
  13. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1.8
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.8

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 1 Exp 0/10

    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%

    Power: -

    Perks: ?????

    [X] Magical Mover X 7

    [X] Basic Brute

    [X] Boiling Blaster

    [X] Well lets see how the powers pros and cons
    Basic Brute:
    Pros: Easy to use, hard to take down, easily underestimated
    Cons: Lung is in town, doesn't make you faster, people will hit hard since you can take it

    Magical Mover:
    Pros: Makes you a magical girl, gives you a blaster rating, flight, easier to dodge attacks since you are moving fast
    Cons: Makes you a magical girl, people will not take you seriously, PHO

    Boiling Blaster:
    Pros: Range, there are less villeins with blaster powers in Brockton Bay then with Brute power, can change temperature and power
    Cons: I can't think of any cons

    [x] Taytay! Being able to move at any place you want is a strategical advantage! But being a glass cannon has its own perks.

    Kill them. Kill them all!


    "I Can see your point on the blaster but at the same time the most votes went to the mover power. If I was to consider what I'll need as a hero Mover give me both a way to get around the city while searching for crime, a way to avoid getting hit, and a way to hit back. For both brute and blaster I would need a way to get around, and if I was forced to go out on my bike I would die of shame against the first criminal I meet. And I survived this long at school, I'll live for a while longer." She nodded and then looked at the letter. "I'll take Magical Mover."

    The complex motifs on the Letter started to shift, faster and faster, forming first impressions, specks of color and the Nothing. The emptiness of space, dotted by points of light, nebulas, and entire galaxies, all in an infinite extension, breath-taking to see. Till It wasn't. As Taylor moved her head she noticed that she still was in her hospital bedroom, only that on her legs, in stark contrast to everything else there was a patch of the night skies, perfectly clear and beautiful to see. And then it moved, in a manner surprisingly similar to an animal. Now that she paid more attention she could notice that this sky had a tail, and two ears, and that it looked weirdly similar to a....

    *Meow*

    "What?"

    [Perk gained (Familiar (Star Cat))
    [Power gained (Gravity Rush)


    [Gravity Rush Lv 1 Exp 0/20
    A power centred around the manipulation of the force of gravity, it allow the user a large amount of skills
    *Flight: Allow the user to fly by altering one's own gravitational field. Can go in any direction at a fixed speed, for up to two minutes before recharging for 30 seconds. Can be used to walk on wall.
    *Gravity Grip: Can surround up to 3 item smaller than the user in a gravity field to carry them. They can then be thrown at enemies or they can be set down.
    *Gravity Kick: A guided attack capable to inflict great damage by flinging the user at the enemy.
    [Gravity Rush set in Power slot 1


    As she read the description of her new power a wide grin spread across her face. 'There's soo much I could do with this.' Wondering on the possible uses for her new power, she missed as the cat moved to touch her arm with his nose. Jumping a bit at the unexpected contact, a smile spread across her face as she realized who it was. "What am I going to do with you?". She spoke aloud, moving to scratch the little thing. To her surprise he felt almost like a real cat, despite his unreal appearance, fluffy and hot. "I'm going to need a name for you. Any idea from you guys?"

    .............As she waited for an answer she decided to try out her ability. Focusing on her bedside table, she found that watching it she could feel some king of 'mental trigger'. Deciding to flip it, she yelped as the bedside was covered by a purple field and started to float. 'wooah, this is amazing.'she thinked exited, only to flinch as the flower pot slide down the side and crashed into the ground with a loud crash, that made the cat in her lap jump and hiss. "Sorry, sorry, let me just..." She tried to set down the table only to have it throw and destroyed against the wall. 'Fuck, fuck, fuck; I just hope I don't have to pay for it.' Despite her worries as she blinked she found the table at his place, complete with intact pot. It take her only a moment to realize who did it. "Thank you."

    No problem.

    [x]I will give Tailor some advice for the future:

    [x]After this you should tell your dad about your powers.
    [x]Maybe he can help you to make the right choice.

    [x]Beware of anyone that wants to employ you.
    [x]Expect the worst.
    [x]I believe you will get other powers too.
    [x]No you can't attack your tormentors.
    [x]Get a costume that looks like normal clothing, but hides your features.

    [x]Cellphone will do nicely.
    [x]Everyone here wants you to kill.
    [x]Nobody should make you a murderer, you have to decide this for yourself.
    [x]Should they tell you "facts", don't take them without caution.
    [x]Only my advice is the right advice
    [x]Right now you should definitely choose a new power. This is a right decision. Do it now. NOW!
    [x]End this suffering!
    [x]Destiny is a joke and subliminal messages bring you hope.


    "I see, not what i asked but...." She shake her head, as she wasn't going to use her powers on her bullies, they weren't worth the attention it would bring on her. For her dad.... maybe she could tell him after going out for a couple of times, to show him she could handle herself. As for the phone thougth she couldn't see why, it wasn't like she had anybody to call anyway.

    Waiting for an answer she lost herself on the thought of her new powers.

    [X]Insert name for the cat


    <<<<<<>>>>>>

    So the next chapter will be the last of the prologue so I will retreat into my cave and leave the reins to you guys. For our last vote together I will answer 3 questions on the nature of this universe. Up to 3 question per vote.

    [X]Who is the greatest threat for Taylor.

    [X]Where to get a Stranger power? (No question allowed for other powers)

    [X]How to most efficiently kill Scion.

    [X]How to gain powers.

    [X]Easiest grind method.

    [X]Difference between powers and perks.


    [X]Do Miss Militia wear star and stripes panties or red, white and blue while in costume?

    [X]Write in.

     
  14. Threadmarks: Initiating Operations 1 Epilogue
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Initiating Operations 1.Epilogue

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 1 Exp 0/10

    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%

    Power: - Gravity Rush Lv 1

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat)

    [x]Yo why don't we name the cat Tiger?
    [x]Of course we also can name it Scratchy.
    [x]Under no circumstance something cute cause this will be a strong fight cat.

    [X] Call him Dog or Cat

    [X] Call Cat Jeffery its a good name. No Wait Tom.

    [X]Kyubey

    [X] Schroedinger Space cat with box.


    "What do you think, hearing anything you like?" Said Taylor to the furry familiar, only to receive a confused head-tilt from the fluffy feline. "So you can't hear them, uh? I'll trie some names then. What do you think about Tiger? Scratchy? Jeffery? Tom?" Having only received shake of the head for any of the more serious options, she decided to resort to the more... unorthodox options. "Dog? Schroedinger Space cat with box? Kyubey? Dog? Kat?" The last one got a nod of the head."Really, I mean i don't want to criticize your taste but it seem a little...." She shut up at the look the newly appointed Kat gave her, making two of the stars covering her body lit up a deep red in the place where her eyes should be. "...the greatest idea I've ever heard, pleasedon'thurtme." The cat gave her a last glance before flipping over and landing on the ceiling.

    "Because that is a perfectly normal thing." Pondering on her mental state she glanced at the Letter and asked. "What next, we're gonna have thè with Nilbog?"

    Next you are going back to your life.

    "Already?"

    I explained all the basis, so you and the Chat should be able to figure out the rest.

    "Well, just give me a moment to get read.."

    Now.


    With those last word the Letter dissolved in thin air, leaving nothing behind.

    [Status changed from (Mastered) To (Normal)

    And as the last piece faded away, Taylor suddenly noticed the many thing that were absent before. The sound of traffic in the road below, the smell of the flower in the vase nearby, the rumors of the hospital, the call for nurses, for doctors, the screams of help of joy, coming from all around her. It was certainly an overwhelming sensation for someone to just finding himself in the middle of all this chaos. Covering her head with the blanket, she couldn't help but noticed that she must have been out of it for a while because she didn't smell all that great. Growing more used the sounds, she came out her cover.

    Roll: 88 out 100
    [Unlocked perk (Lucky Start)


    And she heard the door opening. Looking up, she couldn't help but gape as the sight before her.

    Panacea, one of the most famous healer in the world, stood there in her costume consisting of a white robe with various red crosses all over and a hood that left her face exposed. It was an abnormality in the hero community, usually concerned to keep one's identity as mysterious as possible, to be this carefree to showing her features, but her and her family/team of New Wave were part of a failed unmasking movement that really never take off, and now it was something they couldn't take back. But that wasn't the most surprising part, oh no, the real shocker was when, after failing to take notice of Taylor, she started to bring a cigarette on her lips. 'Holy shit, Panacea smokes.' The healer was oblivious even as she started to move for the window, only to realise she was being watched as she was halfway trough.

    Her eyes widened in surprise, as she hastily tried to hide the prof of the crime, only to give up as she realized she was busted."Uhmmm, sorry to intervene, I... the schedule said that you were supposed to be asleep till tomorrow at least, soo..." She awkwardly tried to make her way to the door." Sorry to... I'll just.. call a nurse and......"

    "Wait!" She found yourself scream. Only when the white dressed hero looked at you, you noticed you didn't know what to say. 'Help guys'

    [Tell her to stay here.

    [Tell her she could help you.

    [Write in.

    <<<<<<>>>>>>

    [X]How to gain powers. X 4

    You gain powers by spending shards. Shards are gained by interacting with other parahuman.

    [X]How to most efficiently kill Scion. X 2

    Sic the cat on him. Everyone know that Star Cats eat space whales. You just have to motivate hi-pffffffhahahahahahhaahahahHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, you are never going to get that cat to do shit.

    Options that you can actually hope to accomplice are to burn him out. If you can't hope for a direct confrontation, and you don't want to go Khepri then the best idea is to hit him in his weak points. The only weak point you know of is the fact that he has limited reserves of power. By forcing him to spend more energies you kill him in a war of friction.

    Or you could try divide Scion from the Warrior entity, since Scion is only a projection but is the source of the angst for the death of Eden, by dividing the two you can hope in a different reaction by the entity.

    [X]Who is the greatest threat for Taylor.
    [X]Easiest grind method.
    [X]Difference between powers and perks
    [X]Where to get a Stranger power? (No question allowed for other powers)
    [X]Who is the greatest threat for Danny Hebert.
    [X]Do Miss Militia wear star and stripes panties or red, white and blue while in costume?

    It would appear we have a tie soo... D6 for the win. You get a 4 so...

    [X]Where to get a Stranger power? (No question allowed for other powers)

    Winslow High.

    Bonus Question:


    [X]Do Miss Militia wear star and stripes panties or red, white and blue while in costume?

    Trick question. Obviously someone named Miss Militia would go commando. That's just common sense.
     
  15. Threadmarks: SORRY FOR THE DELAY
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    I'm sorry if I left this threat behind on updates but this is my first quest and my first work, so I hope you could understand.

    I'll try to keep this up to date from now on, but I could slip once in a while. If you'd like to vote this link will direct you to my Spacebattle threat were votes are hold.
     
    ShadowStepper1300 and Oniele like this.
  16. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.1
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.1

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 1 Exp 0/10

    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%

    Power: - Gravity Rush Lv 1

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat)

    [X] Show Panacea Kat. It always a good starter to introduce friends.


    'I would if she wasn't on the ceiling. While an interesting conversation-starter, it would bring more questions I would be comfortable while sober.'

    [x] How about you just go to that girl and tell her to shut up. Can't she see that you are completely fine?
    [x] U should be able to simply escape this madness by jumping out of the window and flying away.
    [x] No one will keep us in our bed, tell her that.
    [x] Get away should Panacea attempt to grab you.
    [x] Reach for anything that can be used as weapon
    [x] You have to do this or we will be forced to stay in bed all day.

    [x] Very few know this, but you are a parahuman now.
    [x] In case someone threatens you to go back inside your room:
    [x] Say that you are a parahuman and also that you can do as you please.
    [x] Is the person still willing to force you into the room:
    [x] Try to run over the ceiling to escape until you find a window that can be opened easily and fast, or is already open.
    [x] On your way down you should be as fast as possible since we have a time limit.
    [x] Read this and you know my name.


    'I believe I'll start categorize these as the kind of voices that are borne by no friends and no flute make Taylor go crazy.'

    [x] Taylor, you are in need of friends outside the voices in your head, in fact, so is Amy, or Panacea if you want to be formal. I suggest saying that it’s okay if she stays since she’s obviously on break and that it’s really boring in this room. No need to force a conversation, an awkward silence is better than the silence of loneliness. Don’t forget to get her number when she leaves. If it’s the awkward silence that you share I recommend to get her number with “this was great, we should not talk again sometime, what’s your private number? Don’t worry, I won’t misuse it or share it.” Or something along those lines.

    [X] Panacea will also be a great ally if you manage to strike up a friendship.

    [X] Let the friendshiping commence! Oh shit you weren’t supposed to hear that.

    [X] Ask Panacea to help you. Explain that, indeed, you shouldn't be awake yet if not for recently gained powers. Ask her to be the cover for why you are already awake, but try to not reveal what your power is (the ability to talk with US). If you need to reveal something to gain trust, reveal that you feel that you have a mover power. And truthfully say that you never actually used it, so you don't know much. But, again, only tell your mover power if needed.


    'Friendshiping? Fuck, you guys are a forum aren't you? I'll inform you that I'm happy living my life as a straight woman, thank you very much. Still....acknowledging my power could make her more comfortable, and I suppose at least being gentile with the one doing all to healing can't be a bad idea. Still I can't just yell... wait didn't a part of your brain change when you trigger, I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere so maybe I can...'

    As she refocused on the outside world Taylor couldn't help but noticed that no time seemed to have passed. She really hadn't had a discussion in the normal term, with answers and questions, she just knew what the Chat said and she knew what her responses would be. Still, it wasn't time to focus on something like that, with Panacea just hanging by the door, waiting for her to speak. Gathering her courage she talked. " I'm sorry but I just woke up, could you please check me to see if there's anything wrong, if it's not much of a trouble?"

    The healer seemed to relax as she heard a familiar request, and she reached to Taylor's side, and started touching her patient's arm in a practiced manner. "I'm sorry I just entered without knocking, but, as I said, you were supposed to be out of it for another day at least. Maybe it's better if I see if there's something wrong with...." She stopped as she touched Taylor's skin, her eyes opening in surprise. She immediately tried to return to the conversation as soon as she noticed her slip, but Taylor was faster and jumped at the occasion.

    "Now you know something secret about me and I know something secret about you. You can sit down and we can talk." She notice though that the brunette seem only to tense at her offer. " If you want I mean, I just, was trying to make you comfortable and that was just the first thing to pop up in my mind."

    Panacea seemed to take notice of the agitation in the other girl voice and started to talk, putting up an obviously false smile."It's not a problem, tough usually people are more secretive about their powers. Did you get them recently or you want to try join New Wave?"

    "I think I'm here because I got them. But I would prefer not to talk about it." She said in a shame filled voice.

    The healer cringed as she heard the tone. "I'm sorry I didn't... wait I remember you, I healed you yesterday."

    "I really would prefer not to talk about it."

    "I wasn't going to, it's just that you were pretty messed up, and I'd like to say that I'm sorry."

    "Let's not talk about me. I never heard anything saying that you smoke?"

    "It's not really an habit. At least I try not to turn it into one. I've seen what smoking does to people. I had this packet for nearly an year and I'd like to think that my self control is pretty good." She said taking out a packet of cigarettes from inside her tunic. It was barely half empty. "It's just that today was really stressful."

    "There are too many patients?" Taylor asked.

    "There are always too many patients, I have a waiting list for non critical cases at all times waiting where-ever I go, to do when there all life-or-death situations are handled. Then there is a list for cosmetic cases, a list for out of town patients in need, another list for cosmetic damage from out of town, a whole list dedicated to cancer patients from all over the world, and finally a list for cosmetic, not disfiguring changes. And I'm fine with that. I don't really know how many people there are on each list, nor any specifics. I'm just told were to go and I heal, not all that difficult. But today I had an...." She paused, browns scrunched in concentration. "argument with my mother. It wasn't anything bad but...." She drifted off staring at nothing.

    "I'm guessing It was a bit to much with everything else." Replied Taylor helpfully.

    "Yeah, but I need to get going, I need to find another place to spend my break and call a nurse for you."

    "Wait, if you'd like I would be happy to talk a little to you." Said Taylor.

    Panacea stopped a moment to think.

    [Roll 53 out 100

    And decided it wasn't a bad idea. "Sure." After that the two talked for nearly ten minute of all and nothing, carefully avoiding any spinous subject. The discussion was a bit dry, but it was more from the weight of the preceding conversation that any problems between them. After exchanging suggestions on some books, Panacea decided that it was time for her to go and, after assuring Taylor that she would call a nurse, she started to go.

    "Wait a moment please." The healer stopped and stared at her. Because of this and her anxiety Taylor started to sweat. "I really liked to talk to you, and I'd like to know your phone number, if you'd like to talk to me some more."

    Panacea smiled and she offered her number, only to be surprised to learn that the other girl didn't have one. As she heard a nurse coming Taylor couldn't help but smile. 'She seem like a nice person.'

    [Relationship with Amy Dallon increased to friendly

    [Gained (Shaper Shard X 1)

    [+ 10 Exp

    [Please select power

    [X]Shaper (Self): A basic regeneration that work by increasing cellular activity. Useless against illness, can't regrow limbs or organs, can't create matter.

    [X]Shaper (Other): A basic healing ability that work by increasing cellular activity. Useless against illness, can't regrow limbs or organs, can't create matter.
     
  17. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.2
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.2

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 0/20 PP: 1

    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%

    Power: - Gravity Rush Lv 1 Exp 10/50

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat)

    [X]Shaper (Self) X 5

    [X]Shaper (Other) X 6

    [X] While your survivability is important Taylor... You can't see it, but I'm giving you the EYE... you already have mobility and might be able to fake a brute power with gravity manipulation. Versatility counts, and mobility plus healing has a lot of synergy on top of that. Plus it means that you have a wider margin of error in case gang bangers react poorly to gravity pulses. As much as many of them probably deserve it, people probably frown on wasting random gang members en masse.


    [X]Getting some self healing no matter how limited is down right useful. After all we got crazy people like Hookwolf and Oni Lee running around, should increase our odds of survival, or you could always choose neither and wait and see if getting more charges opens up new options.

    'I see.... If those powers are really able to grow, even to be only similar to the original, I think that a power affecting other would be the best. We have a dozen brutes in the bay, so I'll be able to get another healing factor soon enough, but to have another Panacea would be invaluable.' She nodded her head and spoke up. " Shaper (Other)."

    [Power gained (Healing Hands)

    [Healing Hands Lv 1 Exp 0/50
    A basic healing ability that work by increasing cellular activity. Useless against illness, can't regrow limbs or organs, can't create matter. Can effect as many people as you can touch, heal all damage except those indicated in ten minutes, decreasing the time needed with the intensity of the wounds (ei. The less damage, the faster it finish).

    [Level up.
    [Gained a Perk Point.

    [Available Perks:
    * Good Night of Sleep (Lv 1, 1 Perk Point): You have the best nights of sleep. After getting asleep you enter a suspended animation for 6 hours. After waking up all injuries and negative status effects will be removed, returning as fit as she ever was.
    * Improved Mathematics (Lv 1, 1 Perk Point): Directly from the Number Man's vault, a targeting equation that increase the chances to hit. You will hit most targets without power to evade.
    * Hammerspace (Lv 1, 3 Perk Point): A pocket dimension used to store gear. It can hide content the size and weight usually carried in a backpack. Can't be accessed in combat.
    * Born Lucky (Lv 1, First roll good, 1 Perk Point): You always were lucky. When interacting with other people you gain a +10 modifier for all rolls. Increase chances in game of luck.
    * Focus (Skill) (Lv 1, 1 Perk Point): Grant mastery of a skill. Can be anything from martial arts to hacking to cooking. Will only give a human level of skill.
    * Painless (Lv 1, 1 Perk Point): No negative effects from pain.


    'So perks have different prices and prerequisites, uh.' She shake her head, focusing on the problem. 'Any of these could be of help, but I think the best to start would be Good Night. It's perfect since we didn't get a regeneration power. Or should we wait and see if we can unlock some more useful ones.

    [X] Good Night of Sleep
    [X] Improved Mathematics
    [X] Hammerspace
    [X] Born Lucky
    [X] Focus (Insert skill)
    [X] Painless
     
  18. ShadowStepper1300

    ShadowStepper1300 I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2016
    Messages:
    712
    Likes Received:
    1,930
    Needs a threadmark.
     
  19. Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Thanks, didn't notice.
     
  20. Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.3

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 5/20 PP: 0

    Status: Mastered
    Health: 100%

    Power: - Gravity Rush Lv 1 Exp 15/50
    Power in reserve: -Healing hands.

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat)
    -Born Lucky: You always were lucky. When interacting with other people you gain a +10 modifier for all rolls. Increase chances in game of luck.

    Spoiler: Affordable perks

    [X] Born Lucky
    [X] you are not really that lucky so you should take this also makes it easier when interacting with other humans.

    [X]Focus (Art) would make her rich and we can afford all the Tinker-tech we want. Also a very cool costume if I dare to say so. There is the problem Victor, the cape that steals skills. A bit of risk... might pay off.

    [X] Sooo.... I want to go for Focus (Art). Taylor you might wanna go rouge and pay small sums to visit the PRT as a tourist to get some sweet power ups.


    Thinking back at her past, her mother and the betrayal by Emma, Taylor couldn't help but agree that she needed all the luck she could find. 'If it's just skill that we are after, and I get powers from other capes, wouldn't be simpler to go after Über?'

    As she finished this thoughts the door opened once again.

    [Roll 95
    [+5 Exp


    Letting a rather corpulent nurse pass. "You woke up, very good. I hope that you thanked Panacea for healing you even though she was on break." As the girl assured the woman of her politeness, she pondered on the fact that Amy was willing to cover her up. 'I need to do something nice for her next time I see her.' The nurse left after checking some monitor that was attached to the I.V. in her arm, and assuring that they were going to call for her father, and they would bring her lunch.

    [Skip to home.
    [Stay here.

    Autor Notice: Reduced the price of Hammerspace from 3 to 2 Perk points.
     
    BomeranG and zuopumila like this.
  21. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.5
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.5

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 5/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%

    Power: - Gravity Rush Lv 1 Exp 15/50
    Power in reserve: -Healing hands.

    Spoiler: Affordable perks
    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat)
    -Born Lucky: You always were lucky. When interacting with other people you gain a +10 modifier for all rolls. Increase chances in game of luck.

    [X] Tell him, offer evidence, and tell him that Sophia told you that she didn't have to worries about the police because she had connections. (Lie)
    -[x] If the evidence is your journals then ask that he makes copies and keep them, can't go around "losing" the evidence can we? Not that it would be too conclusive, you could be "deluded" after all.
    -[x] Think of all that the police OR PRT might ask you and think hard, no matter how personal or humiliating. Practice your answers to be reflexive, sprinkle truth with vague statements, even then have a real answer prepared.

    [X] Whatever else you do don't forget to get your intake records and testimony/contact info from the people who oversaw you and your treatment prior to panacea. Odds are someone will try to screw you by downplaying the severity of the biological weapon attack...
    [X] in fact start using the words 'biological weapon', i mean it's true, and even if Sophia manages to skip out because the universe hates justice or something, that's gotta make things harder for Blackwell.

    "It's not going to work dad, Sophia said that she knew somebody that could help her with the police." It wasn't strictly true, but the Trio seemed to be able to get off every problem until now, and the Chat seem convinced on the idea, so Taylor wasn't willing to gamble on this.

    "Who are you talking about ?" Said the aging man, his face dark and foreboding.

    "It's one of the bullies that put me in the locker. They..." Taylor drifted off, unsure if to share her story. 'Still, the Chat seem to know more about the situation then me, and they are pushing for it.' She stopped for a moment as she thought about it. 'If they are so insistent about it, it must be because if I don't do anything they are going to get away with it.' Now fuming with rage as the possible injustice against her, she pulled herself together and started talking again. "They have been bulling me ever since I started going to Winslow. They just kept on playing pranks on me, the locker is only the last and most notable."

    At this point her father was fuming with rage "Who are they?"

    Taylor gulped, she would really have preferred not to talk about Emma with her father, but in for a penny, in for a pound, she guessed. "A lot of students took part in the pranks, but the main tree are Sophia Hess, Madison Clements and... Emma."

    Her father seemed ready to go into a rage, only to stop as he heard Emma's name. "What ? No that's impossible! You two were friends and, and why didn't anybody tell me that? What about the teachers, the staff, why didn't I hear about this earlier ?"

    "The staff didn't do anything because I'm just a social outcast, while they are the star of the running team and the popular girls. And Emma changed a lot." The girl responded.

    "And why didn't you tell me anything ?" He asked with a note of resentment in his voice.

    "Because you wouldn't have been able to do anything. Emma's father is a lawyer, and we could never afford one. Even if you tried to go to the principal, every time I went didn't change anything. you would have just been miserable."

    Danny seemed to sag as she spoke, only to straighten his back and respond. "Yeah, maybe I wouldn't have been able to help you before, but I'll do all I can to help you now. The police is investigating this as an attempted murder case, given your conditions, so it won't be so easy for her to wiggle out. And I've already talked to the staff here to see who was willing to testimony. I'll make sure they'll be caught. You won't have to worry about anything. Now" He showed me a bag he had with him the whole time. "Get dressed and we'll go home."

    This caught Taylor off guard. "Now? Don't I need to stay for observation or something ?"

    "The doctor said that Panacea signed an early release form, so we are free to go."

    <<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

    After they arrived at their house they had launch and spent a little time together, before he told her that he needed to go and see the police for the investigations. Taylor gave him her journal, after making him promise to make a copy before handing it off. As he prepared to leave, he gave her something.

    "A phone?" Taylor was shocked, as her father has been against phones ever since her mother's car accident.

    "I borrowed it from the guys at the dock. They agreed to lend them till I could find something else." He made a face as he take out a similar phone from his pocket and showed her his number. "It should also help you pass the evening till I get back."

    "But why ?"

    "I... when they called me at the docks I... I need to know that you are safe and you have a way to contact me." His tone was dense with emotions, and made Taylor agree immediately.

    'He is really not ok, but I don't think I can do anything about it right...' Her thoughts were interrupted as the voices started talking again, arguing against one another.

    [X]Whatever you do, do not tell him about this shit. You know how he can be...
    So aggressive that he will hinder you more than help you.
    He cares so much about you that he will hinder your cape career so don't tell him about powers too.
    Bad dad, tries to be good dad and achieves bad results. Sad.

    [x] whether or not father will hear about this
    in the timeline without us Taylor was discovered by her dad while a leading the most prominent gang in all of Brockton Bay (Sorry to tell you this Taylor, but you make a great gang leader, at least some alternate future versions of you do) and was still supportive of her. He’s taking a backseat to parenting and not disciplining Taylor in fear of pushing her away, he’ll probably do the same here. So according to the original timeline, talking to Daddy Danny is a good idea. Of cause it could also be up to chance how well he takes it, but then it would still be up to chance whether or not we can pull off a lie, so no improvement there except we lack the chance of getting support from our dad.
    The point about worrying him is also moot as he will notice Taylor sneaking out at some point and that will worry him even more than just him knowing that she’s sneaking out to punch Lung in the dick or something. If he doesn’t know anything he will let his mind wander to dark places and think that he’s the sole responsible person for Taylor hanging out with her e88 friend and doing hard drugs in the middle of the night, or something along those lines.


    'Wow, you guys really are a forum.' A small smile formed on her lips, before the weight of the words dawned upon her.'I.. don't know how to feel about being good at being a gang leader. Still, my father seems really off right now so it's probably better to wait for a moment before making any decision in that direction.'
    [X]You could try to get them or you could just fight back, because that is what they want you to do. You just did not realize earlier.
    They actually want you to fight them, escalate into their faces and they will stop. Emma is going to be your friend again.
    Edit: I just realized you can't read my mind as good as I can read yours. I am speaking about the trio that shoved you into the locker.
    You don't want her to be your friend again? You want her to suffer in jail? Well then you are just like her and I believe you wanted to be better than that.

    [x] on befriending Emma.
    Unless it’s just random chance on whether or not Emma will jump into Taylor’s arms and beg for forgiveness the moment Taylor punches her in the face, then I wouldn’t recommend trying to befriend her back.
    She has no practical use to us unless we get a power granting power that only works on normal, and even then I think there’s way better options than that treacherous bitch.
    As for emotional support, we’re already working on becoming friends with Amy, and as an introvert Taylor doesn’t need an army of adorers. Even then there’s the entire wards team and the new generation new wave.
    If we really want to reform someone I recommend trying to reform purity, as she’s already well on her way on her own, or the undersiders as this worlds god probably has arranged the world for that to happen with some work.
    Emma is nothing but a pebble on the road to greatness.


    'Emma..' She shook her head. 'As much as I'd like to go back to those happier days, I don't think I can forget about what she did. But about helping villains it seem a little reckless to do right now.'

    [x] On punching a couple of bitches
    This is the only one I agree with.
    We have three options on dealing with these and getting violent is one of them.
    We can court their asses,
    this requires money, witch we don’t have yet, but can probably get easily once we get started,
    Best their asses,
    This is a hit or miss solution. Bullies have a huge tendency to be cowards. in the original timeline we saw Emma having a breakdown because she couldn’t get to Taylor so she’s definitely one of the cowards. Sofia is a bit of a wild card, while I definitely get a coward vibe from her, due to extra dimensional fuckery and probably the random chance involved, there’s a good chance that she won’t back down unless you beat her ass into next Sunday, and then she’ll probably get suspicious of us. The rest of the school will stop if the trio does and you show that you’re not an easy target. I don’t need to explain the named background decoration.
    I probably don’t have to say this but. DO NOT GO CARRIE. It will solve no problems what so ever.
    The last option is to just fuck off to another school. This may be as simple as asking or create an entire novel worth of problems depending on how generous the god of this world is. The easiest way of doing this is probably to join the wards, but that’s up to Taylor. Only one of the wards is a huge asshole, and none of them others know just how huge of an asshole said Ward member is so they can’t call the asshole on its bullshit.


    'Yeah, I hope the investigations go well too.' As she thought about punishing her tormentor, she felt a nice feeling, but she squashed it down. 'I'm not going to ruin myself for them, they aren't worth it.'

    As no further debate came, she founded herself in an empty house, wide awake and full of energies and with nothing to do for a couple of hours. 'Any ideas?'

    [X] Try out powers. (Exp)
    [X] Search the web for parahuman in Brockton Bay. (Bonus to avoid fights)
    [X] Write in
     
  22. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.6
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.6

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100%

    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 1 Exp 15/20
    Spoiler: Powers

    Spoiler: Affordable perks
    Spoiler: Affordable perks


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat)
    -Born Lucky: You always were lucky. When interacting with other people you gain a +10 modifier for all rolls. Increase chances in game of luck.

    [X] Make Lasagna

    [X] Kat who is most definitely not an extradimensional god machine of negative emotions need SOULS OF THE DAMNED milk and fish, get it milk and fish.


    [X] Generally cuddling adorable Kats pass time pretty well (Hint: Kats love ear scritches and being scratched between the shoulder blades). Alternatively testing things in the basement. Coming up with a Cape name if you're planning to do that also would be a Good Idea, too many versions of You have had the same problem: not having a name. Another Good Idea is a costume which you should include armor with, while Tattletale and maybe one of New Wave will try to convince you something called "the Unspoken Rules" exists, in the end no one actually follows those (especially not Director Tagg, who'll be brought in to fill Piggot's role if both Thomas Calvert "disappears" and Piggot either dies or resigns, whichever happens first). In addition even if you gain a Brute Rating since armor never was designed to stop damage but slow it till it's survivable thus it will increase your hypothetical Brute Rating by one or two depending on armor and possibly adding a Thinker for not being a dunce (Hint: there's such a thing as Paper Armor that's bullet resistant to low calibre rounds with instructions on the internet on how to make it. Try stabbing a brand new phone book if you want to know how effective it is).

    'Well, it's not like I have anything better to do.' Taylor said, as she got out of bed, before noticing something in the message."Fuck, I left Kat at the hospital, I need to-"*Meow*

    She jumped as she heard the unexpected sound. Turning around she saw Kat on the bed, sitting comfortable on her pillow. "O....kay I guess I was wrong." Only then she noticed that she still didn't land after jumping. Looking down she could see she was hovering off the ground. Trying not to panic she focused on her powers. Closing her eyes, she felt a weird sensation that was halfway between falling and jumping toward a point in her belly. Focusing on that point, she suddenly felt able to move it, so she aimed for her ceiling and put the point there. "Woah" She screamed and she started falling toward to ceiling face-first, only to turn on herself and land on her feet.

    Trying to find her bearings, she sat, wondering. 'I'm sitting on the ceiling. And I thought this day could not get any weirder.'

    Carefully moving the point till it was on the floor, she prepared herself for the movement. As soon as she stopped the point she felt herself falling to in and, as before, she righted herself before touching the ground. As she watched around her room she felt a sensation in the back of her head that she ignored before, like a bar filling itself up.

    Deciding that she needed to do something else, she went for the kitchen to prepare dinner and try out her power, closing the door behind.

    *Meow*

    And finding Kat in front of her.

    Checking that the door was indeed closed, this left room for only one option, for both this and her earlier apparition. "I have a teleporting cat, awesome." She said with a smile, taking Kat in her arms and scratching her behind her ears.

    As she arrived in the kitchen she set a plate with milk on the floor and put Kat down, before start working on dinner. Seeing that they had all the ingredients for lasagna, she started the preparations. Halfway through the preparations she decided to try again to make something float. Focusing on the fridge, she frowned as she instinctively knew that it was too heavy. Setting her sight on an un-open can of salsa, she focused and it started to float. It felt kinda like she was holding it, as she got a feeling for how much pressure she was putting and she had a vague idea of its texture.

    Trying to open it, she felt the can explode under too much pressure. She braced herself to be splashed by the explosion, only to be left clean as the salsa seem to be forming into a ball hovering in the air. With this new discovery under her belt she tried, and succeeded, in grabbing water from the tap, only find out that she couldn't make it float farter then half a meter from herself. Focusing instead on throwing it, she tried to remember the feeling she got when she had thrown that table at the hospital, and was rewarded as the water hurled itself toward Kat, as she was lipping on her milk unaware.

    But it seemed that the cat was far more observant that it seemed, as the water stopped in mid-air and returned back to Taylor. Soaked she glared at the cat. "I wasn't trying to hit you, you know ?" As she went to change herself, Taylor felt a distinct feeling of smugness from the cat.

    Finishing the last details of the meal, she put the lasagne to cook as she, once again heard the voices argue one another.
    [X] Also, are you completely sure you don't like girls? At all? Not even some nice dreams? There's nothing wrong with liking both, you know?

    [X] Guys, for the love of explosions, let the minor figure her sexuality on her own, it's bad enough we're in her head, we dont have to be creeps about it.

    [x] ditto, we shouldn’t try to set her up with relationships she’s not comfortable with, but as in my former post nothing wrong with friendshiping, try to get her to be friends with as many as possible. Or at least as closely as possible.

    Any possible response she was going to give (probably an insult) was interrupted as a series of notifications appeared.

    [+5 Exp
    [Level gained 'Gravity Rush'
    [Gained 'Gravity Rush' Shard X 2
    [Choose upgrade
    [Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    A power centred around the manipulation of the force of gravity, it allow the user a large amount of skills
    -Flight: Allow the user to fly by altering one's own gravitational field. Can go in any direction at a fixed speed, for up to two minutes before recharging for 50% of the time in the air. Can be used to walk on wall without expending energy.
    *Increased flight time: Increase flight time to 6 minutes. (1 shard)
    *Decrease recharge: Reduce recharge rate from 50% to 25% (from 1 minute to 30 seconds). (1 shard)
    *Increase speed: Increase speed to 80 km/h (1 shard)

    -Gravity Grip: Can surround up to 3 item smaller than the user in a gravity field to carry them. They can then be thrown at enemies or they can be set down.
    *Numerical increase: Can carry up to 8 items for a total of no more than 80 Kg. (1 shard)
    *Dexterity: Can manipulate items held better.

    -Gravity Kick: A guided attack capable to inflict great damage by flinging the user at the enemy. Consume 50% flight time per use.
    *Temporary invulnerability: Suffer no damage while active. (1 shard)
    *Reduced cost: Consume 30% flight time. (1 shard)

    Or select new power to add:

    *Gravity Barrier: A barrier covering your body that can repel harm. (1 shard)
    *Gravity Claws: An ultimate attack of great power, you drill trough an opponent at maximum speed for great damage. (1/day) (2 shards)
     
  23. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.7
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.7

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier

    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Healing Hand.

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [x] Dexterity: Can manipulate items held better. (1 shard)
    -[x] Gravity Barrier: A barrier covering your body that can repel harm. (1 shard) X 4
    -[X]Decrease recharge: Reduce recharge rate from 50% to 25% (from 1 minute to 30 seconds). (1 shard) X 4
    -[X]Temporary invulnerability: Suffer no damage while active. (1 shard) X 4
    [X]Reduced cost: Consume 30% flight time
    [X]Increased flight time: Increase flight time to 6 minutes. (1 shard)

    [X]Keep a shard X 2

    Roll a d3: 1, 2


    Gravity Barrier and Decrease recharge added.

    As Taylor heard the announcement, she felt a switch appear in her mind. Deciding to try and flip it, she didn't feel any different at first. Determined to test the new power out, she grabbed a dirty pot left from cooking and she let it fall on her feet. Before it could make contact tough it was stopped by a purple shimmer that appeared only for a moment, leaving the pot on her foot without hurting the young parahuman.

    As she tried to focus on her new discovery, she suddenly heard again the voices

    [x] Hey Taylor the chat no sells thinkers and precogs so if you "fight" one check if our "suggestions" give you some unpredictably when facing them

    [X] I'm bored, so I'll tell you about different versions of yourself. There's a version of you whose power is cartoony super science and is dating ClockBlocker. There's a Mime version of you with Mime Powers that's dating Panacea. There's also a few that can create Pokemon. Isn't the multiverse grand? And isn't it funny that you could totally eventually get powers like those?


    [x] Have we already committed to this yet. Because if not then I suggest thinking a bit more about it before we commit. if we already have done this we can't back out and hit them with everything we have. get money and quickly. Healing is good at this. Get tested for clearance, get help from Amy. spend some time healing for free, but dedicate some time to those that pay, and let people pay more to get in front. it sound scummy but it is just buisness, and as you also spend time to heal for free, there's not really anyone that can really blame you. Not that they won't try, but hatters gonna hat, and it's your power.


    Overwhelmed by the sudden influx of information, Taylor couldn't decide what was important. The existence of alternative version of herself sure seemed interesting, but of little use at the moment. That the Chat was immune to precog was good, as she wouldn't like to explain why she had a simulation of a chat running in the back of her head. And the idea to debut as a healer had his merits, but she needed more informations before choosing a path. Focusing on what the Chat told her the hospital (Much of which she didn't focus on at the time.) a question came at the front of her mind.

    "Can you tell me what did you mean by the fact that Scion is only a puppet playing nice?"

    <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Author's Note: PLEASE, TRY AND KEEP YOU POSTING FOR PUBBLICATION BRIEF AND TO THE POINT.

    Since for this chapter I spent more time searching trough comments than actually writing, I'll add a new rule.
    Comments longer than 6 lines are automatically excluded from appearing in the chapter.
    This is both to reduce my workload and to make the chapter themself easier to read.
    If your message is divided amongst multiple post you are asked to summarise if you want Taylor to hear you.

    The next few chapters are going to be short ones. Like really short. A quick question and answer so we can get explenations about major players out of way.

    Updated first chapter with Perks and Powers.

    On some more personal news, I'm going back to school. For the next week or so you can expect updates to be more random as I try to modify my schedule.
     
    dogbertcarroll, zuopumila and Kaldi97 like this.
  24. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.8
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.8

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier

    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Healing Hand.

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.


    [X] Of course we can. This simply means that like the Siberian is Dr. Manton's projection, Scion is the projection of a multi-dimensional, depressed, suicidal and widowed space whale that as large as the galaxy and is probably going to destroy the planet Earth in a temper tantrum.

    Taylor's eyes shoot open at the revelation that one of the most famous murderer of the world wasn't, in fact, a real person. "Wait the Siberian is a projection? And what do you mean by 'Widowed space whale'?"
     
    dogbertcarroll likes this.
  25. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.9
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.9

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier

    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Healing Hand.

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [X] Scion is basically one of the sources of parahuman powers. He's all depressed because the other source died and she was his partner. Together they followed a cycle of giving power to certain worlds, with each power learning from its host's uses of its powers, for like a hundred years and then destroying the planet and any alternate version to jump to a different multiverse. Also he could kill everyone in an instant if he wanted. As for the Siberian, he used to work as a parahuman researcher for Cauldron, but became depressed after his wife left him, stole a vial from them that would grant super-powers, and left to become a murder hobo. The real Dr. Manton usually sits in a van near the S9 and lets the Siberian pretend to be him.

    [X] Oh right, we probably should tell you the weaknesses of horrible monsters. Yeah, the Siberian is a projection of Doctor Manton and Jack Slash has a master power that let's him influence parahumans and always know the right thing to convince them.


    Again, shock was obvious on Taylor face as she took in this world shattering revelation.

    "How is it possible that nobody know about all of this stuff? I mean, maybe Scion is an alien creature that we cannot see or follow, but how about Manton? Or.." Fear spread on her face as she considered a possibility. "Could Jack be able to control me?"
     
  26. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.10
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.10

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier

    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Healing Hand.

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [X] There's an organization named Cauldron that knows. They killed the other entity. Their core leadership consists of Alexandria, Eidolon, the Number Man, and a few others. They try to keep it secret because they're worried Scion will start the apocalypse early if he hears that someone is openly working against him. Their main plan is to use the corpse of the second entity to make vials that grant super powers, hoping that one will be strong enough to defeat him. They also work to keep as many parahumans alive in order to use them as meat shields in the Scion fight.

    [X] Maybe, mostly Jack's power gives him a therapy edge. Like therapists make people, he know just how to break Parahumans. His power also keeps him out of dangerous areas, for example if you could control gravity absolutely in a certain radius, Jack would know to keep out of your area of power.
    Also, the cycle is three hundred years long which is the amount of time Ciara agreed to stay in the birdcage.
    And if course people know. Madam Fortuna knows all, sees all.


    Taylor relaxed knowing that she couldn't be controlled by such a psychopath. Sitting on the table she poured herself a glass of water and started scratching Kat. Still it looked like the surprises weren't going to end soon. That a conspiracy counting some of the most influential heroes in the world was working on defeating Scion was good (wasn't that a strange thought), but that left even more questions. It was understandable that would not be willing to spread the word if that meant to delay the apocalypse, but still. "If they have already killed one then why can't they kill the other? When is he supposed to go on this rampage? Are there any other big players in this? and most importantly, What can I do to help?" Determination filled her eyes as she asked the last question.
     
  27. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.11
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.11

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier


    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Healing Hand.


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [x] The dead Entity, the Thinker/Eden, crashed into an Earth on arrival to this universe. She was killed shortly thereafter but not before severely restricting her killer's power. The living Entity, the Warrior/Zion/Scion, can not continue the 300 year cycle without the Thinker and so is acting without a plan. However there is only 20 to 30 years before civilization collapse even without his interference, but he can start the apocalypse early if influenced. Jack Slash can and will convince him to do so in two years. Very few know about the danger, but he can be defeated and influenced with the right powers.

    [x] it’s worth noting that Zion was defeated in the original timeline by a reformed Bonesaw (she is currently being mastered by Jack-slash) that jail broke your power that was bug control so that you could control humans, where upon you used a portal maker to get inter dimensional global range and drowned him in parahumans and nukes.


    [X] The best way to save the world would be getting the Endbringers to stop attacking and killing Jack Slash, plus monitoring and making sure no one with the potential to influence Scion makes contact with him. Also, the Endbringers are controled by Eidolon's secret 4th power slot that's controled by his subcouncious.

    "Uh...." Taylor kept on calmly stroking the cat, even as she eyed the cupboard where she knew her father kept the whisky. "Last question. Do you think my father would get worried if he found me drunk?"
     
  28. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.12
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.12

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0


    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier


    Active Powers: - Gravity Rush Lv 2 Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Healing Hand.


    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [x] I warned the others that this would happen. Don’t worry about it. We have it well (ish) under control. You don’t have to save the world yet. Even if you’re The Chosen One you have plenty of time. The best plan of action currently is to just make sure you yourself is okay. Figure out what you want besides saving the world. And figure out how to get it. The biggest problem is already being dealt with. Take your time

    [x] Do it at Faultline's club. Touching Newter might get you the power to drug yourself with hallucinogenics at will.

    'I guess the ability to leak acids from my skin would do wonder for my social life at Winslow. I can already feel my heart flutter as I picture the nazi, ABB and merchants junior all jumping at the occasion to woo that-one-parahuman-that-make-drugs-from-her-skin.' She thought with a snort. "Still, even if you say..."

    "Taylor ? Who are you talking to ?" The young mover must have been very immersed in her conversation, as she completely failed to take notice that her father had even entered the house, much less gotten to the kitchen. It would all have be ok, if it wasn't for the fact that in her arms there was a cat-shaped piece of sky. Panic gripping her from within, she failed to act before her father could enter the room.

    In that moment Taylor was already staring at the pavement, dreading having to have a discussion with her father after a full day like that but, to her surprise, she heard him say. "And who is this little guy?" Looking up she could see that her father was scratching the black cat's belly like she was perfectly normal. Deciding in a split second to roll with it, she started talking.

    "I decided to prepare dinner since I didn't know what to do, and after getting back from throwing out the trash I found that she followed me here. Can we keep her."

    The man looked up surprised at the request. "I don't know Taylor a cat is a lot of...awww" And then the hearts of both the hardened dockworker and of the troubled schoolgirl melted at the sight of the most adorable puppy eyes ever, far more powerful than any of the many Master power possessed by the Entities, capable of defeating any sentient lifeform. Even as Taylor was watching her true form the effect seemed only to get stronger and stronger. Such was the power of this sight that any protest in the old man mind melted away.

    "What was I saying ?" The dockworker looked around for a moment before refocusing onto the smell in the room. "It would seem that dinner is ready. I'll help you prepare the table."

    As they sat and eat, Taylor was told that after giving the list of hospital staff willing to testimony and a copy of her journal the police informed her father that investigation were proving successive, and that they would update them shortly. Her father then insisted that, even if the doctors said she was alright, she should wait at least a week before returning to school.

    <<<<<>>>>>

    Closing the door to her bedroom, Taylor threw herself onto the bed. Feeling that Kat was there, she started to pet her.

    "It seems that I have a free week." She stayed there for a moment, before closing her eyes and continuing. "Listen, I know that there is a number of things that we need to do, but I'm still trying to get used to this whole power thing. Could we take the next week slowly, and then worry about setting up a strategy for the future ?"
     
  29. Threadmarks: Slow Beginning 2.13
    Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Slow Beginning 2.13

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 10/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier

    Active Powers: - Healing Hand Exp 0/50
    Inactive Powers: Gravity Rush

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [x] Well what do you want out of this? nine times out ten you want be a hero But... the multiverse is a vast vast place SO! want do you Queeny?


    'I want to be a hero. There's no doubt about that. '

    [X] just don't go fighting lung like 99.999% of you always do.


    'Please tell me it's 'you go fight lung and win 99.999% of the time' and not 'you go fight lung and you become a mark on the road 99.999% of the time''

    [X]Taylor, do you want to know what turned Emma into a bitch or should we keep that for later?


    'I'm not sure about your idea to try and become friends with her, but I feel this is something I want to hear from her.'

    [X]Yeah, we definitely don't know you owned Armsmaster Underwear at some point of your life.


    'Now I feel safe.'

    [X]Your active power is currently healing hands, how about testing it a little?


    Taylor looked around, seeing only herself and cat in the room. Deciding not to test her luck with the fluff-ball, she took a needle and stung her finger. Trying to focus like she did on her gravity power did nothing, and neither did work touching the finger, kissing it or trying to look at it really hard. Defeated, she decided that this power didn't work on her.

    [x] At some point we should get the power to control birds and make all of the birds poop on winslow, you know, to make it less horrible.


    'While a nice thought, that place is already shit, so not much would change.'

    [X] bee tee dubs. We have a lot of pop culture from other universes
    Behold! The memes of the future!

    Spoiler: memes of the future
    [/QUOTE]

    Taylor was happy to see that memes didn't get any smarter in the future.

    [x] So... Taylor whats the global cape news like right now?


    That was something Taylor was also curious about. Today was January 6 so she missed around three days of news because of the locker. Checking the loaned phone, she searched for the latest capes news. An attack on a French senator by the Three Blasphemies, the Ash Beast moving toward Kinshasa and the evacuation of the city, a sex tape leak for some Hollywood cape-actor, no news on any of the containment zone, the Tibetan barrier still uncracked, another tinker weapon failed to burn down the Forest. On local news instead...

    Ohh this was interesting. Brandish and Flashbang going on a second honeymoon. To 'rekindle the flames' they say. That meant New wave was down two members, still nothing ground-breaking.

    Struggling to contain a yawn Taylor looked at the clock. Deciding that it was time to go to bed, that left a last question to ask. 'What do you think I should do tomorrow?'

    [X] Go shopping for supplies for heroing.
    [X] Stay at home, check the PHO.
    [X] Stay at home, talk to dad about your power.
    [X] Write in.
     
  30. Devilshadow98

    Devilshadow98 Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2017
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    488
    Week of Rest 3.1

    Name: Taylor Hebert
    Level 2 Exp 15/20 PP: 0

    Status: Normal
    Health: 100% + 50%Barrier

    Active Powers: - Healing Hand Exp 5/50
    Inactive Powers: Gravity Rush

    Perks: Familiar (Star Cat), Born Lucky.

    [X] Lets try again with the healing tests, find a plant, hurt it, then use your power, if you dont have house plants, try the back yard.

    [X] concerning the lung fights... let's just say Lungs wedding tackle rarely gets through the fight intact while your survival rate is decided by how suicidal you are when the fight happens.

    [x] Stay at home, talk to dad about your powers.

    'I guess since you insisted so much I'll tell him about it.' She said, before getting ready to bed.

    As she settled down she felt someone scratching her head, and found Kat looking at her with imploring eyes. "What to get in huh ?"

    Taylor held up the covers, allowing her cat to curl up beside her. As she fell asleep she could feel a warm torpor surrounding her.

    <<<<<<<>>>>>>>

    What woke her up was a ray of light entering in her eyes. She tried to shield herself as she was having a wonderful dream about having powers, only to stop as she felt a furry presence beside her.

    'Oh yeah, that really happened.' As she open her eyes she could feel the sensation of her power, a switch that she was currently unable to flip, and that would probably remain off unless she found something hurt. As she thought of yesterday she could scarcely believe what happened, but that feeling in her head, as well as the weird cat with her under the covers wasn't something she could refuse. It was already 10 a.m. which surprised her, as she usually got up much earlier. Attributing her sleepiness to the many revelations of the day before, she decided to get started with her plans for the day, as she got ready and tried to find her dad. A note was waiting for her in the kitchen, hastely written.

    'Turned off your alarm. Gotta go to the hospital, then to the police. I'll be back for lunch. Love dad.'

    She was a bit angry for the clock, but Taylor couldn't deny that the extra sleep did her good. Finding a way to wait till lunch, she decided to head to the garden. There wasn't much to boast about, just a square of land covered with intermitted patches of grass surrounded by a once-white fence, with a couple of small bushes in the angles. Nobody in her family ever had much of a green thumb, and she had actually succeeded in killing a cactus when she was 8. Still she half teared a branch off one of the bushes and than tried to focus her power on it. She could actually see the effect taking place, the wood mending itself and the bark healing over. It didn't take anymore then a couple minutes but, even if it was the thickest branch she could find, around three-four centimetres, it wasn't the best test, but it gave her an idea of what it was capable.

    [Gained +5 Exp

    <<<<<<>>>>>

    It was the moment. After the power-test Taylor spent a couple of hours watching tv before her father arrived. They had a weirdly quiet lunch, and now they sat in front of one another. Her father was avoiding watching her and seemed nervous, witch was pretty much how she felt. Twirling a lock of hair, she started talking.

    "Dad, there's something I need to tell you. I have powers" He seemed very shocked to hear that. His mouth was hanging open and he seemed to have forgotten what he was going to say. She gave him a moment to compose himself then he asked.

    "I'm.. That was really unexpected. Did it happen after the locker? Of course it happened after the locker. It just..." He stopped talking for a moment, took a deep breath and then continued. "I guess we should start from the start. What is your power ?"

    As he asked Taylor started to panic. Unsure on what to say, she asked the Chat 'What do I say to him ?'

    [X] Tell him of the Chat.
    [X] Show only one power.
    [X] Tell him that she have many powers.
    [X] Tell him that she can make new power based on other parahuman she meet.
    [X] Write in.
     
    dogbertcarroll and shos like this.
Loading...