1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Snippets of an idea

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by NoSoulNoRegrets, May 14, 2015.

1. NoSoulNoRegrets

NoSoulNoRegrets Born Suffering

Hi everyone I've been lurking on this website for a while now, and I have finally been inspired (by that I mean grown a sack) to contribute to this site I've decided to do so with my own writing and ideas for stories. This one takes place in a unvierse I already have planned and I will explain everything that is asked, please provide criticism and thank you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's cramped in here. The darkness and heat of this trunk are absolutely suffocating.

But I stopped banging against the door and panicking a while ago after realizing how pointless it all was and accepting what I knew but didn't want to acknowledge, I'm trapped.

Worse than any prisoner for at-least they can walk and move and have enough space for a breath of fresh air, but this is no prison, no it is a coffin that will carry me to the execution stand.

But even with these discomforts, the trunk is a rest before the animals that put me in here carry out what they have planned.

The promises of a painful and torturous death do not sound very appealing to me I am not a masochist after all.

The car has come to a stop, I hear the slam of doors, feet stepping on gravel, the sound of the rocks shifting, crashing and being crushed against as the men move around echo in my ears like the announcement of death's arriving to collect my soul.

I begin to tremble the dark pit of despair I lived in burns away and is replaced by a primordial fear.
    A fear so grand you don't just consciously acknowledge it, no it strikes deeper, it reminds you of scenes from deep within your blood of your ancient ancestors fighting like animals for survival, of them getting lost in the dark with no vision of being eaten alive.

I thought back to my past, the disaster and the things I did to survive. I put those memories away a along time ago but now their back at the forefront of my mind.

I thought of my father and mother whom I failed to protect, my friends whom I also failed and lastly my greatest failure my sister whom I was not strong enough to protect.

But more than anything else I thought of the VOICE. That horrible thing that pushed me to do what I did, I swore off it, promising to never give in to it again. It screamed at me everyday of every moment the first few months I chose to ignore it, over time its screams never grew weaker but for the most part I got used to it and simply became a white noise in my head most of the time I could ignore it, but there would be days where I locked myself in, for fear of losing my self control and then I would go back into society with the half-truth that it was due to a migraine.

But not anymore, I tried to reason with these people they thought I feared for my safety how laughable, it was never for my safety but for theirs, no I didn't fear for my life but rather my sanity. I knew that once I was pushed to far I wouldn't hold back I did for the innocents, but not for these animals, no not for them.

They will know the meaning of fear, and I will make sure they die screaming on their way to hell.

The fear leaves all I'm left with is the VOICE and the near infinite reservoir of homicidal rage.

It cracks like an explosion in my head I feel it calling for blood, screaming instructions, I embrace it all.

My vision begins to turn red with the sheer fury I feel towards these fucking animals!
    I wanna rip them to fucking pieces!
    To put their heads on fucking pikes!
    "I'll get you spineless little fucks, I'm going to gouge your fucking eyes out, crush your fucking skull under my boots! And rip you limb by fucking limb!"

I start kicking the trunk, the voice gives me my power. It dents out on the first kick, by the second it goes flying out into the sky as if launched by a canon.

Using my superhuman speed and strength I lift myself out of the trunk to the astonishment of my future victims.

I look around ten in total all of them dressed like preppy frat boys.
    All wearing the latest in polo and only high class augmentations allowed.
    One of them looks towards his leader petrified and screams
    "Renwick you said he was a baseliner! This one's a fucking Awakened!"

Renwick the leader, the tormenter, speaks to me raising his hands in surrender trying to negotiate "look man I was jok-"
    He doesn't get to finish, by the time he begins his plea I had already picked my targets and I had launched myself towards the first.
    He didn't even see me coming, in one moment I was several meters away from him now I'm in his face as if by teleportation.

Before he can let out a scream I throw a right hook towards his jaw. I hit it so hard it goes flying away.
    He can't scream anymore, but the look of fear in his eyes brings me a certain pleasure.

The VOICE yells his orders "THROW HIM TO THE GROUND! AND CRUSH HIS FUCKING HEAD INTO IT!"

I do exactly that.

When i throw him to the ground he looks up at me with a look that's a mix shock and begging. I have no mercy.

My boot comes down with the force of an industrial press turning his skull into bits and pieces and having his blood and brain matter splash around and make a mess in a Jackson Pollack imitation.

"DUCK!"

As soon as I do I feel a bullet whiz over my head and then I hear its discharge.

I turn it look as one of the victims has a smoking gun in his hands and look of shock on his face at the fact i just dodged a bullet.

"RIP HIM LIMB BY LIMB! PULVERIZE HIM! TAKE THAT WEAPON!"

Your wish is mine as well.

I rush towards him.

"WEAVE LEFT! WEAVE RIGHT! DUCK AND ROLL FOWARD! RUSH IT YOU FUCKING MAGGOT!"

"Yes sergeant!"

The VOICE'S instructions allow me to move forward while dodging all of my targets munitions.
    At last I am before him. The look of surprise he had has been replaced by one of sheer terror.

I begin his destruction with a straight towards his shoulder. I feel the bone collapse under the power of my punch, his muscle rip and i see him let out a silent wail of agony.

I throw another punch towards the right side of his rib cage, I feel all of them snap like twigs one probably went through his lungs.
    I grin.

I continue throwing bone shattering punches. I don't stop until all thats left of him looks like pounded hamburger meat.
    "STOP WASTING FUCKING TIME RECRUIT! THE ENEMY IS MAKING A RETREAT! SEARCH AND DESTROY! SEARCH AND DESTROY! SEARCH AND DESTROY!"

They're running like rabbits from a hungry wolf.
    Might as well play my part.
    But I need a weapon hmm... It appears the pistol I was going to use is out of ammo, but... aha a baseball bat, aluminum, well balanced and sturdy this'll do.

I see them running farther and farther away, screaming for help, begging for mercy and asking for some sort of intervention by the Holy Authority. I laugh at their despair and I mock them "no one is coming to save you boys! for your in hell and I'm your personal Lucifer come to punish you!"
    In that moment I really let go with all my pent up emotion. I feel my veins swell with blood, my heart pulses like the beat of a concert drum and my vision begins to lift its tint of red and begins a mist of rage induced white.
    Now it begins.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The following moments are murky in my mind but the highlights are the screams, the screams always stood: the death gargles, the wheezing from a crushed throat, a high pitched yell that would make ears bleed and deep baritone screams that hit you like a sledgehammer.
    I've finally come out of it with the last one, Renwick.

He trembles before me, on the floor with both legs broken. His face pale with fear.

He begs "Please I'm sorry I took it too far I wasn't thinking. Please man you ain't a monster." I don't answer.
    "I'm sorry, please I'm begging you!"

I walk towards him.

"Stay away! Please!" I still keep quiet.
    I land on top of his chest. I ignore his protests and begging. I place my thumbs over his eyes.
    The VOICE is silent for once in over a year, it got what it wanted. Death has be wrought and blood spilled, it's appetite for violence sated, the rage left me.

But no, this isn't for the voice this is for me, Renwick is mine.
    I press my fingers against his eye lids. He begins screaming a banshee wail of agony.

I keep going deeper with my blood stained thumbs, I see a clear liquid spill out, I keep going, squeeze, his voice cracks, squeeze, his body convulses, squeeze, he stops screaming and breathing, squeeze, the body now is only twitching out of instinct.
    He is has been dead for a while.

I stand and look at my handiwork, a massacre, bodies broken and twisted in ways that are not natural, the bat is twisted out of shape sticking out of someone's heart after being used as an improvised spear all are dead I look down at myself. I'm mess my t-shirt is covered in blood and viscera, my boots are horrid mix of brown red and grey.
    And after all this do I feel bad for letting go like this after so long, for breaking my self-vow, for committing ten brutal murders. Not a bit. They deserved it, they all deserved it. And i'm not going to feel bad about it.

I walk not happy or sad, I walk away with acceptance of my nature, for I can never ignore the voice now.

ArsMagna1337 and doomlord9 like this.
  2. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

An interesting start, plenty of plothooks in there, nothing to break SOD yet(not that there is anything to break since we don't know the baseline rules of this verse).

Might not comment much but I'll watch this.

3. NoSoulNoRegrets

NoSoulNoRegrets Born Suffering

Thank you very much, this really isn't the beginning of the story itself, simply background for one character.

I really don't plant to write one single story but rather many seperate tales that all take place in the same world and continuity.

I will soon make another post deatailing the world in detail later along with the character.