1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some help With Imgur?

Discussion in 'General' started by Heaven Canceler, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Wanted to reorganize some pictures I had uploaded to Imgur etc.. in albums.

Noticed that they had apparently modified how the thing works. They removed the "edit" button in the album view and now I cannot just change things easily.. in the past you could just look for images that aren't yet in albums and stuff... inside the album there is an "Browse Uploaded images" button below the upload window.. but it shows ALL images I got on my account instead of only the shit that doesn't already has an album..

Meanwhile the whole images does have a ability to filter by Album and search out non-album pictures. But well...

[​IMG]

Perhaps I am blind, but I don't see any "Yes Actually add to album now" button. The "add images" button just lets me upload shit from adress/site/uploaded images again. And edit button makes all the images I have marked appear one after another to be modified by the weird modify feature I have never before used anyway...

Anyone can help me please?

2. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Seems like something CrossyCross might be able to help with...

Heaven Canceler likes this.
  3. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

If you want to add images to an album?
    (replace all instances of "crossycross" with your own username)

Go to https://crossycross.imgur.com/all/
    >on the upper left section, there's the "all images" button. Press it, it'll show non-album images, new album, then the various albums.
    Click on the album you want to add images to.
    Once it has shifted to that album (the thumbnails it's showing should be the album's own thumbnails now, with the number on the upper left showing the number of images in the album), click the "edit this album" button on the upper left. Click "add or remove images" from the list, and it will show you the same old interface for adding pictures, from all images to non-album images.

If you want to rearrange images in the album?
    Go to the album url. I mean like this kind of url: https://imgur.com/a/SkjgjCm
    Add "/layout/grid" onto it, then load the album page.

If you're logged in and it's your album, there will be a "rearrange images" button on the middle of the right side. CLick it, and it will allow you to start dragging images to the pattern you want.
    on the right
    Note that they fucked things up recently, so the chosen thumbnail image for the album when you go to your galleries is the FIRST image (so the upper left corner image if you rearrange the album) in the album.

If those don't work for you then I dunno. That's how I do things and it works.

Right now though, imgur's gotten real fucked, what with they've done to the albums/gallery page, and how there's no more personalized sorting, not even alphabetical, among other useful things. It's really worsened the use of it, and kind of killed the usability for people like me with lots of images and albums. The biggest issues as I've noticed are these:

https://community.imgur.com/t/the-latest-update-to-albums-is-garbage/68215/43?u=crossycross
    Basically, they took out personalized sorting of albums, and also didn't add anything like Alphabetical, so it's all by descending/ascending, which is super fucked.

Albums unload as your screen scrolls past, so you can't even use ctrl+F to quickly find your now highly disorganized albums. Not to mention not loading every album and having to constantly scroll down to get to them.

Along with many other minor bits of functionality.

For people with lots of albums, this has been highly detrimental.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019