1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sorting Hat Syndrome (A Thread for Self-Classification)

Discussion in 'General' started by FurikoMaru, Sep 13, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

XD Classic Enhancer!

2. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Eh, learning magic to be a 2nd class citizen in a world run and controlled by the magical nazis who were barely stopped last time. . . Or be a normal person. I'm going to go with normal person. Because honestly, Voldemort was not the problem. He was a symptom.

3. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

See, now you're using OOC knowledge to reflect your IC reasoning.

Muggleborns don't know they're going to be second class citizens in the Wizarding World. They don't know about the IllumiNazis, hanging around in the background and pushing their agenda through whenever possible.

What they know is that they're going to be able to learn fuckmothering magic and make reality their bitch.

Faced with that decision at ten/eleven, even knowing that electronics get fried by magic somehow? I'd be hard pressed to say 'No'.

Of course, if I was independantly wealthy at that age somehow, and bothered to think of the third option of getting a mystic tutor, then maybe I'd do that instead. But that's a genuine longshot, honestly.

4. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Double post, but I figured this was the place for this-

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/what-city-should-you-actually-live-in

Got 'Cape Town'. I'm not even sure where this place is, but okay.

5. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

I got Capetown but was basically picking things out at random since I had no actual answer for any of them or was unable to pick my actual choice.

6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Yeah, the questions were a bit limited by only having nine options.

I just chose the one that was least wrong, or which sounded the best, on the questions that I didn't have any good answer to.

7. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

.... 'Barcelona' apparently?

And the personality judgement is way off, I think.

8. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

same here. the thing said i Should be in Paris. likely because i apperate a good meal.

9. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

Is it really a double post when they're two months apart?

Anyways, I'd be Hufflepuff. No ambition to speak of, no desire to take risks, I don't study (I do well enough on tests just paying attention to the lectures. The only tests I fail are the ones I decide to try studying for. Bizarre, but convenient.), but I'm nothing if not loyal.

10. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Let's see, Ravenclaw for me...

Also it tells me to live in Tokyo.... go figure.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

In order
    hufflepuff.
    Enchanser
    London

12. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

True. But in this case, there should be a fucking large problem of very large numbers of muggleborn students who feel their lives were stolen from them, and who are very, very angry and disenfrachised. Add in the fact that many of Voldemorts supporters blatantly got off, and you can have geniune rabble rousing style politics. Of the "anyone who claims the imperious defense and still has an anti muggleborn policy" is full of shit.

13. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

That is a thing that would happen.

But barring a very thorough and intensive outreach program to muggleborns that have recieved Hogwarts letters, the odds are against those politics having any effect on said young muggleborns' decision to go learn magic or not.

14. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Cape Town is in South Africa.

I got London. Seems about right, though I'd have preferred Marseilles or Carcassonne or somewhere.

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

London. I doubt that I'd look very good in a Burberry trench coat, though, and I have no idea what the "Tate Modern" is.

16. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Got London. Why can't I choose None regarding Beyonce? It's not my music, dammit.

17. Murderhobo of Lasombra

Murderhobo of Lasombra Or, Murderhobo of Nod

Unshaped fair folk.

Abort reality. Live the unshaped dream!

Slytherin dominatus.

18. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

As for Exalted... well.
    Best case, Fiend Caste favoring Malfeas. Worst case, Yozi cultist.

For Harry Potter, eh. Not sure. Flip between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, I suppose.

19. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I have no idea what I would be in Exalted.

I got sorted into Slytherin on Pottermore. Does that mean I have to try taking over the world? I am too lazy for that...