1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SparkQuest!

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Spooky, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Spooky

Spooky Quetz is bae, yes! <3

So I started this awhile ago on Spacebattles, but it flew by the wayside when work got a bit busier. I've decided to rehost it here, since this is pretty much a quest site. Hopefully there'll be some interest since Girl Genius quests are, far as I know, non-existent. So now, a forward:

The setting (so far) is the Americas of an AU Girl Genius world. The following is what is known by your standard citizen. Is it true? Is it exaggerated propaganda? Who knows.

[​IMG]

Here is your lord and master, His Imperial Majesty Emperor Joshua Norton I, Imperator. Around 30 or so years ago he was the ruler of a small area of land on the western edge of the Americas. Due to natural Sparky charisma and know-how, he expanded that area and carved out the territory known as "California," which he ruled from the capital he named "Nortonville."

[​IMG]

Here is a rough estimation of the Californian territory. In our reality, Nortonville would be where San Francisco is.

Anyway, the Emperor spent the next decade traversing the Americas. Upon seeing the savage state of affairs the various city-tribes have made of this great land, he decided it would be in everyone's best interest if there was a strong hand to lead the people into tomorrow. Many flocked to his banner, believing in his vision of an "Imperial Empire of the Americas." Those that didn't, well, you can't make an omelet and all that. Those that sided with anarchy were justly steamrolled (literally, tanks are helpful like that).

Most of the other Sparks were eliminated in this fashion, since they had no intention of letting someone else conquer the land. Most everyday citizens felt much safer after Norton's conquest, since they didn't have to worry about becoming involved with the experiments of any random Spark anymore.

Some of the remnants of the city-tribes that didn't capitulate and refused to join the Empire proper formed small nomadic bands that survived either off the land or by doing odd jobs for towns and smaller cities. These groups have come to be known as Travelers (OOC: basically Native American Gypsies).

[​IMG]

Here is an estimation of the Imperial Empire of the Americas after Norton's conquest.

Index:

Parts 1 - 7

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Spooky

Spooky Quetz is bae, yes! <3

A flash of light split the darkness. A sizzle broke the silence. Your tools sparked as you carefully tried to finish the project.

“Alright, if I tweak the power input just a bit, that should allow it to stabilize and hover,” you muttered to yourself as you worked.

With a final crackle, the object in front of you started to hum, and rose slightly off the table. It wobbled back and forth for a few seconds, before settling down and hovering still. You felt something strange start to take hold of you.

“Yes! I did it, it actually worked! No one believed me when I told them what I’d do, but I showed them! Now they’ll all have to bow before my-”

Your adulations were cut short when your mini anti-grav engine started to pulse and glow an evil shade of red.

“Eh? Why’s it doing-”

BOOM! went the engine.

CRASH! went everything else in your room as it felt the shockwave from the explosion.

SLAM! went the door as your father threw it open, illuminating the state of the room for the first time. Your engine was in pieces scattered all over the room, along with practically all of your belongings. Notably, your bed was fine though.

“I heard an explosion, what…” Your dad trailed off as he saw the position you were in, collapsed on the floor and twitching slightly, your face and labcoat dusted with soot.

You raised a shaking finger in the air and announced, “I meant to do that.”

You noticed a subtle look cross your dad’s face. It looked like… resignation? You’re not sure. If your eyes weren’t as good as they were you wouldn’t have picked it up in the first place. He sighed and muttered something under his breath. You couldn’t quite understand it.

He shook his head and looked at his watch. “You’re going to be late for school. We’ll talk about this later. Along with something else,” he finished in a lower tone, as if he was talking to himself.

That strange feeling passed, almost as if it was never there. You quickly sat up and pushed your goggles off (making yourself look like an albino raccoon in the process).

“What? No, I can’t be late again! They said it would be my last straw!” you exclaimed wide-eyed, and quickly ran out the room.

As luck would have it, an hour later you were at your school! Unfortunately, you happened to be in the dean’s office.

“Now, Miss Harkness,” the dean said as he paced his office, “You were told this was your last chance. We try to be somewhat relaxed at this school, but even so, you’re pushing it!”

You sank in on yourself and looked up at him from the chair in front of his desk. “I’m sorry, Dr. Mallard. I really tried to make it this time.”

The doctor stopped his pacing and looked at you. “Abigail, have you considered that maybe this just isn’t the place for you? I’ve been looking at your records and they aren’t the best, you must admit. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, some people have more success when they just go out in the world and make their way for themselves. Those people will never be at their best cooped up in an institute like this.”

Your life flashed before you as you thought about what the dean said.

This is you (de-aged to 18, natch):

[​IMG]

Your name is Abigail Harkness, student (?) at the prestigious California Institute for Clankology, run by esteemed master of constructs Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard.

Your father is one Jack Harkness, former captain (of what he would never say, only that it was a long time ago in Europa). He’s an old friend of Ducky, explaining how you managed to gain entrance despite not showing much more than the standard aptitude for science. That’s not to say you weren’t interested, oh no! In fact, you loved it! Everything about it! One of the first things you did upon being admitted was raid the library for anything you hadn’t already read. It’s just, you weren’t very good at it. This very morning marked your first major success.

For your midterm project you wanted to do something that no one else had ever done, something that most people thought was impossible. When you announced your intention to build an anti-gravity engine in the middle of class, no one believed you. In fact, some had even laughed! (Possibly including the teacher, but you weren’t sure on that one.) In the back of your mind, even you had second thoughts. Sure, you’d tinkered with things since you were a little kid, but this would be on a completely different level. Everything else remotely similar to this that you’d tried had failed miserably. And by remotely similar, I of course mean not as hard.

This would be your vindication! And you succeeded. Oh, how you succeeded! But then it blew up. And you foolishly didn’t make any plans for it. So now here you are, about to be kicked out of school even though you’d just defied the laws of physics.

[X] Take Ducky's advice.

You carefully considered what Dr. Mallard said. It’s true that you haven’t really thrived at the school. Maybe stepping out on your own will help you out.

Right. You nodded decisively. “Yeah, I think you have a point. I actually made something that worked this morning, and I did it all on my own!” You told him, becoming excited about the prospect of taking your destiny into your own hands.

“There, you see? Congratulations, dear girl. Out of curiosity, what was it you were working on?” Ducky wondered.

“Oh, you know that anti-gravity engine I, er, sort of told everyone I could make?”

The dean nodded. “Yes, I heard about that. I rather thought it was somewhat… shall we say presumptuous of you to make that claim.”

“Yeah. Well, that was it,” you stated.

Doctor Mallard stared at you. “What.”

You twiddled you thumbs a bit. “It’s true. I can’t really remember what I did, but it worked! …Well, for a few seconds at least. Then it exploded. But that part doesn’t matter, because it actually worked!”

Ducky sat down heavily in his chair. “Miss Harkness, listen to me now, this is very important. Do you remember feeling any different while you were designing your engine?” he asked seriously.

“Well, there was something. It was like suddenly everything made sense! I knew exactly what to do to get it to work! Or well, I thought I did. And there may have been some delusionsofgrandeurandmaniacalranting,” you said in a rush.

“Oh dear,” he muttered to himself, staring at his hands. “I knew this would happen eventually, but still…” Ducky looked back up at you. “Abigail, do you know why there are so few Sparks in the Americas?”

“I never really thought about it,” you admitted.

“Yes, well, not many do. Most Sparks in the Empire are like myself, that is to say, we’ve been around long enough to become somewhat respected and have access to several skeletons in the closet of our dear beloved Emperor. Hence why I’m left to run my little university fairly unsupervised. Even so, I’ve been forced into certain agreements that hinder my actions.

“The younger Sparks don’t have these luxuries. They’ll break through, and once they’re noticed (and they always are, in the end) the Imperial Police will round them up and ship them up to Nortonville, where they’ll undergo the de-Sparking process,” Ducky said solemnly.

“What?” you gasped. “Why? What possible reason could he have for doing that?”

“The Emperor, you see, doesn’t trust other Sparks. Well, to be fair he doesn’t trust that many people to begin with. But other Sparks are the only ones who could possibly challenge his power. It’s his worst fear you see, to be dethroned and powerless once more,” the doctor explained.

“But not all Sparks are like that,” you argue. “You, for instance. I can’t believe you’d want to run the Empire.”

Ducky chuckled. “Oh, I’ve thought of it a few times. Why, the things I could do with all the bodies. Of course, I’d have to start a war or two first to get enough…”

You looked on wide-eyed as Ducky slapped himself in the face a few times and shook his head to clear it. “Ahem, sorry about that. But you see what I mean. And I really, truly don’t want the burden of ruling an empire. Of course, some resist. Some always do. Those are hunted down and shot.”

“Why are you telling me this now? You’re talking like I’m…” the proverbial light dawned upon you.

Nodding, Dr. Mallard finished, “A Spark, yes. I’ve know it was likely for a while now. I just hoped… well, nothing for it. You’ll have to get back home. Talk to your father, he needs to know if he doesn’t already. I’d advise keeping a low profile, but that’s rather impossible for a Spark, so in that case you should leave the territory since, as you know, California is the Empire’s seat of power. Talk to Jack, he’s probably got a plan ready. He was always good at that.”

[X] Question Ducky further. "What do you mean you knew I was a Spark?!"

A million thoughts flew through your head. Of course you were a Spark! It explained everything that happened this morning, from breaking the laws of gravity to wanting everyone to bow down before you.

You absently started cackling. “Wahahaha! Yes, with gravity under my control the Emperor won’t dare try anything against me! Now, if only I could remember how I did it…” Your face scrunched up in thought.

A finger snapping in front of your face drew your attention. “What is it? Can’t you see I’m trying to think?”

“Abigail!” Ducky snapped. “You can’t afford to lose yourself to the madness place. You need to think rationally, at least for now. I know how hard it can be in the beginning,” he finished in a softer voice.

“Yeah,” you said as you regained your senses, “This is still somewhat weird to me. And how did you know I was a Spark anyway? Don’t think I missed that slip earlier,” you accused.

The doctor let out a sigh and tapped his fingers on his desk. “Yes. I’m sure I’m not the best one to explain. All I can really say is blood will out.”

“What?!” you said incredulously. “C’mon, Ducky, you’ve got to give me more than that.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not comfortable with saying anything else. And I’ve told you before, when you’re in school it’s inappropriate to call me that.”

“Really? I get this huge bombshell dropped on me and you’re all, ‘No Abby, don’t call me Ducky,’” you said, while making exaggerated motions with your hands. “And I’m not your student anymore, remember? You just kicked me out.”

Ducky fumbled with his bowtie. “It wasn’t exactly like that…”

“Ok, fine, whatever. My point stands. Don’t think I forgive you, though. Won’t even tell me how you knew I was a Spark,” you mumbled. “How about something useful then? How does the Emperor find new Sparks? Is there anything specific I should avoid?”

“It’s not hard most of the time. Many Sparks announce themselves in some way or another, and there are always rumors. Then the Imperial Police take over. They’ll hunt down the Spark or sift through the rumors or what have you. You’ll need to keep this in mind if you don’t want to risk being exposed. Try not to let any… urges get out of control,” Dr. Mallard warned.

You nodded. “Avoid secret police, check. How will I know who they are? Is there a uniform or something?”

“No, and that’s the rub. They could be anyone, and anyone could be an informant. There’s no way to be sure until you find yourself on the receiving end of one of old Nik’s Coil Stunners,” Ducky responded.

There’s something you’ve never heard of (and boy, have you been thinking that a lot lately). “Coil Stunner?”

“Ah, think of it as a non-lethal Death Ray. It delivers just enough of a jolt to your system to render you unconscious,” he explained.

“Now,” Ducky said as he clapped his hands together, “You need to be getting back home. I’ve kept you longer than I intended, and if you and Jack want to make any headway today you’ll need to get started soon. Of with you.” He made a shooing motion.

You stood up from you chair, leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading out. Just before exiting the room, you turned around. “Ducky? Thanks.”

Ducky watched you walk out with a melancholy look on his face. “Good luck, my dear. I’m afraid before too long you’ll need it.”

[X] Head straight home and talk to your father.

Upon leaving Ducky’s office, you decided to head back to your house and talk to your dad. If Ducky was right, and you had no reason to doubt him, then your dad also knew about you being a potential Spark. Come to think of it, he did seem a little different when he caught the tail end of you break through this morning.

“Yeah,” you mumbled to yourself as you walked past the main school building (idly snatching a piece of flaming debris that had fallen from a second story window out of the air), “We’re going to have a nice, long chat.”

You beat the hunk of burning metal against your leg to put it out as you headed to the school’s entrance. Turning an eye to it, you noted that it was some kind of gauntlet. Just something crude, not much more than an armored glove. You scoffed; you could cobble together something better in your sleep!

“Eh, may come in handy.” You shrugged and stuffed it inside your coat anyway. Maybe you could make it actually worth something later.

As you got nearer and nearer to your house, you couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off. You didn’t know why you felt that way, but with the way the day had gone so far you didn’t want to discount anything. You slipped your hand into your labcoat and slid the glove on, flexing your hand a bit to get the feel for it.

“At least it has decent cushioning,” you grudgingly admitted. And hey, if someone decided to come at you you could at least give them a hell of a smack now.

You continued on, entering the copse of trees that separated your house from the city proper. The chill down the back of your neck intensified the moment your house came into view. The front door was wide open, which was a big clue that something was wrong, as it was always one of your dad’s strange little ticks to make sure it was never left unlocked, let alone opened, even in the dead of summer.

Once you were close enough to tell why it was opened, you abandoned all pretense of subtlety and raced to the door. You sighed in relief as you realized the dead body blocking the door was not Jack Harkness, but someone you didn’t recognize.

And then you immediately felt a slight disgust at not feeling worse. Luckily that passed, and you now only felt only satisfaction that someone who had to be a member of the Imperial Police had been killed before finding you, most likely by your father.

You quickly but quietly made your way through the house, searching for him. After each empty room however, you began to dread the next. As you finally reached your room, you slowly nudged the door open.

“Noooo!” you screamed in anguish at the grisly sight that greeted you.

Your father’s bleeding body was propped up against your bed. He was still alive, but barely. With each ragged breath he took, blood pumped out of the hole in his stomach.

You raced over and dropped down to his side, grabbing his body in a hug. You completely ignored the second body lying next to him.

“H-hey, Abby,” he rasped with a small smile. “Sorry …out … mess.”

“Shh,” you said softly, your eyes starting to water. “Don’t talk. I’ll go get help.”

Jack weakly grabbed you arm. “No!” He grimaced with exertion. “…too long. … been watch… time. … get away. Go … Franklin Harbor. … Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. … you … safety.”

With a last shuddering gasp your father, Captain Jack Harkness, died, his head still leaning against you shoulder.

“Dad?” you nudged him slightly. “Dad?!” Tears were now streaming down you face. “daddy?”

[X] Search house but be ready to bolt at any moment.

-[X] Franklin Harbor

--[X] Go through the woods, or at least avoid the main thoroughfare. The Imperial Police are probably searching all of the ways out, and you're certainly not getting out of here hidden in the back of a hay wagon. If there are any secret paths through caves that you know, use them. Otherwise, be careful, and try not to make too much noise if you run into an Imperial Patrol. Keep the destruction to a 100-meter radius, if at all possible.

You didn’t move from that spot, cradling your dad’s body to your chest, for what seemed like hours, though truly it was only 10 minutes. This time, however, was long enough for many things to flow through your mind. Not the least of which were the good times you spent with your father.

The thought of running out and seeking immediate vengeance occurred to you, but you dismissed it. It was tempting, but charging off half-cocked right now wouldn’t gain you anything, and possibly get you killed or lobotomized. If that happened it would make your father’s sacrifice meaningless.

With care, you stood up and, struggling, lifted you father’s body so it was lying on your bed. This was all you could do for him now. You gently touched his face and, with one last sniffle, turned away.

New determination settled over you. Jack had mentioned something before he died; it must have been fairly important, or he wouldn’t have spent his last breaths on it. You decided to search through the house to see if there was anything that could shine some light on why he could want you to go all the way to Franklin Harbor, or explain those last near-nonsensical words.

“Kiss kiss bang bang? What could it mean?” you wondered out loud as you picked through the wreckage from this morning’s explosion. You shoved some tools and the remains of the anti-grav engine into your coat.

As nothing was readily coming to mind, you compartmentalized it for now. If need be, you could always bring it up in Franklin Harbor. Assuming you made it there, of course.

You left your room and moved down the hall, entering your father’s. If there was going to be anything that could help you, it would likely be there. Like always, your eyes were immediately drawn to the hat stand, which held the only thing in the house that advertised his former rank: his black captain’s cap.

The tears threatened to come again, but you held them back as you lightly plucked the hat off the stand. Your fingers traced its contours for a moment, then with certainty, you placed it on your head. Surprisingly (considering your pigtails) it seemed to fit perfectly. You took this as a sign your father was still looking out for you, so with a metaphorical weight off your chest you turned to examine the room.

A while later found you slumped against the wall, seething and covered with dust. “Totally clean,” you rasped. “Not one damn clue.” A sudden thought hit you. “Unless…”

You zipped back to the hat stand so quickly that you left your coating of dust behind. Tipping it over, you rapped on the area of the floor it formerly stood on. As you suspected, it sounded hollow.

“Vindication!” you shouted in triumph, raising your gauntleted hand to the heavens. Using that same hand you began to madly punch the floor until you busted a hole straight through. You took off the glove and stuck it in your coat alongside the engine parts before reaching in.

You felt around a little and a near Cheshire-cat grin split your face when your hand bumped into something. “Haha!” you exclaimed as you grasped the object and pulled it out of the hole.

As you held it in front of your face, however, your grin melted into a disturbing frown. “That’s it? A model airship?” you said in disgust. On the plus side, hey, you may have possibly found out what your dad had been the captain of!

You reared back to hurl the disappointment against the wall in fury, but as you did you heard a tell-tale tinkling sound. You brought the airship up to your ear and carefully shook it around a bit. As you suspected, there was something inside. Shrugging, you stashed it in a coat pocket. There would be time to figure out how open it without harming its contents later; you’d probably spent too much time in the house as it was. Better to get out before another Imperial patrol showed up.

You exited through the back and into the surrounding woods. You were in luck, if you kept on heading in this direction you’d have a decent chance of staying hidden for a good distance. Of course, it wouldn’t stay that way. Eventually the forest would end, but before that there was a small cabin hidden in the underbrush a few miles away that your dad had built ages ago. Knowing what you do now you figured it must be a bolt hole for just such an occurrence as this.

You reached the cabin in good time, the sun had just started to fall when you entered. The only pieces of furniture were a small chair and table, but there were also a couple cupboards filled with who-knows-what.

You sat down at the chair and considered what to do next. You’d need to decide what route to take to Franklin Harbor. You could either go north through the mountains then east through the Frozen Waste, or head straight east through the desert and Endless Plains, then up to the harbor. They each had their strengths and weaknesses, for example the Imperials had less of a presence in the Waste, but it was also likely to be less hospitable than the southern route.

Aside from that you could take a closer look at the airship, examine the gauntlet and the remains of your experiment, or search through the cupboards to see if there was anything useful there.

[X] Northern route

- [X] Cupboards

- [X] SCIENCE!

With grim determination, you decided to risk traveling north. That would bring you first to Cascadia, the range of mountains that you could then follow to the edge of the Frozen Waste. It would be a more difficult journey, true, but you felt the lesser chance of encountering any Imperials in the Waste would be worth it. You only hoped the mountains would provide enough cover to get you there.

You scowled as you further pondered the journey. Ok, you figured out what you wanted to do, but what about the logistics? You needed supplies. From a map you’d memorized years ago, you remembered a few towns that littered Cascadia’s foothills, but the Waste would prove more of a challenge. Settlements were few and far between there, most of the residents being nomadic.

That in mind, you decided to take a look through the cupboards and see if your dad had stashed anything that you could make use of. You opened the first one, revealing a bedroll and some blankets. You removed them and set them to the side.

When you opened the second cupboard, you discovered a large satchel. You took it out and looked inside, finding a small stack of Imperial promissory notes and several non-perishable items of food. It didn’t look all that great, but at least you had something to go on until you reached an out of the way town to stock up in.

You took the money out and stuffed it in a coat pocket, then turned to eye the bedroll and blankets. There was no way the bedroll would fit in the satchel, but with a little work you managed to stuff all three blankets alongside the food.

“Alright,” you said to yourself, “That’ll have to do for that. Now let’s take a look at the salvage.”

You carefully laid out the broken pieces of you anti-gravity engine on the table, then with an “Eh, why not?” you set down the gauntlet as well.

“Geez,” you said, poking through the remains with a couple tools, “This thing totally fried. And no wonder,” you said on closer inspection. “There’s no way this was designed for true anti-gravity. It emits more of a… repulsion field, I guess… than anything else.”

You spent a while fiddling with it, re-attaching some bits and re-wiring others. Your hands flew along. “Now, what if I intentionally overload it by linking it up here and here instead…”

You made a few more connections, and the former engine gave off a hiss before the repulsion field blasted downward (actually becoming visible in the process), destroying the table and shooting the engine up in the air. It fell to the floor with a clang and gave off another hiss of steam.

“Wahahaha, yes! Perfect!” you exclaimed. “It may not be anti-gravity, but my Repulsor will still smash through anyone foolish enough to stand in my way! Now I just need to find a way to…” you trailed off as the armored gauntlet caught your eye from where it had landed on the floor. The corners of your mouth curled up and threatened to reach your eyes.

A few minutes later found you lying on your stomach, adding the finishing touches to your new weapon. You’d fixed the Repulsor to the center of the glove and added a specific trigger to ensure it only went off when you wanted it to. Unfortunately this trigger was on the outside of the gauntlet and required your other hand to use, but beggars can’t be choosers. You could always fiddle with it later on when you had access to more and better materials and tools.

You pulled on the gauntlet and wiggled you hand a bit. Everything felt alright; the Repulsor didn’t inhibit your finger movement at all like you worried it might. You experimented with aiming a bit, before you noticed a light outside through the window. It was a far distance away, but seemed to be heading in this direction.

[X] GTFO

It was the Imperials. It had to be, no one else would be looking around these woods at this time. At least, that’s what you thought. And since you’re you, why would you bother to think what anyone else would have thought?

“This is the perfect chance to test out my Repulsor! All I have to do is wait for them. It’ll be perfect!” you planned gleefully. Although, in the back of your mind, you remembered Ducky’s warning about letting your spark take you over.

“Although, if it doesn’t work, well, I’m pretty much screwed. And then I’ll get my brain carved out. Damn it, I was really looking forward to trying it out,” you muttered in disappointment as you quickly looped the satchel across your body.

Well then, if you weren’t going to welcome your visitors, there was really only one other choice. Get out of the area ASAP.

Unfortunately there was only the door in the cabin, but on the flip side it was facing the opposite direction that the lights were coming from. With that small bit of good news you headed out and, pausing to look back at the site of your greatest creation (so far) ran off into the woods.

A few hours later you had finally reached what you hoped was a fair distance from the cabin. You sat down and leaned up against a tree to rest, figuring this was a decent enough spot to stop for the night. You weren’t too hungry right now but you were understandably tired, so you pulled out the blankets and rolled a couple out to act as a makeshift sleeping pad and pillow. It wasn’t the most comfortable but it would do at the moment. Sleep came almost immediately.

You woke up the next morning to a soft rustling sound.

“Wuh?” you mumbled incoherently. You looked over to the source of the rustling.

The bear eating all your food looked back.

You stared at each for a few seconds before, as one, you both looked down at the food and back at the other.

*ROAR* went the bear.

“Rrrraah!” you yelled right back, quickly aiming and blasting it with your Repulsor. The glowing beam signifying the repulsion field shot out and hit the bear straight on, blowing it backwards into a tree. You madly scooped all the still-edible food back into the satchel (along with the blankets) and scrambled off while your uninvited visitor was still regaining its bear-ings.

You paused to rest a ways off. “…pant… It worked! Yes! My work paid off! I have finally conquered science!” A loud crashing came from the direction of your camp. "And on that note…” you fired a few times in that general direction and started running again.

You kept up the running for most of the day, until finally becoming too exhausted to continue. You fell to your knees panting.

“Can’t… go… on. …Need…” A pair of shoes caught your attention from your view of the ground. You followed them up to the face of a startled man carrying a hatchet in one hand.

You grabbed the man’s pant leg, too out of it to worry about anything right now. “Water…” you croaked at him.

The man pointed a finger to his side, which you followed to view… a river! How could you have missed that? You near-teleported to the bank of the river and took a few greedy gulps.

After you drank your fill you settled down a bit and caught your reflection in the water. You had to admit you looked a mess, plus your roots were showing. Movement attracted your attention and you raised your head to watch the man lift up a few small logs and carry them across the river to what looked like a Traveler’s camp. There were tents set up and horses reigned in to the side. A few people were sitting around a firepit, while others were dancing behind them. A couple kids were staring at you and pointing in your direction.

[ ] What do?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Give an awkward "Hi"
    -Introduce self as Abagail...Stark.

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Give an awkward "Hi"-Introduce self as Abagail...Stark.

5. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Give an awkward "Hi"-Introduce self as Abagail...Stark.

6. Random832

Random832 Making the rounds.

Why Stark?

7. serapheus

serapheus Eep~

Iron man glove

[X] Give an awkward "Hi"
    -Introduce self as Abagail...Stark.