1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Support Teh Squirrelly

Discussion in 'General' started by Master of Squirrel-fu, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Threadmarks: OP
    Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

So, as of now I'm in some rather dire financial straights having lost my job last week and somewhat having difficulties finding a new one. Funds are going low with other unfortunate circumstances piling up and long story short I need money. To the point that for the first time, despite other rather perilous circumstances, I'm finally putting aside my pride and asking for donations.

Of course I will be offering some compensation for this. Rather than be a charity case I will be doing Art Commissions. Some rules and other stuff though:
    1) I won't be doing art of existing characters, partially for legal reasons, instead I will focus on OCs.
    2) I am willing to do lewds and newds, but be warned that I'm not overly experienced in lewd arts.
    3) I am willing to cater to certain fetishes, again with experience warning, however there are a few I are reluctant to do or don't fit my stile of art and will leave in this list:
    Futanari, Obesity, Dicknipples, Prolapsed anything
    4) These arts, for now, will be pencil sketches and thus uncolored. I'm best with humanoids, specifically chicks.
    5) There is no minimum limit for donation to request some art but I will be more motivated for and prioritize larger donations.

Now this isn't to say that I'm limited to art, I am will to do other kinds of special favors for the right price~
    Jokes about me whoring myself out for pennies aside, I can also do writing, CYOA/RPG making, idea work, small fanfics, world building, etc. Long term things I'm a bit iffy on.

Donate to Squirrelly_Sama@yahoo.com on paypal.
    Here's some examples of my stuff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More can be found in my signature.

2. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

Where do you live (So I know what currency to donate in. Just need the country) and what are your rates for commission?

3. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

I don't have a ton of spare cash, but maybe I can chuck something your way. Can we get a rough set of rates? Or are you just going to spend an amount of time that scales to the donations you get?

4. Threadmarks: Quality Grades
    Master of Squirrel-fu

Scaling in quality with the donation, starts at 5 bucks for probably a mostly finished rough sketch or something fairly simple.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10 bucks and I'll up the quality and effort I put it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15-20 bucks and I will go the extra mile and would be willing to do more complex work or go outside my normal style, something more than I could just churn up in an hour or two of free time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over 20 and I prioritize it and give it 110%, This is for bigger things, like group shots, title cards, or coloring it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this helps.

5. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

>.> <.<

Cha-ching.

/me drops a coin in Squirelly's box.

Alias likes this.
  6. Dakkaface

It does. I get paid next week, so rather than dropping $5-10 in now, I'll wait til next week and drop $15-20.

7. Master of Squirrel-fu

First commission is done, I don't have a scanner so I took a photo with my phone but I'll head to the library tomorrow to get the actual scan in to finish up. Here's a Dragon Girl Transformation.
    [​IMG]

8. a2znut

How many erofus can I get with my donation Master of Squirrel-fu?
    Edit: I was the on that donated in CAD

9. Master of Squirrel-fu

For that much quite a bit, though I do have limits. Less willingness and more my own skill. So I can do several larger images, a lot of individual dramatic images, lots of colored images, such and such. Just let me know. There wasn't a notice attached for a request so feel free to shoot me a PM, I'll probably get back to you for communication to be sure I'm getting them right, so I'd recommend having a reference if you have specifics in mind so I know to incorporate it into the design. Pictures or just descriptions work.

10. Master of Squirrel-fu

Alias, BlueHelix, dragonx99 and 4 others like this.
  11. Master of Squirrel-fu

Was finally able to scan the commissions, so here they are in much higher def.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Master of Squirrel-fu

for clarification commissions are still open and will remain such until explicitly stated that they're closed.

13. Master of Squirrel-fu

My general schedule when it comes to commissions, I decided to post this out as a preemptive explanation for what I'm doing or why a work my seem to take some time.

So, my first priority is, of course, finding a job. I can't support myself on commissions alone, and while I will put most of my free time to it I have to put finding regularly paying work before it. Thankfully job searching, the minimum needed to get unemployment isn't too time consuming on it's own but certain other activities do eat up even whole days such as attending interviews or other necessities that may not be work related including attending physical therapy or working on a legal case I have going on right now.

After that I place working on commissions, the larger donations coming first but I do some of the smaller ones between then them or when I feel a bit of burn out, but ultimately it is the larger donations that will come first.

My hours for working on the art is generally at least 4 a day, it may not seem like a lot or seem like something that could put out some art quickly but in the end I do take my time making sure the image is completed and I'm not half assing some portion of it. At least for the larger ones, I'm capable of doing quick and simple sketches as well, though they are quite a bit rougher.

Pay vs Work, generally you can consider it like paying per hour I would be putting into making the sketch. Of course I won't abandon it half way through if it goes over that time frame, but generally you can think of it as paying per hour I'd dedicate to the image. As a frame of reference, because I am both somewhat slow and don't consider myself quite at the level of a professional you can consider it at about minimum wage, at somewhere around 8 bucks an hour. I might finish it sooner, or it may be later, and I don't keep any sort of accurate record of time spent especially since I multi task things, this is just an approximation to help understand what I do and why I do it.

a2znut and dragonx99 like this.
  14. Master of Squirrel-fu

And another commission done.
    [​IMG]

15. Master of Squirrel-fu

Latest Commission
    [​IMG]

BlueHelix, Nevindar and dragonx99 like this.
  16. dragonx99

dragonx99 Actually Satan

Thanks again for the pic tome, definitely worth every cent!

17. Master of Squirrel-fu

Some news, I was able to get a couple job interviews lined up so hopefully I will get some work. Until I do get a guarantee consider commissions still open, and if it does close I will still complete any commissions made before then.

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Good luck!

19. Master of Squirrel-fu

Flood warning in the area, so gonna be busy digging trenches today and may not have electricity over the weekend.

Biigoh and MadKeyboard like this.
  20. Dakkaface

Good luck and stay safe.

21. Master of Squirrel-fu

Nevindar dragonx99 Dakkaface a2znut and everyone else, status update.

I first apologize for any delays that you may be seeing, until now I've been trying to keep working on everyone's thing at least every other day. This post is to explain why that has dropped off since wednesday.

Well first, as you had seen on my last update I did have an interview scheduled to come up, along with another one so I prepared for that on thursday and planned to get back into things friday. Then the hurricane hit.

For those unaware I live in central texas, near austin. It's not in the hardest hit zones but it's close enough that I am still in the danger zone. So for the past 2 days, even before and after that interview, I've been busy.

I been digging flood trenches around my house in hard packed dirt in case of the flood, buying supplies I may very well not be able to afford in the long run to prepare for the flood, I was digging more trenches in the rain woried about the flood, checking all the drains up and down the half evacuated street so hopefully I don't see the flood, and all kinds of other fun flood related activities. Right now there's a real chance that electricity and water may be cut, the blocks surround mine appearently already are suffering that. and fun times, the empty lot 3 houses down is already starting to flood.

Right now it's night, or I'd take some pictures, I might in the morning, and I don't think anyone in this house is going to sleep. AT least I'm not.

So, provided me, my family, and my house get through the next 48 hours I should be able to get back into things. I might get bored if electricity cuts out but in that case I won't be able to access the internet to check pages with descriptions. I'll try and log in every so often and post if I can.

Again, sorry.

Thanks for the support.

22. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Stay safe, Squirrel...

23. dragonx99

dragonx99 Actually Satan

Squirrel there is literally no need to apologize, I wasn't even considering about you working when you're in that area. Just focus on taking care of yourself and staying safe man.

24. Master of Squirrel-fu

So with things clearing up hopefully I will be able to get to work. Tomorrow I have a medical appointment that will require some sedation, the good news that it should probably help me on focusing on working on the requests. I'll try and post at least one commission by tuesday, 2 if things go well and the worst of the storm has passed and I don't have to dig in the mud and rain again.

dragonx99 and Biigoh like this.
  25. Master of Squirrel-fu

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  26. Dakkaface

Glad to see you're up and running again after the storm.

27. a2znut

You may now kiss the bride Himura =)

Himura likes this.
  28. Master of Squirrel-fu

29. Master of Squirrel-fu

BlueHelix and dragonx99 like this.
  30. dragonx99

dragonx99 Actually Satan

And once again definitely worth the donation price, thank you for all your hard work tome!