1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible Father Quest (Evangelion)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by gibbousmoons, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Guys guys! I know who the looper is!

It's Pen Pen!

2. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I see. This was obviously all part of his plan to turn all Penguins into the same genetically heightened beings that he is and then let humanity and the Angels kill each other, so he and his Kind can have the world for themselves.

3. aja318

aja318 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Asuka Langley Sohru
    -[X] She can share room with Shinji, make it clear she can not share with Rei.

Plan:
    [X] Make it absolutely clear to Shinji that unless he brutally murder Angel, Rei may die (I'm sure that berserk is just Shinji's repressed rage going out).

EDIT: By the way, going by canon fights against 4th, 5th, 10th and 14th I think that Shinji's greatest talent is killing things, he's just not well learned in this art.
    4th- after taking passengers he decide that angel DIE NOW. Angel died.
    5th- Rei is being cooked he decide that angel DIE NOW. Angel died.
    10th- angel is falling and he doesn't want his friends hurt. Angel stopped cold ready to be killed by rest of the team, after breaking record of eva speed.
    14th- angel brushed aside Asuka (by anime it was without using AT-field) and S2 bomb (AT-field breached) directly to the core. He decide that angel DIE NOW. Angel was beat like bitch before time limit was reached. Berserk. Angel for dinner.

4. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Nah, we'll bring in Asuka later. Mari will do more for his confidance.

5. Threadmarks: 5
    gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

[1] Mari Makinami
    [8] Mari Makinami
    - [8] move her in with Shinji and Rei.
    [1] Asuka
    [3] Asuka Langley Sohru
    -[1] She can share room with Shinji, make it clear she can not share with Rei.
    [6] You know what? You have an opportunity to show yourself off as being 'Generous' and 'Transparent' in your activities, here. Cut a deal to let them both in. Another Eva pilot and if whatever Makinami is related to falls through, a back-up pilot, just in case. Reserve pilots and back-up plans are good to have... though, you have to wonder if any of the Evas will take a shine to her.
    -[6] They'll be living in the same building, of course. Sharing an apartment. You think... there will be an error with the water heating. The faucets and showers will only run cold.

[1] Have the Evas pin down the Angel with Pallet rifles and use their AT feilds to render the core open to an Airstrike.
    [8] The airstrike is only useful if the Evas are neutralizing the Angel's AT field, so hold the JSSDF back at least until that much.
    -[8] Have the Evas flank (come at it from two different directions) and move to melee at mostly the same time. Only use the airstrike if they need cover to pull back, or if an extremely good shot presents itself.
    -[8] Don't rely much on the pallet rifles.

-[7] If necessary, motivate Shinji with a "I have faith in you Son." Line.
    [6] Angels generate a biological force field, that can only be jammed and disrupted by the Evas. Make this clear. As such, the initial plan of assault is to lock down the Angel's position, disrupt its AT field, and then deploy the air strike, targeting the Angel's Core. If successful, this should in theory neatly destroy the Core and eliminate the Angel. .... If unsuccessful, then Plan B is for the Evangelions to stab it to death with giant knives. Ideally, this won't be required. Make no comment on any Plan C's.

“Deploy Unit 00 and Unit 01 on opposite sides of the fourth angel.” You say, and the orders are relayed as the pilots get into their entry plugs. “Operations Director- be sure to take advantage of outnumbering the enemy. You have permission to allow the JSSDF to make an attack with their jets, once the AT field is neutralized.”

You snag a passing lab tech and take his microphone, dialling the number into the base that, combined with today’s date, patches you into the pilots’ network, but you don’t say anything.

The scenario is ruined, but you still have a plan.

[​IMG]

When the Evangelions are deployed, they’re at wide angles to each other and the angel, freeing both of them to open fire as soon as they snatch a pallet rifle, Rei with disciplined bursts and your son with . . .

Well, at least he knows how to reload.

The angel’s advance stalls under the dual hails of fire, and for a moment it looks like the pilots are close enough to scramble its AT field, but after half a minute, the tentacles hanging from it’s stumpy arms glow brightly, and a lab tech screams-

“Code blue intensifying! It’s using its AT field!”

You bark into your pilfered mic. “Block with the rifle!” And Shinji throws his pallet riffle up just in time for the energy whip to hack into it, rather than his Evangelion. Rei takes a measured step backwards, but Unit 00 is unable to move as smoothly, and its arm is snared as the whip coils around it. “Ah.” She exhales, but brings the rifle around in her other hand to try to shoot the tentacle out.

Shinji whips around. “Rei!”

No use! The bullets vaporize as soon as they touch it.

Wait- That means. . .

Misato realizes it an instant before you. “It’s focussing its AT field on overwhelming Rei’s! Generals, we need that air strike now!”

Six streaks of fire and steel slam home almost simultaneously on the angel’s back, missing its core but sending it reeling.

Shinji lunges in, knife held high and a wordless scream echoing through the comms.

The progressive knife cuts the core all the way through, and Rei goes silent.

“Rei, are you all right?”

“I am. . fine. Are . . . you?”

You set the microphone down and sigh in relief. That was close. Those whips had cut right through your pilots’ AT fields. If either one had been deployed alone, you might not have been able to kill it so cleanly. As it is, all you need to do is put up with some more military swagger and repair some armor plating on Unit 00’s arm. And as a bonus, your son manned up enough to jump a on a giant phallic angel to save a girl.

You nod to the Operations Director as Unit 00’s timer runs out, and she tells Shinji to pick it up and bring it back down with him, and then you leave.

As you re-enter your office you dial your UN contact again. “I’m sorry. Something came up, but it wasn’t a threat. Now I have an idea that will get us both what we want. . .”

Two days later Mari Makinari, the Americans’ Evangelion pilot, arrives in Tokyo III. You don’t go to meet her yourself of course, that would tell her that she’s important, but from the deerstalker cap on her head and the magnifying glass she insists on looking back at the surveillance cameras with, you understand that she’s already been contacted by the U.N. to ‘spy’ on you.

You watch as Misato talks to her, and the backup pilot visibly brightens as she hears what the older woman has to say, though. . . there’s something odd about that child.

You’re reminded of a student intern from your days just starting at Gehirn. Smart, opinionated, and probably related to one of SEELE’s members.

Section two answers on the first ring. “Bring miss Makinari’s things to the pilots’ room. She’ll be staying with the others.”

It’s Wednesday, and since neither of the pilots suffered any major injury your ‘family night’ is still on. It used to be more of a family night, just you, your son, and the clone of your wife, but now there’s a new addition to the mix.

One that actually talks during meals, and assigns everyone her age nicknames.

“So I was wondering, who cooked this? Because this is some seriously good stuff here.” Mari says around a mouthful of salmon. “It wasn’t you, was it Blue? I swear I’d offer to eat fish every night if I got food this good!”

Shinji doesn’t get it, but Rei blushes. What has that girl been reading these past few weeks?

Neither of them seems to want to speak up though, and you’ve just had an idea.

A wonderful idea, that leaves taking away a few doors in the dust.

“My son cooked this.” You say.

What’s your idea?
    [] “And you can have him if you want him.”
    [] “But you have to ask Rei first. She has a claim already.”
    [] “But you have to earn him, first.”
    - [] how?
    [] write in

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Dues_machine and moonberserker like this.
  6. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

So, Rei got innuendo.

I will repeat that.

Rei got innuendo.

She is clearly time-looping. There is no other explanation.

7. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] "I have no qualms about giving my blessing if you wish to pursue Shinji romantically, though you might have competition." When Shinji withdraws from the room to get his embarrassment under control say: "May the girl who wants it more win; unless you decide to work together so none of the girls at the school win." Give a small chuckle. "His mother would have teased the two of you about it though she likely would have cheered loudest if it worked. she always wanted lots of grandchildren."

8. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Going a bit overboard, and uncharacteristically talkative. This should suffice.

[X] "You have my blessing."

This was a good decision.

9. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Unless we're messing around and seeing if the girls decide to work together.

10. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

It remains uncharacteristically talkative, and what the fuck is a chuckle?

11. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

chuck·le
    ˈCHəkəl/
    verb
    verb: chuckle; 3rd person present: chuckles; past tense: chuckled; past participle: chuckled; gerund or present participle: chuckling

laugh quietly or inwardly.
    "I chuckled at the astonishment on her face"

12. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Yes, I know what a chuckle is, but I'm pretty sure Gendo doesn't.

13. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

okay what do we say that might get the two of them to team up?

14. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

[X] "You have my blessing."

15. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

I am almost certain that no comment we make will convince them to go with polygyny if they otherwise wouldn't. That'll either happen or it won't. Best we can do is not turn them off of the idea.

16. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] "You both have my blessing." glance at both Mari and Rei.

17. Selias

Selias Well worn.

You called Mari "Makinari" a few times.

18. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Clearly everyone BUT us is looping.

19. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

Looping from different timelines/etc.? Because that'd be hilarious.

20. Heaven Canceler

- [X] Start telling stories about how you first met Yui. Ah, these were good times.

21. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

You have no idea how tempted I was to vote this, and add:

[X] Tell them how Yui used to love Kamen Rider, but they couldn't get the rights to make giant Riders as Evangelions.

22. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[X] Cough subtly. You should remind them of Da Rulez.
    -[X] "Speaking officially... there is some level of fraternization between co-workers that is heavily frowned upon, particularly at your age. There are various reasons, including rationality and the concern of mental health issues should the worst come to pass. Saying that, if you are caught doing so, then it could be problematic for everyone involved."
    --[X] Stress the bit about being caught slightly. Enough so that it can be noticed, but not enough that you cannot later simply claim you were relaying a mild prohibition. Having fun's all well and good, but you can't afford to be held accountable for your words, particularly when the girl is theoretically spying on you. Rei, at least, should pick up on the tacit permission hidden there, if she could cop to innuendo.

23. daydreamer

daydreamer Getting out there.

[X]plan chibi

the spill choker hates me.

but yeah I like that we can deny stuff mwahahaha besides we must be a magnificent bastard right?

24. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

[X] Chibi

Oh yeah, Mari's here to spy on us, isn't she?

25. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

[X] Chibi-Reaper

26. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

[x]Obey the tiny shinigami

Right, don't want SELEE to find out you're fucking with people instead of advancing their scenario.

27. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Chibi

28. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

[X] Chibi-Reaper

29. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Chibi-Reaper

If we keep that up we're really going to earn ourselves that World Best Dad coffee cup soon.

30. Heaven Canceler

Changing to

[X] Chibi-Reaper