1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ZeroXSEED, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Lucidum

Lucidum Verifiably Bored

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  2. Nnu

Nnu Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Join Mass Media club

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Nah. I'm good.

I'm currently on vacation after all my frustrating voyages on the high seas.

:D

ZeroXSEED, Nnu and Cuchulin like this.
  4. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Searching for One Piece? ;P

Renko likes this.
  5. Flagrais

Flagrais Absolute Catholic Reactionary Monarchist

[X] Join Mass Media club
    Changing my vote to Mass Media Club. As long as we don't make a new club this one is fine by me, Hikki has always been an eavesdropper anyway.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. Cane Toad

Cane Toad I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. BB54

BB54 Getting out there.

[X] Join Mass Media club

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. TastyPocki

TastyPocki Hi

[X] Join Mass Media club

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. The Brotagonist

The Brotagonist A Neo Outlook on Life

[X] Join Mass Media club

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. inlurkshadow

inlurkshadow Making the rounds.

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Observed

Observed Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

12. Fieryfoxpaws

Fieryfoxpaws Keeper Of Coffee

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  13. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Caladcholg

Caladcholg Getting out there.

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Him01

Him01 Not too sore, are you?

Better hope Renko is laughing when he reached it.

Renko and Cuchulin like this.
  16. kenmadragon

kenmadragon I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Mass Media club is all about social interaction, and forces us to work with the two shiptrash, obsessive fangirls that are Kose and Kino... For the sake of our sanity, we must avoid them like the plague.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Rain Sennin

Rain Sennin Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Join Mass Media club

Hikigaya creating a club? Do you guys really think that's in character? Even if he has another background he's still the same old Hikigaya inside, so I personally don't see why would someone like him even bother to create his own club, but okay x)

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Iroam

Iroam Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[X] Join Mass Media club

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Peddy-kun

Peddy-kun Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Join Tabletop Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. Cuchulin

[X] Join Tabletop Game Club.

21. ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

It's a tie...It's a tie and random curveballs.

*cries*

Peddy-kun and Cuchulin like this.
  22. Cuchulin

Would it help if I changed my vote to Survival Game Club?

23. Peddy-kun

Peddy-kun Getting some practice in, huh?

If you did that I'd change my vote to mass media club.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. knyght

knyght Not too sore, are you?

[X] Create your own Club
    -[X] Survival Game Club

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. kenmadragon

kenmadragon I trust you know where the happy button is?

And the tie is broken! ZeroXSEED

26. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

"The future refuse to change"
    - Me
    Vote Tally : The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff) | Page 12 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.6.0

[X] Create your own Club
    No. of Votes: 10
    Lmchakone
    bastur2
    Caladcholg
    Cane Toad
    Fieryfoxpaws
    inlurkshadow
    kenmadragon
    knyght
    Lucidum
    Observed

-[X] Survival Game Club
    No. of Votes: 10
    Lmchakone
    bastur2
    Caladcholg
    Cane Toad
    Fieryfoxpaws
    inlurkshadow
    kenmadragon
    knyght
    Lucidum
    Observed

[X] Join Mass Media club
    No. of Votes: 9
    TriGayatri
    BB54
    Flagrais
    Iroam
    Nnu
    Rain Sennin
    shanagan
    TastyPocki
    The Brotagonist

[X] Join Tabletop Game Club
    No. of Votes: 2
    Peddy-kun
    Cuchulin

Total No. of Voters: 21

"Let's create the Survival game club." You decide, "As for paperwork, that's easily done. The problem is equipment, airsoft equipment is very expensive unless you go for the bottom rung."

"Leave that to me. I have surplus extra stuff that I don't know what to do with." Ryuju says, grinning. "I have a lot of toys that I buy in bulk when I was like fourteen. They should be more than enough for noobs, so I'm going to donate it for the club to use."

"Sounds expensive, are you alright with that." Miyuki furrows his eyebrows.

"Nah, they're like 15-20K Yen at most." Ryuju waves her hands, her face looks rather tired. "Actually I'm thinking of getting rid of them eventually since they need battery replacement anyway, but dumping them in the trash feel like a waste."

Makes sense, 20K might seems cheap for what they are, but still no peanuts even for a rich girl.

"So we need a battery replacement for them." You write in a separate note, "I'll be sure to finish the club creation proposal this week, meanwhile we also need to recruit members."

"Leave that to me." Ryuju grins evilly.

"For the record, no extortion and blackmail, okay?" You ask her sincerely, "I want strictly voluntary members."

She widens her eyes in surprise, figures she will think of that.

"I'll help you to finish that proposal then." Miyuki offers, "I have not much to do this weekend, besides you should hurry. We only have a week left until the Shuchiin sports festival."

"Ah, crap." You mutter in response.

You just remember now that in the fourth week of October, there will be a sports festival, meaning next week you're will be busy preparing for class and schoolwide events.

"What's the minimum memberships for club creation again? Three?" Ryuju asks.

"Three is minimum, as long as you have three members, you can be assigned a small budget. The larger the memberships, the easier to justify a larger budget." Miyuki explains, "So club funding will be a little difficult on you at the start. This isn't something I can help with."

"Oh but there's something you can help." Ryuju smiles.

Miyuki twitches and back away, "I don't like that smile."

"You can register as our ghost member." Ryuju proposes, "We can use Athletic festival as a chance to advertise our club, if we get additional members right away, you can use student council duty as an excuse to quit."

Miyuki remains skeptical even then, "Is survival game even that marketable?"

"You'd be surprised." She winks.

Ryuju looks unusually confident, and you know that while her mindset can be freaky, she's not dumb and know what she's doing. Especially if she actually put any energy.

Plus she looks so happy, happier than you usually see her, so you can't really take back your words. You look at Miyuki pleadingly and he also looks rather disturbed by Ryuju's unusual excitement, if this continues then the study group will be a total mess.

"Alright, alright, I'll be placeholder members until you get more. But like I said, I can't really stay active in the club." Miyuki relents and agrees. "Now let's focus on our study shall we?"

You wonder if you can help Miyuki in some way, he really needs a well-paying job more than you do.

In terms of the ability to comprehend lessons, Miyuki actually lags behind you and Ryuju. As such, he always needs to put 108% in effort and invest much of his free time studying.

Studying alone for him might be a more efficient use of time, but even Miyuki can hit a snag, that's where you and Ryuju's presence can be handy.

Something like this must be done more often, since without someone to ask and clarify, Miyuki always brute force through problems and it's kind of worrying. His pride is too high and you and Ryuju are few people he's willing to show his weakness to.

"Now that's a quality study." He shouts.

Miyuki, you and Momo slap the workbook hard when you finish with them.

He looked at the clock on the wall, "And it's only 10.30 PM, record time I'd say."

As you understand Miyuki normally studies until midnight and then sleeps for what, like four hours?

"At this rate, you might be better off moving in." Ryuju remarks.

"Speaking of which, I hear the rumors." Ryuju mumbles, "So you finally score with Shinomiya?"

"Pffft, what are you even talking about?" Miyuki cackles maniacally.

"Yeah, it's pervasive gossips that spread ever since the election." You confirm, "The mass media club even snoop on me."

"Freaking vultures, should I get rid of them?" Ryuju asks lightly, with an annoyed face.

"Nah, I can handle them just fine." You tell her, "Besides at least they're being honest."

"Well, I guess if she asks me out, I might just consider it." He haughtily replies... while averting his eye away.

"Bullshit." Ryuju and you both call out his bluff.

"What do you mean 'bullshit', exactly?"

"Coming from someone who looks like he would cry when Shinomiya didn't pay attention to him, that's the least convincing part of this argument." Ryuju harshly points out.

As you understand, the main reason Miyuki start to study really, really hard is because he wants to build a strong image, strong enough to face Shinomiya Kaguya. And around the same time, he starts working with the student council with Momo working as Treasurer, and Miyuki as General Affairs.

Considering you also start to change a month ago after you meet her, that means Ryuju singlehandedly turned two meek boys into real men that can stand up to Shuchiin's elites.

Okay, that sounds lewd.

"Ah yeah, that's true." You also nod.

"You two just don't understand." Miyuki hiss, "I just want my existence to be acknowledged, that's all."

"If it's about existence, I'm pretty sure Shinomiya acknowledge you both ever since that day."

"That's not enough." Miyuki leaves the living room, "I'm going to wash my face."

"Stubborn piece of shit!" Ryuju swears quietly.

"Well, you know how Miyuki is." You shrug.

More than just being acknowledged, Miyuki wants Shinomiya to see him as an equal or even superior existence, and that's why he will bull through any obstacles in front of him.

You wonder if you should stop him from this futile struggle. But maybe it's for the best for him to have a goal to reach, no matter how impossible.

Dream betrays many, but hard works betray none. Someday, his hard work will surely pay him off.

CHAPTER 3

It's time for another session of electives. You can't wait to meet the crazy girls of mass media club once again.

NOT!

You didn't really hate them per se, as a matter of fact, you're humored by their enthusiasm and curiosity. But you don't have much time to deal with their shenanigans at the moment.

You need to complete the club proposal by the weekend, thankfully Miyuki says he will help but you can't be too reliant on him.

You already finished the draft which means at least much of the content of the proposal already assembled. All that's left would be smoothing out the edges and editing.

You can just ask them for help, but you don't want to get indebted. It's a death sentence to be indebted to another club right in the process of club formation.

That way lies slavery and future resentment.

"Today's topic is comparing the style of mass media in Japan and seeing the pattern."

You pay close attention to the lectures while occasionally throwing questions. Compared to other electives, Journalism seems to be closer to the actual class than freeform learning in calligraphy, art, or music.

It was so formal, even without assignment, grading or exam involved. So it feels like an additional class rather than a school-enforced time to relax and unwind.

You hear the four usual best friends whispering about right behind you as if they want to talk about something. They seem to be awfully concerned about something.

[ ] Ask them what's the problem
    [ ] Listen carefully (May come off as suspicious)
    [ ] Ignore

gohomepls, Taisei, Kildar and 43 others like this.
  27. Lucidum

Lucidum Verifiably Bored

[X] Ignore
    I refuse to change my vote, I refuse to change.

inlurkshadow and Cane Toad like this.
  28. Caladcholg

Caladcholg Getting out there.

[X] Ignore

29. Ideas-Guy

Ideas-Guy Versed in the lewd.

[X] Listen carefully (May come off as suspicious)

30. Cane Toad

Cane Toad I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Ignore