1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Pastebin Redacting And The Way To Save Content

Discussion in 'General' started by LordMentat, Dec 23, 2020.

1. LordMentat

LordMentat I Push Button

I normally don't do things like this but it is too important to be left alone or forgotten. I hope by posting in the off-topic section I am not running afoul of qq rules.

------

Not too long ago pastebin performed a act that lost a great many of things by adding a content filter that tried to warn readers away from paste that had certain 'words' or content in them. This was not too bad as you could still access everything.

But as of 2 weeks ago, that changed. ANYTHING that hits a red flag in the filter is or will be automatically set to private and unless you are the poster, you will never see it again on pastebin.

Greentext fics, normal SFW fics, how-to's, pic links, ect. are now lost. Even more so if the account that posted the item is a dead or anno account.

But there is still a way to get back everything.

You can save what was lost, BUT you MUST have the correct address for the fic you want to read (exp. of link: pastebin.com/fnvuMCZA).

Go to http://web.archive.org/ (waybackmachine) and if you are lucky and if the file was old enough, there will be a backup there.

Side note: Looking for a googled cache page will not work for some reason. Google just returns errors.

But for how long, who knows. I think some places can request backups to be deleted. So grab what you can if you can.

I ask that if anyone is able to save anything from the purge, and if they repost it somewhere that is not pastebin, please post links to it here so maybe some of the lost history, resources, and fics can be saved for everyone.

Note: If the original paster has done their own foot work and posted the content somewhere else, it is not necessary to post about it here. This is for paste that would be lost forever without help.

If people mostly have nsfw stuff to post, I will try to repost this in the nsfw off-topic section for that type of content.