1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lost Being

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Elmithian, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Elmithian

Elmithian Prolific Procrastinator

The Lost Being

The world. The seven seas of Artmur. The nine heavens of Ilith. The 5 continents of Lo. All was fine. All was peaceful. The universe of the Thirteen deities was calm and perfect.

Too perfect?

Anuthil swam through the skies of the planet Orsel, contemplating this feeling he was experiencing as the landlife below relaxed in the final rays of the setting sun. It was a new emotion. How could that be? The thirteen had created all emotions possible. And as one of the first creations he would have known what this was if it had been one of those... right?

Landing down on his favorite resting spot he looks over the nigh perfect mountainous scenery and sighs, the sound of dozen or so waterfalls creating a harmonious orchestra of nature. usually that would have been enough for him but not this time. Something was missing. But what? Everything anyone and anything could ever desire was readily available. The gods had made sure of that. So why did he feel so empty? Had the gods created him lacking? That couldn't be... The gods were perfect, thus he himself was perfect. That was a fact...

Feeling his eyelids grow heavier the dragon curls up around himself, his great frame nearly encircling the mountaintop itself. Maybe if he just.. slept for couple of millennias he might... feel better...

Unable to bear this sudden urge to sleep the dragon Anuthil falls into a deep, undreeming, slumber.

A night passes

A week passes

A year passes

Hundred year pass

*Chack-*

Hmmm...?

*Chackity Chack*

What was that...?

*Clack Crack, Clack!*

Sounds like those of wooden rods striking stone washing down a river... Rolling his head to the side he tries to disregard these new, vexatious, sounds.

"-Katcha chan! Lao No Ranga Draca!" Something shouts in unfamiliar language whilst that something pulls at one of his eyelids. Waking up instantly he open up his eyes, about to angrily shout at the.... tiny fleshy creature looking at him with open curiosity with a touch of... frustration? What was frustration? Shaking his head the fleshy bipedal creature nearly falls off, merely hanging on by grabbing onto one of Anuthil whiskers.

"Mara ro Draca! Inhed!" The perplexing creature shouted as it hit Anuthil harmlessly on the snout, its cheeks puffing up for some reasons. Those were... words right? It had been so long since he had heard the words of the god that he had nearly forgotten. Yet... those was not their language. This was something different, too rough and unrefined. The river didn't dance nor did the earth fall silent, nor did the sky itself split by the mere use of their language. Instead of quieting the world around it, the small voice had to shout to overcome the rumbling of the waterfalls, the wind, and even Anuthil own deep breathing. This was something... different.

Inspecting the fleshy creature a bit better he realizes that it was a youngling. Of what species he did not know. But it was undoubtedly a young offspring.

More careful he uses his will to lift the child up in the air so he could inspect it better. It looked well fed, the slight chubbiness of its body was an indication of good life. Yet most of its body was covered in... clothing? Was that the word? He had only seen the gods in such apparel so he wasn't sure. How odd. Its skin was furless for the most parts, with a bit of hair growing on the top, much like the gods, yet didn't appear to have any other examples of growth from what he could discern. Weird sounds came from its mouth as it hovered in the air. Laughter. Another word he couldn't know how he knew. Certainly none of the gods had ever made such sounds.

"Hanah! Hanah!" The child shouts gleefully as its waves its hands around, clearly enjoying being weightless in the air.

Moving his head back, Anuthil focuses on the child. "Where thou art from, child of life?" he asks, his deep, rumbling voice shaking the very ground with every word. He was not used to utter the language of the gods, until now there had never been a need. Perhaps he could get it to understand him?

The child looks at him again with a perplexed look, lack of understanding clearly written across its face. "Naho?" It says and tilts its head in confusion, an admirable feet as it was floating upside down.

Hmmmm... How could he communicate with it better...? Ah. An idea struck him.

Furling up his body he lifts up his tail, pointing it at himself. "Anuthil" He says. Hoping that the meaning was clear.

The child looks at him surprised, then a wide smile spreads across its face as it puts a hand on its chest. "Isra!" She shouts and laughs happily.

Without noticing, Anuthil mouth curls up in a form of a smile. The odd feeling he had been experiencing before gone.

A month passes by as he becomes ever more familiar with the child and it’s misadventures. Entertaining it, playing with it and feeding it. Soon the child’s laughter became somewhat of a necessity for the dragon to start his morn. So passes the time until…

….

….

As he looks down at the child playing around with the wooden 'toys' the sky suddenly darkens. Sensing the presence of a god, Anuthil wraps his body around the child, hiding it from sight... not that was of much use.

"Anuthil, our firstborn, please hand the disease over."

Disease? "What does thou mean, Great Siv, ruler of existence? What is this child, to require your personal interference?"

The god looks saddened, yet not surprised at Anuthil wariness. "This offspring is from a breed of beings so vile that we left that existence to create a new one. It is a manchild, and only evil will come forth from these hands of it. Now hand it to me so its existence can be concluded."

-----------------------------------------------------

This small thing was created when a friend of mine challenged me to do a “No backspace, Create as you go and no Planning Beforehand” type of challenge to get me out of a writing lul I was experiencing at the time. Didn’t do much to cure my writer’s block but the end product of the challenge itself was surprisingly pleasant.

The results are what you read above.... and I plan to continue the storyin good time. If you found this first part of it interesting/enjoyable, feel free to let me know. Criticism is also more than welcome.

CallMeIshmael, preier and Alexander like this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

My first thought was "Fuck the Gods, All Hail Humanity!". I'm curious about the story behind it, so I'll keep reading.

Elmithian likes this.
  3. Elmithian

Elmithian Prolific Procrastinator

Thanks. Can't promise regular chapters but it is not something I am going to be dropping either.

I was thinking about posting it on the HFY subreddit but haven't gotten to it yet since it takes forever to make a text presentable with their text format. It is, frankly, atrocious.