1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Nov 17, 2013.

1. shiki11

shiki11 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Every ANBU has at least chuunin proficiency in kenjutsu. You've not bothered with swords in the past, but...

[X] Tenzo knows the local flora better than anyone in town. Time to go looking for places from which to summon additional plants to add to your arsenal explore the beauty of nature!

[X] Strike up a friendship with that Sakura girl.

[X] Give in to Sasuke's pestering to be his sparring partner. Maybe you can help him burn off some of that excess energy he's carrying.

2. Qazplm

Qazplm Getting sticky.

[X] In his efforts to become a better Mokuton user, Tenzo has learned a lot about the fine print of ninjutsu theory, something Mother freely admits she knows next to nothing about. Soak up everything he can teach you like a sponge.

[X] Tenzo knows the local flora better than anyone in town. Time to go looking for places from which to summon additional plants to add to your arsenal explore the beauty of nature!

[X] Give in to Sasuke's pestering to be his sparring partner. Maybe you can help him burn off some of that excess energy he's carrying.

3. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

[X] In his efforts to become a better Mokuton user, Tenzo has learned a lot about the fine print of ninjutsu theory, something Mother freely admits she knows next to nothing about. Soak up everything he can teach you like a sponge.

[X] Ask for roses for your birthday. If you get even a half-dozen, you can work your way up from that.

4. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

[7] In his efforts to become a better Mokuton user, Tenzo has learned a lot about the fine print of ninjutsu theory, something Mother freely admits she knows next to nothing about. Soak up everything he can teach you like a sponge.

[11] Tenzo knows the local flora better than anyone in town. Time to go looking for places from which to summon additional plants to add to your arsenal explore the beauty of nature!

[11] Strike up a friendship with that Sakura girl.

[10] Give in to Sasuke's pestering to be his sparring partner. Maybe you can help him burn off some of that excess energy he's carrying.

And we have our winners.

5. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

missed my chance to vote then?

ah well, this was petty much my exact vote, except with roses instead of sakura

6. Felius

Felius Experienced.

Hmmm, mostly got my choices, although I would have tried a write-in to make friends with Shikamaru ("Hey, is that a toddler corps- Oh,wait, he's breathing."). :p

7. FurikoMaru

Stats are up on the first page.

8. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Insert line about gardening and blooming flowers here.

9. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Which reminds me, why haven't any of us been throwing out plant puns like crazy?
    It's perfect for this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  10. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

[X] Ask for roses for your birthday. If you get even a half-dozen, you can work your way up from that.

11. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

12. FurikoMaru

So. I need to cut down on the number of quests I'm doing, probably all the way down to one. So if you could only have one Furiko quest, which one would you want? Red Rose, NEIOU, True Lady or Cosmos Quest?

13. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

14. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

cosmos is the longest running one (that I read) but red rose seems to have potential.

assuming it ever got off the ground i mean.

probably stick with cosmos, it's got momentum.

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Same here.

16. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Red Rose.

This quest has more potential than the others, mainly because there is only one crossover and only one reincarnation.

17. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

I'm not personally interested in true lady or NEIOU, so out of the two left, my preferences are

Cosmos Quest, (Because Lupaaaaannn the Thiiiirrd!) first
    then Red Rose.

I like both of them, but if i have to chose i'll chose Cosmos

18. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

19. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

20. Undead frog

Undead frog Getting sticky.

Red Rose I don't know much about ether of the none naruto anime used in both quests, but honestly I'd prefer the one that currently has less reincarnations in it.

21. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

True Lady, to my knowledge, has zero reincarnations in it, but is not a Naruto quest. This is the Naruto quest with exactly one reincarnation, but NEIOU only has speculative additional reincarnations and still has only one actually implemented. To which are you referring?

22. Undead frog

Undead frog Getting sticky.

I mean I prefer Red Rose.

Better put it in a box eh?

[x] Red Rose

23. FurikoMaru

[X] If you take requests I have a few for you

Mrs Haruno is wearing an expensive-looking qipao when she drops Sakura off at your birthday party. So is Sakura, who looks very pleased with herself, stroking her tidy hair in a manner that, based on what you've observed of Mikoto-san, indicates she's just had it blown out.

It's all in stark contrast to your mother's scuffed dungarees and icing-stained fingers.

"Oh, crap," she says good-naturedly, "is it two already?" Wiping her hands off on her jeans, she runs over to the front door and greets the pair with her natural and infectious friendliness. Sakura's mother starts out stammering and formal, but is quickly tricked into speaking to Kushina like an old friend, much to her bewilderment - you doubt she expected such a reception from a clan head. After exchanging reassurances, Mother sends her on her way with a smile on her face and a bounce in her step.

Sasuke spends most of the party ignoring you and Sakura (he has recently learned of the existence of a mysterious force known as 'cooties') and eyeing the cake. At least, up until Mother tackles him and admonishes him to join in the games.

"Wanna spar!" he whines.

It's all he wants to do lately. When he can't train with Itachi or his parents, he pleads with his mother to take him to visit you (he has medical assurances that girls who don't mind mud and bugs are incapable of transmitting cooties). And he knows that you've been receiving personalized training to supplement your family training, something even his brother didn't get at your age, so it's impossible to get rid of him. You tried to show him how badly you outclass him the first time - you had him on his back before he could even draw breath to gasp - but all that accomplished was to make him complain when you subsequently held back against him.

"Yeah?" Mother says, smirking. "All right, Mr Tough Guy, how about this? If Sakura-chan can knock you flat on your ass, you stop pouting and start socializing, deal?"

"Deal," Sasuke says, at the same instant that Sakura yells "No!" in fright.

"Hey, don't worry, kiddo," Mother says, catching hold of the pinkette before she can run away. "I'll help you out."

"Girls don't fight," Sakura says, with the authority of a child repeating something they've heard a thousand times.

"Sure we do!" Kushina says in surprise. "Why wouldn't we?"

"No hitting," Sakura says, shaking her head. "Mommy said!"

"That's cool." Your mother holds up her hands in a nonthreatening gesture. "That's your Mom's rule, when we're at her house we'll follow it, won't we, Naruto?"

"Of course!" you say, nodding.

"But in this house," Kushina grins, "you can smack Sasuke for being an idiot as much as you want. Now c'mon, I'll show ya how to fight someone bigger than you."

They slip into the next room, posting you as the door guard. Sasuke shows no interest in spying, however; he just fidgets back and forth, adjusting the fit of his clothes and stretching.

"Can we spar after I beat her?" he asks you.

Sakura looks highly apprehensive, and only half-heartedly follows your mother's directions. If you had to guess, you'd say she's had some anger management problems in the past; she's an only child, so there's no older brother or sister for her to have heard her mother scold for hitting someone.

Finally the two stand opposite one another. Mother has helped Sakura change into a pair of your shorts and a t-shirt and hung up the qipao in the hall closet to keep it from getting damaged. Nervously, the little girl twists her blow-dried hair between the fingers of her left hand.

"Aaaaand... begin!" Kushina says, sounding for all the world like nothing is the matter at all.

Sasuke rushes.

Sakura flinches and shrinks back.

Sasuke is the youngest in his family. What happens next is inevitable.

*BAFF!*

Sakura screams, and clutches her eye. It's a little red, but it's not bruising, let alone blacked.

"Mother-" you say anxiously.

Kushina lays a hand on your arm.

Sasuke stumbles to a halt, and stares in disbelief. "Crybaby," he says sourly.

That's about the point Sakura grabs him by his belt and shirt and throws him over her knee and onto his back.

"DON'T HIT LADIES!" she shrieks.

"WHOO!" Mother hollers, throwing her arms in the air. "Nice one, Sakura-chan!

"Ooof," Sasuke replies, blinking slowly at the ceiling and wheezing.

Sakura looks like she just woke up from sleep walking. After a moment, however, she stoops over Sasuke with a concerned look on her face.

*DOOSH!*

Sasuke gets the other eye. Sakura doesn't scream this time, just whimpers and kicks him in the ribs.

"I knew they'd hit it off," Kushina says brightly.

You sometimes wonder how Mother and Mikoto-san became friends. The possibilities are infinite and horrifying.

Eventually the two children are seated on the floor, tears at the corners of their eyes.

"You hit too hard," Sasuke whines. "Nii-san and Mom don't hit like that!"

"They can't, Sasuke," you explain; you've had this conversation with him before. When grading blows, Sasuke's convoluted logic bypasses any question of actual quantitative force and rushes straight to the question, 'Did this person hit me as hard as they possibly could?' "If they did, you'd die."

"She must be really weak, then," he says, with a self-satisfaction that lasts as long as it takes for Sakura to box his ears.

"Sa-ku-ra! Not 'you' or 'she'!"

"Naruto?" Mother says in surprise. "When did you get into the cake?"

"I cut you a slice too," you say. "It's on the counter." You aren't worried any more; you know the drill on this kind of thing. They're going to be at this for a while.

Mm, sprinkles.

Eventually, Sasuke and Sakura are able to come to an accord. Sakura is to be referred to by her name, not to be tied with the epithets 'crybaby' or 'weakling' - or 'old hag', an insult Sasuke has apparently seen produce excellent effects in other women and decided to try out in this instance. It didn't go quite as planned, needless to say.

Sasuke, meanwhile, is not to be called an idiot or struck for no reason.

The wording of the truce is a little shaky, but it's better than most four-year-olds could manage. Sealed with cake, you hope it will last.

=

"Idiot!"

"Old hag!"

"Are we studying or are we sparring?" you ask wearily, pulling your drink off the table and out of knocking distance.

"C'mon, Naru-chan!" Sakura says, decking Sasuke in the nose. "Punch him! It's fun!"

-----

Yes, I used the word pinkette. Come at me, internet.

Ugh, I've got nothin'. Shit, guys, all my juice is pumping for my original stuff only. I'm sorry.

24. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Naruto created the Pink monster early, hehe. Wonderful.

25. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

They're adorable.

26. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

No problem. Is there someplace I can find any of that?

27. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[x] "Tell you what, two-on-one, you two against me."

28. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

I like this idea.

[X] Since it appears we're not going to get any studying done, how bout some sparring. Two-on-one, you two against me."

29. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Since it appears we're not going to get any studying done, how bout some sparring. Two-on-one, you two against me."

30. Barret

Barret Versed in the lewd.

[X] Since it appears we're not going to get any studying done, how bout some sparring. Two-on-one, you two against me."