1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The SFW image thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Biigoh, Mar 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Wootius

Wootius I trust you know where the happy button is?

2. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

3. fishbait08

fishbait08 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[​IMG]

One for the WoWS players- USS Farragut (DD-348) in 1935

4. Wootius

5. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

...is that Salter as Arthas, flipping us off?

Prince Charon likes this.
  6. Wootius

It is.

Prince Charon and Winged One like this.
  7. Imaginary Numbers

Imaginary Numbers Maybe a lolicon

8. Solvakian

Solvakian Versed in the lewd.

9. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

10. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

[​IMG]

One of the hottest classes in ragnarok, not just from working on the forge all day. ;)

11. fishbait08

[​IMG]

1971 Datsun 240Z

In the late 1960s, Nissan executives realized that in order to achieve greater international prominence and success, they would have to up their sports car game, and produce something better than the Fairlady roadsters to serve as a range-topping halo car. The design of the new car (internally designated 'S30' by Nissan) was heavily influenced by Yutaka Katayama, the maverick head of Nissan's North American operations as part of his effort to get Nissan to develop products that would appeal to American buyers. These influences included making the new car a coupe with bodywork inspired by European GT cars, such as the Jaguar E-type, having that design changed to be more low-slung with a roomier interior, in the choice of powerplant (a 150 hp 2.4L OHC L6 with twin carburetors,) dropping the Fairlady name entirely from non-JDM models, substituting the more macho-sounding '240Z.' and having the car sold at a price point within $200 of the MGB.

For a little over $3,500, a price comparable to the MGB and Porsche 914, and over a thousand less than other sports cars like the Volvo P1800, Corvette, and Jaguar E-type, the 240Z buyer got a modern sports car that could outperform most other sports cars on the market outside of the high-end stuff like the Corvette, E-type, and Porsche 911S, in a package much more reliable than the British cars, as well as offering better fuel economy than most of its competition, making it an instant hit, and Nissan was selling the 240Z as fast as it could build them. The 240Z put Japanese manufacturers on the map as not only being capable of making first-class performance cars that did well on both the street and in competition, but also cars that American buyers would find truly attractive.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    GoodMonday, Prince Charon and Imabot like this.
  12. gralrj

gralrj Know what you're doing yet?

Always had a soft spot for the 240Z since my father rented one in a trip to the US. Unfortunately, since I was 5 years old then, I barely remember being inside the car.

13. fishbait08

14. JudgeKing

JudgeKing I trust you know where the happy button is?

15. fishbait08

16. G.A. Kyoki

G.A. Kyoki Randys irresponsible handler

17. Wootius

Classic.

[​IMG]

Victory00, pepperjack, Imabot and 5 others like this.
  18. fishbait08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1973 Datsun 240Z

GoodMonday, Imabot and Prince Charon like this.
  19. Walkir

20. OverReactionGuy

[​IMG]

They know exactly what they did there.

Victory00, Noctum, Mistodon and 8 others like this.
  21. fishbait08

22. Solvakian

Solvakian Versed in the lewd.

23. Wootius

24. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

25. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

[​IMG]

26. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

27. fishbait08

Liz, Argosh, Tabac Iberez and 4 others like this.
  28. OverReactionGuy

29. fishbait08

[​IMG]

1974 Datsun 260Z

The 1974 model year brought the first major changes to the first-generation Datsun Z-car. The power-draining equipment needed to meet strengthening emissions regulations as well as the heavier bumpers and structural bracing to comply with new crash safety rules sapped the performance of the 240Z, so that the 1973 edition was notably slower than the original 1970 model. In an effort to restore the performance of their sports car flagship, Nissan engineers elected to enlarge the engine so that the more power a larger engine could put out would offset the losses caused by smog and safety equipment not included in the original design. Accordingly, the stroke of the car's L6 was increased by just over 5 mm, enlarging the displacement to 2.6L, and the model designation was changed to 260Z in order to reflect the new engine size. The output of the 2.6L motor was 165 HP in most markets, but early US market 260Zs only produced 140 HP as a result of several tuning changes made to the car because of an EPA crackdown on a number of tuning practices and engine management components commonly used across the auto industry that were ruled to be illegal emissions defeat devices. (Approximately half-way through the model year, Nissan worked out a series of modifications that allowed the full 165 HP output to be restored to US models while still being compliant with all relevant regulations.)

The 260Z also received a number of refinements over the 240Z, including a revised rear structure that notably increased structural stiffness, a rear sway bar for improved handling, automatic choke (the carburetor choke had to be manually set by the driver on a 240Z) and much more user-friendly HVAC controls. Furthermore, both the taillights and the interior were revised.

The 260Z would only be sold for for one year in the US, as the new type of carburetors used on it, which were supposed to be better able to deal with emissions controls, turned out to work poorly in practice, since between certain aspects of the design of the carburetors and certain government-mandated equipment, they were difficult to keep properly tuned, resulting in many drivability issues. In response to this, as well as in anticipation of further US emissions requirements, the 260Z would be superseded by the new, fuel-injected 280Z in North America the following year, although in other markets, the 260Z would continue to be sold alongside the 280Z as the base version of the car for the remainder of the S30's production run.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    GoodMonday, Imabot and Prince Charon like this.
  30. Walkir