• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Wait, so we are actually going to do this whole "Kill everything and everyone in our home universe" thing? How hard is Redemption anyway?
There's no need to actually kill everything, even for a loyal Abyssal. That's more of a theoretical long-term goal. It's not like most of the Deathlords pay the idea more than lip service while pursuing their actual agendas.

Redemption is a whole separate thing. It's hardly necessary unless you actually manage to run out of things that really need killing, a feat no Exalt has yet managed. There may be personal reasons to seek it, if the limitations of one's nature rankle too strongly, but it's pretty difficult and risky. Besides, someone has to guard the dead, who vastly outnumber the living.

Theo will have a power testing montage at some point early in the story regardless of which option is chosen.

As for the house Theo is in, its an inner city mansion. The Anders family does.maintain a penthouse near.medhall though.

So Redemption can involve "destroying a great evil like ones liege" right? Then what if we "turned" a great evil to the side of good by say seducing our liege :D? Also given we seem to have had an unrequited little crush on Laserdream should we go for her? Plus if Amy IS actually our cousin through Iron Rain that would make her one of the Herren Clan women and therefore "totally bangable" if we ever get that intimacy so yea or nay?

Let's hold off on the sexytimes with the Striker 9 until we've bought a Shaping defense.

With Appearance 5 and the fact that we DON'T support Nazism or the Empire I don't expect us to wind up in a situation where we're in danger of getting badtouched (maybe goodtouched though). With our improved good looks (literally one of the most beautiful people on the planet iirc) and our likely improved social skills we might wind up reducing her to a stuttering blushing mess if we talk to her.

With Appearance 5 and the fact that we DON'T support Nazism or the Empire I don't expect us to wind up in a situation where we're in danger of getting badtouched (maybe goodtouched though). With our improved good looks (literally one of the most beautiful people on the planet iirc) and our likely improved social skills we might wind up reducing her to a stuttering blushing mess if we talk to her.

You'll get to try soon enough.

You'll get to try soon enough.

heh :p

*bored Amy at party* bored bored bored bored why do I have to go to this stupid thing, WAIT who the hell is that? THEO!? Oh my god when did he get that good looking (I'm Attracted to someone besides Victoria YAY! I'm not a freak) ohgodohgodohgodhe'scomingoverwhatdoIdo

It's Earth Bet. If we kill everything on the planet, quality of life will only increase. :V

MOEP Abyssals reads as though all hopes of Redemption are just that, hopes, but the Scroll of Errata gives a lot of detail about how to play it:
So on one hand, being truly a hero and not having to deal with resonance effects making us look evil. On the other, the Lover giving us nookie if we do a good job and improving quality of life on Earth Bet through death. I am actually worried that I can't decide (though if the "seduce our liege to the good side" is a thing we can do for redemption then I am all for it).
[X] Plan Bii
No need to show father dearest how little we respect him (by barging into the meeting) yet.

Btw, how are we going to explain our sudden good looks? Lots of exercise, good food and some hair dye? Lots of plastic surgery?
Edit: Might as well try my hand at this plan writing thing then. I'll probably suck at it. Also includes an explanation for how our "allowance" is Resources 3.
[X] Plan Bio
[X] Go interject into Max and Aaron's conversation. Ask what he intends for you in the near future.
-[X] Take a quick shower beforehand.
-[X] You are done with passively letting others decide your future for you. If you are going to join the Empire, it will be on your terms. Terms such as an increase in allowance and more autonomy than a regular lieutenant.

How's that, Skitzy?

Last edited:
So on one hand, being truly a hero and not having to deal with resonance effects making us look evil. On the other, the Lover giving us nookie if we do a good job and improving quality of life on Earth Bet through death. I am actually worried that I can't decide (though if the "seduce our liege to the good side" is a thing we can do for redemption then I am all for it).
[X] Plan Bii
No need to show father dearest how little we respect him (by barging into the meeting) yet.
Btw, how are we going to explain our sudden good looks? Lots of exercise, good food and some hair dye? Lots of plastic surgery?

iirc I heard something about a Redeemed Abyssal Exaltation also allows you to learn Gaia charms and since she's basically Mother Nature "red in tooth and claw" they'll probably be pretty cool. Heck if we redeem ourselves (so we don't get smited by Heaven) and find out how to travel to Creation maybe we can go for broke and attempt to seduce Gaia and Luna so that would make up for loss of Nookie from the Lover :D

Last edited:
Theo's socialize and presence are high enough that it would be more along the lines finally growing a backbone and some confidence.

Its not entirely disrespectful and only minorly at that.

Max may actually respect and appreciate it. As its currently written. You could do a.minor write in that would be very rude if you so desired.

Any of the options are valid.

[X] Wait until your father calls for you. He will eventually. Getting powers is a big thing.

If there's going to be a power testing montage soonish anyway, I rather see it done in the presence of other parahumans. Plus it will be most pleasing to see how Max reacts to his flubby, chubby, useless son suddenly being able to do bullshit things. Casually lounging about, pointedly not doing anything seems like just the right amount of snubbing to give Max without crossing the line into outright rudeness.

He could also use the opportunity to shower. He is still covered in sticky drying blood under his clean clothes.

For some.reason he can't really.bring himself to care enough to need to take a shower. But there's nothing wrong with being clean.

[X] Wait until your father calls for you. He will eventually. Getting powers is a big thing.
-[X] Take a shower to wash off the dried blood
--[X] Don't lock the bathroom door in case any of the women want a show

iirc I heard something about a Redeemed Abyssal Exaltation also allows you to learn Gaia charms and since she's basically Mother Nature "red in tooth and claw" they'll probably be pretty cool.
For Abyssals, redemption involves becoming a Solar. What you are talking about would be more like a Gaian Infernal. While potentially interesting, it would also require an enormous amount of homebrew.

For Abyssals, redemption involves becoming a Solar. What you are talking about would be more like a Gaian Infernal. While potentially interesting, it would also require an enormous amount of homebrew.

I remembered something about how you should be able to learn Gaia and Autochton charms via PPE if you cure the Great Curse so a redeemed abyssal should be able to do so.

Playing in the Sun (I think) on SV has a solar using Gaian charms via an artifact.

I've seen a gaian charmset somewhere on the internet but I wasn't particularly enthused about it. I didn't get a trailblazer, mother, savage animal vibe from it.

Let's hold off on the sexytimes with the Striker 9 until we've bought a Shaping defense.
One of the two charms plans had Dream-Slaying Defense. It's not the plan that won. I'm working on a charms wishlist, but the first version of it will have ASAP and Need and Want all at once, with elements only separated by Ability tree.

Playing in the Sun (I think) on SV has a solar using Gaian charms via an artifact.

I've seen a gaian charmset somewhere on the internet but I wasn't particularly enthused about it. I didn't get a trailblazer, mother, savage animal vibe from it.
The basic version of PPE in Glories UCS explicitly mentions that GC'd Solars who learn PPE are restricted to Yozi charms and non-GC'd Solars are not:
Glories UCS p. 31 said:
Thanks to the taint of the Great Curse upon their Exaltation, Solars may use this Charm only to unlock the secrets of the mutilated lords of Malfeas. It is possible that a Solar who was somehow cleansed of the Great Curse could also unlock the principles of non-Yozi Primordials. Thankfully, the Abyssal Exalted and their Deathlord masters have never discovered a Charm building off Void Circle Necromancy to gain access to the magics of the slumbering Neverborn. The most well-informed gods of the Division of Secrets hope such a thing proves impossible.
The generally superior revised version of the charm in the Ten Thousand Scorpions homebrew does not have that paragraph. It makes learning the charm a much more involved process, most notably summoning and binding a 3CD. That by itself prevents a character from learning non-Yozi Primordial charms, though it too allows for the possibility of an Abyssal mirror charm that requires binding a hekatonkhire, so as to learn Neverborn charms.

Last edited:
I remembered something about how you should be able to learn Gaia and Autochton charms via PPE if you cure the Great Curse so a redeemed abyssal should be able to do so.
That is technically true but PPE is a elder essence charm that was invented after decades of work by an obsessed first age solar and all knowledge of it probably died with the first age. This isn't an easy thing they can do on the side after redemption it is an entire epic goal in and of itself, involving detailed research on primordial and convincing Gaia to share her charms.

[X] Plan Bio

*sigh* fine

That is technically true but PPE is a elder essence charm that was invented after decades of work by an obsessed first age solar and all knowledge of it probably died with the first age. This isn't an easy thing they can do on the side after redemption it is an entire epic goal in and of itself, involving detailed research on primordial and convincing Gaia to share her charms.

Not that hard, we just need Luna's "help" with that :p

I also like swagger.

[X] Plan Bio

(Man, you have to get in early to have any hope of writing an original idea, huh.)

Oh, I haven't said this in the thread, but since we're moving into the story, omakes and fanart do give extra xp.

The explanation is in the rules on the first page.

I'll be home in a little over an hour. I have to add xp and training costs in a tab.

Current vote tally!

[X] Plan Bii
X] Wait until your father calls for you. He will eventually. Getting powers is a big thing.
-[X] In the mean time, there IS the rather large "gym" that looks more like a combination boxing ring and dojo in the basement with the VERY well reinforced walls and ceiling. That room and the dummies and racks of lethal melee weapons in it are where Father and the other parahumans that he invites over practice. Why not do some testing of your own and see what you can do?
Votes: Biigoh, kinglugia, AZATHOTHoth, 1986ctcel (3)

[X] Go interject into Max and Aaron's conversation. Ask what he intends for you in the near future.
Votes: Anasurimbor (1)

[X] Plan Bio
-[X] Take a quick shower beforehand.
-[X] You are done with passively letting others decide your future for you. If you are going to join the Empire, it will be on your terms. Terms such as an increase in allowance and more autonomy than a regular lieutenant.
Votes: Biofan09, SwiftRosenthal, 1986ctcel, evildice (4)

--[X] Don't lock the bathroom door in case any of the women want a show
Votes: 1986ctcel (0)

Votes: dasstan (1)

Vote will close when I go on lunch tomorrow.

=====

Tomorrow should be a double post, a worldbuilding one and the next snip.

Last edited:

Don't feel like we should abandon all sense of who we are right off the bat. Want to lay low, at least personality wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back