1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. NoSoulNoRegrets

NoSoulNoRegrets Born Suffering

New
    [X] A more neutral location like somewhere on the Boardwalk, would require some sort of backup. But capable of being up to snuff.
    -[X] Be spontaneous, ask her opinions on places and things, and make her do a lot of Thinking. We want to learn her capabilities while also having fun.
    [X] Ask Sabah if she wants to go to the party tonight, as a way to get her style out there. In return, you get a discount on a future commission. You get a beautiful girl on your arm, she gets exposure, and you also get a discount. You'll also have to explain yourself to your father.
    -[X] "Sabah, I have to say that I'm really impressed by your work. You have talent. But, as I'm sure you know, you need a lot more than talent to succeed in fashion. Image and exposure is critical, and I think I might be able to help you there. There's a pretty big party tonight. All kinds of the local connected elite will be there: executives, politicians, even superheroes. I just happen to have an invitation for two, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to take you along with me for a da... discount on my next purchase? It'd be a great chance to show off your designs in person."
    "Did you just ask me out?
    "It'd be strictly business. Unless, of course, you wanted something else?"
    [X] Bank XP

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  2. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

Does anybody uses that "attunement motes" nonsense? I particularly either switch it back to overdrive motes or keep it a the 2.0 version as normal.

Skitzyfrenic and Tsotate like this.
  3. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

I've seen people say that, but I'm not convinced. There could be any number of reasons. This is a drama that might take a while to play out fully...

Even if we were using the full errata, which we are not, the changes to Ravening Mouth could be ignored, because attunement are useless things. The devs even admitted that they were the worst idea they ever had and no one ever actually used them. An errata'd version of the errata would probably have granted overdrive motes instead.

We don't appear to be using the BSG errata, which makes me sad because I want my killstick :(. It doesn't matter now, but we'll miss it when we have to fight a Brute. Well, a Brute who can regenerate their limbs...

Well, I once calculated that the soak boosters readily available to a Solar gave soak > 40L. At that point it tends to be the post-soak minimum damage that kills you.

Really, it's vastly cheaper to avoid getting hit, though endurance will then be an issue.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  4. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

Sabah's douche coerced her because all her friends sided with him and shunned her on his say so.

We have a Resonance Track: We can resist Victoria's Aura as UMI and then she's just a normal girl to us. A normal girl who has a tremendously overinflated sense of self worth, posturing like she's some shining beacon of awesomeness.

ryuan and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  5. Tsotate

Tsotate Getting sticky.

I'm not sure it's even that. The definition of UMI depends pretty heavily on Essence, so her aura is arguably just very strong NMI.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  6. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

I didn't check the errata for charms we already had. I'll peep it when I get home.

7. Princess Magnificent

Princess Magnificent WIth Lips of Coral And Robes of Black Feathers

Let's face it, people with a history of good decision making don't become Abyssals.

8. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

well for one thing unlike her trigger we're explicitly telling her upfront that its just a business thing unless she wants it to be more, that gives her control over the date and presumably what would happen on it so it won't trigger her uh "trigger trauma" (or at least not trigger it AS MUCH)

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  9. Skitzyfrenic

Honestly, Johann's badgering for Sabah to marry a white man is closer to her trigger than TDP asking her out on a business date (that will only be more if she wants it as such or it turns out TDP is a terrible rapist. If it was voted to out and out rape a girl I would kill this quest with fire. Even using charms to convince is a bit skeevy and the limits of what I'm willing to write. So basically its as much a date as Sabah wants it to be. TDP is only going to ask once plus a confirmation if he isn't met with a particulaly forceful if polite no) because it can be considered harassment.

But in neither case is she also met by social isolation. TDP is allowing a chance to increase her network and be less socially isolated. Even if only in business terms.

tDP knows none of this. Which is why its a viable option.

10. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Sabah also seems to be friendly enough as long as you're willing respect her boundaries (IE Lily obeying her rule to not cross the line denoting the edge of her territory while patrolling) so she might start out cold at first and warm up to TDP if he shows he's willing to follow her intructions/rules and TDP being willing to let her take the lead on the "date" due to lack of confidence/experience would probably also help her feel at ease? Plus this is before all the stress and constant struggle to protect her family/neighbors from villains/criminals/looters after Leviathan and the S9 and having someone who's admitted to being allied with the guy currently DEMOLISHING her territory try to recruit/negotiate with her.

Snake/Eater and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  11. Princess Magnificent

Princess Magnificent WIth Lips of Coral And Robes of Black Feathers

I doubt we'll be seeing rape, but you should probably steel yourself for Unnatural Mental Influence.

12. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Eh UMI is just doing something like "make a (supernaturally) good argument that the other person can't ignore outright and has to actually think about it" unless they spend Willpower iirc

MHLord and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  13. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

That's Solar UMI. Abyssal, Infernal, and especially Alchemical UMI are significantly more hardcore. (This isn't a reason to shy away from them.)

14. Skitzyfrenic

That was specifically what I was referecing with 'charms.'

15. Skitzyfrenic

Gonna go play league tonight with my other imaginary friends. So have a current tally(Votes will close in the morning when I wake up). And Princess Magnificent I didn't mean to sound snippy. You have the most amazing lips and your robes are super fashionable (please don't kill me).

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 28 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.1.6
    [X] A more neutral location like somewhere on the Boardwalk, would require some sort of backup. But capable of being up to snuff.
    -[X] Be spontaneous, ask her opinions on places and things, and make her do a lot of Thinking. We want to learn her capabilities while also having fun.
    No. of Votes: 10
    evildice
    1986ctcel
    Biigoh
    dasstan
    Kerfirou
    Lon
    NoSoulNoRegrets
    SerbobIV
    Snake/Eater
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Bank XP
    No. of Votes: 7
    SwiftRosenthal
    1986ctcel
    Biigoh
    Lon
    NoSoulNoRegrets
    SerbobIV
    Snake/Eater

[X] Ask Sabah if she wants to go to the party tonight, as a way to get her style out there. In return, you get a discount on a future commission. You get a beautiful girl on your arm, she gets exposure, and you also get a discount. You'll also have to explain yourself to your father.
    -[X] Though honestly after the conversation we just had, I can't imagine her accepting, but we are hotter than Adonis so whatevs.
    No. of Votes: 5
    evildice
    Biigoh
    dasstan
    Kerfirou
    Lon

-[X] "Sabah, I have to say that I'm really impressed by your work. You have talent. But, as I'm sure you know, you need a lot more than talent to succeed in fashion. Image and exposure is critical, and I think I might be able to help you there. There's a pretty big party tonight. All kinds of the local connected elite will be there: executives, politicians, even superheroes. I just happen to have an invitation for two, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to take you along with me for a da... discount on my next purchase? It'd be a great chance to show off your designs in person."
    No. of Votes: 5
    SwiftRosenthal
    1986ctcel
    Biofan09
    NoSoulNoRegrets
    Snake/Eater

[X] Something a little more upper middle class(On edge of Empire territory), as not to intimidate with wealth, but still enough to wow. Followed by a movie?
    No. of Votes: 3
    Marthis
    Anasurimbor
    Drak4806

No. of Votes: 2
    burningclaw2
    SerbobIV

-[X] Wait until you are home before telling Dad about the date, to avoid making a scene. Explain to him that apart from being technically Aryan, she is just some fun on the side and that the woman to bear our children will be pure white-white ideal Aryan. Afterwards, proceed to wash your mouth to clean out the bullshit you just spewed.
    No. of Votes: 1
    Marthis
    [X] Set a trap for Lisa, its only right to be cautious.
    burningclaw2

[X] Ask Sabah if she's taking commissions now. You could use a gift of a nice dress to butter up a girl, like Gwen or Kayden.
    Drak4806

[X] SwiftRosenthal
    dasstan

[X] Sabah is a very nice (newly revealed) Aryan girl (and older), ask her out, as in a date. There will be much explaining to be done.
    Anasurimbor

[X] Purchase:
    -[X] Scathing Cynic Attitude(Mirror: Sagacious Reading of Intent)
    Anasurimbor

Total No. of Voters: 15

=====

I will be available to post, just not write a snip.

16. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

There is a lot of variation in UMI. What you said fits most Solar UMI charms.

Generally Infernal charms that use UMI are far more mind control-like or direct mind altering.

Sidereal charms are a mix if causality manipulation, and straight mind manipulation. Most of the their charms are fairly short term and subtle. Except for Cash and Murder Games that one is one of the most terrifying social charms in the game and oddly enough isn't a UMI charm simply because it doesn't work in a manner that allows you to spend willpower to fight off the initial technique.(you spend it later to resist the effect for a scene and enough scenes of that ends it)

I'm not sure if Abyssals resemble Solars in this aspect.

MHLord, kinglugia, 1986ctcel and 2 others like this.
  17. Anasurimbor

Abyssal social charms are fairly similar to those of Solars. The big difference is that they tend to be more limited. Solars can build or destroy, while Abyssals can only ruin.

A good example is Broken Heart Triumph vs. its Solar mirror You Can Be More. The former can turn a positive intimacy into hatred. The latter gives the target an intimacy that the Solar has(whether positive or negative). At first this seems like a reasonable balance, until you realize that Solars can adopt and discard intimacies on a fleeting whim. The contrast between the essence 4 upgrades is more striking. YCBM can turn a random extra into a heroic mortal. Great for obtaining useful minions. BHT demotes a heroic mortal into an extra. While hilariously spiteful, this is generally substantially less useful.

Abyssals do have some nifty exclusive tricks. Heartless Fiend Insinuation makes it extremely difficult for low compassion characters to resist them. Killing Words Technique makes their charms cost health instead of willpower to resist. This can easily reach the point that a mortal must submit or die.

MHLord, Least Devotee, skaro and 8 others like this.
  18. Skitzyfrenic

Vote closed. Banking our XP. You will be taking Lisa to a nice place on the Boardwalk and will be quizzing her, for lack of a better term, to test the limits of her thinker power. But fun is pretty key too.

You will be asking Sabah to go to the party with you. The subvotes can both be incorporated so I'm not going to ask for.a tie breaker. You will realize that your earlier discussion is of the fucked up kind but your really really fucking handsome, and your pitch will be full of truthful flattery and assurances that it will only be as romantic as she wishes, and its for the primary reason to get Sabah's fashion exposed to the socialites of brockton bay.

Though you wouldn't mind it being a date.

MHLord, skaro, ZipLopz and 3 others like this.
  19. Threadmarks: 10- Apologies and Dates
    Skitzyfrenic

"So," Sabah picks up the next part of your conversation, smoothly but her tone is less cordial than before, "Your dad is a World War Two buff? Does he specialize in little red flags with a swastika on them?"

Oh goody, more people thinking you are a Nazi. (Though, you will admit having more than a passing knowledge of the Nazi ideology is somewhat suspicious in Brockton Bay) Not like Victoria Dallon hasn't ruined your social life at Arcadia by frequently mentioning that Max Anders is suspected to be a white supremacist. Its not like you go around pointing out how New Wave is guilty of several crimes including emotional child abuse.

(Just look at Amy Dallon and the way Carol Dallon publically treats the greatest hero on New Wave's roster as the least, and all of those 'Panacea and my daughter, Glory Girl' moments. If that isn't indicative of emotional abuse, you'd eat your hat.)

Well, he is, and you're not, but that's a bit besides the point. Its incredibly rude. And, frankly you're a bit tired of it.

You don't want to cloak yourself in fear and death like you did against Jessica, but you do want a little more 'oomph' behind you right now. Your face becomes grave, and you let indignant aggression bleed into your stance, as your forehead cracks open and blood leaks down your face.

"We are not our parents," you snap as you stand, "I understand that the conversation we had before is uncomfortable, but it gave you an out with Johann's fascism. One that wouldn't get you fired."

Sabah is looking at you eyes wide.

"I know that if I confirm whether he is or isn't, the next words out of your mouth will be imply the same about me. Because I know things. Because I am educated about and do not wish to see a repeat of a great baseless tragedy. I am tired of people thinking that because I am white and wealthy in a city with a neo-Nazi criminal organization that I must be a neo-Nazi. I resent that inaccurate conclusion, Miss Sabah!"

Are those tears beginning to form in her eyes? Her lip is trembling a bit. You've overdone it. And consequently you feel bad. Sabah is a nice girl, you just wanted to make it clear how offensive you found what she was implying.

You take a deep breath and calm yourself. You offer the poor girl you've nearly driven to tears an apologetic and sheepish smile.

"I apologize, Miss Sabah, I lost my temper. Never-the-less my point remains, education does not mean bigotry, just like it does not mean free-thinking."

She sniffs and pulls a handkerchief from one of her pockets. She dabs at her eyes. Sabah looks at you and offers a similar smile back.

"I'm sorry, Theo, I didn't mean... You're bleeding!"

That you are, you dab at your forehead with your fingers and pull them back to look at their red stained tips. You attempt to wave off Sabah, but she is already in your space dabbing at your face with the cloth she just dabbed at her eyes with. Not wanting to let her see the perfect cut of your mark, you manage to trap her hand as it goes to wipe the blood away. A quick moment later and you are the one holding the handkerchief to your forehead.

"Thank you," you offer quietly and genuinely.

As you sit in the incredibly awkward silence, you again curse your seeming abandonment by the elder men, who are apparently having sex with the coffee machine. Sabah is still standing near you, seemingly a bit lost. You had an idea earlier and now might actually be a decent time to bring it up.

You pick up the sketchbook that had fallen from your lap. And start flicking through it again. You can feel a bit more blood weep out into the cloth you're holding to your head. You're not sure when you'll get used to that feeling.

You project honesty, some excitement, and a little bit of inspiration. You also instantly know that she doesn't want to offend you again, despite also wanting to go have some non-lewd private time.

"Sabah," you say, drawing her attention to her designs, "I have to say I'm really impressed by your work. You have a real talent here. But, as I'm sure you already know, you need more than talent to succeed in fashion."

Sabah looks intrigued, and a bit confused, but offers a nod of confirmation. You give her another smile, and manage to coax one out of her.

"Image and exposure are critical, and I think I might be able to help you with that. There's a large party tonight that has many politicians, the city's wealthy, representatives from the PRT, the Protectorate, and the Wards. What is most important is that many of the politicians bring their teen and college aged daughters. Who, from personal experience with many of these girls, love spending money on fashion."

You give her a moment to let it start to sink in. Her excitement is building a bit, though suspicion is starting to show.

"I happen to have two tickets, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to bring you along with me for a da-" you tongue might have just tripped on itself, "a discount on my next purchase? It would be a fantastic chance to show off your designs in person."

You know that your cheeks are red, and its not because of the blood. Sabah pick up on it though, given the quirk of her lips. Overall, though, she is looking a bit disquieted.

"Did you just ask me out?"

You've been caught out.

"It'd be strictly business, a chance for you to get your name out there," you say trying to recover, though you aren't entirely successful as her lips quirk again, "Unless, you'd like it to be something more?"

Now she's sporting a full grin and is amused.

"I forgot how clumsy some guys can get when asking a girl out. It was a nice try though."

She heads back to work, and quite frankly, you're a bit bummed. Sabah seems to be thinking a lot harder than before, and the minutes pass quietly save for the sound of your suit being tailored.

By the time she speaks up again, your forehead has closed up.

"It can be just business? Not funny business, or hank-panky business? We arrive separately, enter together, I'm free to go talk about my wares, you're free to flirt with other girls, and then we go home separately?"

You nod slowly at her strangely intense and piercing stare.

"There would have to be a modicum of 'date' to it, but just enough to say that we're there together, whether it's a pleasure date or a business date. Instead of something that might paint you as..."

"Using my body to seduce you for my own gains and then dumping you as soon as I got what I wanted."

Sabah is a sharp one. You hope that whatever the outcome of taking her to the party is positive. Having her as an asset could come in handy. She has ambition, maybe fronting some capital? It would diversify your portfolio.

She nods sharply.

"I'll go, as a business," she stresses the word, "deal. When does the party start?"

"Technically six, but no one really starts arriving until seven."

The rest of the time being taken to tailoring your suit is full of discussion about what Sabah actually has. Your conversation is briefly interrupted when you remove yourself to the bathroom to clean up. On the way back out you grab your wallet. You remove forty dollars from it and lay them on the table.

The indignation in her eyes builds rather rapidly.

"For the handkerchief, blood doesn't come out easily," you state quickly.

Luckily, you only have to survive a brief death glare, followed by a quick thank you. Discussion head back to what she's going to wear.

Sabah's dress and jewlery:

[] Write in/Art/Picture

Finally your father arrives, with Johann in tow. It's been hours. Old Johann for his part gets you a few more upscale things that don't need to be tailored, for day to day use, until such time you can get tailored things. He also starts needling Sabah about marriage. And being Arab.

"Mr. Heimer," she states smoothly over his correction of 'Herr,' "Theo here told me the most interesting tidbit about myself. You see, my family is from Basra, Iraq. But before that my family came from southern Iran. I'm Indo-Iranian, or Persian, not Arabic."

Old Johann shoots you, then your father a grim look. When your father nods, the old coot breaks out into a wide smile.

When you left forty-five minutes later, you were still shooting Sabah apologies with your eyes. Old Johann is a bit more educated about Nazi matters of race than you thought. She was being subjected to a list of suitably young men that Johann knew.

"Mr. Heimer."

"Herr Heimer."

His correction goes ignored, yet again.

"I'm going to the party tonight with Theo. There's no need for your matchmaking."

Ah, her revenge, just as you leave. Such a crafty one. The gleeful words of Old Johann drift away as your father is practically dragging you to the car, stone faced. The tailored suit is stored, and you slip into the car.

The beginning of the ride is done in silence, and you take a moment to e-mail Lisa back with an idea of where to have your meeting.

=====
    There's a nice dinner and dance place on the Boardwalk, Fire & Ice. Its expensive enough, and exclusive enough, to warrant calling ahead for seating, but isn't so upscale that well-to-do families or college student with some extra money can't go.
    Upper middle class at best.

But it does have the advantage of more private booths in the back, a hold over from the Bad Old Days, when independents and villains would meet to discuss terms. It wasn't Somer's Rock level of neutrality, not much can match a deaf barkeep, but it was better than drawing attention by going to a place known to be a meeting place.

It would be a nice dinner, with some discussion, and if things went well, some dancing. Even if she feels the same way about her 'uncle' as you do about your father, it would look very much like a date. Giving the both of you proper excuses.
    With how she acted earlier, Lisa will be able to play the part of girl being woo'ed by a wealthy young man well. Through proper conversation, you should be able to suss out her powers, or have a good idea of what they do and how to use them.

The reply is a interesting.

YOU CAN GET US INTO FIRE & ICE?! Of course you can. You're Theo Anders, you make more in pocket change than most people earn.

I hear its the best place for underage people to go have more club type fun. I'm wicked excited! Yeah, Tuesday works for me.

I'm really glad that we can help each other if it means I get to have fun too! :D

======

Shortly after receiving Lisa's reply your father speaks. His eyes are forward and his words are weighty.

"Its never been about race, Dark Prince."

The incredulity on your face would be worthy of a 'funny video' show. Max looks at you, before returning his attention to the road.

"Its always been about power. I simply inherited a racist power structure from your grandfather and it gives me power. I am not superior because of my skin color, or even my birth. I worked hard, Theo, to make MedHall what it is, and keeping it legal, barring hiring practices, so that you and Aster would have something when I died."

Another heavy look is shot your way.

"I don't particularly care about skin color, I care about usefulness. The Empire is useful. And as such I use it to the best of my abilities and fulfil my obligations to the organization. This organization is something that you will inherit from me."

"You asked that girl to the ball, and played the party line well enough, that you can satisfy the hunger for power with having a beautiful and ambitious young woman on your arm brings and without destroying your ties to your already established power. You were then going to wait until we showed up at the party to tell me, forcing my hand in a splendid, if amatuer, power-play. I approve. You keep it up and you will make a fine King one day."

Theo's Response:

[] Disbelief - "No way, why didn't you say something before if that was true?"

[] Agreement - "That's... rather close to what I was thinking. Minus hormones."

[] Denial - "That's not it at all! She's simply useful social camouflage. Half of Arcadia already thinks I'm an E88 sympathizer. Its to get the heat off of me."

=====
    XP earned: 4 xp

Theo's Training:

Theo will have a single training block of 5 hours (one training day) in the afternoon.

[] Write in

[] Purchase:
    -[] Write in

[] Bank

=====

Sabah's actions:

Sabah and her response to TDP. The part where she was trying to find out if he was a Nazi was one of Theo's hot-buttons, and he can be rather scary even if he isn't full Dread Lord. But his apology was heartfelt (and social-fu'd to be a better apology) and so Sabah could work past it. She has been asked out prior to her trigger, when she was younger, but people weren't fucking cock smoochers about her rejection back in middle and high school.

Sabah is a bit business savvy. TDP is Exalted, and trying to be somewhat subtle which leads to something of a bi-polar disorder. If TDP delivers, Sabah is in a really good spot. It increases her socio-economic standing by a lot. Sabah realizes this and is willing to swallow her doubts and fears for this chance. Especially since there will be Law Enforcement at this party (PRT/Protectorate) and she is denying TDP any real chance to do anything untoward by arriving and leaving separately.

She's a smart girl, and the rolls said she was gonna do it as a business deal. It would take some social fu at the party to get her to change her mind from business partners-ish to friends-or-more (Plus her pesky sexuality).

If the part goes well for Sabah on any level, and enough attention is payed to her, TDP will gain the 'Business (Sabah's fashion)' intimacy and 'Sabah's currently unnamed business' as a resource. It won't make the resource background go up at all (yet), but it will provide some benefits, such as ease of access to high end clothing for women. Or for TDP if he doesn't want to go to Johann's. It will also, if it goes well, unlock Sabah as the default date to any socialite type party TDP goes to.

Keep doing well by Sabah and she will become an ally and TDP will find out who she is some of the time (Parian). Post Leviathan this could be REALLY awesome, but it is a long way away.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  20. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

I see you. :p
    Gonna think on vote for a day or two. I know crap all about women's dresses.

kinglugia, 1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  21. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan Bii

[X] Sabah, has opted to go for stylish and elegant coat, white lacy blouse, and pants that matched her coat in a way that harkens back to an elegant noble lord. Very stylish, if "manly", that was also feminine at the same time.

[​IMG]

[X] Agreement - "That's... rather close to what I was thinking. Minus hormones. Even so, why didn't you say so before?"

Theo's Training:
    [X] Purchase:
    -[X] Scathing Cynic Attitude(Mirror: Sagacious Reading of Intent) (8 XP)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  22. Anasurimbor

[X] Disbelief - "No way, why didn't you say something before if that was true?"

[X] Purchase:

This is probably the most useful thing we can train right now. It will even be ready for the party. It lets us cut through all kinds of social maneuvering by letting us see what people actually want to get from their arguments. Such cynicism is perfect right after finding out your arch-Nazi father doesn't even care about race.

23. SwiftRosenthal

[X] Purchase:

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  24. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[X] Purchase:

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  25. SwiftRosenthal

The Black Box Opened is a very nice quality-of-life charm, but I don't see it being useful before we start work on Best AI... which I don't see Theo even discovering for at least six months. SCA directly helps us in the short term and we can learn it in a single session.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  26. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

....... :( Larekko is not amused. The only thing more bullshit than this stance being canon would be Lawyer mom actually saying that in public.

Anyway. Invisitext.

And all three emotions are an apropriate response in part Hell they are an apropriate composite response. Really.

27. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

But it DOES totally sound like Theo has a little cruuuuuuuuuush and is projecting/getting worked up on her behalf (which sounds adorable) :p

Budda002, MHLord, kinglugia and 2 others like this.
  28. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Adorability at the cost of making non bitches extreme bitches is bad adorability.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  29. Skitzyfrenic

Or it could be poor remembering, personal interpretations of the actions Carol Dallon has taken towards her adopted daughter that TDP is aware of, projecting his own issues onto Amy who also seemed worn down by the world, personal interpretation that Amy Dallon is, in fact, hands down, the greatest Hero on New Wave and a great dislike of Carol and Victoria Dallon further tainting TDP's perception of the situation.

You, Larekko12 don't feel that way, but TDP does. TDP also thinks Dean Stansfield is giant fucking douchebag, but I'm sure that lots of other people think Dean is a really nice guy. There are some thoughts that get thrown in there, they're from TDP's PoV. I can't stop and ask for a vote every time I want TDP to do something. We'd never get anywhere.

We have a bunch of meta-knowledge that TDP doesn't have access to. Like Parian's trigger. That Taylor Hebert is slated to receive the QA shard and save the world by being Khepri. That Cauldron exists. That Eidolon wanted worthy opponents. That Amy is the daughter of the Marquis. That Tattletale is asexual.

To TDP Emma Barnes is something of an up and coming model local to the city, and something of a low rung socialite (generally polite, very good looking, but a little bitchy every now and again) due to her father's connections. To all of us, she's a crazy, crazy girl who punished her best friend for grieving her [Taylor's] mother and desperately needs therapy. As another example.

30. dasstan

dasstan :)

[X] Plan Biigoh