1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

It's NOT public knowledge that Anders == Empire.

Prince Charon and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  2. NoSoulNoRegrets

NoSoulNoRegrets Born Suffering

[X] Plan Bii
    [X] She's set her boundaries, cultivating a good relationship will pay off in the long run. Pay enough attention to her that everyone (including Sabah) is sure of who she is there (and friends) with, but not enough to let everyone (including Sabah) think that you are there together.
    [X] Socialize target: The Mayor and nuclear family, includes Rory (Triumph) and girlfriend Sam (Prism)
    -[X] Start mapping out the social web from them.
    [X] A Prince is the highest of noblemen, and noblemen should be loved by the peasants.
    Stunt! for Socializing - Extra Dice is always nice
    A prince is a prince, noblest of nobles. And yet, the Mayor was the king of the city, for a set term, but the king who ruled from his palace.
    And yet, Theodore Anders was the scion of Max Anders, the rather wealthy owner of Medhall. One could say many things about the Anders, about their quiet way of promoting caucasians over other ethnic groups, or their possible nazi ancestry and so on. But one can not deny that the Anders were a power of Brockton Bay, the employers of numerous people, the source of votes and money.
    And thus, 'Theo' smiled as he was introduced by Mayor Christner to Rory and Sam, his son and his son's girlfriend from New York. A meeting of equals as Theo's father went off to speak with the Mayor, to be seen with him on good terms.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  3. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

No, but Vicky suspects and has been trying to push it into Arcadia's collective consciousness at every opportunity.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

That's the issue... Vicky would obviously go "she's your token 'colored' friend, huh?" or "I guess you're willing to allowed colored into your little white boy club if they're pretty girls."

SerbobIV, Fredo and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  5. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

[X] Plan Evil
    Cuz teasing is fun.

On another note, I am now somewhat conflicted on what we are going to with Max. Obviously we are going to overthrow him either way, but should we still kill him?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  6. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

mmmmmm well if thats the case then we should just screw with her by shamelessly flirting with her sister :D

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  7. evildice

I dunno. It's just insane to think that the party organizers would KNOWINGLY invite both Empire people and Shadow Stalker's civie ID.

I choose to imagine that these people are not total idiots.

It will be dramatic and angstful and we'll always have a special place for his wisdom in our heart, and for his skull on our bookshelf.

But yeah. Eventually. Right now it's looking very eventual.

8. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Stalker is there in costume on PR duty.

1986ctcel and evildice like this.
  9. evildice

In that case, it'd be DOUBLE insane to let her near known Empire people.

I mean, she's not known for her saint-like self-control, nor for her tolerance of gangs.

Thus, I would like to assume that nobody knows the Anders are strongly tied to the Empire.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  10. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Yes because despite being our dad and caring for us he's still willing to sadistically butcher people he deems beneath him like when he's fighting Lung and talking about how he and his people are "savages" and iirc executing his men while they're restrained and helpless in front of Lung while torturing him with metal spikes.

11. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

From the start of update 10:

Just because she doesn't know how strong the tie is hasn't stopped her from spreading the idea that there is one.

12. Biigoh

They don't -know- that the Anders are the head of the Empire. That's more Victoria being Victoria.

Shadow Stalker is there on PR duty and that's that.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  13. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Like New Wave is one to Talk....;)

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  14. Biigoh

Also... you know what.

Let's go full bore! Let's BE the Empire.

Max has admitted that he had to be hard and be distant because of the Empire's backers, who now has an interest in Theo because DARK PRINCE! That he didn't believe in the creed he talks.

He wanted to leave a legacy for Theo in the form of Medhall, which he had build up on his own for Theo and Aster.

In short, let's NOT screw ourselves over by pulling a Purity/Kayden. Or by killing Max.

Rather, let's BE "evil" and play the role of Kaiser's heir apparent. We can learn and study from Max because Parahuman Power isn't EVERYTHING as he's shown us. Let's see how far we can go.

And if it's possible to break the shackles that the Empire is held back by. And if it's not, we break them.

15. evildice

Aaaaaah, I'd missed that.

It made sense for Sabah to notice because of how blatantly racist her boss was, and how well Max got on with him. But I gotta say it's weird if Victoria knows anything about us.

I mean, knowing her personality, I find it difficult to imagine that:
    - Victoria would be content to merely attack us socially, rather than physically, if she suspected anything.
    - Dad to tolerate the social attacks against his family's good name by a known hot-head.

It's not my story, and maybe Skitzy can make it work, but just based on what I know of canon, Vicky's behavior doesn't seem to fit.

Yeah I think that was basically always the plan.

Own the Empire, make it less racist / horrible in general, and fuck all the bitches. Not in that order.

Skitzyfrenic and Snake/Eater like this.
  16. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

As was fought over farther back in the thread, she hasn't said anything that can be proven in court, and heavy scrutiny of Mehall might lead to some raised eyebrows *cough* money laundering *cough*. Plus he can blow it off by pointing out she's a known hot head who "doesn't know anything about business." Also suing someone over vague rumors they might have spread tends to end with people thinking "the lady doth protest too much." like that guy who tried to get google to take down all links to news stories about his bankruptcy that became internationally famous because of it.

That said, there are only suspicions of Max Anders' collaboration, and Vicky is at least smart enough not to physically assault a younger teenage boy because she thinks his dad is a Neo-Nazi, especially because she's under massive public scrutiny. Plus, she's over enthusiastic about fighting crime, not a thug.

17. unsafejakal

unsafejakal Not too sore, are you?

[X] Plan Evil

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  18. Skitzyfrenic

Let's see if I can clear some stuff up.

True, but there are several families/people/organizations who suspect at least sympathy to the Empire.

Not as true. Vicky regularly enough implies that the Anders family is racist, and so the rumor around school doesn't die and is prominent enough in the gossip mill that Theo didn't make any friends who aren't racist(The whole not a racist but pushed into being one because people kept treating me like one thing). She out and out said it at one point, it didn't go so well for her. She actually got punished at school and Carol let it stand with a lengthy discussion on how not to say shit like that in public.

She would say something like that but less overt. Something more like 'diversifying your portfolio, Theo?' Carol has had to read Victoria the riot act on this at least once, with a few more strong reminders to watch what she says in public.

Covered Stalker being in costume...

Wards don't get briefed on potential civ IDs of villains for this exact reason.

The PRT 'does,' which means Coil 'does' (Its hearsay and they know but the files don't say outright. Like Kaiser's file will read 'Identity: REDACTED' for most people but Piggot and Armsmaster's files will read something like 'Identity: Max Anders(Strong Suspect)' followed by a few other names), it . But they won't act on it because that would mean attacking MedHall and MedHall is the largest single company in Brockton Bay and has a large employee base (many of of whom have no idea that MedHall is tied to the Empire in a roundabout way or that they were hired because they were white) and the Anders family sits on the board at the Anders Memorial Hospital. Right now, because the status quo is maintained so well, gutting the Empire by pulling a Coil (releasing identities) would trash the city's economy even more. Legally they could get away with it, but it would do more harm than good to the city.

And he's only suspected because he always seems to be surrounded by only white people. Given that most rich people in CT or NH are probably white anyways(Like the Stansfields and the Dallon/Pelham alliance, le fucking derp)... Yeah, good reason people. Could just be classism. The Anders family does donate to charities that aren't white exclusive (though usually white majority) and occasionally gives a free ride at the hospital to a PoC (though white people are more frequently given this free ride). Even Richard did similar things back in the day, for a little bit of social camo.

As mentioned above, Victoria said something to the effect of 'Max Anders is a neo-nazi, so Theo must be too' and got smacked pretty hard over it. Mostly because it was said in front of teachers (Vicky was focusing on Theo at the time, and Arcadia's teachers actually do their jobs unlike Winslow, so when Theo looked heartbroken and his new friend who happened to be non-white hispanic basically ran away, causing more heartbreak, they stepped in) and Max certainly made 'gonna sue the ever-loving fuck out of your family, but I'm willing to let children be children if you fucking handle your shit, Carol, and the school doles out an appropriate punishment' overtures (coming across as the bigger person, which really pissed Carol off). Victoria knows enough about cape law and stuff that without solid proof and a criminal act she can't do anything physically. Which does add to her frustration over the whole 'Anders=Nazi' mentality that she has (because of Carol).

*pleased badger noises* Though Max has fought to keep MedHall as legit as possible (So if Theo or Aster never trigger they can have a mostly legit business) and uses other businesses in his and the Empire's portfolio to most of his laundering. (Some still does happen) MedHall is mostly guilty of not hiring non-whites or people who are openly homosexual/transgendered as far as race/bigoted crimes go.

=====

Gonna do a tally at some point tonight.

19. Skitzyfrenic

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 34 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.1.6
    [X] Plan Bii
    No. of Votes: 7
    Biigoh
    1986ctcel
    derkan
    Kiriel
    NoSoulNoRegrets
    Nyrath
    SerbobIV

[X] Socialize target: The Mayor and nuclear family, includes Rory (Triumph) and girlfriend Sam (Prism)
    No. of Votes: 2
    Biigoh*
    NoSoulNoRegrets*

[X] She's set her boundaries, cultivating a good relationship will pay off in the long run. Pay enough attention to her that everyone (including Sabah) is sure of who she is there (and friends) with, but not enough to let everyone (including Sabah) think that you are there together.
    No. of Votes: 7
    Biigoh*
    Drak4806
    Kerfirou
    Marthis
    NoSoulNoRegrets*
    Selias
    Snake/Eater***

[X] A Prince is the highest of noblemen, and noblemen should be loved by the peasants.
    No. of Votes: 4
    Biigoh*
    Marthis
    NoSoulNoRegrets*
    Selias

[X] Plan Evil
    evildice
    Biofan09
    SwiftRosenthal
    unsafejakal

-[X] "I hope you don't mind a little teasing." (use superpowers to figure out how far we can go)
    -[X] Soon enough, she will ache for us.
    No. of Votes: 1
    evildice**

[X] Socialize target: The Mayor and nuclear family, includes Rory (Triumph)
    -[X] It's nice to be on a first-name basis with powerful people.
    evildice**

[X] Secondary socialize target: The Stansfields (Including Dean as Dean)
    -[X] "Sometimes it's nice to be an heir, isn't it?"
    evildice**

[X] Write-in
    -[X] The major risk that I'm taking this evening is internal politics: inviting Sabah. Making the evening with Sabah go off flawlessly, ensuring that neither of us is embarrassed in public or private would be a very solid win.
    -[X] I learned a lot today, let's not stop now. My goal tonight is to figure things out, not to make more waves.
    evildice**

[X] Plan Snake
    Snake/Eater

[X] I am a humble but proud Prince. Generous to those who please me, terrible in my wrath to those who displease me.
    No. of Votes: 3
    Snake/Eater***
    Drak4806
    Kerfirou

[X] Socializing targets to be determined later
    Snake/Eater***
    Drak4806
    Kerfirou
    Marthis

[X] Let the people come to you.
    Selias

* Counted in Plan Bii
    ** Counted in Plan Evil
    *** Counted in Plan Snake

Total No. of Voters: 16

skaro, 1986ctcel and evildice like this.
  20. evildice

That's cool. Did I miss this, or was it just not implied clearly enough for me to pick up on?

It's a fine reason for Vicky to be so enthusiastic about her Empire thug-bashing activities, just like she is in canon.

I really like how nuanced your vote output is.

Snake/Eater and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  21. Skitzyfrenic

I left out the punishment bit. It was in muh head. So if I wasn't clear enough in my other stuff, I could be like here, this is why Vicky has held back, besides things like Amy being there to cool Vicky's heels, Carol being a lawyer, and New Wave being so PR dependent.

Yay?

22. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Fleur:Geez I'm not reason enough?

:p

23. Threadmarks: Omake : Elsewhere...
    Biigoh

- - -
    Elsewhere...
    Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation OMAKE

- - -​

Most of the Docks were territory held by the Asian Bad Boyz, or at least a good portion of it.

Everyone knew that the Empire had declared the business district, the northern half of downtown and the trainyard to be theirs.

No one knew what powers Coil had, but it was good enough for his Organization to gain control over half of Brockton Bay's downtown. Some even said that he had tentacles in the legitimate side of things and controlled far more than most suspected.

While the Merchants controlled the portions of the city that no one wanted, the only true territory of value that they had was the ports of the Docks that the ABB didn't want.

Which meant that fights happened now and then over territory.

And yet, there were limits, there were rules. The prime of which was don't cross the line, do not bring the heat down on everyone.

Which meant that fights had to be limited, there were durations that one couldn't go pass, there were weaponry one wouldn't use.

And the current fight had gone far across the line, as tracer bullets from automatic weapons and more... exotic weapons in the form of explosives that did odd things and direct energy weapon were being used... with two abandoned office warehouse buildings being used as fortifications by ABB gangers and the Merchants.

The vagrants, the bystanders had abandoned the area once the first shot had been fired. Which left the police officers who had responded, parked outside the entrance to the street that led down to the no-man's land.

The low rumbling whine of an overpowered futuristic engine was the only hint that the police officers had as Armsmaster drove his motorcycle into the street, without a single hint of fear or concern for the ongoing firefight between the gangers..

The kickstands swiveled into place as he pulled to a stop before the firefight.

There was a soft thud from the soles of his power armor boots as he got off his motorbike. The chiseled chin with its sculpted firm and manly beard, the glimmering blue and silver armor, with the dark visor. Everything about Armsmaster spoke of a man who worked hard to be a hero, to bring the law down upon criminals.

There was a slight cough and sub-vocalization as the mic in his helmet engaged.

He paused for a moment before speaking, allowing the speakers on his motorcycle to position themselves for maximum amplification.

"This is Armsmaster."

His amplified voice was nearly overwhelmed by the continued gunfire.

"I. AM. THE LAW!"

Now, the gunfire slowed down as the gangers took in the power armored figure standing on the street as if without a single care in the world with his ramrod back.

"Drop your weapons! And surrender." He continued relentlessly, with citizens he could be gentle. With minor criminals, what needed to be said was easy. But with the situation he found himself standing amidst, he had to be overwhelming and firm, no backing down or away. "You are all under arrest!"

"This is your final warning."

His last words echoed between buildings.

A pause that dragged on before a portion the wall of the slightly shorter office building was simply carved out by a fossilized stone sword in a single flowing motion.

Armsmaster frowned as he sub-vocalized into his microphone once more, alerting the PRT and Protectorate response team of cape involvement. A new cape that had joined the Merchants perhaps a year ago.

They had assumed that Rose Red was a striker or perhaps brute of some sort. And yet, it had taken months of painstaking encounters before they had worked out what she was.

A tinker, one who had had time to build up a stock of toys.

"I don't know about that." A mockingly cheerful female voice echoed out in amplified counterpoint.

The carved out wall was kicked out to fall on the street, and the Protectorate Branch leader looked with his own eyes at the tinker that some said had taken over the Merchants.

She was tall and slender. The only nod or attempt at modesty was a simple fishnet 'shirt' that served as a short micro dress, and a black thong. A simple visor covered her eyes.

Her forearms were covered by a pair of thick obsidian bracers, the soft glow from within said bracer indicated that it was more an aesthetic sense behind the design of her equipment.

The same could be inferred from her obsidian high heel boots that reached up to her knees as she rested one foot upon the remains of the carved out wall.

Her long curly hair, tied in a pony tail, waved in the cool night breeze.

"Tell you what, Armsy. Seeing as I've been stuck here in Brockton Bay for the last little bit, I've gotten a bit bored." She looked down at the hero and smirked before continuing to speak as she thrust her thong covered crotch in his direction. "So, why don't you suck on my pussy, give my clit a good lick and I'll let you go on your way like the good little boy that you are, and I can get back to my grown up stuff."

The merchants behind her burst out in boisterous cheers and raucous laughter at her reply.

Still, as he looked up at her, he knew this would be... tricky. Given the way that she had fought and captured Shadow Stalker, before proceeding to humiliate her, he knew that she knew the concept of restrain and moderation.

Granted, that might have been because of what she had proceeded to do with the young vigilante; in the sense that she had the unconscious heroine stripped naked but for her mask before being strung upside down from a construction tower crane in the downtown core.

The girl had agreed to join the wards after she was rescued from her bindings of insulated live-wires.

And yet, her reputation might never recover from that single encounter.

This would be tricky, he admitted to himself.

- - -
    To be continued... maybe
    - - -​

24. Skitzyfrenic

For around 1k words, Tanuki is awarded .5 XP

For references to Judge Dredd, Tanuki is awarded .5 XP

That's familiar...
    Hmmmm. Is that...?
    Definitely.
    Totes.
    They did think that.
    And it came out as that!

For dropping an older Rose Knight (from the Goblin Queen) playing as a drugged up, super slooty version of herself into ostensibly an Elsewhere version of TDPs Brockton Bay and in charge of the Merchants, Tanuki is awarded .5 more XP

I do hope this gets a continuation to tie it a bit closer to an Elsewhere that has an Abyssal!Theo at some point. But frankly I'm excited I got anything even vaguely approaching an omake in my thread. Which reminds me...

For funnies and giggles, evildice is awarded .5 XP and may suggest a title. (Otherwise 'evildice's Theo and Rory')

25. evildice

A Triumphant Misunderstanding

(added title to post, too)

26. Snake/Eater

I can't wait for more Misunderstandings.........;)

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  27. Biigoh

How about some custom charms for The Dark Prince to learn/create later on?
    Consuming Void Stance
    Cost : 1+ mote
    Minimums : Melee 4, Essence 2
    Type : Reflexive (Step 1 or 2)
    Keywords : Combo-Ok
    Duration : Instant
    Prerequisites : Five Shadow Feint
    The abyssal moves, his anima consuming the weak essence of those he faces. Certain and strong blows emasculated as they go awry, defenses giving way before the abyssal's forcefulness.
    The abyssal may spend motes to reduce the die pool of his opponent's attack at a cost of 1 mote (up to a maximum equal to his essence) per die. The abyssal may reduce the DV of his opponents at a cost equal to 2 motes (up to a maximum equal to his essence) per static value reduced.
    At essence 4+, the abyssal may spend as many motes as he likes.

Relentless Entrophy Strike
    Cost : 3 motes, 1 willpower
    Minimums : Melee 5, Essence 3
    Type : Supplemental
    Keywords : Combo-Ok, Mirror, Obvious
    Prerequisites : Consuming Void Stance
    Charging the entrophic essence of the Underworld into her weapon, the abyssal strikes but once. Her opponent may attempt to dodge, only to fall short, parries are simply shattered in the face of the abyssal's essence.

The abyssal's attack is supplemented by the charm, and will always hit. Resolve the attack as normal. If the attack would have missed without this charm, then it hits, calculating its raw damage based on an assumption of 0 attack successes.

Mirror - The solar mirror charm "Divine Warrior Technique" functions identically and has "Infinite (Melee) Mastery" as its prerequisite charm.

Obsidian Shrike Technique
    Cost : 2 motes or 4 motes
    Minimums : Melee 4, Essence 2
    Type : Simple (speed 4)
    Keywords : Combo-Ok, Mirror (Iron Raptor Technique), Obvious
    Prerequisites : Blade Summoning Gesture
    To advance the cause of the Neverborn, the abyssal learns to let go and accept risks. Throwing her weapon at her opponent, the abyssal strikes at range. Expecting nothing in return, it is only by the grace of the Neverborn and the essence within her does the abyssal's weapon return in a blazing arc.

At higher essence, the exalt may spend more motes and throw arcs of dark entrophic energy from her weapon instead of the weapon itself. This enhanced effect costs 2 additional motes for a total of 4 motes.

Least Devotee and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  28. Snake/Eater

we should try to socialize with Calvert.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  29. Skitzyfrenic

[21:07] <Bii> Question Skitzyfrenic, for specialties in Favored/Caste ability, will you rule that it's instant like the abilities or are they stuck at a standard 3 weeks for all specialties?
    [21:08] <Skitzyfrenic> Instant. If you can gain arguable mastery in a general subject instantly, it shouldn't be hard to gain a specialty instantly.
    [21:08] <Skitzyfrenic> Why in the fuck, white wolf, would it take three weeks to gain a specialty in something that your PCs have mastery over?
    [21:08] * Skitzyfrenic bangs his head against his desk.
    [21:10] <Bii> ish checking with you first ^_^

So this happened in the IRC and there were some misunderstandings about posting it. Its a headspace thing, please warn/ask permission that you're posting something from IRC that was between you(in general) and I.

Specialties in favored or caste abilities train instantly, just don't abuse it. The potential is there and after I thought about it I understand a bit why Onyx Path/White Wolf made it take three weeks period, but I don't want to spend all of TDPs time training up skills. I'd rather do story stuff.

30. Biigoh

The Dark Prince spends all the XP and gets ALL the specialties... every one of them ever. He's the next Victor!