1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Yep

Snake/Eater and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  2. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

Fuck Taylor and fuck the setting. I'm all for dropping this irredeemable mudball into Oblivion.

AZATHOTHoth and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  3. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

I'm not sure how to take that, or respond to it.

You mean drop Bet into Oblivion or the quest?

AZATHOTHoth and 1986ctcel like this.
  4. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Yes. People through a disproportionate self defeating hate of emma left her the wreck of a person she became in canon thus causing her to abuse Taylor and ruin most of the value either other have as people and assets. Emma is broken and taylor not broken enough. I mean its not like the majority of people in our battle bro and to bang list arent worse than emma on her worst day.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  5. ryuan

Bet of course.

If the setting requires an utterly contrieved sequence of actions orchestrated by a crazy woman to defeat not-God by throwing bodies at the problem with perfect morale until not-God gives up, then the place deserves to be un-made completely and absolutely.

AZATHOTHoth and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  6. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

So earth needs to die in a fire?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  7. ryuan

No, it needs to be droped into Oblivion. There's a difference.

gale, SerbobIV and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  8. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Yeah no fuck that, thats just misrepresenting the setting up to be stupidly grimderp and even then I think most everyone living on Bet would rather live instead of getting dumped into OBLIVION.

gale and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  9. mishie

mishie Experienced.

"Yeah, fuck these people for being stuck in a shitty situation that they had nothing to do with, what a bunch of dicks."

gale, 1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  10. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

That's probably true, but that doesn't make Emma relevant to Theo, or to this story.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  11. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Look at the bright side: Lunar!Taylor is still possible. She can hardly be expected to Exalt without first doing surviving something worthy of an Exaltation.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  12. Sarek

Sarek Getting sticky.

Honestly, Taylor had her story and it isn't this one. Let things develop organically - if she becomes a focus character through the development of the quest, so be it. However, I feel no need to force her into an important role in this quest simply because she was the main character in canon.

13. Skitzyfrenic

Sorry guys, probably no snip tonight. Got super serious confirmation about my eviction. Have to do the find the apartment thing like quick.

Biigoh, Prince Charon and 1986ctcel like this.
  14. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

Or she could just die. That would work too.

15. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

I prefer Lunar!Lily for all the feelz to be had when we (and our girls) wind up giving her a real "family" and place to call home.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  16. Threadmarks: 13- Deflecting Discussion
    Skitzyfrenic

Good news! Have some apartments lined up to look at! In celebration, have a snip!

=====

This was a reversal of an old song and dance. Normally you'd give compliments (frequently genuine), and they'd reply with something uncreative and formulaic. You decide that, in the end, to do the same, with a misleading and reasonable answer.

"Well, it didn't take much," you shrug slightly, "MedHall, as a medical pharmaceutical company, has connections in the medi-Tinker and chem-Tinker field. You shouldn't be surprised what money and connections can do if you really want to change and be... to look good."

Rory gives a nod along with a knowing smile. You tap your cold-bone power source again, he wants to sound out if you plan to join the Wards.

That won't do. You've already made something of a commitment to Max. You need to change the course of the conversation. This is the first time you've met Sam.

"I am very sure we haven't met before this, Sam," you give her a winning smile as you draw her attention away from Sabah, you turn slightly to bring Rory into the conversation as well, "When did you meet this delightful lady, Rory? I hadn't realized you'd gone off to the Big Apple recently."

The two of them blush. They don't want to reveal that they met in costume, but it seems that they'd thought of this question before when Rory's answer comes smoothly.

"You know that I hurt myself and can't play ball anymore, right?"

You nod, sporting a sympathetic look. Rory had been slated to go play Division I in college and go pro after. Really, was a shame he 'got hurt.'

Sam reaches out and places a comforting hand on her boyfriend's bicep. She wants to comfort him, because she knows how much he misses it.

"So, I went to go talk to the Yankees coaching staff about what I needed to do to get on a MLB team's staff," he continues, giving Sam a brief smile.

They're quite into one another, you muse. Sabah, who you can see from the corner of your eye, wants to steal Sam from Rory. And maybe snag you too. Maybe.

That was... certainly interesting.

"Went on a local's tour of the city, met Sam at a cafe, and we just hit it off."

The two of them start making cow eyes at each other. They start leaning into to kiss, and you cough lightly into your hand, reminding them that they are in public.

Now that you've heard about Sam, it wouldn't do to fully introduce Sabah. A light touch to the small of Sabah's back gets her to take a startled half step forward. You give her a quizzical look, before flickering your eyes to your opposites. A half-smile is your answer.

You are thankful that Sabah is letting you lead in this. She wants to do it herself, prove that she's independent, strong enough for this. You note to look into it later.

"Rory, Sam," you make sure to include both of the blushing couple, "Allow me to re-introduce Miss Sabah. She is a very delightful lady who I simply had to bring. She has been a treat even beyond her skills at tailoring and fashion design. Intelligent, witty, funny-"

"And beautifully dressed too," Sam cuts in, and a drop of power returns to you, "We were talking about your dresses, before the boys dragged us back. I didn't get to ask, but why didn't you wear a dress?"

"I wanted to show that I could even make a man's style look good on a woman," Sabah explains, "and to make something of a splash. Get people to remember me, you know?"

Their talk is interesting as it eventually gets into things you didn't know about fashion. Cuts, materials, and so on. But the most important thing that you notice is Sabah's eyes keep diving to Sam's cleavage.

Quick as a whip, but only you seem to notice. Sabah has also scooched a bit closer to you. Perhaps a hand could have been placed between you earlier, but you can feel the heat from her hip now.

Mentally, you frown, and dig out some power for your newest spell(? You really need a better name, sounding like Myrddin would make you the laughing stock of the Empire).

Sabah likes girls, but can't deny that you are very handsome, and is unsure of how to act in front of a boy she might be coming to like on some level when she is also in front of girls.

You resume what power you were using before, just as Rory needs to cover for his father in greeting arrivals. goodbyes are exchanged and you offer your arm to Sabah. Her grip is a bit different than before and she does walk slightly closer to you.
    If you didn't have your power, you'd think nothing of it. But her confusion is confusing you.

"Sabah," you say quietly as the two of you make your way to the refreshments table, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice where your eyes travelled during that conversation."

Her blush is furious and her eyes take on a defiant look as you hand her a drink from the table and motion the two of you just out of the way.

"I like girls," she states bluntly, "Is that going to be a problem?"

She doesn't want there to be one. Neither do you.

"Just girls?" you ask blandly, before taking a sip.

There's a moment of hesitation, before a small nod. You give her a small smile. She wants to let you down gently, but you don't give her the chance.

"I," you indicate yourself, risking quite a bit, she could take it poor, "also happen to be a connoisseur of the female form, perhaps we can aid one another in romance as we do in business?"

Her face is priceless. Something of a mix of shock, awe, and a dab of interest. In you. She quickly recovers.

"You want to be my wingman?" she asks incredulously.

"And I want you to be mine. So," you wave your hand in a small gesture, "let's mix business with pleasure. Who shall we talk to first?"

Sabah fully recovers, though a small blush has appeared on her cheeks, and again you feel a surge in your reservoir of power. That had been happening frequently, maybe when you take risks you get power back? It definitely would be something to explore later.

Her eyes probe you for a moment, before turning to look out on the floor at the various groups.

"You've been to these parties before, who should we talk to?"

You point out and explain as you go.

The Stansfields stand near Assistant Director Renik, though Dean is over by the younger generation of New Wave, minus Crystal.

The Wards on site, the always adorable Vista, Kid Win, Aegis, and Shadow Stalker, are on PR duty and 'entertaining' much of the early teen and pre-teen crowd. That makes the rather striking red-head in a green dress stand out even more.

Dauntless is rubbing shoulders with Mr. Calvert, you know from previous parties that the skeleton thin man is a consultant for Endbringer shelters and PRT procedures during Endbringer attacks.

Velocity is bouncing from group to group, making small talk. Armsmaster is somewhere nearby. The head of the local Protectorate was notorious for staying at the party proper for just long enough, before patrolling nearby.

Parties like this had been hit before, back during the Bad Old Days, given the concentration of rich people. Armsmaster would pop in briefly every now and again. You might be able to catch him, if you're quick about it.

The elder members of New Wave, including Crystal, were speaking with a well to do family you didn't recognize. They bore a resemblance to the striking red-head over by the Wards.

Other than that, there were a few families you recognized floating about. You pointed out the ones that you would have to say hello to just in passing, and ones for you and Sabah to avoid, in relation to possibly Empire sympathies. Then there were the ones that were in the city's Stansfield camp. The Stansfields owned the biggest IT company in the Bay, and your families did not get along at all.

"Your thoughts?"

Sabah shrugs, and takes up your arm, bumping her hip into yours slightly.

"Up to you, I'll follow your lead, don't fail me now, wingman."

Who talk to?: (You may vote for two minors instead of 1 and 1.)
    [] Major (5 left)
    -[]Write in

[]Minor (6 left)
    -[]Write in

XP Gain: 3 XP

Motes: Net gain -2

Purchased: (Princely Mien ●●○) for 6 XP

=====

17. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

So Vicky and Amy? Or Sophia and Emma. Or go hunting for Mrs Robinson with Zoe, Carol, and Sarah.

Sophia and Emma would be depending on if it's known she's black less damaging and give time to build up our Wingman gig. Get closers and more familiar and known before rounding up to hit Vicky and crew while she's fishtailing.

kinglugia, 1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  18. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I so want to vote for Vista. Just to, you know, make her night.

Vista, and since Sabah is kinda college, maybe Emma's older sister?

19. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

The important part of becoming a Lunar is looking death in the eyes and spitting at it and keeping that up until you start glowing or your heart stops. Later story Taylor fits that perfectly but I'm not sure about early Taylor.

Skitzyfrenic and 1986ctcel like this.
  20. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Lung fight maybe? Assuming Parahumans can Exalt.

Or just make up some encounter that qualifies her for exaltation.

Prince Charon and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  21. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Facing against the Dark Prince.

22. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I could see that.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  23. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

I don't think we have a way to counter her bugs.
    I'd rather keep TDP not castrated like canon Lung. Or drowned in bugs. Or be pumped full of insect poison. Or any of the other wonderful ways Taylor can make our life miserable.
    (If you can't tell, I'm rather scared of fighting Taylor. I'd rather fight an Endbringer.)
    Edit: Unless we can give bugs heart attacks. But I don't think it works that way.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  24. SwiftRosenthal

If we get access to The Lover's shadowland and, in turn, access to Creation, we could take her on a bit of an adventure. Even if she doesn't Exalt, it would still be Interesting.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  25. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Can the bugs actually damage us though? I thought they'd be too weak to pierce TDP's flesh.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  26. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Bugs are also too weak to pierce Alexandria's flesh.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  27. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

If only we had armor that was utterly impervious to her bugs. Oh wait, we do. Well, maybe. Hardness on armor that is less than fully sealed is wonky. Depending on the exact details and rules being used she might be get some things through via special maneuvers. It would take her time to work out, though.

Even without that, she would still have plenty of nasty tricks: tripping, restraining, blinding, using her insectoid aimbot with a high-velocity rifle, and even poison-delivering insects. OTOH, TDP could run across her spiderwebs and arguably across her clouds of bugs.

With all that said, she would be incredibly nasty if she caught TDP with his pants down without his armor on. She could easily disable and/or kill him and there's not much he could do without substantial investment in resistance or survival charms.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  28. SwiftRosenthal

If she caught TDP without his pants on, I doubt she'd even want to kill him in the first place. :V

Also, social charms.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  29. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

You're right, TDP's social charms would take care of Skitter by killing her and her insects. :3

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  30. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan Bii
    [X] Major [Stunt]
    -[X] It was true that the Anders and the Stansfield did not get along, which polarized those who did business and associated with each other, that didn't mean the minefield couldn't be negotiated. It would take skill, it would take bravado... but the energy in you didn't CARE about that. It stated to the world simply that you were a prince, and the world revolved around its princes.

Thus, you and Sabah woo'ed those who should hate you, as you projected a princely demeanor. You were an object of admiration to the men, and a prince charming to the ladies. True, they were but teenagers still, but they would inherit the fortunes of their forebears.

A single rakish smile from you had girls gasping and blushing, allowing Sabah to nip in and sweet-talk the girls into giving the two of you their phone numbers and e-mails. And in a few cases, a quick nip behind a pillar or washroom by said girl resulted in a pair of rather warm fabric in your respective hands with their name and contact information quickly written with their lipstick. How delightful.

[X] Minor [Stunt]
    -[X] With the swath you and Sabah were cutting thru the heirs of the Stansfield supporters, was it any wonder that you would catch the eye of that ever hateful harridan, Victoria Dallon? You smiled and walked to her. It was clear that she couldn't quite place who you were... and thus, you were more than happy to charm the younger members of New Wave without saying who you were... divide and conquer as it were.

You were more than happy to charm Panacea, the 'ugly' foundling of New Wave while Sabah put the charm offensive on the rather confused harpy Victoria as you deflected Dean by redirecting the conversation you were in with him, Eric, and Panacea about the chances of the Brockton Bay Natives after they were bought out by the owner of Phelps Starlight Industry.

XP Spending
    [X] Banked