1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Those Blessed with Talent

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Darkened, Feb 26, 2015.

Loading...
  1. derkan

    derkan Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2014
    Messages:
    1,010
    Likes Received:
    1,798
    Darkened you didn't answered my question about the phoenix quest . Could you please answer ?
     
  2. JENTHULHU

    JENTHULHU Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2014
    Messages:
    165
    Likes Received:
    90
    Mammon's Hand

    The stranger smiled to himself, keeping the straw hat low- his purloined disguise, and copious talents being more than enough to avoid attention from the authorities and people around him. With a deep breath, he inhaled the smells of the city, some scents were familiar, the scent of humans, of beasts of burden, and of course, of offal and filth in places for example, Others, however, were more interesting, exotic perfumes, varieties of food, and delicious spices. With a grin and a flick of his wrist, he was eating some dish of meat and vegetables, quite tasty, and those around were none the wiser. Admittedly, he’d come to this empire on a whim, things back home had gotten… tense. Even an individual like himself, so massively talented and skilled, would draw the wrong attention from time to time. And, of course, there was no way he’d rest on his laurels. That was for lesser thieves.

    Adventure, that was his life of choice, wealth being easy come, easy go, save the occasional treasure he found himself sentimental over of course. The Queen’s diary, for example, such wonderful reading, speaking more about the woman’s character than any public act or edict- why, he wagered he knew her better than her own husband, and he hadn’t even slept with her! And the tales his exploits has produced! Truly he walked a blessed life, and he’d walk it further here, in this foreign land. It seemed a place which would have many treasures worthy of his hand. A bottle of some foreign liquor and a bag of coins found their way to his hands.

    Of course, he’d also enrich the lives of this land with his presence. Make things exciting, daring thefts, dashing intrigue, sudden feuds! He slowed his walk, seeing a child run from a guard, carrying a loaf of bread. With a light frown, he acted, and soon the guard was falling over, tripping over his own laceless boots as his armor fell apart from key fittings now being missing. Best to continue on his way, and not garner direct attention just yet…

    He had a feeling things were going to be quite fun~
     
  3. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,110
    Likes Received:
    6,260
    We are owned by Thoughtless Mu. If Thoughtless decides a single quest is good enough for now then that is what we'll do. If he decides that we should do a second one? That is what we will do.

    IC we don't know which Thoughtless will do.
     
    Sirrocco likes this.
  4. Darkened

    Darkened Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
    Messages:
    3,552
    Likes Received:
    7,514
    You don't know. However, it's probably not the kind of thing someone would just wait on. It's especially unlikely that someone would wait for a level 3 Leader of no huge achievements.
    .
     
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  5. JENTHULHU

    JENTHULHU Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2014
    Messages:
    165
    Likes Received:
    90
    I was going to postpone posting this until later, but... eh, what the heck.

    Mammon's Hand: A Theft and a Gift

    The Thief smiled to himself, admiring the garden he found himself in, trees and flowers of the most beautiful, delicate varieties arranged exquisitely to show off their beauty in the utmost perfect harmony with each other. It was obviously meticulously planned, cultivated by the greatest masters in the land, a testament to what the craft could achieve. Yet… in its own way, the beautiful tableaux felt… sterile, too tightly restrained, artificial. The very sight was a treasure, truly, but it lacked a raw majesty, a simple honesty.

    The sound of a slipper on the rock path, broke him from his reverie before a soft, yet firm voice stated, “You are a Thief.”

    He turned bowing before the girl in an overly theatrical manner, roguish grin spread across his face. “That I am, my lady. Yet I am sure one of your perception knows more than that.”

    He straightened to see her nod, he didn’t even need to use Libra to know she was terribly high rank, she couldn’t be more than fifteen, yet she’d managed to overcome his rather useful protections. “You are not here to harm me,” she answered simply, beautiful, in a way not unlike the garden, controlled, shaped, molded by those around her. But, unlike the garden, the raw element had not been stamped out, merely suppressed.

    “Indeed my lady, and I would wager that we wouldn’t be talking if you had alerted the guards, so please, let me thank you.” Another theatrical, almost clownish bow, more at home in a play than an Imperial court.

    “Are you mocking me?” the beauty asked, she was sharp, but far too used to all the same motions over and over, unused to his truly foreign mannerisms, so different from the court she was used to.

    “Perish the thought!” He assured her, shaking his head, “There are many I mock, but I would never mock a treasure like yourself. I would be the lowliest of worms to do so.”

    “Yet you are a thief.” she stated, a touch of amusement bleeding into her controlled voice, her eyebrow quirking up inquiringly.

    “Indeed I am, and as a thief, if there is one thing I understand, it is treasure.” He motioned across the garden, “After all, I have already stolen the very sight of this garden, restricted for only the most elite.”

    “The very sight of the garden is a treasure?” She asked, frowning a little as she tried to understand his viewpoint, “But what of the priceless artworks, and regalia housed here?”

    “Those are valuable, yes,” He replied with an overly sage nod, “But this garden, this very moment, talking with you, My Lady, that is a treasure that will remain utterly unique. You will find, I think, that I am what your people might call the most dastardly of villains. I am, you see, a free spirit.”

    “A… free spirit.” she stated, digesting the idea, before continuing, a tone almost approaching wonder, showing the temptation of the forbidden, “You let no one’s opinion sway you from your own judgement, and hold no one as your master… but you are no feral dog either.”

    “Indeed, my lady.” He replied, his bow much less theatrical this time, seeming much more… serious.

    After a pause, she strode to the flowers, and plucked one from the bed, shattering its sterile perfection, holding it out to him, “You have given me much to think about, so it is only right I give you something in return. This is the Imperial Orchid, and this flower bed is one of the only places they grow.”

    Gently, almost reverently, he took the flower in hand, a small, truly genuine smile crossing his face, “Thank you, my lady, if you ever desire something stolen, you need only call out for Mammon’s Hand, and I shall come to your aid.”

    With that, he leaped away, noting the shadowy figure tailing him as he hurried along the roof. The Thief’s hand moved with almost imperceptible swiftness, and the figure stumbled and fell over, gasping for breath. Tossing aside the ill-gotten air, he knew it would be a long night escaping from the other pursuers, but it was worth it, he had stolen their control, after all~
     
  6. Darkened

    Darkened Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
    Messages:
    3,552
    Likes Received:
    7,514
    Nifty, uncertain on canonization just yet, since I don't want to limit you if you're thinking on more.

    Choose one of the following.

    • Little Bee's agility increases by 2
    • Little Bee trains Stone Faced 1
    • Little Bee trains Herbology
    • Autumn Shade's agility increases by 4
     
  7. JENTHULHU

    JENTHULHU Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2014
    Messages:
    165
    Likes Received:
    90
    I suppose I'll take Herbology for 500.
     
    Pandemonious Ivy likes this.
  8. Darkened

    Darkened Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
    Messages:
    3,552
    Likes Received:
    7,514
    Herbology 1: Use to understand the properties of common plants, potions and drugs. 1MP, 20XP
     
    Pandemonious Ivy likes this.
  9. Pandemonious Ivy

    Pandemonious Ivy Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2015
    Messages:
    48
    Likes Received:
    35
    Please tell me that Stone Faced is something that encourages headbutting...
     
    drake_azathoth likes this.
  10. ```

    ``` Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2014
    Messages:
    1,834
    Likes Received:
    6,635

    obviously it means little bee becomes ruggedly handsome; women are drawn in by her craggy exterior, to try and find her soft, sensitive side.
     
  11. Darkened

    Darkened Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
    Messages:
    3,552
    Likes Received:
    7,514
    Exactly.

    Votes locked, updating.
     
  12. Threadmarks: First Blood
    Darkened

    Darkened Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
    Messages:
    3,552
    Likes Received:
    7,514
    [X] 4 Buy Tracker 1: (redaeth, Ct613hulu, hunter09, PineTreeq, wayne82444, Sirrocco, Garahs)
    [X] 7 You were sent into the forest to gain experience on your own, instead of just through lessons. You haven't had much luck though. Nothing you've encountered could trouble Autumn, let alone you.: (wayne82444, Sirrocco, redaeth, Garahs, Ct613hulu, hunter09, PineTreeq)

    “I was sent to the forest to try to gain practical experience.” You decide skirt the truth, “But.. nothing's really been able to challenge Autumn, let alone someone as awesome as me!” Maybe you're laying it on a bit thick, but some part of you wants to gloat to Peach Blossom as much as you can.

    Owl reaches over to muss your hair, not that it's grown back for that to do any damage. “And what,” he asks, “have you encountered exactly?”

    “Very little!” Before anyone can point out the inaccuracy of your words, you thumb your nose at the halberdier and march past the group toward the inside of the mansion.

    The Idiot's up late, drinking something that smells awful and trying to get a few servants to join him. Amidst the commotion, both you and Autumn manage to slink by without earning his attention.

    Morning comes again, and with it comes Autumn hopping onto you chest to wake you up. Glaring at your cat, you stumble into your clothes and walk into the inn's common room. Owl glances up from the idiot's eyes as both go silent. Then the big man snorts and lumbers out.

    The Idiot smiles at you, while you try to figure out what he's doing awake this early in the morning. Then he wobbles a little and shakes his head.

    “Back so soon, It's gotta...” he stumbles, trying to find the words, “Huh, what time is it?”

    “Six?” it's not like you have any means of checking the time.

    He blinks, “That early, you gotta be out at least till...”

    “In the morning.”

    “Oh,” he bursts into giggles, “There's a sack or something somewhere with food... I'm just going to be here napping. Have fun.”

    Fun, right. You find the sack he's talking about and venture outside into the predawn light. Beach Blossom and her partner look to be heading out as well. The girl looks at you and sniffs, then shifts her gaze away. Fine by you.

    “Come on Autumn,” you push past them, ignoring Owl who looks like he might want to say something to you, “we have work to do.”

    “This area's known for relatively low levels amidst its beasts. But there's still more in these woods than you can handle,” Owl looks to be addressing the two junior adventurers, but his voice carries just a bit too much, “Be careful, pay attention to your surroundings and don't be afraid to run if you need to.”

    That's... grim. You're not sure if he's trying to warn you or just very big and loud, but you take his words to heart anyway.
    Still, even though you find yourself jumping at every shadow (and find Autumn jumping into every shadow) the forest doesn't seem to hold any serious threats all morning.

    Early afternoon, however, finds Autumn leaping into a bush to stir up any prey, only to find that the bush isn't that fond of him. Leaves stretch into thorny brambles as they wrap the cat, pulling him in, hooking his flesh and wrapping your kitten, choking him while the bush swells to twice your size.

    For a moment you hesitate, waiting for the suddenly moving bush to attack you. Viney tendrils lash out weakly, but you have no problem jumping back to avoid them. Dashing forward in their wake, you plant your spear firmly in the thing's center.

    Unfortunately your thrust does practically nothing besides give the vines a chance to wrap around your weapon and try to pull it in. Despite how thin they look, they have no trouble tearing it from your hands. Rather than get pulled in, you abandon the weapon and jump away.

    You glance at Autumn. Your kitten growls weakly pain but keeps struggling as best he can. Thorny vines dig into his flesh, pulling him further into the bush and scratching a hundred tiny wounds into his fur. You tense to jump after him, then hesitate. You can't give up on Autumn and run, but, you need to be smarter.

    “We have this,” you feel less hopeful than you try to sound, “So just hold still for a second. Analyze”


    Level: 5
    Race: Plant
    Species: Baby Treant
    Element: Life
    Rank: C-
    HP: ??/??
    MP: ??/??

    Resistant to bashing and piercing damage


    Your skill hasn't given you any notes like that before. Whatever, you can worry about that later. Level 5, so two more than you. Communication, on the other hand, isn't giving you much on the treant, almost like it's barely even aware of what's going on. But it hurt Autumn, so it pays.

    “Tiger Claw”

    Black fur sprouts across across your arms, and you fingernails stretch painfully into small knives. Now you don't need to rely on stabbing or punching. You step toward the plant and hop back as it attacks almost exactly the same as the first time. Then you dash in, swipe and retreat. The brambles offer next to no resistence to your claws, but you can see them slowly growing back in your wake. No helping it then.

    With a roar you throw yourself into the vines, slashing wildly. Each swing of your arm brings you down hard into the brambles. Every step you take lets them get further and further around you, wrapping tightly, dragging their thorns across your flesh.

    -2HP
    -1HP
    -1HP

    You don't have the training to dodge, or the reach to attack consistently and stay out if its way, but you do have enough HP to hit it more than it hits you. For every gash, every tear, every stabbing pain you cut another dozen brambles. Sap, blood and crushed berries coat your claws and you let out a roar, or maybe a scream as you keep cutting. Brambles curl around your face and you slam your eyes closed and duck your head, doing your best to keep the thorns from hitting anything. Every strike hurts a bit more, comes a little slower as your arms scream for you to stop.

    -1HP
    -1HP
    -1HP
    -2HP
    -1HP
    -1HP
    -1HP
    -2HP
    -1HP

    You don't.

    Eventually the plant stills and shrinks, thorns retracting from your abused flesh and letting you get to Autumn. Quickly you deactivate tiger claws, letting out another scream as thick fur and sharp nails fade to crushed bleeidng soft hands, and pull Autumn Shade to your chest.

    +15XP

    You only have one MP left, but it's worth it to be sure Autumn's okay, “Analyze”

    Your cat's familiar status appears, telling you the kitten still has a solid 7 HP left. He wasn't moving as much into the thorns, so you guess it didn't hit him as many times, or perhaps it was more focused on trying to stop you from hurting it. Either way you spend a solid few moments hugging and petting your wounded cat before grabbing your spear and your bag.

    “I think,” huh, the forest floor's swaying from side to side a bit, “I think we should go home for the day.”

    Before you can enact this brilliant plan, a loud crashing sound has you spinning to face the darkness. Nervously you raise your spear, only to relax as a famili... stupid looking pony-tail comes into play.

    “I'VE GO....” Peach Blossom lowers her halberd as recognition dawns, “Oh it's just you.”

    Irritation fades to worry as she finally realizes how bad you and Autumn look, “You don't look that good.”

    you bite back the retort about how perceptive she isn't. No weakness.

    “Hah, I'm fine! This much damage is nothing for someone with my rank!” Hopefully she doesn't notice that you're propping yourself up with your spear a little bit.

    “Hmph” Peach Blossom steps forward and, oh so gently, pokes one of the biggest scratches on your cheek, “I get that you have that whole stuck-up 'genius' thing going, but a rival character's supposed to stop pretending and quietly accept the hero's help in times like this!” her smile's a little dazzling, and only slightly smug, “Besides, helping everyone is what adventurers are here, so let's get you back to the inn.”

    Behind her you see the chubby boy from before, Whisper, running to catch up, “Is it... Oh, are you okay?”

    [ ] Accept her offer
    [ ] Go on your own. What's the worst that would happen
    [ ] Tell her you'll go back on your own, then blow the magic whistle as soon as you're clear.

    Autumn's level will be up tomorrow.
     
  13. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,110
    Likes Received:
    6,260
    Oh hey this updated. Yay. That puts us at 43 XP I believe... so we should buy stuff. I'd like Comprehend 2, but I think that can wait. Something that would help us on our current task instead. Cat's Eye will help us in the forest the most I think. And Analyze 2 is both cheap and useful.

    I could be convinced to take Spear Proficiency though, we got awfully beat up then.

    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.

    [X] Buy Cat's Eye
    [X] Buy Analyze 2
     
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  14. Xicree

    Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2013
    Messages:
    19,227
    Likes Received:
    28,538
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flit jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.
     
  15. Darkened

    Darkened Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
    Messages:
    3,552
    Likes Received:
    7,514
    I lied, Autumn's sheet is up.

    Total gains, if anyone's curious:

    Level 3
    Stamina +2
    Strength+2
    Agility+3
    Percpetion + 2
    Luck+1
    Charisma+1


    Swipes 1 (Insufficient MP, unusable)
    Shadowy Body 1
     
    rcnr, Arkeus and redaeth like this.
  16. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,110
    Likes Received:
    6,260
    That shadowy body trait is pretty good.
     
  17. Jiven

    Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,136
    Likes Received:
    2,517
    [X] Accept her offer
     
  18. Glasbowl14

    Glasbowl14 Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2014
    Messages:
    391
    Likes Received:
    311
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.
    [X] Buy Cat's Eye
    [X] Buy Analyze 2
     
  19. Raron

    Raron I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    332
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.

    [X] Buy Cat's Eye

    Edit: I'll just go for Cat's Eye. However I see no reason for Analyze 2, we currently have no need of it, so I would like to save the exp.
     
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  20. Frakir's brother

    Frakir's brother Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2015
    Messages:
    1,415
    Likes Received:
    1,626
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Yell at her that she is the rival, not you
     
  21. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,110
    Likes Received:
    6,260
    Friendship Bond only works on 'weakened' monsters. Meaning you gotta either fight them yourself or find them already injured. Plus there is still actually finding the fox. Which is why I'd want Cat's Eye first.

    As far as Herbology? It could be useful for treating wounds if we don't have access to a healer of some flavor but we don't really need money right now. Most of our needs are taken care of by the Mu clan and the only thing we might want is a better weapon which is also supplied by the Mu clan.

    My order of priorities so far is...

    1) Perception based skills. Stuff that can tell us what we need to do to win the battle. (Analyze, Comprehend and Cat's Eye so far. All three will probably be able to merge once maxed. Especially Analyze and Comprehend)
    2) Buffing skills. Anything we can do to make our minions better (We've gotten 1 automatically. Maybe Winter can teach us how to heal?)
    3) Stamina based skills. Anything that lets us stand our ground and take a hit while our friends finish off the enemy. (We haven't actually seen anything like this yet.)
    4) Everything else.
     
    Darkened likes this.
  22. hunter09

    hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2013
    Messages:
    1,155
    Likes Received:
    209
    [X] Tell her you'll go back on your own, then blow the magic whistle as soon as you're clear.
     
  23. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,110
    Likes Received:
    6,260
    Analyze 2 gives us more information then Analyze 1, and most likely it gives the information more reliably. The reason we knew to use our claws on the baby treant was because we knew it was weaker to slashing damage then piercing damage thanks to Analyze rolling fairly high.

    I'd rather not depend as much on luck for that sorta thing. It is also cheap at 10 xp.
     
  24. drake_azathoth

    drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    2,614
    Likes Received:
    5,045
    [X] Accept her offer
    [X] Buy Cat's Eye
    [X] Buy Analyze 2
     
  25. fitzgerald

    fitzgerald Experienced.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    2,521
    Likes Received:
    1,615
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.
     
  26. PineTreeq

    PineTreeq Getting sticky.

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2015
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    76
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.
    [X] Buy Cat's Eye
    [X] Buy Analyze 2
     
  27. Sirrocco

    Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2015
    Messages:
    6,444
    Likes Received:
    14,947
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.
    [X] Buy Cat's Eye
    [X] Buy Analyze 2
     
  28. wayne82444

    wayne82444 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2014
    Messages:
    3,535
    Likes Received:
    4,391
    [X] Accept her offer
    -[X] Flirt jokingly about being the love interest not the rival.
    [X] Buy Cat's Eye
    [X] Buy Analyze 2

    I half considered trying to make a write in where we basically turn it around by saying "Your right, the hero should help the rival. Since you are clearly lost and I'm heading there anyway showing you back to the inn is my duty", but I couldn't think of a way that didn't sound corny. Besides, the flirt with her option is funnier anyways.

    For skills Analyze really helped us there, so yeah, upgrading it is good. We might want to see just how far we can take that tree, it is cheap and learning our enemies weaknesses on command is a boost.

    I'll go with Cat's Eye too since that should help see into the shadows we were jumping at. The extra visual acuity should help in battle against fast opponents too, it will make it easier to hit.

    Roar could have helped us in that fight, but it would have bee risky since we need 10 MP to activate and deactivate our claws, we would have gotten them stuck on if it didn't work.Not worth trying until we get more MP to me.

    Taking Herbology 1 while we are out here would also be good, if only because it would let us get plants that we could sell to get tutoring in skills that the Mu clan doesn't see the point in helping us, and so that we can find healing plants for help in situations like this.
     
  29. redaeth

    redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    8,110
    Likes Received:
    6,260
    Mother

    She heard the screams on the wind first. Bitter and sweet. Silent to ears that listened and sharp to the noses that smelled. To her it was clear that one of her children was in agony. Cut and about to be destroyed. Dying.

    She stirred from where she had slumbered for the last season, long tendrils uncurling from her branches, and with a great heave she moved her root covered feet out of the ground, sending dirt flying and the animals that had burrowed under her protective bulk fleeing. She lumbered with all the haste a full grown Treant could manage, but by the time she reached her child the battle was over and the victor gone.

    The baby was indeed dying, brambles, branches and berries scattered. It wailed in the way only a plant could hear or understand. She looked upon it and did her best to send to comfort it. She told it of fresh earth, the smell of sun on leaves. Bright and buzzing bees. The feeling of new growth. Light rain. Images that it would have encountered in its short life and found good and pleasing.

    She lowered herself next to her child, and held it while it died, though it could not feel her grasp. She waited. For there was nothing else she could do. Her magic could not heal death. Soon there was no fresh scent of pain filled tears. The child was gone, and all that remained would feed the earth and the insects.

    She stood and observed the battlefield which took the life of her child. Blood. Healthy with iron. Two different scents. One of a hunter, a cat. The other a human, though it was oddly mixed. She ignored the oddity. All humans were odd to her.

    An Adventurer. A weak one, but an Adventurer. She had lived a long time in this forest, and knew the risks which came to living near humans. To attack was to invite reprisal.

    And yet.

    And yet her child was dead. And the blood was fresh and strong. The scent of monster mingled with man. Easily recognizable, easily tracked. If she rushed she could catch it before it reached its shelter. She memorized the scent. Then she began to follow it. A life for a life was only fair she thought.

    As she walked she passed others of her kind. Younger and weaker. Some where of her seed, or seeds of those she had germinated. Others were foreign enough to cause her to smash them into tinder, intruders from outside her territory. The ones she left intact smelled her rage, and began to join in her, wriggling branches and dirt darkened feet.

    The Treant Mother gathered her kin and looked for vengeance.
     
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  30. Sirrocco

    Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2015
    Messages:
    6,444
    Likes Received:
    14,947
    What are you doing?
     
Loading...