1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transmigration Blues [Original][Xianxia]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by ryuan, May 21, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: My Young Miss... (1)
    ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

AN: This is a small plot bunny that keep nagging me and I wanted to get it into the open. Updates will be sporadic and will be on the very short side, close to a collection of snippets instead of full chapters. Read it with a light heart please.

My Young Miss Is A Hyper-competent Transmigrator From the Future (1)

I had the shook of my life when I directly transmigrated after dying. It wasn't even from the infamous truck-kun from japanese novel tropes, but rather I chocked to death on a fish spine. A fish spine, how pathetic can it be? I could even see the epithet in my tombstone.

"Lived like a loser, died like a clown".

When I thought everything was lost I had woken up in this body, who had coincidentally woken up from his sleep. My new name was Zhao Huang, and I was a manservant of the fifth princess of the Ji dynasty of Chu country.

All things considered transmigrating wasn't bad, in fact it was quite good for myself in the end. The man who I had transmigrated into was actually rather capable and resourceful, differently from me. Since I could piggyback on this body's memories and skills it was simple for me to continue my life in relative peace.

Of course, this peaceful living lasted less than a week when I noticed something was wrong with my young miss, Ji Yue'er.

She was always a shy girl and very deferential since she knew her station in the palace was quite low. Not only she was just a fifth princess, but even the children of some concubines had higher standing than her and often bullied her.

I (Zhao Huang) was a childhood friend of my young miss and I (Zhao Huang) fell in love with her. Of course I (Zhao Huang) wasn't stupid and was certain this love would never amount to anything, so I vowed to protect her and make her happy even if she could never return my (Zhao Huang) affections.

Of course I wasn't that infatuated with the girl myself but for the sake of maintaining appearances, the lingering feelings I inherited from Zhao Huang and the fact that Ji Yue'er likely had few friends, I decided to earnestly try to help her. It helped my cover that I could act on auto pilot and let my body instincts carry my actions.

It was at the beginning of that day I noticed some changes in behavior on Ji Yue'er. For instance her posture changed overnight, her always low head now held high, her kindly yet sad expression replaced with one of confidence bordering on arrogance.

Oh, she took great pains to pretend to she was that same shy girl of before but at first she did plenty of small slips in behavior. Slips in behavior I didn't bother to point out to her.

That wasn't what tipped me off about her origins.

Next my young miss became much more efficient in managing her own courtyard in the palace, despite showing no aptitude for it previously. I was appropriately impressed by her newfound breakthrough in her studies.

That also wasn't what tipped me off about her origins either.

One day I caught a glimpse of a piece of paper in her study, which had written in it the number ".21" despite the fact that our Chu continent doesn't use this kind of numeral system.

While that confirmed my suspicions, it wasn't what tipped me off either.

It wasn't when she accepted the abuse and face slapping from one of the concubines daughters with an eerie smile on her face. No, it was what she did next that made me realize what I was dealing with.

She patiently waited until her half sister had left, slowly turned around in a dignified manner, and started to whistle a very familiar song.

I found myself in the middle of a chinese novel with a female lead transmigrator that was several levels more competent than my previous young miss.

May the Three Pure Ones help us all.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

People are gonna get fucked...

3. decoynow

decoynow Getting out there.

Fuuuuuuuuuu
    yep

TheWave and Sovereign Of All like this.
  4. Maven

Maven Coldblooded Cuddler

...I have no idea what you all are on about.

*whimper*

5. Threadmarks: My Young Miss... (2)
    ryuan

AN: Here's another chapter. For the record, the story protagonist is Zhao Huang if you somehow missed it.

My Young Miss Is A Hyper-competent Transmigrator From the Future (2)

"Zhao Huang? I need you to arrange those things for me."

"It shall be done young miss Ji Yue." I said with a bow before scurrying away to procure everything for her.

At first she sent me to do all sorts of nearly pointless errands, slowly building them up in order to determine my loyalty to her. At some point she must have determined I had meet her standards and she started to send me for more tangible tasks.

For example now I had to collect a couple of rare herbs and minerals, and I had to make sure that no traces of the transaction could be traced back to my young miss. That means making sure the right people were silent, fudging the courtyard account books and making sure the delivery itself couldn't be tracked back to her.

I had to thank the original Zhao Huang innate resourcefulness for allowing me to pull this off. Thankfully he had experience with such matters due to being born in the palace and learning the craft since a young age.

I wasn't exactly sure what all those things she asked me where for, but it must be important for a scheme of hers. Since I could also use this time to make a couple of arrangements for myself I put my all in this task.

A couple of days later I was accompanying young miss to an official dinner as her personal attendant, acting as a waiter and food tester to her. As usual Ji Yue'er half-sisters where being their bullying selves, but so far nothing out of ordinary for them. The food was incredible, well seasoned and with a rare freshness to it.

It was when the fish dishes came out that something happened.

"Gah, ghack, ghack! Cough!"

Two seats ahead the third daughter of the King started chocking on her food, her attendants trying to help her. I stood up to see what was happening as the attendants were getting more desperate by the minute.

I had finally muscled my way into their presence, only to see the third daughter laying on the ground, blue faced from lack of oxygen.

"Third Miss is dead!" Wailed one of the handmaids, "how could this happen?"

"She chocked on one of the fish spine!"

I knelt down and felt her pulse, confirming that she was dead. "My young miss expresses her condolences", I said quickly, an ominous feeling forming on my chest, "I'm going to help carry her away. I'm the strongest and it's beneath her to be carrying by her arms and legs."

"At least you're useful for something Stupid Huang," bit back one of the sisters closest to her, "go, take her away. I can't stand to see her like this."

Some people glanced at said sister from her choice of words, but I knew that particular girl was simply clumsy with words. Wit a solemn nod I picked up the third miss in a princess carry, turning to take a look at my own young miss.

Her chopsticks where at her side and she had a solemn expression, looking down shyly as more people turned to her.

Nothing unexpected from her given the circumstances.

When I reached the morgue and seeing no one there I made my own investigations. I looked inside her mouth, lips and eyes.

The answer came when I looked at her nails, finding at the base a very thin, almost invisible blue line that could easily be mistaken as nail polish. If it weren't for the fact that third miss wasn't wearing any the past few days I could have been fooled.

She was poisoned, that much was obvious. Not only she was poisoned, but it was a several days long process at very least, and considering the food tester was just fine the poison delivery method was rather intricate.

I left the morgue before the responsible could return.

It took a quick bath to purify myself before returning to my young miss side. "Did anyone bully you while I was away young miss?"

"Not at this time."

"I'm glad."

I repeated the customary words that Zhao Huang said whenever he went away from her presence for too long, the familiarity of the words helping me a little to regain my outward composure.

The palace doctor proclaimed that she must have chocked on her food, nothing but a tragic accident that had claimed her life.

The truth was that everyone was certain she was poisoned. In the court assassination was as common as drinking water, and that third miss was both currently favored by the king and made several enemies in the past.

While rumors flew about her demise and people were suspecting everyone I glanced at my young miss. She was one of the few people who nobody suspected since they didn't believe she had the guts to do something like that. I would even think like then if it weren't for her minute, almost imperceptive smug smirk on her face whenever she heard someone talking about the incident within earshot.

Only I could have noticed that smirk, being close enough to her in order to detect this small detail and able enough to spot it when it appeared.

Whoever transmigrated into young miss wasn't just more competent than her, but it was also much more ruthless.

The early morning had a faint mist, and I was clad only in a martial artist shoes and my pants, having my chest bare and my hair tied in a ponytail instead of the customary bun.

When I came to this world I had for a single day thought that this was some kind of story. That I was the MC to a transmigration type chinese novel, some kind of cosmic coincidence after being immersed in those kind of novels at the tail end of my life.

After all I inherited the looks, skills and talent of Zhao Huang, who was honestly speaking a much better individual than my previous self in all categories that mattered to me and society at large. His only failing was being born as a servant.

When my young miss transmigrated I quickly dismissed those notions, after all she fit the label much better than myself. I was clearly the loyal servant type character in this whole shebang.

I took a deep breath and settled myself into a natural stance.

The reason I had deluded myself that I was a MC in this was simple.

"As the Dao becomes clear, everything returns to Simplicity."

The mist in front of me was pushed away with a gust of wind generated from my fist. As I keep switching from stance to stance, from fist to palm and finger the dawn mist around me was pushed away.

With a single stomp the mist parted ways from me, forming a near perfect circle of clear air.

I exhaled, letting out the impure air before inhaling new air. My face was split into a grin, as if that was the best air I was inhaling in my life, and perhaps it was.

After all I didn't reincarnate into some kind of pseudo-historical setting, or even in a low level fantasy world like that famous TV show.

Oh no, this is a genuine Xianxia setting, with cultivators, magic treasures and demonic beasts stalking the world.

I once more thanked Zhao Huang, he was indeed extremely capable in all things and I inherited his cultivation knowledge. Even if it amounted to little more than a rogue cultivator knowledge and resources, it was still plenty.

And boy isn't cultivating a fucking trip. I had experimented a couple of drugs back in college, couldn't develop the habit even if I wanted because I was eternally broke, and this was much better than taking drugs.

Hell, it was much better than sex if I were to be honest. Or my sex life was just that sad.

Regardless, who cares about the country of Chu, Ji dynasty or my status as a manservant?

The only thing holding me back here is Ji Yue'er, but once I feel that I'm no longer needed I will either wander the world or try to join a sect.

Who cares if I'm just a background character in this story? I will write my own destiny with my two hands!

AN: This ended up being twice as long as I expected. Weird how that ends up working out huh?

6. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

....history strongest side character?

7. Layo

Layo Making the rounds.

Just a question why does he think he's the side character

TheWave, Sovereign Of All and Par Tzu like this.
  8. ryuan

In the context of stories his origins doesn't led to MC material. He doesn't have any innate need to move forwards, or huge enemies or obstacles to surpass at the moment. His social standing is also on the low side, being a mere manservant of a princess that's barely a noble.

On the other hand his young miss fit the criteria for female lead in a chinese novel to a T, specially after one of her rivals was poisoned.

9. Layo

Layo Making the rounds.

I kinda get that, but there a lot of a novels where the protagonist isn't actually the protagonist. For example there history strongest senior, where the protagonist is suppose to be the stepping stone of the actual protagonist. At this point I just feel if you were transmigrated you should always assume you're the protagonist.

10. ryuan

I just want to say there's spoilers involved.

11. Phantom Blaster

Phantom Blaster A Gentlemanly Dragon.

Seriously the poor childhood friends never get anything on chinese novels and basically no matter what it will be worth nothing his efforts apart of a 'thanks you', your plan of going to another place when everything is right and life your life is a way better upgrade.

12. gaouw

gaouw Banishumento, Zis Warudo!!!

Watched.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Ayashi likes this.
  13. RyubosJ

RyubosJ But what if, we don't include lewds

But that's how the side character villian thinks, only by turning aside from the mantle will you find it on your shoulders.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    TheWave, Sirrocco and ryuan like this.