1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

Since the new KH3 trailer dropped I watched TFS stream Birth By Sleep and now watching the trailer makes me really sad at the ending.

Like "Oh wow, Aqua is nice, fun, and super cute. I can't wait to see more...of...her......aww."

Nanimani, Teln and Smuthunter like this.
  2. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

Getting Nier automata for xbox.

Hope it'll entertain me.

3. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Aqua is definitely the best thing to come out of the last ten years of Kindgom Hearts spinoff games. I’m really hoping Riku gets to be the one to save her from getting Xehanorted because the shippers will go ape shit for that pairing.

Teln likes this.
  4. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

IIRC she isn't a Xehanort, she's just given in to the Darkness on account of being stuck there for ten years without any sort of protection.

5. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

So she worked on Kingdom Hearts 3 then? Gives an entirely new meaning to the term "Development Hell".

Swaggy-G, Imabot, vyor and 2 others like this.
  6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah but Xehanort needed his thirteenth body in DDD and couldn't get it from Sora thanks to Riku's interference. I'd wager Aqua was plan B for the same treatment. I don't think she would fall just from being worn down, she seemed to be doing pretty well for herself on all of the occasions we saw her in the Realm of Darkness, including the 2.8 prequel. There was also the BBS secret ending which showed her meeting True!Ansem on the dark margin and therefore couldn't have been much longer ago than KH 2 or so.

7. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

You're probably right. I'll confess that I don't own a Playstation, so any info I have from Kingdom Hearts comes from a playthrough that I've only watched up to the beginning of DDD.

I borrowed KH2 from my cousin back when it first came out, and I remember that it was the fucking greatest thing I'd ever seen. It singlehandedly started me down the path that led to me writing fanfiction, because the sheer concept of "there can be stories using movies and games and stuff...that are *different* than those movies and games and stuff" blew my tiny fucking mind.

Teln, vyor, Smuthunter and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

How's everyone enjoying the Steam Sale? Pick up anything good? I grabbed Armello, Teslagrad, Everspace and Strike Suit Zero. Enjoying Armello and Everspace with some mild frustrations, got to the first boss in Teslagrad and got stuck, and SSZ hasn't been able to launch at all. I might just ask for a refund on that one.

9. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!

FUND ME!

OverReactionGuy and Nanimani like this.
  10. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

No

Nanimani likes this.
  11. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

YOU MONSTER.

OverReactionGuy and Nanimani like this.
  12. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I DON'T HAVE MONEY!

WHY!!!!!!!!

Nanimani and Jiven like this.
  13. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

I have lots of money! I'm just not going to buy games I'm probably not going to have the time (or processing power) to play!

Svaleryn and OverReactionGuy like this.
  14. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

I grabbed up the Darkest Dungeon DLC and man. Does not make that game easier. The Crimson Court in particular is kicking me right in the dick. Besides that I really haven't seen anything to grab my attention this Steam Sale.

CptTagon likes this.
  15. Dakkaface

Yeah.... Crimson Court makes it a lot harder than vanilla at the outset, but I'm told it gets much, much easier once you have some of the new upgrades up and running.

16. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

I've picked up a decent bundle of $3-5 games, with one or two larger purchases.

One of the more I teresting ones is called Lobotomy Corporation, which I saw described on Spacebattles as "Tim Burton's SCP simulator". Very interesting, nice and spooky at times, good fun.

17. Snakers

Snakers I trust you know where the happy button is?

Doesn't work on windows 8.1 also if you have Humble Bundle monthly it's free.

I've so far purchased FFXV, Everspace, Pavlov VR, Rebel Galaxy and Angels Fall First.

I'm loving Rebel Galaxy definitely worth a shot considering how cheap it is.

18. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Rebel Galaxy: buy the soundtrack, get a game to faff around for a few hours before growing bored.

19. DraceDomino

DraceDomino Know what you're doing yet?

Space Channel 5: Part 2 is only like $1.20 on Steam for the rest of the sale. And really, I can't think of a better way to spend a buck.

If you never played it or you're not familiar with the series, definitely nab it. It's cute, campy, and fun as hell in the silliest of ways.

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I got Hunie Pop for $2-3. Not blowing my money this time, not when Anime Midwest is coming up.

21. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

Have fun playing ecchi bejeweled!

22. Dakkaface

Yeah, I refunded SSZ, picked up Unepic instead. Runs okay, but there's a weird recurring issue with the game thinking I have the left button mashed down if I use a gamepad.

Everspace has been pretty fun - I've not made it past sector 6 yet, but I'm just getting to the point where my Interceptor is pretty pimped out and I have a good chunk of the piloting skills. It's also neat to get to the point where you see some of the more unique stuff and take on some of the tougher enemies.

Rebel Galaxy is one of those games that sounds super interesting, but I'm not buying since I can't run it native. Took it off my wishlist when I switched OS's.

23. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Is that an RPG Maker game? If so then that is a recurring issue with the game engine, you can usually fix it by mashing the button that is stuck a couple of times. If that doesn't fix it try other buttons on your keyboard that are bound to the same thing. For example, when I got stuck moving right all the time and mashing D didn't fix it I eventually found that hitting 6 on my number pad fixed it. In spite of my not even previously knowing the number pad could be used for RPG Maker.

24. Dakkaface

Eh... I don't think it is. It's Linux native, and I don't think RPG Maker outputs anything but Windows only. Either way, I gave it a shot and it didn't help. It's only controller input though, so it's playable with the keyboard, it's just disappointing that I have to play a sidescroller with the KB.

25. Aleph

Aleph Experienced.

You ever realize you’re not nearly as good at games as you thought you were? Because I just beat Stage 3 Side B in Celeste, and goddamn did I die a lot.

Swaggy-G, Jiven and Jimmy like this.
  26. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

All the time. I'm playing Darkest Dungeon and I'm like "oh this party is perfectly fine." Three rooms in I realize I don't have a healer. Or a Stress Healer.

Teln likes this.
  27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Just spent most of the day marathoning my way through the last ten or so levels of Super Robot Wars X. I’m probably going to be picking up a copy of SRWV on Saturday so I wanted to get my first play through finished first. Was a rough ride, but definitely worth it.

28. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Every time I try a FPS.

I grew up with rpgs and turn based shit or even action rpgs like wow and diablo.

-edit-

I've gotten better at them through sheer stubbornness but still not as good as I could be. Hard modes are impossible for me.

29. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Never.

I do find that games have issues when it comes to actual difficulty and not artificial difficulty.

The platforming should not be part of the challenge fromsoft.

wayne82444 likes this.
  30. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Das looten from the Steam Summer Sale: Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Lots of stuff I wanted, but if my computer can only play them at potato graphics and responsiveness, why waste the money?