1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

THE KAIJU TEAM BECOMES EVEN MORE REAL!!!!!!!!!

Also, sorta looks like there's no more random battles now maybe and you actually have control over the camera in an open world.

Might actually pay the nintendo online tax for the raid battles but then again, people can be stupid and my brother lives a few minutes away. xD

Derek58 likes this.
  2. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

[​IMG]
    ... this showed up on my feed on Facebook. There is going to be something evil revealed in E3 this year, or so the account owner said. ;)

CUE MUSIC!

3. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Fuck yes. I loved that game. I'm garbage at it, but I still love the hell out of it.

4. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Assuming they're not going to copy what happened to Dungeon Keeper and turn it into a mobile game I'm interested in what'll come of this.

5. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Isn't there already a mobile Evil Genius though?

6. Aaron Fox

They did and it was... decent for a Facebook game. Apparently, it was popular enough to get funding for a sequel/reboot/remake... I'm serious. Spent a few hours on that game since it was Evil Genius.

daimahou likes this.
  7. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

My understanding is that random encounters happen in tall grass within certain regions, but they are on-field encounters specifically within the Wild Area.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  8. Aaron Fox

[​IMG]
    ... just got into my feed today... god damn it! It's a SEQUEL!

9. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

For some reason my first thought on seeing this was that the Epic Games Store was getting a sequel, where you have to buy access to the store itself just to browse the games they have on sale before you can buy them separately. And even after I realized this had nothing to do with EGS I still thought that sounded just like something that they would do.

Teln, Pyrojack, Drak4806 and 2 others like this.
  10. OverReactionGuy

You're not alone. Don't know what game that is but anyway.

My first thought was they were rereleasing the Epic game store as a version 2 for publicity only the only improvement it has over the first one is the fact it actually has a shopping cart since day 1.

wayne82444 and UnthinkingWisdom like this.
  11. Aaron Fox

Well, if you saw 6 posts above, you'll see a teaser image, which is -surprisingly enough- for the cult game EVIL GENIUS. Yeah, it showed up on my Facebook feed. Yeah, the guys who manage the facebook page say that they'll be doing a reveal at E3...

... I'm a bit excited ok!

12. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Your kidding, right? They would just add in new skins for the store (which have to be obtained via lootboxes that are "earned" from buying their games), call it EGS 2, and stick the shopping cart on the roadmap they release with the update a year out.

Yeah, that's why I realized what it was. That said while I read the previous comments about them that was before work yesterday, your new image was the first thing in the thread today. So I didn't make the connection at first, hence my brain fart about the Epic Games Store.

Aaron Fox likes this.
  13. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  14. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And that's the only reason people are telling Sony to get fucked today.

Destiny 2 is not only getting an expansion and a port to Google Stadia, but will be supporting Cross Saves on all platforms.

Edit: Destiny 2 cross save, as per Bungie itself, is coming to all platforms including PS4.

Also, Evil Genius isn't the only game coming back:

Baulder's Gate 3 is revealed, for PC and Stadia.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  15. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Didn't Destiny 2 flop or something. I think it got nowhere near as popular as they wanted.

16. OverReactionGuy

That's because it was unfinished and rushed because of activation.

Now the developers are breaking off from activation blizzard with the full licensing and fixing it. An expansion to it already showed hope when they were still with activation blizzard that they are fixing things. At least from what I heard.

I never really got into destiny though.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  17. Persimmon

Persimmon Fruity

Has there been a Polygamy Mod for Total War yet? Quite jarring after X hours in CK2...

18. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

It had a roller coaster ride with player count in the first year, greatly improved with Forsaken and looks pretty damn interesting with Shadowkeep. But it is nowhere near a flop on the level of Anthem.

Yeah, in the Vdoc, everyone watching could tell that the one thing Bungie wanted to do but couldn't was flat out tell Bobby Kotic to suck their collective cocks. More than enough shade was thrown at Activision, even stating now they have a chance to make the game they want, not constrained by a business model.

19. Darrenb209

Darrenb209 Only way to survive is keeping your eyes on screen

It wasn't actually that bad a game. Decent music, decent shooting, decent movement. Biggest problem is that it had nothing great and that it was fairly empty, post game.

Not sure about now, it's been quite a while since I last played it.

20. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

It's improved a great deal with Forsaken and some of the annual pass content. Forsaken added in the Gambit PvEvP mode, the Dreaming City with a 3 week content cycle including a mini-raid "dungeon" Shattered Throne along with the usual raid and strikes. And the annual pass brought us the Black Armory Forges (a Esclation Protocol activity were you can forge the weapon type you want), Gambit Prime and this season the Menagerie ( a six man activity where you pre-select via an upgradable item what sort of rewards you are hunting for).

And this is on top of new lore, characters and exotics. Hell, a sub plot of the annual pass is themed around the tale of Shin Malphur and Dredgen Yor. Black Armory had a quest where you earned Shin's handcannon The Last Word, Jokers Wild saw us remaking our own Thorn in the style of the Shadows of Yor and rumor is this season we will find the original Thorn and purify it to create a new Weapon of Hope Lumina.

Darrenb209 likes this.
  21. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Personally I don't think it was rushed so much as railroaded.

Like most of EA's closed studios, Activision gave bungie the time and rope to do whatever they needed to make a game of X specification. IT's just that X is not a sellable product without massive and flexible changes to the core design... which is not negotiable.

Teln and daimahou like this.
  22. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

My 3DS homebrew setup completely shit the bed late last night after I tried to uninstall a game that was erroneously showing "0 bytes" in Data Management.

The custom firmware is still in place, which would normally be a good thing, but it actually makes things more complicated because I don't where to start to fix the specific problem: the install registry (title.db and another .db file in the same folder) was corrupted. All the files and installed games (and saves!) are still there on the SD card, and I backed them up before doing anything, but the device doesn't know that they're there and I can't select them from the home menu. If the CFW was gone, I could just do the whole homebrew installation process from the beginning, instead of trying to jump around the second half trying to figure out where I should pick things up - and that's why I'm still working on this 24 hours after I noticed the problem.

I could be anime binging or playing FF4 DS (currently: post-Rubicante sidequesting) or a VC-injected FE7 (the one with Lyn, that I just started yesterday), but noooooo.

23. OverReactionGuy

Which is why I only used a temporary homebrew where you only need to open a file for it to come back and shut of the system for it to not be there for my psp and not one that replaces everything and can't be deleted and then reinstalled without problems.

Also never touched 3ds homebrew. Damn thing's too expensive to try again if I failed.

Psp was basically dead and I needed it anyway to dump all the games I bought when my PSP started breaking down.

24. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I found what I needed and have since restored everything except the games, and I'm much more sure about what to do to restore those than I was with redoing the basics.

3DS homebrew is fucking amazing btw. With the help of emulators, you can play just about everything from the SNES generation and earlier, every Nintendo handheld up to and including pirated 3DS titles, and even some N64 and PS1 games. The only 3DS-native titles that I can't play are Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 1, because those are n3DS only and mine is an o3DS. (The rest of the n3DS-only titles are all SNES ports, which work just fine through snes9x, or have PC versions.)

N64 and PS1 emulator compatibility is trash compared a homebrew-ready PSP, though, which is why I'm considering getting one just for emulation. The things are only about 50-60 USD now, less than the retail cost of the biggest titles. My main targets would be Dracula X Chronicles (mostly for SOTN), the ports of FF7-9, and the Tactics remake, to complete my collection of every pre-X FF (ignoring the SaGa and Mana series, though I do have the first three of the latter through snes9x) on only two handheld systems.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  25. Aaron Fox

26. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

This is the perfect template for some meme where the pictured is disapproving of something.

27. Aaron Fox

Understandable, given that it's Maximilian and he's an EVIL GENIUS. ;) Hopefully, he won't be bugged to hell and back this time.

28. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

New Tale of game have been leaked. We will prolly see more for E3

Melmar and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  29. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Destroy All Humans! is geting a remake.

I love this game so it should be interesting to see if it is just going to be a 1:1 remake or if they will change some things.

Teln, Rakdos92, Derek58 and 1 other person like this.
  30. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)