1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Also the store DLC for Dragon Age II, though I don't remember how good the stuff there was.

2. ShogunTrooper

ShogunTrooper Launching Bees out of a Trebuchet

There was that Blood Dragon Armor in the original, which was pretty decent, the same armor, as well as a few other ones, in DA2, as well as some more stuff in the Black Emporion (which had some pretty good Early to Mid Game armor and weapons). But the Emporion also came with a mirror that served as a character editor (silmilar to the Face-shaper Lady in Skyrim), whose changes also affect related Characters like Bethany, so I guess it isn't that bad in terms of DLC.

Dakkaface likes this.
  3. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

so I've been thinking about getting into MMO's recently since covid seems like it's not ending anytime soon and I want to try something new. does anyone have any good recommendations for me?

4. heralding_bubble

I enjoyed my time with EVE, GW2, and FFXIV.

Desalis likes this.
  5. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Well, FFXIV is free for an actually pretty good portion of its story. Like, the entire first expansion on top of the base game is free if I'm not mistaken ?

Desalis and heralding_bubble like this.
  6. Desalis

Desalis Journey before desination

I am enjoying FFXIV, there are some nice people on there from the rando's I've encountered.

7. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Eyyy, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game seems to be back. I might consider a re-buy on newer systems, as I don't remember there being a giant robot in the original. Or a lot of the characters I'm seeing being playable in the original.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So quick warning about that game, I played FF14 a few times but could never get past the vanilla content because as the player character you feel like an errand boy for all the actual named heroes. Everyone I've spoken to tells me it gets way better in the expansion content, especially Shadowbringers, but even if that's true it's kind of a slog to get to the good stuff.

9. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

It's the original, plus all the DLC (complete with Wallace being rather unfinished). No real changes, although they might have improved the original crappy DLC netcode. The netplay interface still kinda sucks, though.

(And in case you're wondering, no, they did not have separate netcode for the DLC; the netcode itself was DLC, as the base game only supported solo and single system multiplayer.)

Oh, and one of the DLC characters and netplay in general got locked behind connecting a Ubisoft account to the game in this version.

10. heralding_bubble

I've heard that they're going to patch away the long long long long long long quest chain between the base game and first expansion (I think it was at that part?) at some point, but idk if it's actually going to be a thing or when it's supposed to be happening.

11. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

They actually removed about a quarter of the quests before the first expansion. There's still a lot of inane shit between the end of the base game and the first expansion, but it isn't nearly as soul-crushingly long as it used to be.

Anonnermus likes this.
  12. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

And we now have the first look at gameplay:

A few things I noted:

Several Quality of Life improvements like lockers starting at the large version, more generous access footprint requirements and you just need equipment for training minion types (having a minion of the same type provides a speed boost)

Building rooms has been improved so you can now add dividing walls without having to build multiple rooms

The world map has been streamlined so instead of having to toggle between plotting, stealing and hiding, the strength of a criminal network effects all three elements with little additional input.

The campaign is narrative based with side-stories to help achieve your goals of conquest.

Eli Baracuda returns with his son who has the gift of the silver tongue, alongside a silver .44 magnum.

The Tag system remains in a philosophy the devs call Shoot Them, You Idiots!

And the final shot is hinting that our single island base will have multiple floors, so we can make a proper Mountain of Doom

And a surprise I discovered from a previous trailer, that Red Ivan's voice actor is none other than BRIAN BLESSED!!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  13. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

This is probably a long shot, but is there anybody here who might have a high level character in the first Borderlands on the PS4 that could power level me to 61 for the relevant trophies? I don't want to play a good chunk of the game again to get those last twenty odd levels and most of the guides I've looked up recommend farming Crawmerax but at my current level he would fuck me harder then the new guy gets fucked in prison.

14. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I got a free month of PS Plus and I've been playing the SHIT out of titanfall 2.

I forgot how great the game is, and with Multiplayer I can experience playing the game with other players.

'Get swatted out of the sky by a Ronin's sword'

I love it.

Desalis likes this.
  15. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, I've been rereading Tatsurou's My Little Pwny fics at work out of boredom.

Specifically, Wily's Wittle Wub and Melody of the Future. Which involve Wily and X, respectively, adopting tiny talking ponies. Finished WWW, moved on to Melody of the Future, read up to X7 and thought ahead to the Command Mission part... and I thought I should really try and play it, because what screenshots I've seen make it look pretty neat. I mean, I've been spoiled on some things already, but I thought it might be fun.

In the fic, Aile doesn't die, and goes on to be somewhat emo until someone finds him a girlfriend who proceeds to smack it out of him.

In the game, of which I have just passed chapter 2...

Aile: *does heroic sacrifice after all of ten seconds of screen-time*

X: *dramatic speechifying about the guy he knew for all of ten seconds every five seconds for the rest of the chapter*

Spider: *dramatic speechifying about his dead friend*

If I hadn't read the fic (which may have been taking some artistic license... like a bank robbery is 'just taking a few bills for lunch,') I'd be super confused about why this guy got pushed as so important after appearing and instantly dying. Like, "Who even was that guy?"

I'm kinda hoping I do find out more about him in the game, otherwise that bit was just really really awkward. Not counting on it though- if Tats can fix motherfucking Other M, I don't doubt his ability to unfuck anything.

16. ShogunTrooper

ShogunTrooper Launching Bees out of a Trebuchet

The classic Battlefront 2 is on sale on Steam, and I, having a little money left on that account, took the opportunity and got it.

Well, turns out if I want to play it on my Laptop's 1366x768 resolution, I can't aim to the sides, only up or down. Which sucks.

Does anyone know if there is a Widescreen Patch or something?

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. Apparently changing the Resolution also somehow turned off horizontal aiming, which I had to re-bind manually. Now it runs like a charm, apart from the odd Blackscreen, which in turn is fixed when I turn off Discord.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  17. Desalis

Desalis Journey before desination

Titanfall 2 will always be one of my favourite games, the movement system is incredible and I remember it very fondly. I have well over a hundred hours of multiplayer in that game, but haven't touched it in years. I'm tempted to reinstall it and give it another go.

18. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So. A lot of our power issues down here are because the generators froze.

Am I a terrible person for wanting to send them a copy of Frostpunk with a note that just says "Scrubs" on it?

"We're going to conserve power with rolling blackouts, shouldn't be more than fifteen minutes each."

Two hours and 20 degrees lower: "Well? We're waiting!"

I drove through the ice to work just so I wouldn't have to sit at home freezing two nights in a row. Eight degree weather is not a good time to be without power. Fortunately we have a very robust backup system here. Getting home in the morning might be a bit dicey, presuming my relief even shows up.

19. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Another Evil Genius 2 update. Rebellion just confirmed that besides the campaign mode, we are getting something that fans have wanted since the days of the first Evil Genius: a full Sandbox Mode.

Also, pre-purchase is up with a 10% discount (15% if you own Evil Genius 1 on Steam) and a deluxe edition that includes an extra bonus lair item and the Season 1 pass (1xCampaign Pack, 1xLair Items Pack, 2xHenchmen Packs and 2xMinion Packs). For price, the base game is $40 ($36 with the base pre-purchase discount) and the deluxe is $60 ($54 discounted).

20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

No one posted about that direct yet?

Oh well.

21. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Best Smash announcement ever, no contest. I've wanted these two in the roster since launch but I'd pretty much given up hope that they'd ever get in.

Now that Pyra and Mythra are both locked in the only thing left for Sakurai to give me is Shantae and I'll never need to play another fighting game again!

22. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

There's going to be so much art again.

23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Still funny how they gave a bodysuit to Mythra to cover skin and make her look sexy with it anyway.

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  24. Mistodon

The black stockings really do balance the rest of the outfit out.

SwiftRosenthal likes this.
  25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

26. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Oh hey, non-Fire Emblem anime swordswomen. I have no strong feelings one way or the other. :V

Still holding out the definitely not vain hope for Midna or Shantae.

Velk likes this.
  27. Mistodon

Literally!

28. thebrute7

thebrute7 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I see this as 100% upside.

My hype is immeasureable. I wanted so badly to get Pyra and Mythra as their own character, they're much more interesting than Rex, and not just because they're waifus. I was sure if we got a Xenoblade 2 character it would have been Rex, he's the safe choice.

Sakurai made my day, and quite possibly my next couple of months after March. I am very pleased.

29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I had a feeling that if we got any Xenoblade 2 character it would either be Rex + Pyra, IE Ice Climbers, or Pyra + Mythra as a transforming character, and I'm super glad that they went with the latter choice, I'm really not a fan of the Ice Climbers gameplay.

30. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

I had expected them to go for more of a pseudo-Pokemon Trainer method, where Pyra or Mythra is in the background, while Rex is on the battlefield itself, with the Down-Special being a sort of stance system where switching between Pyra and Mythra gives Rex different specials, and possibly modifies his smash attacks. That said, going with Pyra and Mythra as the fighters directly does skirt around some of the hiccups I was having trying to envision where the different Arts and Specials would fit into a Smash moveset.