1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

Steam has plans for that, actually. Plus most of them can run offline.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  2. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

They do? Huh, that's reassuring. Already knew most them could run offline though.

3. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Yeah, me too.

I feel this is a poor system.

4. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Well, no, it's not, it's making them rich.

5. BigBoom550

Yeah. The current plan they have is to basically unlock the games for transfer, which most companies are against- but most companies won't give Valve another solution, which won't hold up in court.

But with the pervasiveness and volume of Steam, that's not something to worry about.

Derek58 likes this.
  6. KinKrow

So basically it'd end up being, 'they paid us for a product, but we eventually took it back just because'.

Yeah, I could see how that would fail hard.

7. BigBoom550

The current stance of the courts is that the game has to be a 'service' (I.E. subscription), not a total product, before a company can say 'no'. And even that's complex.

Let's take Halo. If I play Halo, I have paid for the offline experience, and also pay for the service of playing online with others. That service portion can be taken, but the single-player parts cannot- the company is no longer involved. They are not providing a service anymore, only a product. Essentially, a company cannot prevent you from purchasing a product- as a product is a one-time transaction in the eyes of the court- but they can refuse service. It's a mess of legal grey areas, but that's how it is.

That's the concern with games-as-a-service, but also one game companies will likely lose.

KinKrow likes this.
  8. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Any Monster Hunter fans in this thread? I just picked up World this week and I'm a first-timer who could use whatever advice I can get.

10. OverReactionGuy

Sorry, never did monster hunter.

11. KinKrow

1: Do not die
    2: Die lots
    3: Practice hard
    4: ???
    5: PROFIT!

In all seriousness I've never played a Monster Hunter game.

warwick likes this.
  12. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

Take your time to practice and watch the monsters you fight.
    Make sure you stock up on Herbs, Honey, Blue Mushrooms.
    Never do a Monster Hunt without max Potions and Mega-Potions
    Try not to take risks when Fighting the bigger monsters until you have better weapons and armour.
    Watch out because Monsters WILL pull off cheap combo moves that Will kill you if you can't dodge in time or during the attack.
    Try using the sword and shield at first and then practice and decide what of the other weapons you like.

I have Monster Hunter Tri Wii, and Monster Hunter Generations and these are things I've learned on my own.

Smuthunter likes this.
  13. OverReactionGuy

Stab them in the ass with giant sword and take their tail for your own!

Smuthunter likes this.
  14. Fenrisfir

With any slashing weapon you will be able to cut the tail off of most monsters getting you an extra 1-2 carves for crafting parts depending on the monster also remember to that with all weapons you can break horns, claws, crests, chest and the head which will cause some monsters to drop tears which get you bonus zeni at the end. Depending on the monster blunt weapons will break things faster and do more damage but to get the Tails you need to use slashing weapons like the Switch-Axe.
    Also remember when playing with others make sure you figure out which attacks in your combo will send them flying if done right you can save your party members from dying, or cause they're deaths along with lowering your damage output if you use it and knock them away while the monster is down or asleep.

I hope to join people in Monster Hunter when It comes out on PC.

Smuthunter likes this.
  15. BigBoom550

Definitely looking into it. By all accounts it's really good, though I admt I'm not much of a Monster Hunter player. I think I played like, once.

Drake Sword? Drake Sword.

16. KinKrow

Are we talking about killing monsters or is this a euphemism for marriage?

17. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

SUFFER.

Besides that, find a weapon that fits your playstyle. I've always used the Dual Blades, cause Ima sucker for hack and slash, and just get good with them. Master dodging, roll like the Souls scrub that you are, and stock up on Potions.

I reccomend having the first list with 'essentials' Whetsones, Potions or Mega-Potions, Cool/Hot drinks, DemonDrug etc. Keep a good stack of healing items because some of thw Monsters cheat.

Fuckin Qurupeco.

18. OverReactionGuy

Why not both? I'm sure a pretty gal would enjoy the tail.

19. OverReactionGuy

Kindoms of Almur collection for steam is on sale for 11.99 and I'm wondering if I should get it along with ff12 even though I absolutely loath EA games.

Seemed solid in the demo I played for the xbox360 but then again it's a fucking EA game.

Possibly it was developed by someone else and just licensed by EA though. Since it didn't seem to have a lot of shit EA normally does for games in the one hour demo I've played.

What are your thoughts? The sale ends on the 12th.

20. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Man, steam does a shitty age restriction, it automatically had 1992.01.01. ...

Anyway there is a little tab there that says it was developed by these two Big Huge Games , 38 Studios

21. Fenrisfir

I have the game and haven't played that much but R.A Salvatore and Todd McFarlane had a hand in it but the price for everything is good.

22. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Is mediocre at best.

23. OverReactionGuy

My only experience with it is the demo I've gotten for free and a comedy fanfiction written by the person who did "It's so not my problem" the lazy revan story.

The main character kept on pointing out that if you know your fated to die here, then why the fuck are you here to a recurring character and generally was hilarious like that. The fateless one was amazing like that.

Too bad the writer gave up on the story I believe.

24. KinKrow

It's fun.

Not fantastic, but fun.

There is something to be said for having a bit of trouble in standard fights, and saving Fate Shift to absolutely beat the ass of most bosses.

Get it, see if you like it.

If you do, write an SI or comedy fic yourself.

25. BigBoom550

Amalur?

It's a solid 7/10 'It's okay' game. Ten-twelve bucks is a good price. Paid 20, didn't feel cheated. Lots of breadth to the world, but it's rather shallow. Very pretty. Easily broken.

26. KinKrow

Basically what we're getting at is that it isn't deep, but it's a solid game.

tbh it plays a bit like the Fable games mechanically, except with a super meter and it flows a bit more smoothly.

The enemies can be a bit rougher to fight however, although whether that's good or bad depends on your views of Fable's difficulty.

(I thought they were easy)

visus likes this.
  27. OverReactionGuy

I'm used to annihilating everything in fable so the battle system is rather easy then. Anyway, this sale comes with the DLC too.

-edit-

In case I didn't mention that.

28. OverReactionGuy

You think I could move my games to another computer without the need to download them again by moving the files using my 2 terabyte hardrive?

Have a pretty okay desktop now that I'm itching to use but I rather do not want to download my games again.

Also need to figure out how to keep the saves between both my laptop and desktop the same for when I use my laptop to play my games on my TV.

>.>

29. Athlumney

Athlumney Versed in the lewd.

For the first try right clicking the game, properties, local files, and move install folder.

For the second the same but click updates instead of local files, and make sure Steam cloud synchronisation is allowed.

30. OverReactionGuy

Huh, so it does work? That's great to know!