1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

A friend of mine recently released a homemade game on steam. I tried it and it's quite good, so I thought I'd help promote it a bit. I hope it's ok if I post this here.

It's a mouse controlled vertical scroller/shooter, where you fly a small spaceship which you continuously upgrade. At the beginning you fly around dodging asteroids, but as it goes on the levels get more intense with stuff like gun platforms trying to shoot you down, mine fields, boss battles, ...
    I found it a fun way to pass the time on the lower difficulty settings, and a nice challenge on the higher ones.

Here is the link:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/749470/TAOTH__The_Adventures_of_the_Herkulez

GoodMonday likes this.
  2. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

I'm not in charge, but I don't mind advertisement (that's for legit games).

Gaemnomut likes this.
  3. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Oh, it's a legit game. Even if it's just by one guy who made it as a hobby.

4. KinKrow

Tell him if he's interested I could kick an idea or two his way.

And not in a "person wanting to do videogames but quitting later" way.

More like in a "I have stayed awake at night thinking about game progression systems and I just want to sleep".

Character designs I have in my head, but I absolutely refuse to share them with literally fucking anyone unless I get to work on a game.

That said, I do have a copy of App Creator Kit or whatever it's called.

If he listens to a few ideas, I'll give it to him.

Honestly, I don' feel like I'd use it, and if I can finally manage to get a few ideas out I'd feel fantastic.

5. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

I'll tell him and pm you with the response. Can you at least give me some details though? It's kinda hard to pitch an idea when I know nothing about it.

6. KinKrow

Honestly, it's a it tough putting it into words cause I'm choking up, but here goes.

I want a character focused game that sort of shows off a few fun/jokey characters I've been building up for a couple years.

The style of game is a bit open to choice from him, but I'd prefer either brawler, FGO styled game, or... the tactical gameplay style of Dofus/Wakfu or Enchanted Arms.

Setting would be bright and colorful, but the themes kinda dark.

tbh, the three game styles are what would show off individual characters abilities a bit better.

What are you specifically asking about to pitch to him?

Setting, game genre, or game mechanics?

7. KinKrow

8. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

So this isn't exactly free stuff but if you go here you can enter a contest to win an HTC Vive and several steam games for it (Fallout 4 VR, DOOM VFR, Batman Arkham VR, SUPERHOT VR, A-Tech Cybernetic, L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files). It is a free contest being run by Fanatical.com and PCGamer. Posted this in the free stuff thread as well.

9. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Since they are on sale at steam, think I should get all the hyper dimension Neptunia rebirths?

I kinda want to know the differences and if their better for the ones on the PS3 that first came out since I might be able to get those instead.

Sad that the rebirth for the fourth game in the series isn't on steam though.

I'll be getting .hackgu as well even though it's not on sale and I think rise of tombraider since that's the next in the series from the previous tombraider which I found to be awesome and it's on sale for a cheap price.

10. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Something to watch out in March, once the game goes out... Hoping we'll get this in English too.

Death end re;Quest

And from what others trailers have shown, teh bad ends are quite bloody... And I found out someone writing for Corpse Party is part of the team for the scenario here.

11. KinKrow

Well that's horrifying.

Who wants good endings, amirite?

Still, it makes sense that most endings of an individual player trying to beat a glitchy MMO end in failure.

It's almost impossible to beat an MMO on your own, let alone one that's hopelessly broken.

12. OverReactionGuy

-frowns-

I have a ps4 but I'm only holding onto it for someone. Don't feel like buying one either, kinda done with getting new consoles except for maybe the switch.

-edit-

I'm a sucker for games like that though. :(

13. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Oh, it get worse. Bugs are also present in the game... AS literal, mind-devouring insects latching on monsters. And NPCs. Which also result in mutations. And as you can see, even the heroine herself was infected. But those with a strong enough ego can resist losing theirs minds...

...I have no doubt quite a few bad endings probably feature characters succumbing to the influence, however.

14. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

So I just bought Tannenberg. A bit buggy, buts it’s early access so that’s to be expected.

Nyarl-sama likes this.
  15. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Anyone here play Starbound? If so, when does it get good? Because I only have an hour left till the refund clocks out, and I'm not enjoying the starting area.

16. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

Is that like... the Creepypasta 'Heartwarming' moments music from Myuugi?

17. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

No idea who that is. I'll just fetch you the staff team, I guess.

18. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I was wrong whoops.

It sounded like Myuuji's music but it's just the opening of this

So sorry about that.

19. KinKrow

daimahou likes this.
  20. OverReactionGuy

Got a xbox 1 controller with bluetooth capabilities for my PC since some games are now apparently regecting the controller I've been using for over 15 years or so...bit angry about that. Anyway, I got it connected to bluetooth and everything but I just realized a problem.

How do you turn the controller off if your not using it? Holding down on the xbox circle kinda doesn't bring up the pop up to turn off the device since well, my laptop isn't a xbox1. >.>

Ah, well.

-edit-

Never mind, I glared at it until it turned off. I win, it loses.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  21. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

I chucked a dollar at that one just for the Linux command line book. Not really interested in coding, but I am trying to get a better handle on Linux.

In other news, I dumped a bunch of my Christmas gift cards and cash into Amazon for computer parts. Ryzen5 1600, B350 Gigabyte Gaming3 board, 16GB DDR4 RAM, a RX560 4GB graphics card. I'll hopefully have my computer up and running soon.

22. OverReactionGuy

Well, even with the late start I managed to finish off season 12 for diablo 3. Problem is, I don't really care for the demon hunter that I did it with. I like my WW barbarian much better than my rain of vengeance demon hunter. Especially since my barbarian doesn't require intensive clicking to get everything going. Just needs to leisurely hold down one button and everything fucking dies. Maybe a few times for clicking shouts and sprint but not nearly as much as constantly clicking like three buttons to make sure you get everything going on a demon hunter. >.>

Damn my hand is cramped because of it.

Anyway, need to cube like 20 fucking legendaries so I need to farm bounties and death souls before I never need to bother with my demon hunter again.

-sighs-

Such a pain.

23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Hey guys, if you think DOOM on Switch was nuts?

Now the Switch is getting DARK SOULS remastered as well.

Nanimani likes this.
  24. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

'Spit Take'

Nani?!

A Dark Souls remaster!?!

That's... okay I guess. I mean, It's just going to be a HD texture patch at the most.

A shame really, I was actually hoping for a Remake or something or just added mechanics of the third game into DS 1. It's gonna be weird only using one weapon with a shield.

Side note, I hopethey fixed Blight Town.

Nyarl-sama likes this.
  25. KinKrow

You underestimate the power of the Japanese.

I mean, you're probably right, but don' be shocked if they add extra and don't advertise it.

daimahou and Rexis12 like this.
  26. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

Would be neat if they managed to fix the Bed of Chaos boss fight.

oh please fix the Bed of Chaos bossfight.

27. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

*Insert dark laughter*

I wouldn't get my hopes up about this, me think.

Rexis12 and KinKrow like this.
  28. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

So I went to see the new Fate Stay Night movie in Edmonton the damn thing was sold out so I went to see Jumanji 2. Then since I've been looking for Fate Extella the Umbral Star since I got a Switch for Christmas and I checked online for it.... Only Amazon.ca and Best buy.ca said they had any. I went to Best Buy before the movie and the Clerk when I asked said to me they were sold out and that it was on clearance so don't expect them to get anymore. Then after Jumanji I went to the EBgames in the same mall.

I got lucky while they were sold out of Fate Extella there was another Ebgames location close by that had a new copy. So I get them to put it on hold and they make it sound like it would take about 1hour and 30mins to get to the store. It was about 3:30pm and the store closed at 5:00 pm. When we left about 10mins later following our Gps it took about 30 mins to get to the location and buy the game. It was definitely worth the trouble so far I have found it to be a good game after playing for about 40mins and I can't wait to unlock more Characters I really want Weapon spam some Mongrels to death.

daimahou likes this.
  29. Athlumney

Athlumney Versed in the lewd.

Bit of a late reply but there is no Rebirth 4, the game that comes after Hyper V Rebirth 3 is Megadimenion Neptunia VII and available on steam, the name is a play on that it's the seventh Neptunia game released, and the sequel to V.
    If you have a Humble Bundle account the mainline Neptunia games, and some of the spinoffs are on sale for the next ~6 days.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  30. OverReactionGuy

Already got all of them but the spin offs on steam actually. There was a nice steam sale on them and got them for dirt cheap.

-edit-

Honestly, I hope steam never goes down because a lot of my games fucking require it now.