1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

When Life Gives You Aliens - A "Real World" "Hero" + The Omnitrix [CYOA]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by ProfessorP.Hardraad, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Extras: The Beginning and The Build
    ProfessorP.Hardraad

ProfessorP.Hardraad Thread Necromancer

My First Story On This Site.
    It will be taking place on "Our Earth" which means somethings (That I used for the build) have been removed from pop-culture.

Here's my the CYOA . It is a bit blurry so if you are having trouble reading it, it was also posted to Reddit here.

Here's my Build:
    Starting with 20pts.
    Misfortunes & Malfunctions:
    +6 Self-Destruct Mode. Should be fairly obvious, I don't want anyone else getting their hands on this thing. Ultimate Power = Ultimate Paranoia.
    +6 The Name Game. This is the best part of having the Omnitrix! If you don't name your aliens how is anyone going to know you're having fun? (Since I have 12 Aliens at +.5 each)
    +2 Omni-Chan. She's like Siri, but slighty more interesting because she's attached to an alien watch!
    +2 Over the Radar. Because I'm also taking...
    Missions:
    +5 Secure-Contain-Protect. And since I took the above I also net an additional +3 and I get to take an additional mission.
    +5 Doc-lings! Because every hero needs something to protect other than their secret identity.
    +5 Watchbearers Galore! Because as our friendly neighborhood Eidolon can tell us, we need Worthy Foes.
    Aliens:
    -2 Galvan: Synapse. Because everyone needs to take the smart guy along!
    -1 Tetramand: Enkidu. Because everyone needs to have super-strength!
    -1 Thep Khufan: Ozymandias. Was tempted to name him OzySandias, but I'm a grown man, not a child.
    -4 To'kustar: Eitri. For those World-Ending Threats.
    -2 Methanosian: Gloriosa. Named for the Fire Lily, or gloriosa rothschildiana. Also because I need some fire support, and hey puberty's not that bad, right?
    -2 Necrofriggian: Morpho Wight. Because this is another staple of good Ben 10 and it's another fun chapter to write.
    -2 Crystalsapien: Corundum. 2nd Hardest Crystal, Easiest Name to come up with. This guy is one of the best things to happen to Ben 10.
    -2 Anodite (Not Official Image): Professor Sorceror. Because the Mister Doctor Strange joke was the best thing uttered by Baldersnipe Kumquat, also because Magic.
    -.5 Opticoid: Argus. Because I wanted a cheap alien and I like the Cyclops power thing.
    -.5 Revonnahgander: Gandhi. Because infiltration unit is a thing, and the name because their species are peaceful.
    We are now in the Multiverse boys and girls
    -1 Diathim (Not Official Image): Seraphim. The angels from Star Wars that only exist because an 8 year old made cringey flirting at a princess.
    -2 Cybertronian (Protoform): Hardware. Because after looking at my entire list I didn't have any speed, and I wanted a synthetic life-form.
    Time for some good-old fashioned Upgrades:
    -3 Super Scanner: For roster updates immediately!
    -1 Basic Functions: The Watch is actually a watch, imagine that!
    -15 Master Control: Because Mom said it's my turn as the Aliens.
    -7 Ultimatrix: With the Simulator Function but also starting with
    -3 Ultimate Galvan: Because MODOK is a thing.
    -5 Biomnitrix: Because Mix-and-Match is the best thing

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO! Universe Changes. In this story, Transformers never rolled out. Star Wars, we got the Original trilogy and George Lucas died in a tragic house fire in 1995, so no Prequels. (Jake Lloyd went on to have a succesful life as a psychologist) Obviously Ben 10 never happened. This is the story of the Omnitrix coming to Earth. Lots of Omnitrixes in fact, about 20 of them. Some will never be found. Some will be found by nascent heroes. Others by criminals. And at least one by a strung-out wage slave who will find he's stumbled into a secret war that's been going on since March 2, 1961.

The world will never be the same.