1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They were able to send that Huntsman to Venus in the past, so they may have some, but they may not be able to use it to leave their solar system in their era.

They also may not have figured out that much of New God tech, or can't use it since they're not New Gods themselves.

Good point about the time traveling before it was a thing and just staying there.

The only explanation I have for that is either Melmoth was telling the truth to Paul about why they raid, or that he and his wife were somehow controlling the rest of the Sheeda and preventing them from just going back and taking a spaceship.

Cuchulin and Fellow like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The actual Grayven? Maybe.

But I doubt it would be the renegade, since this doesn't seem like his style.

Well unless something really strange happened to him in the future.

3. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

A fair point, but that brings up why he wouldn't have fixed The Sheeda by now, Humanity's his after all. The same goes for the Entropy Field and, as Darko said, doesn't make much sense for Renegade to have taken this route, he's hardly Tangseid.

Cuchulin, Fellow and Darko like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Remember thus this thing with the Legion happened thousands of years into the future. A lot of things could have changed for the renegade during that time and he may no longer consider humanity to be his.

Also let's remember that renegade isn't the only Grayven around, there's also the actual Grayven who renegade is impersonating, so if the sun was the work of Grayven it may have been the original version.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Fellow and 1 other person like this.
  5. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

My bet is on an Evil!Future Superman.

6. Assblaster5000

True, but I can't really see much getting Renegade to go this far outside of another does of Anti-Life, and even that he has a counter to.

Grayven I don't know enough about to make a call for, but considering he's Darkseid's son...

The main issue I have with it being either of them is how? How did they manage this and why?

Fellow likes this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Unlikely, though if it is that then maybe the Superman one million may be responsible.

Or the real responsible one killed that Superman and did that to the sun.

8. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Or, ya know, it isn't an Old Man Grayven (original or otherwise). 'overwhelmingly powerful dark-clad humanoid figure' doesn't exactly narrow things down in the slightest. It is about as generic 'bad guy' as it can get.

Cuchulin, Hell's Razer, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Renegade isn't a perfect being so something could have happened to him that made him like this, or he did get Anti Lifed.

As for the counter either it didn't work this time for some reason, like the fragments being stronger than the previous one, or the Elements were lost or destroyed somehow.

As for how, well their god powers could have developed to this point or they got their hands on something that allows them to do thus

As for why, well Grayven was raised by Darkseid and if something happened to the renegade then he may have went full sadistic bad guy.

Cuchulin, Fellow and Assblaster5000 like this.
  10. Assblaster5000

All certainly good points, but I just feel like something's off about that explanation. It could just be Zoat's seemingly constant ability to dig up obscure things from DC's long history making me think that though.

11. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

That's one of my favorite things about this fic.

12. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Well... I suppose. However, if you're immortal and have access to time travel, you don't really need a schedule. If you're late, just go back in time until you're not late.
    In most cases you would still want a time measurement device of some sort, though. Feels kinda kludgy otherwise. I suppose if you rewind a la primer, you can just observe unyil you hit desired conditions.

13. Assblaster5000

At the moment we have no reason to think any of The Sheeda are actually immortal besides Melmoth, and he's done something to make himself that way.

Cuchulin, Fellow and Darko like this.
  14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

The description given is a humanoid, more or less, who is dark, or wears dark clothing.

That description could apply to Gravy, as well as every human being that has ever lived, or Mickey Mouse.

15. Assblaster5000

Exactly, that's half the reason I don't think it is Renegade, with the description we have it could be practically anyone.

16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

At least one person has correctly guessed already.

17. Assblaster5000

Okay, that means our options are:
    Nekron

Starbreaker

The Great Darkness

Trigon, potentially controlling Raven

Anti-Life corrupted Life Entity

Actual Grayven

Renegade

Evil! Future Superman

Superman One Million, but evil or something

Someone that killed Superman

Gravy

... Mickey Mouse

(If I missed any please inform me and I'll edit this)

Edit 1:Fixed a few things like spelling, the exact naming of some entries, and added a few new entries. Also realized that I've basically signed myself up for a totally sleepless night =/ (But I probably wasn't going to get any in the first place, so whatever)

Edit 2:Added the "Gravy" entry, just incase. (Even though I'm not entirely sure what a condiment has to do with entropy...)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  18. Agent Orange

It's kinda obvious in the hindsight. He always looked shifty now that I think about it.

Stsword, Ardy, Hell's Razer and 4 others like this.
  19. Assblaster5000

Too true, I've never trusted that mouse, why does he own a house? How does he own a house? What laws is he privy too that we aren't?

20. Mr Zoat

Copywrite laws. It's like 'copyright', only he's the one who writes it.

21. Assblaster5000

Ugh, the worst part about that is that it's actually, sort of, true. American copyright laws are almost entirely Disney's fault because they didn't like the idea of losing a cartoon mouse.

Ardy, Darko and Fellow like this.
  22. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

My take away is that living creatures produce slightly more energy than the Vampire Sun takes at minimum.

23. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Thinking about something mentioned earlier about 'shipping. Maturity can vary by quite a bit, sometimes due to circumstances. For example, Paragon gives the impression of being a highly eccentric man in his early- to mid-twenties (to the point that Diana thinking that he was a teenager is weird), completely appropriate for Jade. Grayven, on the other hand, due to his 'angry troll' tendencies, comes off as a sixteen-year-old a lot of the time, albeit a fairly mature one, and so he and Artemis could work out pretty well.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Eld_Tiger and Darko like this.
  24. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

The human body doesn't actually run on a 24h cycle. It's about 25h, with a "reset when you see the sun move" switch. One part in 25 is close enough for messy biology work, that the sun would rise every day was a fair assumption for our ancestor's biology to make, so there was no need for more accurate biorhythms once the reset mechanism evolved to gobble up the error every day. But if you take the sun away, or leave it overhead, people slip an hour a day. And there's a limit to how much the reset mechanism can correct in one go, which is the source of jet lag and seasonal depression and rainy mood on overcast days. The trigger is visual, and it's common for totally blind people (like my father) to lose the ability to reset and slip an hour a day. Having enough sight to perceive bright/dim (like my father used to have) is enough to let the reset mechanism work.

25. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

than

she lifts

twenty-five

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's probably this guy.

Stsword guessed him first and Zoat left a like there, so chances are high that it's him.

He wears dark clothing and is a vampire.

Also he's a Sun Eater, so there's that.

As for why the Sheeda don't look like him, well that could be explained as him having his appearance change over the millenia, or the ones that made the Sheeda weren't that successful in replicating how he looked.

27. fappingtoyourpost

fappingtoyourpost Know what you're doing yet?

It would make sense if it was something the defenders did to ward off black lanterns. It would be a great mindscrew if we found out earth was the only planet with living things on it, and the entire rest of the galaxy was full of the dead.

Cuchulin, moralrelativity and Ardy like this.
  28. Agent Orange

Or the rest of the galaxy is just fine, business as usual, with Sol system being one of those quarantined areas. Because the Vamp-Ra is too personally powerful for any would be saviours to bother trying anything (the planet's already mostly dead, there's an entire galaxy to look after and there's never enough men or budget to cover everywhere) besides, he seems to enjoy playing Sims with the Drow wannabes, let him. At least this way he's not making mess anywhere else and it's not like he's hurting anyone of consequence. Sol sys stopped being relevant to the Human Commonwealth many millenia ago anyway.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  29. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    I don't think I've been doing them like that.

30. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I didn't expect 'vampire sun' to be this literal