1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Krona’s mistake consisted of watching the universe form via a giant hand. What if the end of the universe ends with a giant hand? Particularly in a Big Crunch scenario in which all matter is compressed into a single point.
    From the outside the edge of the universe might look like a giant hand... but perhaps from the inside it looks like the Source Wall.

Also does anyone else think that Dr Sivana Sr. might have gotten dragged to this timeline too?

2. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Probably not a Big Crunch scenario considering that Zoat said at least one of us guessed correctly, but if we didn't know that I'd say it was certainly a possibility.

Neat idea too.

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Grayven hasn't met anyone like that.
    It was a bit more than that. The Guardians knew that watching the origin of the universe would make things go horribly wrong, he knew it would, but he went ahead and did it anyway.

4. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Looks like someone collapsed the universe.

Guess this means that Grayven is shit out of luck and now has to face circumstance that is completely and utterly beyond his control.

6. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

It's a comicbookverse Vaer, insurmountable odds/challenge just means that the protagonist 'winning' is inevitable.

Big Crunch has nothing on Big Gray! Come on Grayboi pull on that shonen power up! Your fairy friends... er... allies by necessity(?) depend on you!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Given that this is apparently a New God it may not be Starbreaker, but it may be an evil version of Superman one million, or at least someone that stole his powers.

I think that in the comics that version of Supes studied the Source, so that could explain the New God thing.

On the other hand Starbreaker could have somehow become a New God, or at the very least he got powerful enough to do something to the Source Wall that it's near Earth and the New God readings that Mother Box was getting were just from the Wall and not the guy that did it, unless he's somehow draining the Source energy from the Wall, which given that he's an energy vampire is possible.

Cuchulin, Ardy and Assblaster5000 like this.
  8. Me. Joka-r

Me. Joka-r Professional Procrastinator

Okay..... can anyone help with something, I keep reading about the 'beetle', but honestly what is it?

9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The booster beetle is what happens when you use a leaf stone on one of these.

10. Agent Orange

It's either:
    ]
    [​IMG]
    or possibly
    [​IMG]

If it's the second I think Grayven is using it as a jetpack.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Xmaster3000, Fellow, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  11. dxdragon

dxdragon Experienced.

Oh wow, this is actually fascinating.

It seems most likely that the Universe has shrunk to the point that only Sheeda Earth & the Vampire sun is left. I never would have expected that.

Grayven can't exactly do anything to the Source Wall. One touch and it's game over for like 99.9% of all DC characters.

If they break through even a small piece though, they could probably use one of the Forces behind it to get back to their time.
    Sage Force to invent a time machine/ teleport back to the past?
    Still Force to accelerate the Universe, hoping for a cosmic reset, and just waiting to catch up 14 billion years later?
    Strength Force to control time through intense gravity manipulation?

Or maybe make a deal with an outside of time Invader to piggy back on their trip to modern Earth? A Dark Multiverse plot would be interesting, even though this version of DC would get stomped hard.

Honestly, at this point, they might just have to wait to get rescued.

12. Agent Orange

Where's Superboi when you need him. He'd be able to punch his way through the Source Wall with his memetic reality warping punch and save them all singlehandedly! He might even be able to punch his way through time back into the past (present?).

What? Nazigirl could so I don't see why Superboi couldn't?

13. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I wasn't aware he was an imperial fist

14. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

While it would be interesting to see those things in this story they are part of the n52, and Zoat generally doesn't use much from those comics.

16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Agreed.

Besides, this would be anti climatic.

17. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Perhaps this is a Britishism, but over across the pond, "dingy" means "dirty" in the manner of something ill-maintained.

18. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

How many New God thingies we know that can drain the life force of planets? I mean besides grandpappy who was famously stuck on the wall and it's pant-shitting terror causing ?

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that in the comics it was mentioned that Darkseid steals the power from conquered pantheons.

In the n52 comics he was shown as stealing the powers of the Old Gods and later on he apparently drained Zeus of some of his power when they fought.

Alexandercctv and Cuchulin like this.
  20. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

Yea, but I was talking about Yuga Khan, the guy that was locked on the source wall, the same guy that can drain the life force of planets

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know, and you also asked about other New Gods that can drain life force, and I thought of Darkseid.

And Darkseid may also be capable of this, seeing as in that comic where he fought Galactus he told him that Apokalips has no energy for him to feed on.

This could mean that he either drained the energy using his powers, or at least equipment, or that Yuga Khan did that.

The sun apparently became like this a long time in the future so it's possible that Darkseid grew powerful enough to do it.

On the other hand given that Yuga could apparently drain planets and the Source Wall being here, yeah I'm now getting some strong vibes that this might be granpappy Yuga.

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

This wouldn’t happen in a world where the Sivanas don’t exist until later. Also, engtrepreneur build has minions. He’s just send a bunch of his employees at the problem

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. Agent Orange

So if his favourite grandson just asked him to stop (or at least to let them pass) nicely he'd do it?

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Why of course!

But not before he shows renegade some games he used to play with his son, little Uxas, like 'How many punches can you take before your jaw breaks'!

Apokaliptian family bonding, truly it is beautiful, from a sadists point of view anyway.

Alexandercctv, Cuchulin and webxro like this.
  25. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

A) Zoat doesn't like that origin for Starbreaker, so he's unlikely to use it. Writer's prerogative, after all.

B) Why wouldn't a sun-eater have genetics? They are animals, part of the Red.

In one comic, Buddy, with basically got to go "I have the power to emulate the powers of animals, unfortunately for you there's a Sun-Eater a couple of solar systems over. This has been your pre-asskicking one-liner."

Cuchulin, Assblaster5000 and Ardy like this.
  26. Assblaster5000

Huh, didn't know either of those, thanks for the info. The reason I didn't think they had genetics was because of the image DC Database uses for them, they're just amorphous blobs of pure darkness, so I'd assumed they were some kind of energy being.

27. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

It's amazing that not long after this was posted a new long awaited episode was released. I think there's a word for these kinds of happy coincidences, but I can't remember what it is.

28. Assblaster5000

Divine Intervention, for The Man-Emperor protects!

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And like this episode it features evil elves.

Along with both this story and that episode having the power of friendship destroy evil, well damage it in the case of TTS.

30. Assblaster5000

Not enough Hams here though. Also spoilers, I haven't watched the episodes yet.

Darko and Fellow like this.