1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Joelseph14

Joelseph14 Know what you're doing yet?

Man imagine doing everything Paul has done and then getting mistaking for fucking Hal Jordan

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'presence'

Well Melmoth wasn't completely lying about other Sheeda.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

First the time they tried to kill Superman and now this.

Again, hah hah ha ha ha haa hah hah!

One day you may become absolutely livid.

Probably smugness because he's more famous than Paul.

3. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

ahh, i see why she was attacking Paul with his own desire

since same color are effective against Lantern, if Hal was attack by his own Will then he would have been in a pickle

but Paul have Enlightenment so he can just wave it off and reabsorb it

cool ability but way too specialize

4. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Hello Mildly Annoyed, I'm Richard.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Let me sing you a song about what I'm going to do to your world.

6. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Maybe not.

If the power is to try to cause a conflict in their primary light then it's a bit over specialized given how many ring slinger types don't give a fuck, and how the higher tier enlightened ones will ignore it anyway.

If it's to try to hit them with their own desires that's a bit more useful. Orange undermines a lot of the other colors by nature, including itself, and if she's able to actually get skilled with manipulating the orange light there's a lot she can do with even restricted manifestations. Paul's all things strive for example.

Mastigos2, zeebza, Relyt33 and 4 others like this.
  7. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Lady Aeres, Highborn of the Sheeda and a perfect killing machine. As deadly as she is beautiful!

vs

... Mildly Annoyed, some Hal Jordan fanboy wearing some cheap 'Made in China Maltus' power ring knockoff (he couldn't even get the colour right!)

Is it even a question who will win this "fight"?

8. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

A nice analogy. After what is desire but the hunger for more than what you need to survive? That, after all, is what empowered the Ophidian in the first place.

To be honest, if you hit up most of the Security Council nations, the rest will probably take the hint and give you what you need. I'm sure word is already spreading amongst allied nations.

And nuking London would be one hell of a last resort. I have to wonder how the demon-worshippers are getting on, though. Bet Hell's getting a few interesting summonings...

Oh, hell, a random encounter. Since when did this turn into a JRPG?

...Hardly the most effective weapon. I'm going to enjoy watching him take that Sheeda's attacks and beating them over the head with them. As in, literally smacking them with the energy bolts like they were clubs!

Yes, getting in the way of more worthwhile jobs. We've seen what you think of that sort of thing.

Oh, boy. This pointy-eared moron is in way over their head, aren't they? Wonder how they're taking the fact he absorbed their attack?

When it's going to be this easy, why not taunt them. It's not like they can hurt you with that weapon.

Of course, that doesn't mean they don't have other weapons. Might want to take care of this quickly.

Like trying to burn a fire dragon with a torch. You kind of need something bigger. Like the Megadeth fire spell (if I remember right). Unsoakable damage for the win.

Give them a little education in who they're dealing with, eh? I doubt they can adjust strategies in the field, especially if it requires making a new trooper with altered genes.

A telepath, eh? And looking for Sivana? Looks like the Queen is planning on some measured retribution for his insults. Like the whole 'energy blast into the Hunstman destroying stuff back home' thing.

Reasonable desires all. And clearly not the person he's looking for...

Heh, that'll get them seething. After all, what better way to insult an enemy, than by ignoring their threat?

Huh. I didn't realise Sheeda went in for personal flight devices. This must be an Elite soldier. Still going to get her ass handed to her, though.

Yeah, might have useful information. I doubt diplomacy will go well, especially if they're heavily indoctrinated to the Queen's will. Which they almost certainly will be...

Just so he can log it in his report, of course. It's not like she'll last long.

A Highborn, eh? Basically a Sheeda Super... Super-villain, because Sheeda.

Honestly, do you know how much work is involved in running an entire planet? Especially one that's been razed back into the Stone Age?

You assume she bothers to think at all. What the Queen commands, and all that. Oh, she might have a little more free will, but only as far as she needs to discriminate between targets...

I'm surprised. I thought there'd be more people with that desire. But then, he does have other filters applied... Like 'Hurt the weak peasants'. 'Please the Queen'. 'Die well'.

Yep, utterly indoctrinated in the Sheeda way of life. Melmoth wasn't kidding about their liking for causing suffering, was he?

... :confused: I'm sorry, you'll have to wait a few minutes, while OL finishes laughing... Incidentally, Queen Glory-Bra wanted to offer Hal Jordan dominion? Did she really expect that to work, especially after Sinestro? And why would she be so worried about a Spectrum-user?

Seriously, is she colourblind? Wouldn't she have been told Hal Jordan is green? <facepalm> Fucking knife-ears...

That's how many now? Might have to prepare some manner of apocalypse-proof datalog system to keep records down the line. Something that can survive just about anything and be operated by the dumbest of cavepeople...

"I have not heard of this 'Mildly Annoyed'. What manner of name is that?"

I'm honestly curious as to how she would have fought a Green Lantern anyway? Would she have been firing fear? What is she even using to duplicate Spectrum energy? I mean, I know it's not that hard. Metahumans can do it, but... This raises so many questions...

...along the edges and over the head.
    It also has a decidedly female cast to it...

9. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Her stupidity and arrogance is mildly amusing.

Absolutely crushing her will be hilarious.

Also, Sheeda technology:

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They were killed during the Angel invasion.

The non demon worshipers are probably still alive though, but they may have decided to go straight after their compatriots were angel fried.

I have a feeling OL's reputation is going to take a lot of hits after more people discover what he did for Sivana.

Most people may mostly know him for the cake and the eyes thing, and may think he's a bit crazy, and with this whole pardon thing they may honestly lose a lot of trust in him.

Nope.

Power ring=bullshit god tier powers.

That's why she'd be worried about a Spectrum user.

They may not know what color the rings are and just know about some of their capabilities.

In the words of Abridged Guru:

"I do not know what this 'Mildly Annoyed' is, but it sounds disappointing"

In the words of God from the Darkmatter2525 channel on Youtube.

"Magic"

11. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

what if the space manipulation tech used by paul is different from the necrons?

SemiAnarchist and Assblaster5000 like this.
  12. m_d

m_d Fascinated by storytelling

advice = noun, advise = verb

13. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Quite possible, even likely considering that the Matrusians and Necrons had very different origins and developmental histories.

There's also the fact that we don't know which edition P'aul is in, so the Necrons having that kind of tech might not even be a thing.

14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

15. Agent Orange

They were? Are you guessing/hoping they were or was it an actual plot point? I don't remember it but it's been a while since the angel invasion plotline.

Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Angels went after any demonic presence they could detect on the planet and I remember Zoat mentioning they were killed, but I can't exactly remember when.

17. Agent Orange

Does that mean that poor Mr Thornton is dead as well?

I'll be honest, that sounds... a bit contrived but as far as offscreen issue resolutions go it isn't a bad one. Still, the angel invasion plotline wasn't completely pointless... Huh. Ok! Awesome.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Ardy likes this.
  18. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Considering the daemonettes were an older edition version? That might be P'aul noping their psychic abilities, or it might be that he's in an earlier edition. Weak evidence towards the point, anyway. Probably not first or second edition, though, since I think the Tau were a third edition addition.

19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I would think he might be more insulted that a species the claims to know everything about him (Hal) would believe he would bend the knee and agree to be the ruler of Earth in exchange for collaborating. Or maybe just not care and use his Will to beat the stuffing out of these sadistic abominations.

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Good point, but I still think he'd try to rub it into Paul's face that he's more well known than him, at least from time to time if he thinks Paul's ego is getting too big.

Ardy and FourthPear like this.
  21. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

This is the heaviest blow Paul will take all day.
    And it's Super Effective too!
    Please tell me this is being recorded!

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well his ring most likely records everything, so most likely.

infinityDivided and Doccer like this.
  23. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'll see your Stoppable and raise you a Dende.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  25. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier.

Either that or he succeeds SO WELL that no one from his future ever comes back.

Dur'id the Druid and Istaran like this.
  26. Agent Orange

Or his future is one of those where Earth/Humanity gets destroyed/turned to one gestalt mind/energy beings instantly at some point before a significant number of extrasolar colonies is established. So the reason no one from that future ever comes back is because there's no humans left to come back.

Otto von Saurion, Cuchulin and Doccer like this.
  27. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

In the latest canon subspace is more of a Krork thing, and not exclusively them either.

In The Beast Arises the first warning the Imperium got that Waaagh!Beast was building a subspace-based Webway-alike was all the other creatures that live in subspace naturally being forcibly materiallized on human worlds as a side effect of the construction.

FourthPear, transhumansage and Ardy like this.
  28. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

I'm getting a bit of a Helsing Abridged feel out of this little chat.

Hell's Razer and Xmaster3000 like this.
  29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Then a different much much more dangerous Dynasty would be heading for Paul.

What Warhammer calls Subspace and what DC calls Subspace are different things.

DC's subspace has more in common with the dimensional technology utilized by the Necrons then what Warhammer calls subspace.

transhumansage likes this.
  30. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

advice (though I'm not the first to offer this correction, you missed the last one)

Either "be offering it" or "offer it"

lest

Is the SI back down to just one ring again? Or has he just been burning that much charge in this fight?

m_d, Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.