1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Lone Courier 6

Lone Courier 6 Wanderer of threads

...This is why we don't want Heroes like The Flash or Spider-Man dropping their no kill rules, they are terrifying when they go lethal.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

maybe 'if they do'

remove 'in the refugees' or make it 'crew and the refugees'

3. Irked

Irked Experienced.

...I think Paul might actually be about to get angry here, could derail the fight quite a bit.

mauke, RGFJ, Relyt33 and 11 others like this.
  4. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

It's why no-one wants Velocity playing with knives. He'll get a double s rank, and a flee on sight order in the bingo book.

mauke, TopHatWearer, Relyt33 and 8 others like this.
  5. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I get that Barry was angry at the idea that the Sheeda might go into exile here instead of facing justice, but I was expecting him to argue about it instead of immediately turning murderous. He didn't even wait to see if that was the option Lord Malvolio was going to take.

Jaron, Silveraith, Amrynel and 22 others like this.
  6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

:mad: Fuuuuck! Barry, you idiot! For someone who can think faster than anyone alive, you are so dumb!

As nice as it is that he's been taking OL's guidance, this is not the time to find out about it!

And Orcus is getting off his throne. Well done, Barry, you just pissed off the big dog.

:eek: Not even chunky salsa. More like smooth red paint. Flash don't fuck around.

Presumably he's manipulating the physics of this pocket dimension directly, not by any Spectrum effect. Suggests he's got a lot more control over it than we thought, even if he's still locked inside.

Barry going for the direct approach to taking out Malvolio, eh? I don't think it'll work, no matter how hard you hit him.

Although the Queen is unlikely to be permanently dead from that. She was almost as hard to kill as Melmoth, if I remember right.

Yeah, when even your own teammates are calling you out for it, you know you dun goofed. You dun goofed BAD.

Unfortunately, he's kind of needed alive for other things, as much as you want to punish him, Malvolio.

Hmm... Scattering something in the air in front of him to scatter and deflect the destruction pulse? And for fuck's sake, Diana, think!

Good luck convincing the others to step back and think rationally, when the big boss is trying to kill them...

Looks like Mallie didn't like that. And it seems what he doesn't like, he smashes...

Impressive, given his enlightenment. He got smashed so hard, he forgot all desires for a moment?

Yeah, the entertainment industry has caused a lot of myths like that to become 'common knowledge'... I'd be more worried about anyone who was standing in the path of Malvolio's shot against OL. Again, chunky salsa...

Blind shot? looks like Barry pissed Malvolio right proper.

Or they're forgetting about the bystanders in the heat of battle. Typical for comic-book heroes, really. At least on Earth, most people are smart enough to run away...

So Malvolio's empowering of the station has limited range beyond it. Handy, especially for rescue work.

He'll save as many as he can, even if he has to pull Malvolio's palace down around the man's head...

Just have to be careful to stay out of the way of...

...the roaming boss fight. And every moment it goes on, both Hal and Malvolio are less inclined to give up. Hopefully it doesn't end up doing too much damage...

...Nineteen seconds. Holy shit, OL works fast, even by hero standards. He's not even accelerated, is he?

Really not the time, Hal. Someone's got to clean up after Barry's fuckup...

Well, at least Hal can see the value is saving lives. But somehow, I don't think they are good...

...I really hope he's at least in one piece. While he's not enlightened-good, Hal is pretty damn good at shielding...

Somehow, when they get back to Earth, I think Barry is going to be deep, deep in the shit. Seriously, I know he was pissed, but wow. And now any hope of a diplomatic resolution is down the toilet, and Malvolio is not pleased...

Normal speed, and then the corpses of the Sheeda...
    Another blink and I'm up close to the station again. Next breach-.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He was probably tired of seeing the Sheeda still be around and then being given the chance to escape justice.

Lots of people would be pissed after something like that happened, and may want to do something violent to stop it, but they can't while Barry can.

mauke, RGFJ, TopHatWearer and 9 others like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hopefully he gets some therapy after this.

He has been fighting the Sheeda for weeks and saw what they do to the people they capture, so yeah anyone with a functioning morality would be pissed at them.

9. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

What do we think, gang? Did the queen have a Contingency spell on her that can reverse death? Perhaps a chronomancy effect to return her body to a point before the injuries.

10. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

And OL learns what it's like when a teammate goes ham unexpectedly.
    Seems a bit out of character for Flash though. He's always been the nice one.
    Of course when the nice ones turn, it's scary as fuck.
    Mal is damn lucky this isn't a version with the speed force. Relativistic punches would have killed everything before he knew what was happening.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Beware the Nice Ones indeed.

mauke, RGFJ, Relyt33 and 3 others like this.
  12. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

This was always going to end this way. The Plot demands it! Diplomancy actually working would rob us of this big pointless exciting fight scene. We can't have that.

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The Queen is very specifically the next best thing to Invulnerable and Immortal.

So whoever that was Barry killed, it wasn't the Queen.

BartlettMagic likes this.
  14. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

You...you just combined about three franchises there.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

15. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

She got offed in a car accident in the comics.

If a car racing towards a hospital can leave her a bug on the windshield, I see no reason to believe this didn't do her in.

16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, he was going to think 'do need'.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, she just used the caldron, and the strike team didn't see that anywhere.
    A car and an arrow made of narrativium.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The deadliest substance in the universe, especially the comic universe.

egooo, Gilhelmi, RGFJ and 7 others like this.
  18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Not sure who you are thinking of... But I don't think that was Queen Tenebrae...

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I'm thinking of her death in Seven Soldiers, the mystery is what you're thinking of.

She got stabbed by Sir Ystin, shot by Spider, fell in the street, and then hit by Bulleteer's car.

The next panel is Bulleteer being told she's the only one who survived the car accident, so RIP Gloriana and Sally Sonic.

And "The spear thrown by Mighty Aurakles 42,000 years ago has finally found its mark," is the narration on the next page by one of the Seven Unknown Men of Slaughter Swamp for those that wasn't blatant enough.

20. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

:D

I'd recommend reading this. It's what I was referencing.

moralrelativity likes this.
  21. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Just hopefully not at Sanctuary. That place has a history of not ending well for Flashes.

Ardy and Darko like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Or anyone else who went there.

Ardy, CTrees and Prince Charon like this.
  23. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Weeks from the perspective of the other characters, but depending on how his power expresses itself in this timeline, it could have been years, or even longer, from his accelerated viewpoint.

Sojiko, Gilhelmi, Cuchulin and 7 others like this.
  24. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

That's fair. Even without all the murder, it would be a shockingly terrible place for people to actually get therapy (regularly memory wiping your robot therapists does not lend itself to building rapport with patients!)

Gilhelmi, Cuchulin and Flightless Man like this.
  25. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

Man, I was hoping Paul would help with murderizing Malvolio

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

That's a very... cross franchise example. Is that Velocity from Worm being judged by Naruto fanon standards?

Cuchulin and FeepingCreature like this.
  27. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

So, Iris was harvested, was she?

Sojiko, Caerwen, Gilhelmi and 3 others like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probay not, but thousands of others were harvested and he saw what was done to them.

That would make a lot of people very, very angry.

Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Flash with a blade like Curare uses (sharpened to the point of a molecule, so it can cut through anything), and almost nothing would be able to stop him. Yes, he can just vibrate his hand into people, but just slicing people in half at relativistic speeds would probably just be faster (if messier).

He'll get there, now that Hal's been removed from the fight. Someone had to think of the civilians. And since he was first removed from the initial attack, he was best suited for that.

I'm kind of hoping Paul just goes and assimilates that big Green Battery. Would probably give him a good power boost and weaken Malvolio (or at least, distract him from WW and Flash).

30. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

A bit too angry unless he knew some of them. People get killed all the time in superfights, in disasters... He's taking this a tad too personally taking into account his character up to this point.

Either he lost someone important or he got hit by something that makes him act like this. Or this isn't 2012 Barry at all. My money is still on Bad End Barry from a few years in the future (he finally figured out how to break the FTL barrier and went back in time to set right what went wrong... Or just to get revenge. That works too).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Gilhelmi, RGFJ, CTrees and 2 others like this.