1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Reach may have never encountered any type of alchemy in their previous conquests, so they may have very little idea what they're dealing with.

They most likely have extensive knowledge of chemistry, but not alchemy.

They have no context of what they're dealing with, unlike Wally, who at least had some instructions.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  2. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's always so fun seeing what a high level Light Shaman can do isn't it? So many different paths the devs gave to explore, and yet The Emotional Spectrum has always had such a flashy presence in-game.

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It was a quote.
    These are Orange Lanterns. For those that seek power, they see something they might achieve if they work at it. They always knew that the Illustres was powerful but now they're seeing what that translates into in macro level combat.

4. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Has anyone in the corps attempted to merge with Ophidian, yet?

Cuchulin, Ardy and BartlettMagic like this.
  5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Is it really a quote? If it is, where is it from?

6. Awkward

Awkward Know what you're doing yet?

I believe it's a quote from Hellsing Abridged. This one

Cuchulin, Ardy, Darko and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No.

Ah, how close do they have to get for it to count as 'tried'? A few have walked purposively towards the Orange Central Power Battery, but they generally get jumped on by their wiser colleagues.

8. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

"This gets you promoted in the Green Lanterns!"

"Well last time I checked that wasn't a green battery."

Doccer, Vorian, Hell's Razer and 14 others like this.
  9. Pez

Pez Spaceman

I'm glad I was right that subspace would kill the eggs.
    I'm glad I was right when I suggested he'd see Jade on his mission.

I'd be concerned that my space soldier gf said something like that if I didn't have empathic vision. I do hope for some kind of relationship development to come from this, though.

10. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

It read to me as a bit of snark between lovers rather than an actual biting comment, but it could be a setup, though I don’t think so. Things have been going well in there relationship, even if I would like to see more of it, and Jade was the one who wanted to work off planet.

11. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

TopHatWearer and Darko like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The eggs are all right.

Prince Charon, TopHatWearer and Ardy like this.
  13. BlueMangoAdea

I think he's implying that Paul did not use subspace. It's that pocket universe thing the Priest did.

Chaoswind, TopHatWearer and Pez like this.
  14. infinityDivided

infinityDivided ******** of Doom

...Huh. Out of everything Klarion did, I didn't think that THIS would be what Paul would emulate.

15. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

That can't be what he did, because time still passed normally in the children's world.
    What I suspect is that even the eggs can hold their breath for the few minutes it takes a fleet of highly motivated orange lanterns to transmute new incubators into existence. And of course with this much orange light here and absolutely everyone left wishing for the eggs to stay safe, they will. Blue and orange morality agree today on the values of hope and avarice.

16. infinityDivided

I know that Paul didn't actually do the same thing, I was commenting on the similarities between the actions.

Also, I like how he told the Reach agent that a god was the one to do that, and then turns around and does it himself.

17. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Ah, comic book power escalation. Start off using clever tricks to beat up the baseline human martial artist, and a few years later, you're abducting an entire planet of eggs into a pocket universe. Soon you'll be creating a construct hook so that Superman can tow around planets!

18. infinityDivided

He already did that, kinda.

19. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Paul's pulled pizza and potato's out of subspace, just as hot as they were when they went in. Also pulled out a set of severed atlantian hands at one point.

It HAS been stated that living things cost more charge to store and remove then non living things, but much like his magical gear taking more juice to subspace, he's using multiple rings and has a connection to the orange light improved via best snek.

A Planet Worth of egg bebbies is a bit of a stretch as we haven't seen him subspace anything bigger then......I think either the Cruise Missiles, or maybe that block of hardened magic water during the Atlantis fight with the saramites way back when.

We've seen him Dump his whole subspace pocket when he un-merged with the snake, leaving all his stuff around the mountain. As well as when the visit to venus when he got his subspace pocket picked. Don't know the power requirements for doing it piecemeal over all at once being any different, though I assume there might be an increase in power use for doing so at significant ranges.

Aside from his Personal Subspace pocket it has been shown that he can create Independent pockets. One for his lantern when he hid it in his room, and one for some cereal when kid flash had his snacking fit in the early days. Again no comparison on power use vs his own pocket and making new ones.

It does raise a question over the magical connection for these eggs, and the lack of that connection in what ever pocket they end up in. Hopefully this next generation doesn't wake up with a taste for Orange.

20. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Not....sure I would have offered up that little tidbit to someone I wasn't about to splatter but....well I'm not OL.

I couldn't resist.

21. BlueMangoAdea

Look, if you get to high enough levels, they are basically the same thing. :V

22. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

I do kinda have to question the wisdom of blabbing about how weird Earth is to a Reach member but then again he’s made no attempt to keep that secret from others before and the Reach were probably going to learn about it anyway

Plus with the war starting it’s not like the Reach can spare the resources to go conquer a world they probably don’t know the location of and even if they did is very far away from the front lines, hell Paul is probably hoping that they will try it because then he can get the League to fight them

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think I remember some snippets about the Reach changing when they come to Earth die to Paul.

If this still applies then I'm betting it was because of things like this.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

They wouldn't need a fleet, a single stealth ship with a planet killer and Earth would be gone.

25. jonasquinn

I mean assuming that the Reach have fire and forget planet killers you’d be right

But that’s also assuming that the Reach go against every single thing we know about them and destroy a potentially extremely useful planet and restart the war with the Green Lantern Corps on top of the one they’re already fighting all because a single person they’re fighting happens to come from there

Bramble Thorn, Vorian and Ngamer11 like this.
  26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It was a major plot point of the series that they do.

Paul really should have thought of that before he declared war on the Reach.

Because now the GLC won't do shit to defend Earth since doing so would be them violating the treaty and not the Reach.

27. jonasquinn

Their planet killer in the show was specifically a weapon that had to be deployed on the planet and given time to build up and the League managed to disarm twenty of them with no problems
    Well that’s just emphatically untrue, the OLC and their allies fighting a war with The Reach doesn’t automatically mean that Earth is involved in that war just because they have one to two human members

By that logic every battle the GLC gets involved in also involves Earth and the worlds of every other race that has members in it and any war that has an American fighting in it, regardless of who or why, means that the country of America is involved as well

Vorian and BlueMangoAdea like this.
  28. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Any one of which would have been enough to render the planet uninhabitable.

Of which they were only able to find and stop because the Light handed the location and countermeasures to them.

Okay... I am sure the Guardians will come to bat for Paul and risk the war expanding to them just to protect Earth...

29. jonasquinn

And the only reason the Reach managed to hide where they were was because they had a prolonged stay on Earth in which to do so ergo they aren’t simple fire and forget planet killers plus there’s absolutely no reason to believe that the Light wouldn’t help them in this situation like they did in canon because they live on Earth too
    Considering that it’s the Reach breaking their treaty to attack Earth and that’s exactly what they did in canon?

Yes, yes they would

30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And they could do the exact same thing with a steal ship sneaking down to Antarctica.

Actually the Lanterns attacked them first.

The Reach: No? It's a different lantern group with no affiliation to the guardians you say? Well, we won't believe you if you in any way try to protect planet X. After all the person leading the attack force claimed to be from X planet, so if they aren't allied to you, that means you can't protect them without going to war with us.