1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Remind me again, who is this?
    It's not Dick Grayson, right?

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Richard Swift, the Shade.

Drode, Bramble Thorn, BBJimmy and 9 others like this.
  3. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

His task now is to convince people that they are safe from Karmang and from one another.

There will already be suspicion at his survival of the attack which slew his peers.

Little uncertain here. Maybe intended, maybe the second 'so' is extraneous?

On the topic of Olympus Mons: What did earthly observers have to say about it? Did they assume a volcanic eruption or similar?

And in any case, in my analysis, there's little risk to Earth.

...the capacity to endure the absence of other conscious minds...

...around the Earth to inform me whenever anyone travels here using such a technique.

Whatever is that a reference to?

And now both Adoms control their Kahndaq? The problem is, this one is less mellow...

I want my people to see that my justice is swift and absolute.

Let's hope things don't go like they did during the comics' 'Black Reign' storyline... Otherwise things might get Biblical...

...Oh dear. Let me guess, based on 'personal experiences'?

"They've already been cleared of any wrongdoing.
    (Barring intentional word choice.)

Missing a Full Stop.

Classes for law enforcement officials are being filled now...

Their share of the energy supply market in the US is nearing sixty percent...

...and I doubt that construction will begin much before August."

Well, a good look in on Grayven's affairs. Updates all round, but absorbing, for a business meeting.
    (Guessing you ran this one off in a hurry, given the typos... ;))

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  4. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Sadly, no.
    His job during the original meeting was to keep the League alive at least until they were no longer needed.

5. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I wonder how he deals with Karfang. While Paul was somewhat useless for that, I doubt Grayven will catch on in time to help save the team. Though Artemis might actually be useful, with her new god powers (she has those right?)

DAT_NOOB and Prince Charon like this.
  6. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

If anyone will find a way to kill smiley thou...

7. B.B. Rain

B.B. Rain I trust you know where the happy button is?

Karfang might not be an issue.

She was, IIRC, woken in Paragon-verse in response to the Angelic visitations around the globe when they went hunting for Paul.

Hasn't happened in Renegade verse, at least not yet.

8. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

That depends on multiple factors, including whether one of his friends calls him.

She does, yes. Also Zatanna, I think (and she has Order magic training that Paragon Zatanna doesn't). QQ needs an info post on who has the divine awakening so far.

True. Of course, she could awaken for other reasons. Something else woke her in the source comic (though I'm not sure if the something else was also angelic).

Bramble Thorn and Alexandercctv like this.
  9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Last update, the gnomes claimed to have woken her up (I think).

10. Prince Charon

Yeah, I guess they did, though I'm not sure why. The angels showing up could have been the reason, or it could have been something else.

11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Maybe they got scared and wanted to get rid of the clearly magical invaders to their hive.

Prince Charon likes this.
  12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well in the source comic, the Gnomes basically saw waking up Karfang as getting their own nuke.

Then she ate some Gnomes, mutated others, and enslaved them.

So it was a case of "gone horribly right."

13. Prince Charon

I think I used that phrase recently, though I'm not sure if it was in this thread, or another one about another subject.

In this case, though, it means that the gnomes in the Renegadeverse might still wake her up, or have already done so.

14. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Its not like Karfang would be a threat against the team, they have 2 full Kryptonians ,six new gods and Beowulf who has a pure heart and probably cant be corrupted and they all wear apokalyptian armour. Karfang doesn't even have a power ring in this timeline .

But I wonder how the Justice League is going to respond to Adoms take over, since he isn't friendly with any of them in this timeline, except for Shade . And Adom said that he is going to have his Revenge against Shazam after he took back Kahndaq.

15. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

jokes aside, YES.
    back in the day, the intentionally foppish, overly flamboyant dress was simultaneously a WARNING/brand identity, and partly implying their opponents weren't worth taking seriously-
    the efficiency and compitancy of Swiss mercanaries are the direct cause for the ancestors for today legal restrictions on the use of mercenaries- historically they really WERE that good.... Banking was literally their second choice as a National pasttime/industry

16. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

His.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  17. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Even today, you don't want to fuck with the Swiss Guard. They've got modern body armor on under the archaic uniforms, they've got modern automatic rifles stashed away in easy reach at all times, they've got reinforcements nearby in full modern kit with the heavy weapons (just out of sight)... and, on the off chance that one of them isn't in a position to be able to grab his rifle or call for backup, they know how to use those pikes, too. It may not have the reach of a gun, but within the proper range, a pike will still fuck you up plenty good. (This is why militaries still issue bayonets--mount your pigsticker on your rifle, and you've got a decent, if short, pike that can be very useful in certain tactical situations, even today...)

18. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

Grayven is a deity in and of himself. And without the obedience hooks in him that angels have, it's entirely possible Boss Smiley is being much more reserved and cautious because of that. And also because BS may have noticed the time Darkseid visited. And be appropriately cautious about drawing Darkseid's wrath upon himself

Drode, Pinklestia, DAT_NOOB and 4 others like this.
  19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Do keep in mind that Grayven doesn't have Paul's protection and is in the Book of Destiny.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  21. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

EXACTLY! would Boss Smiley want to mess with Destiny's fate for Grayven?
    Did Boss Smiley get away with the shit he pulled BECAUSE Paul isn't in the book so Destiny couldn't do shit about it.?

Pinklestia, DAT_NOOB and Vorian like this.
  22. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

To be fair, this goes for the Paragon timeline version too. I'm interested to see how that will play out, particularly considering both Pauls (both allies to their versions of Adom) have neutralized Lords of Order and Chaos.

Pinklestia, Ardy and Navi-Hank like this.
  23. Deadring

Deadring Screee!

Smiley freaks me out because we know almost literally nothing about him. His goals, his capabilities, his limits or lack thereof... nothing. I'm guessing that Grayven would be able to stand up to him more effectively than Paul, based on smiley's maybe divine power source, but it's a pretty wild guess without much evidence.

24. DrThoth

As far as I'm aware, this is everyone who's received Divine Awakening (I'm including those not performed by Grayven):

Renegade timeline: Celestial Archer (I'm including him because Grayven does use him as a sort of proof-of-concept, and he does use God Speech during the Starro-tech brainwashed Justice League episode); Green Arrow; Artemis; Zatanna; Kid Flash; Aqualad; Michael/Tawky Tawny; Orana the Amazon; Justice Lord John Stewart; Lynne Weyland/Ace; Misa Amane; Frances Kane/Magenta (the magnetic metahuman, might have misspelled her name); Claire Selton/Volcana; Circe; Queen Clea; Scandal Savage.
    I don't remember if he also Awakened the other members of the Royal Flush Gang from the Justice Lords timeline (which I believe is Earth -12, though I could be wrong).

Paragon timeline: Celestial Archer (the same reasoning as the Renegade version, since they should be functionally identical); The Key (the supervillain from the opening of Gods and Mortals
    whose soul was altered to be like a New God's, according to Big Barda)

As an aside, Paragon Zatanna does have some experience with order magic, as part of the studying on how to confront Nabu (she uses a shield of order to test the newly made Ace of Chaos, though I don't remember the exact episode). Of course, this is probably second-hand knowledge and study, and likely can't compare to almost direct tutelage from a Lord of Order himself, even disregarding Renegade Zatanna's Divine Awakening.
    Thinking of this comparison does prompt the cliched question of who would win in a fight between the Paragon and Renegade Teams, if it was directly facing your counterpart. I don't recall any in-depth discussion of that in any of the threads so far, though I might have missed it.

25. ElvishPresley

ElvishPresley Getting some practice in, huh?

It is the most useful attachment of them all.

And yes, the Vatican Guard is serious business, but then most "ceremonial" soldiers are very highly trained (e.g. Queen's Guard) since they're so visible, I'd assume.

26. DrThoth

I wonder if Grayven's Light is going to do anything to facilitate interstellar trade or diplomacy? They do have access to Space Age levels of technology with Grayven, yes, so they arguably don't need to, but it could be useful to build up a coalition to challenge Apokalips, which I believe is his ultimate goal. Vega is obviously a logical choice, though they might not have too much in the current post-conflict state of affairs (which reminds me, what is Grayven's Lantern Corps even doing? Just consolidating power and policing on Tamaran and the surrounding system?).
    Thanagar would also be interesting given their Nth metal (they might be loath to part with it but I'm sure Grayven could find or invent things they'd be willing to trade it for), especially as a parallel to Paragon's future actions in this episode. He's also involved in the resurrection of Kryptonians as well as their technology, so it's not like his influence in galactic-level events is negligible, I just see many potential avenues for growth and development.

27. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

I'm guessing that in a straight up fight either of them would be able to take him. I'd be absolutely shocked if either of them managed to get him into a straight up fight.

Bramble Thorn and Navi-Hank like this.
  28. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

Why are people still talking about Boss Smiley? Wasn't it pretty explicitly explained that the meeting with him was a total fake and that their was absolutely no evidence of him being more than a minor demon that preys on politicians?

Gantradies and Navi-Hank like this.
  29. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

No. There's evidence he's real (Namely the runes on the pods)

Plus spoilers.

Bramble Thorn and DrThoth like this.
  30. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Once again, a guy who at this point is all but entirely composed of matter and energy originating from Universe 16 and who's soul is most certainly comprised of a combination earthly magic and universal avarice is not someone that one should assume is not in Destiny's book.

Bramble Thorn likes this.