1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

It seems like Scott is dating Emma and Jean. Jean is Dating Logan and Scott. Logan and Scott have had threesomes for sure. same as jean and emma. Odds are it will be all 4 eventually.

2. Vorian

Vorian Versed in the lewd.

I absolutely trust Marvel to fuck it up somehow.

Hell's Razer, ChestBurster and Ardy like this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

That's how Mr LeBeau talks.

4. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Well, I thank you guys very much for sharing all that information about the current X-Men. And I'm absolutely glad I'm not reading the current X-Men, too.

It all sounds like a bad fanfic... which makes me think about all the bad fanfics that are actual comics, especially in Marvel for some reason, like the rape babies of Green Goblin and Gwen, or the teenage drama that tries to explain that Peter Parker is actually son of Aunt May and Richard Parker (for some reason those are the ones that have stayed the most with me and I wish I could forget them).

Cuchulin, ChestBurster and Ardy like this.
  5. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

That's not how relationships work.

...Marvel's absolutely going to do it.

ChestBurster and NightmareWarden like this.
  6. Flightless Man

Yes it can be. I grew up in a very free spirited/hippie small city. I was dating 2 girls and a guy in my first year of college, one of my girlfriends, was also dating the other guy. Him and my other girlfriend had a third girl they were dating. It went on for nearly 2 years. Look how many kinds of boats we have. We have many kinds of relationships. not everyone needs a canoe.

7. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Is this the 90s animated timeline? I mostly followed the comics...

ChestBurster likes this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Yes.

9. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Ohhh! Paul is going to show Tony Stark the ring he got off the Mandarin! Mandarin is supposed to have gotten his 10(9 now) rings from a ship belonging to Fin Fang Foom, the alien dragon.

Stark will actually be quite interested cause the Mandarin is a huge pain in the ass.

I have the 90s Iron Man series on DVD. Have to watch it again at some point. Paul could also maybe use his ring to heal Tony's chest/heart injuries or is that too much at this early point of training with the X-Men?

Also power ring scans I would think still be superior to 90s cartoon Marvel tech. Super accurate details and data on the x-gene or mutant physiology would be much appreciated by Xavier and Beast.

10. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

That’s not what I meant. The situation as described to me is like yours, but simpler.
    I didn’t disagree that such a relationship could work, in fact I’d very much like to part of such a supportive one.

My statement was that you don’t just start dating someone else because your partner is dating them too, you form a relationship based on shared experiences and values and trust. Just them coming into contact with each other regularly and them relying on tropes to have the audience fill in the blanks is not going to work, especially in such a situation that most people will have very little experience with, either personally or secondhand.

I disagreed that the love triangle will naturally become a square because one guy is part of another love triangle.

11. Tasoli

Tasoli Keyboard Warrior

Okay this is so stupid it makes my head hurt. Because talk about objectivication of women. Why is he handing force field to him like this is some sort of duel instead of Rogue and let her make her own choice in perpertuality?

I don't even...

Vorian likes this.
  12. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

He's doing it so that Rogue has more choices, rather than only being able to choose Paul or loneliness.

Cuchulin, ChestBurster and Darko like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Because he doesn't know if it's possible or how long it will take but he does know that it will get Mr LeBeau to stop bothering him.

14. Tasoli

Tasoli Keyboard Warrior

My question was why is he giving that forcefield to gambit rather than Rogue! IT is like she doesn't matter at all only his rival does which is misogyinistic as heck.
    Whic has nothing to do with what I am saying he can let him know that he commisioned one for rogue so he stops but getting one for gambit is, I don't even have words for it because I don't want to say retarted but it is at that.
    I don't know you know this but most modern surgery foundations is build by Nazi Doctor Mengele by vivisecting people. Most people just pretend to not know it and let others talk about its Ethical nature but it stopped nobody. So it is already a thing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

What sounds? Rogue wasn't the last or even second to last ti speak and all she said was 'what in tarnation?'
    Nothing anyone else said sounded pleasing.

ChestBurster likes this.
  16. Flightless Man

Ah sorry i see now.

I glossed over why i feel it will become a 4some, and only explained the interlocking triads. On Orgy island, I figure they will become a 4some eventually because scott and Logan haven't even argued in like a year, and Emma and Jean have overcome the old rivalry/hatred. the mindset of Krakoa will encourage the merger of the triads.

Honestly, I kind of want Paul and Remy to give Rogue the forcefield, she has a fling for a while then leaves in middle of night. Paul and Gambit are Heart broken and stay with each other anyway.

Vorian and ChestBurster like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul clearly cares about Rogue, but the reason he didn't tell Gambit that he'll just have one built for her and brought him along may be because he wanted to make extra sure that Gambit stops what he is doing, since as someone previously mentioned some of his pranks may end up hurting someone.

This way he can potentially help her out, and get someone that's been harassing him to potentially back off.

It's not really misogynistic.

Let me use another example then.

Some people may refuse to buy products from a certain company because they do animal testing, which said person finds morally or ethically objectionable.

The product works and is something that person can buy, so by that logic the person should buy it, but due to their ethics they may not want to have anything to do with it.

I think he was just nervous about what Logan said and mispoke.

Vorian, Doccer and Ardy like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Putting a sock on the door and not wrecking the place.

19. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Seems to me that the Paragon interrupt should go just before or just after this paragraph rather than near the top.

Not quite, but it was a kid's show. With the romance toned down, he was slightly less possessive.

Doccer and infinityDivided like this.
  20. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

My point was more "Why is Paul making Gambit any part of solving Rogue's problems via technology?" Gambit doesn't have any technological expertise nor is he going to be making a deal with Stark himself.

If Paul wants a technological solution so that Rogue can touch other people, he can go and talk to Stark himself. Gambit adds fuck-all to the process.

The only reasons I'm seeing to bring Gambit along is if (a) he's going to get a technological solution for Gambit to touch Rogue rather than for Rogue to touch anyone she wants, or (b) he's going to get a technological solution for Rogue to touch people, give it to Gambit, and have Gambit give it to her.

Neither one of those scenarios makes any sense to me.

Scenario (a) kind of only makes sense if Paul doesn't actually give any fucks about Rogue, that the primary thing he wants is to prove his superiority to Gambit for some unknown reason, and Rogue is just a maguffin to be won to prove that. That wasn't the sense I was getting (and also so over-the-top assholish that I'm not sure how it would be a Paragon interrupt kind of thing).

I guess scenario (b) kind of makes sense if Paul's primary desire to fuck both Rogue and Gambit, so this is a convoluted scheme to hook the two of them so he can accomplish that, but that also wasn't at all how the scene came across.

Feels like Gambit is so extraneous to the "Solve Rogue's problem through technology" plan that asking him to make a decision about pursuing that option (as opposed to, you know, Rogue herself) seems bizarre to me.

Agent Orange and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The reason he's bringing Gambit along is to get him to stop antagonising him with the pranks.

He could just help Rogue on his own, but that won't exactly help his relationship with Gambit, a team mate and someone he may depend on in the future.

By doing this he can help Rogue and make a very positive impression on Gambit.

Vorian, Ngamer11, BBJimmy and 2 others like this.
  22. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

It's a little petty, but makes sense. He's going "You think she'd prefer you? Alright, let's get rid of the handicap. I think she'll pick me anyway (because you're a dick)."

Doccer likes this.
  23. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

I believe currently it is just Jean maintaining a relationship with both Scott and Logan. There is no explicit 3-way relationship between Scott and Logan. And it is unclear if Scott is with Emma at the moment. But there is the potential for it between Scott and Logan. They do have their own sort of chemistry, and they gained mutual respect for each other a long time ago.

It is more of a free love kind of deal on Krakoa.

As for the amnesty, part of the argument is that the antisocial tendencies and actions was because of their exclusion from being a mutant. Now they have a society where they can belong. And the amnesty is only for the past. If you kill a human now, you are getting sent to mutant jail, which is worse than human prisons. Plus it's not like humans have excused other criminals. Dark Reign for example.

I would say the only really egregious one getting off is Sinister who has no excuse for his tendencies. But he is also very necessary for the Five and gets folded in.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They also brought in Apocalypse, aka the guy that has tried to commit genocide multiple times because of his whole belief in rule of the strong.

There's honestly only so much a person can get away with before their excuses start to be shit.

Some believe that Hitler may have been abused as a child, but I doubt a lot of people will think that letting him start a new life after all the shit he's done is a good idea.

Cuchulin, infinityDivided and Ardy like this.
  25. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Interesting interactions.

I remember 90's Gambit being petty enough to charge a brick when he was in a pissing match with Logan when rebuilding the mansion, so I'm not shocked at a cake bomb. Little curious how he pulled it off without paul noticing though, but he's a pretty sneaky fella.

The comment that Gambit is no physical threat to this Paul reminded me of something from the comics. Their is a near Dr Who levels of weirdness in a story about Gambit in the comics when he was tossed out of the x-men for his part in ...I think it was the marauders killing morloks, when his part of that came out. They threw him out in the ice outside the savage land, fully expecting him to freeze to death, and Rogue didn't stop them.

He got saved by what later turned out to be an alternate universe version of himself going by the name New Sun,that had his set of powers dialed to 11. Evidently main universe Gambit worked for Sinister and did the morlok job as payment for removing a chunk of his brain to reduce his growing powers to a manageable level. When dealing with this alternate version of himself, there was some time travel and Gambit had a younger version of Sinister put the brain bits back in, so he'd have enough juice to face off with his evil version one on one.

New Sun and/or Gambit with their full range of powers doesn't just do 'touch thing, charge it, it explodes'. He's a full on energy manipulator that could glass a planet. The Evil Gambit had taken out his whole earth and had hopped universes to make sure the local versions of the same didn't do the same (and no, I don't remember why he didn't just let Gambit die....comic book logic). Powers included all Gambits charging tricks with a look rather then a touch, flight, transformation into an energy being, multiverse teleportation and anything else you can think of when to comes to kinetic energy or radiation/ absorption of energy.

Anywho, A 'fully armed and operational' version of comics Gambit would actually be something of a challenge for Marvel Paul. And, depending on just how much he cares for Rogue, you really could see him go all out.

26. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

There's also the revelation of X-Men: the End, where it turns out Gambit is a clone of Mr Sinister with Summers DNA implanted, which would suggest that Gambit ought to have the same powers as Mr Sinister- shapeshifting, healing factor, superhuman stats, telepathy, and telekinesis, as well.

Of course last I heard that wasn't proven in any other universe.....

27. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Paul is taking Gambit to Tony as a bonding exercise to actually interact with each other to speak as adults outside the Tribal grounds. Gambit hates Paul because Rogue is showing Paul a lot of interest, but for most of the Xmen (double so for the ex criminal), he is just an outsider that isn't even a mutant that intruded on their home out of the blue.

The monkey brain is strong.

Paul doesn't know if Tony will even give them the time of the day (Tony can be a huge dick in the comics), so this is mostly an excuse to contact Tony with some backup (Gambit) in case things go south (automatic defense systems, whatever Marvel can throw out of the blue l, etc). Then he hopes the Mandarin ring will be enough bait to get Tony to speak with them and maybe get Tony to give them a tactile personal force field if he has one (very doubtful) or to get him to make one.

Once all the unknowns are solved he will probably get one for rogue.

People are talking as if there is a chance in hell Tony is JUST going to have a personal forcefield like that ready to go, instead of trying to bait Tony into making one, by giving him something he wants.

28. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sure, but you don't get how saying "Well, I could get this girl the thing she desperately wants more than anything else in life, but I couldn't be arsed to do so before. But if the guy who likes her asks me nicely, I'll go get it, give it to the guy who likes her so he can give it to her, and then I'm still intending to get her to pick me over him." makes him even more of a dick?

That's... a bit beyond "petty".

He's essentially treating Rogue as an afterthought, with a solution to one of the most important issues in her life being nothing more than a mcguffin to be used as a weapon in a pissing contest between him and a guy that he couldn't give two fucks about.

I mean, you get how fucked up it is that he's not asking Rogue if she wants a technological solution to her problems, right? That instead of giving her that control over her life, he's getting a random guy who wants to fuck her to make that decision, purely as a gambit to show that Paul is superior to him?

That's a level of "not treating her like she's an actual person" that makes him come off as a complete and unmitigated asshole to me.

Agent Orange and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The technological solution to her problem doesn't exist, Tony doesn't give a flying fuck about her or any other Xmen, Paul COULD talk to her about it, but this is a solution that currently doesn't exist and at best is something maybe Tony can do if you can get his interest.

The road trip with Gambit is nothing more than an excuse to talk things outside the Tribal grounds with him because his "pranks" are dangerous, but he doesn’t want to antagonize a Xmen just because Rogue wants to end her absurdly long dry spell and also gets Paul some backup in case this Tony decides to be a huge dick.

This isn't a trip to get a force field, this is a "Let's see if Tony Stark is a huge dick in this universe" trip, everything else will be decided after that objective is done.

30. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Gotta say, never really liked Gambit. I don't know why. He always felt very....tryhard to me.

Of course, Wolverine showed up as a Hulk opponent/villain at first, so I was biased against him while the whole world loved him. Truth be told, the older I've become, the more Cyclops really makes sense to me. He's practically my favorite X-man these days. Plus I have a thing for simple powers.

Ah Rogue....the old mime a blowjob cock tease....that really so much fun. I had a boyfriend who was super into being locked in chastity. About 6 months in (I'm evil if you give me your keys darling) on a nice July night. Never have I been watched eating a Popsicle more intensely.

I'm not sure he had much competition, but from what I remember, he got pretty friggin jealous if Rogue paid any attention to another man.

Okay, to be fair here, the situation is entirely Logan being a dick. Scott had been with Jean for quite a while when Logan first showed up....Logan just doesn't give a fuck and Jean is apparently too fucking weak to make things quite clear to the little furball.

I....want to say he is in the comics yes.

It's also important to note that Gambit DOES have some sort of low level "Charm" ability.

Logan is an angsty, incredibly hairy man who smokes. That's...like every bit of that is disgusting to me sexually. Particularly the latter two. No joke, I gagged just thinking about it.

Ugh, the entire subculture of the hairy as fuck bear with the cigar. UGH!

Oh god damn it....why did you have to make me remember that?

Yeah, I don't think its canon that she did that....but it was almost so obvious that it was something she would have had to do.

Look, I'm all in on more hot gay superheroes (no pun intended) but Bobby? After years of being girl crazy?

I mean yes, I do know a lot of closeted gays who do act like that. A bunch of them even have multiple kids. But come on....You gotta build to that shit if you are really going to do it.

I'm....calling shenanigans here. Nightcrawler is canonically Catholic as fuck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2021