1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

They'd probably dissect her if they knew she existed, so I doubt that she'd have a problem with it.

2. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Ah, so this bit of the spider guild isn't affiliated with OL's spider queen waifu.

3. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Who have no way to stop something that appears in orbit and instantly drops a giant kinetic impactor on the planet.

In which case why is Paul assuming that the Spider Guild actually knows who this unidentified Spider Lantern is?

I mean... Of course he assumed right because otherwise he just needlessly murdered billions... But it's still an assumption.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Paul and the other Lanterns?

And several JL members are fast and strong enough to intercept impactors.

Fear Corps: attacks

Paul: causes immense terror

Fear Corps: :eek:

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You're missing the "instantly" part of this.

Because in the minute or two it takes anyone up to and including Paul to even hear about the arrival and bombardment it will have already happened. You know... Just like what happened to the Spider Guild planet...

Otto von Saurion and Cuchulin like this.
  6. deimos16

deimos16 Paragon of Grey

I don't think Earth and the Spider Guild are close enough, distance-wise, to perform instant bombardment. Paul can do it this quick because he's a Super-Lantern that can teleport. They'd need to mobilize, which is sort of impossible when the most powerful Lantern in the Universe is indiscriminately slaughtering your people.

7. Kainboa

Kainboa Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

There's also the fact that there's both time travellers and pre-cogs on earth, who could warn the people capable of stopping such an attack.

Earth in the DC universe is a Really bad place to attack.

8. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

He kind of was. He had the juice to effortlessly slam-dunk a starship out of orbit after all.

9. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

This does seem to be a bit premature. While I tend to stick to a pretty hardline "death to raiders/slavers/pirates" policy in regards to fiction, this is a rather radical thing to do without sure confirmation.

Well all I can say now is don't stop and be thorough.

mauke, TopHatWearer and FourthPear like this.
  10. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

Of course, we're all assuming that the monk who said they saw the yellow sigil on the spider guilder was telling the truth.

11. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I'm pretty sure stopping giant kinetic impacts from orbit is basically Tuesday for superman.

Finerc, Prince Charon, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  12. QuiescentQueste

QuiescentQueste Not too sore, are you?

You think fucking with a planet killer is a good idea? You think that poking the avarice elemental's host and taking/destroying their stuff is an idea that DOESN'T result in vast swaths of your species/empire dead? Do you think it's wise to provoke someone who you watched genocide a species?

Not to be too rude, but at a certain point it's Darwinism and Paul has become very good at disproportionate responses.

Finerc, Prince Charon, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  13. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

That brings up a question: after OL deals with Sinestro and claims the authorities of First Lantern (by conquest), who might OL select as a replacement Clarissi for the Yellow Lantern Corp?

I ask this because I do not expect Paragon Paul to want to dual wield Yellow and Orange, and honestly founding Yet Another Lantern Corps feels like the sort of thing Paragon would love to see happen, but hate to handle all the paperwork of for the second time.

Can anyone even be Illustres twice?

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Only choices I could think of on short notice whom Paul would know could even use a yellow power ring are Batman and Scarecrow.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There's also Melinoe.

She's able to make people afraid with her powers, so she may be a good candidate.

Though I don't know if she'll accept given everything that's happened between her and Paul.

Finerc, ChestBurster, Vorian and 5 others like this.
  16. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

Would you like to argue the point with mister Want. and Fear.?

Finerc, ChestBurster, Vorian and 4 others like this.
  17. Bomaz

Bomaz Know what you're doing yet?

Yes give her a ring. I'm sure it won't be misinterpreted at all.

She should be an excellent ring slinger however.

18. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

I'm sure Hinon or another Controller/Maltusian will have something to say on the matter, even OL comes up short to the various species of Guardians.

That something might be "Nice~ *fingerguns at OL*" but they would say something.

19. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

The Orange Lantern corp, The Justice league plus the 3 Green lantern from the sector, the Nemo fleet which i believe is still around earth?

Vorian, TopHatWearer and Senevri like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think the fleet left, but Earth has two Lanterns in Stewart and that Russian woman, as well as two Honor Guard Lanterns in Gardner and Jordan.

There's also Dame Carrol and Ghi'ata, who are both Violet Lanterns.

There's also Arissa, the elf like girl who joined the Team.

Finerc, Ngamer11, Wetbananas and 5 others like this.
  21. DougA

DougA Getting out there.

"Did the Guider say anything?"

Should be Guilder.

22. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

23. Laundromat2.0

Laundromat2.0 Getting sticky.

Presumably the fleet of ships parked in the sector. And if they get close enough, the Justice League. And if they take long enough for a Green Lantern to send Paul a message, well, they'd instantaneously be back at square one.

Also, Earth is probably pretty unknown still at this point. They're more likely to try and get concessions out of Legion or the Orange Lanterns.

Cuchulin and TopHatWearer like this.
  24. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

Earth has something of a reputation in most versions of the DC Universe. Sort of a 'Avoid if all possible, crazy shit happens here. You don't want the attention of this crazy primitive world'

25. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Wonder how long the curbstomping will last before it finds an effectual opponent?

Plink off.

26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The Spider Guild's fleet didn't stop Paragon from normal FTLing in and blasting their planet before they could respond, so not sure why you think anyone else would be able to stop the Spider Guild lanterns from doing the same to Earth.

27. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Because Paul makes a point of thinking about how he, with one of the single most advanced pieces of partially metaphysical technology in the entire multiverse that he has mastered the use of, overpowered their interdiction fields maybe?

28. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

29. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

The fact that OL is way stronger then an average lantern that we have seen having problem with thing like interdiction field? The fact that they have a lantern and yet still tried to stop OL from FTL show that they though it would work because it probably did on their lantern.

30. Dappershire

Dappershire Getting out there.

Why does he need a new corps? Just fold all the colors he controls into his current corps. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to get Alan signed on as an earth-bound representative of the orange corps. Send him a few videos of what the "peaceful" Reach do to worlds they claim, and he'd be in for another world war. Maybe try and steal one of the green's eventually, even if he has to make his own green ring to do it. Not as if he hasn't sown doubt into the minds of the Green's most powerful lanterns. He's got dibs on a sapphire too.

Dox is more than capable of altering his tactics to account for the emotional techniques of other ring colors.

Vorian likes this.