1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I wonder what synthetic energon and dark energon would feel like to an organic like Paul who is interfacing with the unfortunate transformer. A bad shroom trip? Crack? Synthetic weed (shudders)?

2. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Chemical burns I imagine.

3. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Probably something like a quick trip to late stage crack addiction, I imagine.

4. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

I do so enjoy rediscovering the comedy of the Transformers wiki every few weeks or so. It amuses me how the editors are fully aware they're getting far too into the weeds into a franchise designed to sell toys and have thus decided to just own it.

Having said that I don't mean to cast aspersions at Transformers as a whole.

RamiroGalletti likes this.
  5. Katillno

Katillno Verified Nobu fan

I wonder if there still is a chance for breakdown to be revived after all it was his body not his spark that was contaminated

6. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

‘off’
    Also, missing the closing speech marks.
    ‘who’s’
    ’obvious’

I’m making my way through the backlog after not reading for a month. I thought it was pretty interesting that Paul was fine with absorbing order magic into his soul, and the anti-supervillain law that Renegade got made was neat. Nice to see Sephtian again, too.

7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Technically, the Bill that passed changed some procedures. It isn't a law in the sense that it contains anything a person can be prosecuted for.

8. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

Ah, sorry. I don’t really know much of anything about legal terminology.

9. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

Gotta say I'm impressed that The Last Autobot is being included, I hope that Optimus will be among those resurrected but that probably is the whole point. Knock Out has a lot to think about, starting a new life on Earth but also realizing that he made it impossible for Breakdown to be brought back is a very hard pill to swallow.

mastermenthe and RamiroGalletti like this.
  10. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Yeah, the zombie apocalypse was earlier in the series, with a couple times...

Dreadwing could also be restored...potentially Skyquake as well, though the Dark Energon contamination there might be an issue due to Starscream being an idiot

11. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Is this correct or is it supposed to be "Cybertron"?

Mr Zoat and Assblaster5000 like this.
  12. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

Well, we know it's an issue but it might not be a total deal breaker, especially since the body was infected well after the Spark vacated it.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I suspect it might be worse than that in this story.

Zoat seemingly made his cosmology so that people have potential soul structures that will be filled when exposed to appropriate energies, the background magic in setting with background magic, but empty in settings without until exposed to appropriate energy.

While there are Transformers universes that explicitly have magic, Prime isn't really one of them, although Zoat could have certainly canon wielded it in.

But as I've commented before, Energon is basically supernatural energy in several continuities.

So in this story a human exposed to energon, synthetic energon, or dark energon might grow a soul out of those energies.

Which I think would have interesting theological implications to the the Transformers- Is a human soul made out of energon a spark?

So Transformer Paul might have a soul made out of energon already, or be on his way anyway, which might aid him if he ever decides to go full transformer like the Gorlamites from IDW.

15. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

It may or may not be similar due to the fact T-Paul is from another universe and didn't, as the 'native' humans did, grow up on the dormant Unicron.

But we saw what happens when a human* is exposed to Dark Energon, and it was basically terminal poisoning.

* Assuming, of course, that Raf is actually human. There are a lot of fan theories that the show almost went out of its way not to confirm or deny - and in fact once had Miko in universe speculating - that the's some sort of Pretender or other "organic Cybertronian". Given his reaction to Dark Energon and, more specifically, the fact that ordinary Energon reversed the effects...

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Dark Energon has differing effects on Cybertronians as well, from poisoning to whatever the hell happened with Megatron...

Then you have Cylas and that entire thing of fuckery.

Remember that Prime is Aligned Continuity which includes the Cybertron Games

Doccer likes this.
  17. Threadmarks: Uncomplicated Good Works (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

Uncomplicated Good Works

25th November 2012
    15:01 GMT -8

Interceptor -Linda Anderson, apparently- sighs heavily as she floats away from the latest shipping crate of basic supplies that she's dropped off. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that the JSI were happy to be relatively open-handed where civilian relief is concerned. Or perhaps it's just their way of keeping the clearly-wavering Interceptor on-side.

We haven't been able to put Earth 666 back together. That's probably impossible. But we've just about finished injecting Polyfilla into the largest cracks so water can't get-.

The local Supergirl speeds past with another shipping container, drops it off and speeds off again immediately.

Interceptor frowns. "She should slow down. She's been working non-stop since she got back. People can't work at full intensity without a break."

Ring?

"She heard you, slowed down for about half a second and then sped up again. I don't think she's going to be listening to reason on the subject."

"I can understand being dedicated, but-."

I generate a sound baffle around us.

"When he was possessed, the local Superman spread-. The demon possessing him, I should say, used him to spread its magic to everyone close to him. Supergirl ended up torturing people to death for his amusement. She remembers everything she did under the influence with perfect clarity. We offered to remove or suppress the memories but she refused."

"Damn. And she's me?"

"No, you're you. She's a little like you, accounting for growing up in a different situation. Genetically, she's pretty much identical, if that's what you mean."

Interceptor seems to find the idea a little off-putting.

"Not met parallel versions of yourself before?"

"No. I wasn't even sure I was an alien."

I raise my left eyebrow. "Really?"

"Metahumans can have very different physiology to normal humans. It wasn't that much of a stretch."

"Alright."

I take a moment to open my awareness of the desires of the survivors below. Like the survivors of other disasters I've worked on they're mostly simple and short term, but I… I make an effort not to think of them like the Ophidian does, but as a human who could have similar experiences would.

"I wouldn't be astonished if the JSI had information on the subject that they were sitting on, though I suppose that if you take the promotion, you'll have full access."

"It doesn't matter. I don't remember anything about it, and America is my home."

"Well, fine, but having seen the way America celebrates Saint Patrick's Day, you won't exactly be an outlier if you acknowledge the traditions of two cultures."

"Why did they send me away?"

"I'm not completely sure, but if your Krypton is like most other Kryptons I've encountered, it exploded. The people didn't get enough notice to carry out an evacuation, so the only survivors were the children of a doomsday prepper and his brother; your uncle and father respectively. Except in.. your parallel, your cousin appears to have not arrived on Earth."

"So he could be somewhere else."

"Or he might never have been born. Our Kara Zor-El was a teenager when she got into her pod, but from what you've said, it sounds like you were younger."

She nods. "I've been on Earth since I was a baby."

"I can give you a cultural and historical database if you want. No trouble."

"I guess it's worth having in case someone else turns up."

I nod, fabricating an ultra-density data stick and floating it over to her. She takes it with a nod of gratitude.

"So where's your alter ego?"

"I don’t know. No one's mentioned him. There might not be one, he might have died during…" I look around at the wrecked city below us. "This, or he might have taken one look at the place and legged it. Which is a pretty rational thing to do."

"You said you fixed it. Why couldn't he?"

"Without wanting to get too much into emotional spectrum theory, I'm a lot more powerful than a standard Lantern. And I had external help."

"People from the… What did you call them, Justice League?"

"Ah… My Superman, yes. The rest were from Earth Ten, because demon cultists from here had opened portals to there and were making attacks."

"Earth Ten?"

"Nazi Earth." She stares. "I know, they're a… Fixer upper. We're working on it."

"You're fixing Nazis?"

I generate another data stick and float it over to her. "A full analysis of their history, culture and my efforts to aid Overman and Overgirl as they try to reform them."

"I got disturbed by Commander Scott making a deal with the dominators because the JSI has been on a hate campaign against them for as long as I can remember. The idea that he talked to them, handed people over, goes against everything the JSI has been saying. I saw you react when he admitted it… But you're fine with actual Nazis?"

"My Alan Scott is a good friend of mine. Hearing something I don't think he'd ever say said so casually shocked me. And it… Made me re-examine my own thinking, because… I've done a lot worse than Commander Scott and I've been about as bothered by it as he is. But Nazis are just Nazis, you know? Probably the worst idea to ever come out of Europe. And when the few I actually like are the ones who realise that their society is messed up but don't know how to fix it… I'm not a Nazi. I've never been tempted by the idea. There's no personal connection there. It's not that I think Commander Scott is morally worse or anything."

She appears somewhat mollified.

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'll think a little better about my colleagues who are less ruthless than me. Probably make a bit more effort to hold back in fights. No more 'I don't see any point in keeping you alive'. You?"

"If I'm being promoted off the front lines, I'm not going to have the opportunities to change how I fight. I could try being less ruthless, but that's going to create a lot more problems if I try making it policy."

"I don't know what to suggest. Try talking to Lantern Jordan, see if there's any species in the region you could ally with. I've started a program to provide funding to extreme scientists in order to encourage them to stay on the straight and narrow."

She nods. "We've got an internal program, but I could expand it."

"Beyond that… If I knew the answers, I'd have solved the problem."

My ring shimmers as Lantern Holt transmits a new request.

"Back to work, then."

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  18. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

“I am the heart of my snake.
    Orange is my blood and metaphysical is my soul.
    I have crated over a thousand Lanterns,
    Aware of every gain and loss.
    Have withstood pain to gain enlightenment ,
    Yet these rings will never stop yearning.
    So, as I pray-!”

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She really wants to make-up for what she did.

"experiences"

Yeah, they're xenophobic, so they may have thought that she'd have conflicting loyalties if she found out.

Maybe we'll see the spell be broken in this episode.

20. Katillno

Katillno Verified Nobu fan

Huh could be a fun swap if her Kal-El arrives to earth a teenager

21. Impatient_Quill

Impatient_Quill I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sorry, but is there a Grail War Paul wouldn't just rofflestomp at this point?

22. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Well, given she may well be one of the most physically powerful beings on their Earth, I can see why. Although just lugging crates of supplies around might simply be boring her...

It might be years before it's functioning anywhere near modern levels of society again. On the upside, they aren't going to be having too much trouble with overpopulation for a while? :oops:

I mean, she's got a lot of pain to work out. Maybe she feel if she works herself to exhaustion, then maybe she'll feel a little better about what 'she' did.

There are limits, yes. Even for kryptonians.

...Yeah, not a fun time for anyone. No wonder she's driven, with all those ghosts on her mind.

So, Linda here is their Kara Zor-El. I mean, folks have been saying as much, but I wanted to wait until it was confirmed in-story... Still, one more for the Bingo card. :p

Given how they reacted to your arrival in their world... I wonder how many dimensional travellers are stuck in their super-jails?

...I man, it'd be pretty obvious, what with the super-human physique. Especially if her Krypton was more of a genetic engineering paradise of super-beings than most.

Heck, consider their Power Girl, the Ancient Atlantean powerhouse (Barring a round of Infinite Crisis...)

I mean, they probably have the pod she arrived on Earth in. That's got to be somewhere in their labs or vaults...

Then again, it depends on what Krypton she's from... The Silver Age Sci-Fi paradise? The Post-Crisis Cold and Clinical Scientific Society? Or something way more out there...

...Yet. Wonder what his JSI Codename would end up being? Kid Interceptor? :p

If their world IS under the same spell as Trinity's was, and isn't just 'this alternate Earth is real somewhere' in action, then that's entirely possible. Elseworlds and altered realities can get weird that way.

It might not be accurate to your own Krypton, but it could be a start. And if hers is one of the shitty ones, Earth 16's could be better.

Just some light reading, especially for a Kryptonian's speed.

I'd lean towards 'no local counterpart'. Otherwise they might have recognised you, since a Paul with a Power Ring would have found something to make do.

In other words, he invested more character points into 'Orange Light Shaman' instead of other classes, for those juicy end-of-tree buffs... :p

Ah, this might get awkward.

It still sounds bad when you just say 'Nazi Earth', OL.

I mean, with levers like those, anyone could move the world...

Did he say he was 'fine'? Besides, most of the atrocities are done and gone, and those who committed them old or dead...

Because even 'want the ends, want the means' has limits.

Besides helping fix this mess for a while? After all, he and his friends do have to get back to Earth 16.

Yeah, some bright spark would get the idea to take advantage of your' gentler and softer' practices and do something foolish.

I can't imagine it's easy keeping Malign Hypercognitives on task.

A hero's work is never done...

So, a new episode begins. Where will this go? Who knows, since Bond Cold Openings are a thing. But I expect we'll be back on Earth 16 for the meat of the plot. Can't spend all their time universe-hopping. Perhaps we'll get to see some of the results of all OL's good work over the past couple of in-universe years...

23. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Agreed, might be better to say post-Nazi Earth or Axis Earth since most people (even most Germans) are exactly Nazi's anymore and they are slowly growing out of it with help from Overman as well as a few others.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I wonder who Paul would include in a list of "probably friendly aliens in this universe."

Tamaraneans generally aren't in a position to help anyone.

Thanagarians are sometimes cool, and sometimes "Hey let's pull a Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy and blow up the Earth for a space highway."

A good chance that Mars is a dead planet, it often is in DC.

New Genesis maybe?

25. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

*Snort* what you think he knew how to weild PCP right at the first second? Takes time to become that powerful.

26. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Sort of. Actually they tend to have problems working with him when someone brings up the whole “angel stabbing” incident where Heaven tried to kill him.

…did he mention he worships a goddess of Chaos?

Prince Charon, kerleth, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  27. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

So you think she'll be mostly focused on cosmetic issues? :p

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  28. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

There's Rann as a possibility.

Prince Charon and Windona like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Starvation is sort of local overpopulation, and while it's a self-correcting problem that generally doesn't make people feel better about it.
    Interceptorboy, obviously.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Even though they're Nazis in name only, they really like the name.

30. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Not sure what this is supposed to be but it isn't.