1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Batman might. It'd take some time, but he probably would once he gets back to the Batcave and tries to pull a "For Your Eyes Only" bit to identify him.

("PIZZICATO PLAYTIME" INTENSIFIES)

Cuchulin, Chojin Patriarch and Vorian like this.
  2. john doe 777

john doe 777 Know what you're doing yet?

Ok I’ll try and ignore the troll

Otoi7135, Cuchulin and Hydroteran like this.
  3. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Good point. Yeah, that's way better than dealing with these people.

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

I've never really understood the phenomenon of being "flashbanged by words" until I read this and it clicked.

Cuchulin and Windona like this.
  5. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

No, he means ignore as in, click on their username, then click the ignore button.

The Chosen One, Cuchulin and Windona like this.
  6. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Everyone going 'augh why' when Googling 'DC Bruno' made me do it. Honestly amazed it wasn't buried under pictures of guys named Bruno in the Washington DC area. And you weren't joking

7. john doe 777

john doe 777 Know what you're doing yet?

Wait we have an ignore buttone????

8. Threadmarks: Ploughing a Furrow
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

21st Sigmarzeit 2512
    Late Morning

There's a.. slightly strange-sounding knock on my study door. Honestly, getting any sort of knock on my door is a oddity. I try to keep regular office hours but I've got a lot of balls in the air at the moment, and a Bretonnian peasant's natural reaction to their lord is avoid them as much as possible. The only reason they've taken advantage of the option so far is for me to judge people found to have committed criminal offences; so far a few instances of common assault and one of petty theft.

"Come!"

There's a thud, and Vanda shoves the door open, one hand occupied by a more faunishly proportioned beastwoman and the other by…

"Guarin." A seventeen year old local youth who spends most of his time working the family farm. Thanks to the improvements I've made in the diet of the locals he's already taller than his father, and in as much as I was aware of him it was as a dutiful labourer. "And I don't know your name, miss."

The beastwoman shrinks back, turning her head aside to bear her neck. Vanda looks down, sees her doing in and then makes a sort of frustrated growl-grunt noise. Then she roughly shakes her charge.

"Speak!"

"Aud, Manlord."

"They don't appear to have been fighting." Scan. "Ah." I roll up the report on the progress of the road building program I was reading and set it aside. Really, it was only a matter of time until something like this happened. "Vanda, is Aud a new addition to your herd?"

"Newer than a season."

"And this will be her first?"

Vanda gives Aud a small shake, and Aud nods.

"Why don't you take her to the library, and go through one of the simple books with her, while I have a word with Guarin?"

Guarin gets shoved towards my desk, while the slightly-panicked Aud gets half-dragged back through the door. It's not really… Okay, it is as violent as it looks, but by beastman standards Vanda is a complete soft touch and Aud's not scared so much as unsettled.

Guarin on the other hand is scared, because I made a very clear pronouncement when the beastwomen started living here and he knows full well that he ignored it. Probably on several occasions.

"Guarin, I have good news. You won the coin-toss."

"Lord?"

"When thrown in the air and allowed to fall, a coin will show either one side or the other. In your case, you won, because the child you sired on Aud is a girl. When she grows, she will be just as good-natured and humble as her mother. The other side of the coin would be you siring a beastman. Do you remember what I said I would make anyone who sired a beastman do?"

"Yes, Lord. We'd-. You'd make us kill them."

"And do you remember why?"

"Because they're monsters."

I can heard the unspoken question. "Do you want to know how I know?"

"Lord, it-. You said you were stealing them, Lord."

"From the Gods of Chaos, yes."

"So… I mean… The boys…"

"Guarin, I am trying to learn how to do a great many things. The reason why I have not already taken the beastman species from the Gods of Chaos is that I don't know how to. The beastwomen who live here are still their creatures, they're just not particularly physically dangerous. I am learning to remove the taint of Chaos from them but at the moment any beastman they bear will be just as murderous as its kin elsewhere."

"Yes, Lord. But-but my daughter? She-? She will be well?"

"She'll be a beastwoman. At the moment Aud isn't far enough into her pregnancy for me to say for certain what she'll look like. She had horn stubs, but I can't tell how long they'll be. Aud's far enough along that the chance of miscarriage is relatively low."

He nods.

I take a chair out of subspace and deposit it next to him, then move my own closer to it before sitting down.

He doesn't move.

"Sit down."

He hesitates for a moment, then cautiously navigates to the chair and gingerly sits down.

I take two goblets out of subspace along with a wine bottle, pouring a small amount into each before returning the wine into storage. Taking a goblet in each hand, I offer him the one in my left.

"L-lord?"

"Take it. You're going to be a father."

"Thank you, Lord."

He takes the goblet as I reach out for the folder containing his educational records. He takes a cautious sip as I look through it. It isn't really practical to put everyone through what I consider to be 'normal' schooling, but no one objects to spending a winter's day in a room heated at someone else's expense. According to this, he can read passably well and do basic maths, though apparently he doesn't have the hunger for learning that some of the younger children have acquired.

I take a sip.

"How did you meet?"

"Ah, Lord?"

"You and Aud. Since we have no idea who her parents are, Vanda and I will have to stand in for them at the wedding, and I think I should know-" His eyes widen a little. "-a little more about things."

He nods slowly. "We… We met in the woods, Lord. I was cutting wood for fencing, and she was…" He blushes. "Getting firewood."

"'Getting firewood'. Is that what young people call it?"

"W-? No, Lord, no. It… She said she has… Most of the year, a ewe won't look twice at a ram, and then spring comes around and they find one and brace themselves. She was… Bracing… Herself."

Ah. That's going to be a problem. Beastwomen can reproduce with both humans and any suitable-sized mammal. I'll need to have people keep an eye on the farm pens so that they don't get any ideas.

"And… I…"

"Showed a remarkable lapse in judgement, which is going to be its own punishment."

"She was begging, Lord!" He cringes at his own outburst. "Ah, sorry Lord."

"And later?"

"Lord?"

"Beastwomen are fairly fertile, but I'm well aware that once a person's done something once then they're a lot more inclined to do it again. Did you do her again, Guarin?"

"… Yes… Lord. She's… So.. nice. Gentle-."

I raise my right hand to stop him.

"Guarin, let me be clear. Beastwomen are designed by the Gods of Chaos to be the broodmares for their foot soldiers. Aud knew perfectly well that she wasn't supposed to have sex with anyone who could get her pregnant. And you knew that you weren't supposed to have sex with the beastwomen."

He nods. "I did, Lord. It-. She was just-. Overwhelming. Ah. Is there some-? I don't mind just having daughters, but-. But I don't…"

"Don't want to have to kill your sons?" I nod. "Yes, that's the whole reason I banned it in the first place. But since I have a pair of volunteers, I'll try talking to the Amber College again and see if we can't work out a way to avoid that problem."

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'sounding'

"move my own"

"an ewe"

"to have"

10. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Someone is getting a lap full of consequences.

11. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

12. Gazing Eye

Gazing Eye Compound, Lidless, Always Watching.

The call of the Furry is a difficult one to resist.

:p

13. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

I love Warhammer Paul. I know it's not going to be a full series because it would be a complete curbstomp but it's fun to look at what his actions are causing. If he manages to actually take some beastmen from chaos that's going to cause all sorts of headaches because beastmen or beastkin (they will need a new name from their chaos siblings) will be a great boon for the good guys. Strong as hell, durable and able to live anywhere. Will his people eventually grow to have beast like features naturally? Also what does the rest of Bretonnia think of this. I know he's in the worst territory of the country but he has fixed it to my knowledge and greedy assholes are going to be greedy assholes.

14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

I guessing that getting the ewes to learn about non-Chaos gods like Rhya would be too complicated, for some reason.

Or, if they're very similar to Skaven, purging the subacute Warpstone from their bodies.

Ardy and TodaBruh like this.
  15. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Simple solution. Just ensure his testies no longer produce Y-chromosome swimmers.

Well, a solution for this happy couple, anyway. For the general population, some sort of spell/curse to ensure they can only bare daughters is probably the best bet, without needing you to constantly check and micromanage the issue.

That, or just cut out the problem all together and spay them, until you've finished the research into deChaos-ing them. Frankly, that is probably the best solution if you don't want to outright kill them. Just turn off their ability to breed, until they're no longer inherently tainted and designed to produce Chaos footsoldiers.

16. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

Well, if Brettonnia is Fantasy Britain, clearly his people are the Fantasy Welsh, so what the Britons usually think of them.

"Oh, it's those weird guys that talk funny and fuck sheep". :V

17. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

I'm kind of bewildered that neither Tzeentch or Slaanesh have attempted to recruit Pavlos. Sending a disfavored priest to recruit him as a longshot attempt seems right up their alley.

Kojivsleo, lywrin, Vorian and 8 others like this.
  18. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

Pretty sure Brettonia is more fantasy France actually. Albion is Britain, except nobody Romanised it in this setting.

Everything we know about Arthur et al. comes from French fanfiction, and French fanfiction of that fanfiction. There's, like, one super short British story about Arthur, and you'd never know if not for the character names.

So I guess Brettonia is what post-Charlemagne France wished it was. Hilariously.

19. TheLunarwolf

TheLunarwolf Making the rounds.

France and Bretagne

20. Istaran

Istaran Know what you're doing yet?

It's worth a try, but I wouldn't just assume it will work, because Chaos.

WereDragon and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

the issue is the other side that poop out the egg

Chaos run on it own logic law, the odd of a boy still popping out is quite high

mastermenthe and WereDragon like this.
  22. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Such is the nature of feudalism. In most cases, any problems get settled at the local level, long before the Lord needs to deal with it. Especially since that sometimes meant dealing with it by removing some heads... Bothering you with something like, say, an issue with a field would be unthinkable...
    (Edited: Okay, so a Knight of the Realm is a pretty immediate authority. I still bet their go-to punishments are pretty harsh...)

Vanda, of the female beastfolk. Part of his experiments to give the Chaos Gods a middle finger the size of Middenheim. I see things haven't been going entirely smoothly.

Yes, I think we can guess the problem here. The kind of problem usually settled by either a quick wedding or a shotgun and a shovel. Depending on the young man involved, anyway, and the father of the young lady. ...Probably why they're here.

Yeah, that's the sound of someone who knows they're neck deep in the septic pit. Ad given the way she's acting, she's expecting to be an ex-beastwoman very soon.

There's always one who doesn't think the rules apply to them, isn't there? :rolleyes:

Lucky girl. Hopefully she'll learn a very important lesson about this stuff.

Heh. Someone's going to be getting a lesson about the birds and the bees, I see. Kind of closing the stable after the horse has bolted, but...

Ah, the old times, when you wouldn't know what you were getting until they arrived.

And given his reaction, it's not a pleasant thought.

True enough. There's a reason every nation of Humans kills or casts them out when they're born.

By the power of Avarice!

Let's put it this way: If you sired a son, he'd be more likely to try and rip your throat out than hug you.

...Says a lot that he's asking that question. Looks like he takes his expected role as a man and a father seriously.

And with him around, the likelihood of miscarriage is even lower.

Ah, the fatherly talk. Probably one the boy's own father should be giving, if not for superstitions and beliefs about the beastfolk...

Yeah, he's not going to kill you. For one thing, imagine the mess. Oh, sure, he could clean it up easily enough. But why have to?

Instead of dying, kid, or becoming unmanned, you get to taste the good stuff. Be glad.

Plus it'll settle his nerves a little. Just enough to calm him, without making him fall-down drunk, so he doesn't forget what he's about to be told.

To be expected, I guess. This whole 'book learning' thing is probably a bit too unfamiliar to someone his age to be enjoyable.

That's a good question. I mean, I expect the townsfolk and the herds have at least seen each other. That would be largely unavoidable. If nothing else, the biggest of the She-Gors could have done work as plow-haulers. But I doubt the townsfolk would invite them to dinner...

And it's this or the shovel speech, lad. So, get to talking.

Well, she certainly got wood of some kind. :p

...I know, natural functions. But... :confused: Ew.

This is what you get for letting your little head do the thinking, Gary.

...Because of course he went back to the well.

:D I hope you did her well, at least.

I know, he's certainly not the first man to lay with a beastfolk... But could we be meeting the Old World's first Furry? :V

<Sigh> Young Love, I guess. Or Lust, in this case. I'm betting that Slaanesh is sitting somewhere fapping to this.

Ah. There's a good punishment for them. Letting Wizards do Science! sorcery most unusual upon them.

I bet this is what Paol never though he'd be dealing with when he started out on his little quest. Amazing where life leads you, especially when you're trying to foil the largely-inevitable. Let's hope that the Wizards can work something out from the research, though. And meanwhile, I expect we'll be seeing what Doctor Balewa has found out about OL's little conundrum, tomorrow.

Might read better as 'and a Bretronnian'?
    ...any beastman they bear will be just as murderous as its kin elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The Chaos Gods would curbstomp Paul if they took even a minor interest in his existence.

Thus MrZoat never actually writes the Chaos Gods so much as acknowledging Paul's existence. Even when they absolutely should.

24. Mr Zoat

They worship Taal.
    Killing all y-swimmers would be simply enough. Stopping his testicles producing more is a good deal harder if the SI doesn't want to sterilise him.
    That's not a sort of spell you want to cast in Warhammer. It's not going to be reliable, it will get all sorts of undesireable attention and it will make your allies distrust you.
    But he needs them to be able to breed so that he can experiment on fixing their sons.
    The location is very isolated. While they could send someone in his direction, not only is it going to take them ages to get there, that person is going to stick out like a store mutated thumb.
    No. In Bretonnia, individual villages are ruled by a Knight of the Realm. They are actually a fairly immediate authority.
    Thank you, corrected.

25. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

Isn't that just recreating QQ's Monstergirls/Warhammer Fusion AU from first principles?

26. Mr Zoat

Do you have a link to that? I need to... Do research.

27. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

You’re a good egg, Paul. I’ve been reading a D&D 3.5e rework (PM me for a link). A few sections deconstruct peasant life from the glamorous way most media portrays it. It was a rather eye-opening look at truly depressed economies, life based on 1000 calories, and the facts like completing awful chores (cleaning pig sties) is far more acceptable trade for lodging than metal coins. There’s a reason farmers paid taxes with their harvest rather than with coin. And lords “knew better than” to invest in quality of life for peasants since they could not be taxed for gold.

I thought I understood how transformative the roads WHF!Paul was building would be. No, no… peasant life did not resemble the medieval era shows and books I’ve read. Your characters are genuine heroes, Mr Zoat, and not just for their insightful ethics.

kerleth, Cuchulin, Doccer and 14 others like this.
  28. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Paul is just jealous he didn't get in first.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

Medieval healthcare. Medieval make up. Medieval hygene. Medieval diet.

Though the diet has its up sides as well. Almost no refined sugar means that dental health is actually pretty good. And heart disease is also very rare.

30. Ancalador

Ancalador Know what you're doing yet?

I would also like to do some research on this subject.

Not that I do much in the way of writing.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.