1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

I mean it would appear scummy but it isn't the worst belief she's shown support for in this very update.

2. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

Nah, probably just because he was so blazè about the whole mixed race romance thing.

3. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

It would be fascinating if overgirl were to meet her earth 16 counterpart. Looking forward to tomorrow’s chapter :)

also how different is earth 16 to earth prime or post crisis because as far as I understand in this fanfic earth 16 is just a post crisis earth set later and weaker power levels

Cuchulin and Relyt33 like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Her Earth 16 counterpart probably wasn't born.

Think about it. They're in the year 2012 and she gave her age as 39. This means that she was born 1973 or thereabouts. Nazis were all about traditional family models (officially, anyway) so her parents were probably in their twenties when they had her. They would have been born in the fifties. On Earth 16 WW2 was over by then. On Earth 10 the War in Europe was more or less over and they were building up for the next big push. That's a very different situation.
    Basically, yes. 'Now' is later, though historical superheroes happened earlier.

5. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Did Paragon have the conversation with Hinon about the Crisis that he said he was going to? It's especially significant given that they've encountered things related to the Anti-Monitor now.

6. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

you might have answered this before but what made you choose to give the mc an orange lantern and why earth 16? Why not post crisis/new 52 etc?

7. Mr Zoat

Because I'd just been watching Young Justice, and it seemed like it would be more fun than converting an all-boar ork army.
    Lower power levels. Not only is that easier to write, but it makes more sense that the characters haven't done more with them.
    I'm going to pretend you didn't ask that.
    Sort of, but they were both fairly evasive due to him not wanting to talk about the comic thing.

Ngamer11, WhiteNoise, Vorian and 9 others like this.
  8. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

John Constantine and Jade both know already, so I think he should get over it a little, especially since it could be useful to help prepare for a new Crisis or whatever. I can understand him not telling just everyone, but the Controller he has a productive relationship with, who has knowledge he wants, should be an exception.
    I tolerate the age thing, since I can still see his reasoning behind that, even though, again, some people know, including the person who'd have taken it the hardest (Zatanna), so I don't see much point in that charade either, anymore (I'm not a big Batfan or anything, but has Batman not figured it out yet?). He's not bound by sacred oath or the authority of the League, and while it may come as somewhat of a shock to the Team to reveal his true age, he's kept bigger secrets and that turned out more or less fine in terms of social relations.

9. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wouldn't that be silver age power levels? Because Golden Age Superman was basically Pre-Helios boosted Kon.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Whichever is bigger. Red Son Superman could flew at just below light speed because he found it helped him think.

11. Maxx Crowley

Yeah, that's silver age.

Like when he chained about a dozen or so planets together and towed them through space.

12. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Her family is going to be mixed-race, isn’t it?

she’s going to flip her shit.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Is the renegade going to sing a villain song in Equestria, or at least those episodes where he travels there?

Will the paragon ever sing a hero song or a villain song, and if so then what year will it occur?

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  14. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

I'm not going to disagree with this statement, but I'm going to have to find it saddening that taking a consistent ethical stance without allowing for emotion-driven exceptions is the edgelord position.

than to

I'm not entirely sure what in the narrative gives you information about her menstrual cycle.

15. Mr Zoat

Maybe. I haven't worked out how to fit it in the episode. Sunset definitely will.
    Pass.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Already made that joke.

16. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

The SI already told Hinon about the comic book thing. Mr Zoat either meant that he was evasive about it before he told her, the SI just doesn't like talking about the comic book thing in general, or Mr Zoat forgot about something.

17. Maxx Crowley

I must have missed that. I mean, killing Nazis is an old American tradition.

"If you see a Nazi, shank that mo'fo."-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"If you see a Nazi, shank that mo'fo."-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

A truer poet there never was.

WhiteNoise, Caerwen, Gilhelmi and 4 others like this.
  19. Mr Zoat

Nah, it's the last one.
    There's a difference between someone who runs a concentration camp and someone who just happens to be part of a swastika-wearing gang. Max Anderson didn't actually believe in any of the Nazi ideology, and most of what his thugs did was the same as what the city's other gangs did.

20. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, that's Silver Age. Golden Age is "able to leap small buildings in a single bound" level.

Iron Munroe was created specifically as a post-Crisis replacement for Superman in Golden Age stories, so Golden Age Supes would be on the same power level as anyone with the Danner Formula.

(Realizing this might need a bit more explanation for those unfamiliar with how things worked after Crisis on Infinite Earths. The official continuity at that point was that all of the Golden Age stories had still happened in the new version of history... somehow, even though GA Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman weren't there. The easy answer was to just say that whatever the Golden Age version of those characters had done was actually done by someone else. Iron Munroe was created to be the Superman replacement. Miss America was used for Wonder Woman, and then Fury, and then finally Wonder Woman's mother. Can't remember if they ever had a specific Batman replacement.)

21. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Golden Age was also when a mortar from WW2 would have been enough to make Superman bleed.

===

And because it came up again . . . Why are people hoping that Overgirl meets the Hitler clone? It wouldn't mean anything. The clone had entirely different life experiences and grew up in a world that hates the Nazis. Well, most of the world. There are parts of the world that don't really give a shit about Nazis because they had a different bogeyman. (Like basically any Asian nation that got fucked over by Imperial Japan.)

Meeting the clone is effectively just meeting a random stranger who happens to look like the Führer.

22. Mr Zoat

23. Umbrella_merc

Umbrella_merc Know what you're doing yet?

I don't recall where it was but I remember a word of Zoat was that when OL was hinting at the truth like what happened with this John misunderstood and thought Paul was saying that OL was from a comic book, and not the other way around.

Ngamer11, Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Might be that that had been the case in the beginning, but Paul and John sat down and Paul told him everything.

DrThoth likes this.
  25. Mr Zoat

He did? I don't remember that.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

No, hang on. Sounds slightly familiar.

26. RichardWhereat

This story needs a table of contents that has a table of contents, with an index, and a fully fleshed out wiki. It was after the time of the dog and the shadow beast, when John got fed up.

I know there is a wiki somewhere, but could you link to it in your signature? It'd make lazy people more able to just go there and add shit.

27. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Flying Fox of the Young Allies was the Batman replacement, so he and Iron Monroe were teammates.

I happen to think that WW2 had a Amerindian shaman Batman a vastly underused tidbit.

Cuchulin, Prince Charon and DrThoth like this.
  28. RichardWhereat

Why do people call Native Americans, American Indians still?

Cuchulin and DrThoth like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

Because humans are native to a small area of Africa and immigrants everywhere else?

30. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Also because Columbus was a hell of a drug.