1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Nugar

Nugar Not too sore, are you?

Don't fault a gentleman for having great taste.

We're all a little furry.

2. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

What men does she even have under her command? I don't remember her having her own soldiers.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe she had some men working for her as soldiers, but they were absorbed into the Storm Kings forces when she started working for him.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  4. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

She’s part Abyssinian cat, obviously.
    [​IMG]
    it’s still preety, but you can easily see the bones. That, or she’s part Sphinx.
    [​IMG]

5. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I might wonder whether (Starswirl's?) Portal might be used for Grayven to do healing of equines... Stuff somepony injured through it, and they should become human with translated injuries. He can heal humans... Then, shuffle them back, and, viola, healed pony!

If secrecy was an issue I suppose you could go for patients being blindfolded, or unconscious, but most medics try and avoid making patients unconscious without a good reason...

I do wonder if it is only ponies that get turned to (clothed) humans, or if it works in a similar way for other (intelligent) non-humanoids... Aquatic ponies would become mer-people? Guess it depends on whether the magic is being 'clever', or is just going to a roughly equivalent being...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Bramble Thorn and AngelicKnight. like this.
  6. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Considering the timeline? The Storm King is screwed, Grayven just poached who was gonna be his main muscle. And Equestria is getting a way better army.

Now, in some of my story ideas, fixing a unicorn horn was really complicated, even for some pony who could grow new legs and wings with literal wish granting magic.

In the end she bypassed it by first shape-changing the unicorn into a different species whose, not so magical, grows grew back, fixing the equivalent damage and then changing the subject back.

Of course it helps she, being basically the G1 comics Twilight, can grant wishes.

If you think that's cheating G1 also had a unicorn called Mimic, she could copy ANY magic after seeing it one or two times. And she didn't even get the theory, she was the equivalent of someone learning to easily play a musical instrument without even learning to read music notation.

Oh and G1 also had wish granting coins but those were one use each only.

Cuchulin, RichardWhereat and Darko like this.
  7. Azure Mirage

Azure Mirage Making the rounds.

Catrina, Catrina. Heh, the possibilities... Oh well, if you use her you use her, if you don't the reminder you have given me has led to... other prospects to be explored.
    The last year has seen my skills at Koikatsu! improve greatly. (it is an eroge game with a character editor that is amazing thanks to fan mods. With said mods you can make 3D replicas of 2D girls and boys.) Looking at Catrina's muzzle I realize I already have a skin texture (the modding community for the game is amazing like I mentioned) that I can use for her face with a little tweaking as well as a nose. Both drawn by me previously since I have done -giggle snort- plenty of cat girls in Koi.

This is relevant because I have also done the Mane 6 in Koi and never considered doing -giggle snort- Catrina until now. And now I must. Thank you Zoat, your off the cuff comment and love of the finer things has led to this.

True Ninja and Cuchulin like this.
  8. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Par for the course. Interesting to see how Grayven’s ‘benevolent tempter’ style differs from the SI’s methods.

...so WTF happened with Lightning Dust? She certainly isn’t a trained or experienced combatant worth hiring as a trainer. She was a courier (and not the Fallout type) then she tried to be a stunt flyer before apparently getting thrown in jail.

9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The Renegade who remark that the whole point of modernising the army is so that he doesn't have to fight every named enemy himself.
    Catrina is a highly skilled alchemist... Perhaps a little fond of her own work, but witchweed has a number of military and civilian applications.
    [​IMG]
    She's got no fine object control, but she can do wild blasts of power just fine. Since we never find out what her special talent is it's possible that she's actually more useful in combat this way rather than, say, being limited to drink-mixing spells.

Maybe she shaves? Long fur can't be a good thing to have in a laboratory.
    Canonically, Spike got turning into a dog, so...

My Faust. What have I done?
    She can wreck more stuff with weather BY ACCIDENT than the Royal Guard can on purpose.

I read a fanfic many years ago where that was how Equestria waged war. They'd have pesagus weather engineers make in rain constantly for months or years on end over a place they wanted to annex. The ground would turn to sluge, crops and animals would drown and their enemy's will would break.

10. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

There is a nice bit in a MLP/Bolo fanfic I was reading. If Grayven has a similar idea then it could make his MLP-ing more... flexible.

Do a deal with one of the DC (YJ) AI (honest, not mad) scientist/engineers, and create a line of AI pets, that look like cute little ponies... Have a few 'experimental' models with allegedly near-human intellect. See what happens when you take one of the best (one-off alicorn?) models through the portal to meet all the other ponies. :)

If you are feeling really evil get (steal?) a mind print of John Constantine and stuff it in a unicorn-variety AI pet, then chuck through the portal. :)

Alternatively, find that a 5th-dimensional imp has done all the above - maybe while looking like you. :)

11. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Seems more a matter of raw power than skill, knowledge or anything that can be taught.

Thinking about it I can’t actually recall any time when the Royal Guard would or should have used indiscriminate destruction. The threats that turn up are usually single individuals of immense power. Or armies that have diabolus ex machina’ed their way inside Canterlot.
    Throwing localised hurricanes around inside your own city isn’t generally wise.

Ngamer11, Jormuungaand and Lupercal like this.
  12. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Welp, that's my having had virtually no exposure to the franchise coming back to bite me in the ass!

I do think the biggest problem with Celestia's Guard uniform is the lack of protection for the throa and chest compared to the amount of protection for the back of the neck. The other armors shown certainly look like reasonable combat armors, though Sombra really should have had some protection for his face, if only from missile fire.

Lupercal likes this.
  13. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Link says it's Tempest Shadow?

and

Missing full stop.

He looks significantly less evil since his romp with Luna.

14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Phrasing.

15. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

How else should I call it when the two of them blatantly slept together? A nighttime encounter? Should I perhaps have called it an affair?

16. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

Is there a demonym you could use here, or is e.g. "Equestrian" too similar to "equestrian" and similar problems for alternatives? Maybe just "Equestria's society"?

17. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

18. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Um....they haven't? Unless I somehow missed a post. I mean, sure, at this point Luna is literally the pony of his dreams, but that's a long way from them sleeping together.

Are you getting Luna and Party Popper confused? Party Popper woke up snuggled up to him, but I don't think anything untoward actually happened between them.

19. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Grayven, at least, was obviously asleep at the time. Luna was dreaming and couldn't stop. They were working together. It seems to fit.

Who's suggesting that anything untoward happened with anyone? Tantaquation problems notwithstanding, that is.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Actually, Luna wasn't dreaming. She opens a portal to other ponies dreams and then physically enters them.

21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Buzzkill...

What is dreaming if not the process of experiencing dreams?

RichardWhereat and DAT_NOOB like this.
  22. Threadmarks: Warlantern Fantasy Battle
    Mr Zoat

32nd Nachgeheim 2512
    Mid morning

"Master? Why is everyone so quiet?"

Meister Glook spares the blind youth carrying his standard a kindly smile. "They're overjoyed that we've reached our destination, boy. The stonework here has to be seen to be believed; it's struck them quite dumb."

On the howdah behind me Aranei Soulflenser rolls her eyes, futilely fanning her face with her fan. "It's… Large."

I always thought that Dark Elf names were trying too hard, but apparently they sound better in druhir.

"Nothing compared to the slave-wrought wonders of Naggaroth, I'm sure."

"Slave-dwarf-wrought, slave-human-cleaned. This sand gets... Everywhere!"

"Hah!" Meister Glook holds his right arm high for his men to see, then drops it forward as he spurs his mount. His Desert Dogs take up his challenge, geeing their mounts to accelerate into the necropolis ahead.

Aranei sighs as they race away, then turns to make doe eyes at me. "My lord, might I prevail upon you to free me from this most distasteful sand? I would be…" She licks her lips. "Ever so grateful."

I take a look at the open gate ahead of us and command my mount forward. The Construct Lantern mammoth is nothing like as fast as the Desert Dogs' horses, but Meister Glook advised that if I wanted to be seen as important a stately procession was more appropriate than pure haste.

"There is little point until we are inside, but once we are I will make sure that you are presentable before our audience."

Aranei's attitude is hardly surprising. Since I rewrote the.. less than social desire-sets of my Dark Elf prisoners, they've been.. extremely eager to please me. Or maybe this is just a part of their culture? I've felt somewhat self-conscious about asking the few High Elves I've met so far about that sort of thing, particularly given what else I've asked of them.

"How jealous I am that the favour of a dead woman can compel you to cross continents."

"You know perfectly well why we're here."

"My own people have no love for the chaos gods. If you treated with them as you treated with Lord Barblash's reavers, your greatness would only be magnified by your possession of a people truly worthy of you." She looks up at the walls surrounding us, sighting the ranks of armoured skeletons staring blankly across the desert. "Unlike these... Mindless... Things."

"It will be some time before I am ready to treat with the Witch King." About the same time Thurgun finishes my gromril armour with that nifty anti-magic master rune we found in Karak Azgal. Or maybe later. "And I do truly appreciate your people's service to me. Yours especially." Her face lights up with delight. It's true that in combat I mostly use her as a scroll-caddie, but magic is one of the few things around here I can't just blast through and that makes her essential to my ongoing wellbeing.

Hm. The city of Lybaras is.. dead. Its people are -for the most part- animated skeletons with little to no will of their own. Not that any of this was supposed to happen; the Tomb Kings and Queens were self-interested but there's very little point ruling anything if there's no one around capable of revering you for it. Now, I watch a naked skeleton mime the actions of putting damp cloth on a washing line when in reality both cloth and line have long since gone to dust. Another sits at an empty market stall in an empty market, selling nothing to nobody. My limited understanding of the magics employed tell me that a Liche Priest or Tomb Prince could.. order them to 'wake up' from acting out scenes from their lives, to actually think about what they're doing. But in these troubled times they spend their time either with other intelligent undead or with their military forces.

Aranei carefully stands and walks across the howdah to sit at my side, following my gaze to look down at the later peasantry of Nehekhara. I wonder what she makes-?

"But how do they whip them if they can't feel the pain? The whole situation is completely futile."

Ah.

I can see the Grand Temple of Asaph up ahead, and.. since the gates were open I'm going to assume that someone intelligent is keeping tabs on our progress up the city's main thoroughfare. Hm. Looking up, I see a small flight of those undead vultures the Nehekharans like so much. A Liche Priest looking through their eyes, perhaps? Regardless, if I'm to establish myself as a powerful figure a full procession is probably in order and the half dozen construct mammoths forming my baggage train are hardly sufficient.

And this is one of the few places in the world I can do it without having anyone try to burn me as a necromancer.

Aranei's eyes glow in wonder as I raise my left hand and release my Construct Lanterns to form ranks before and behind me. Beastmen gathered during my purge of the Drakwald Forest appear first, followed by goblins and skaven from my campaign in the World's Edge Mountains. I compel them to march in perfect lockstep, entirely contrary to their nature. Closest to the mammoth I call a handful of daemons who didn't have the sense to flee from the material realm once their bodies started turning orange. Tidied up plaguebearers for the most part, with a small unit of steed-mounted daemonettes… Yes, that should be sufficient.

Aranei takes me lowering my left hand as a sign that she can press up against my right side. "It's a such a shame that you don't let them out more often, my lord."

"I do want people to see me as powerful. I don't want them terrified. Terrified people make stupid decisions."

She looks mildly exasperated. "Not even a little terror?"

"That's not how I'm choosing to work with my current group of allies."

She… I'm reasonably confident that she can disagree with me, but a combination of her ring-compelled loyalty and her upbringing makes her unwilling to flat out tell me to my face that she knows better. But these people have been long-familiar with tyrants and monsters. If I'm going to see my goals recognised, I need to be more than that.

Far ahead, a few of the Desert Dogs look back at the source of the stamping behind them and I see the fear on their faces as they dig their spurs in. Meister Glook sits up slightly as they ride past him and then looks back himself.

I can just about see him laughing. Public school in Marienburg must be crazy.

I sit back a little as the Temple slowly draws nearer.

On an upper balcony I see skeleton warriors march out from the temple's interior, carrying banners and musical instruments. Below, Meister Glook comes to a halt before the entrance and is directing his men around to the side of the temple, out of the path of my constructs' advance. An instruction which seems to relieve them greatly.

Boom. Boom-boom boom. Boom. Boom-boom boom.

The skeletons begin beating their drums in perfect unison as my vanguard moves into the plaza before the Temple and spreads out to the left and right. But it isn't until my mammoth steps into the plaza that the woman I am here to see steps out from the shadows.

I have the ring magnify my vision so that I can precisely judge her physical state. That's usually a rough guide to the mental state of a Tomb King; the more decayed they are the more out of it they're likely to be. In her case… Her wrappings appear to be in good repair, and her gold and blue ornaments appear to be intact. She's wearing a fan-shaped headdress, an ornate belt with a scarab belt buckle and a.. semi armoured ruff/shoulder armour thing. Her face is.. covered in a mask, but the mask appears to have been damaged on the left side. I can see her bare skull beneath it. Hm. A little worrying that she hasn't simply had it repaired… Her outfit is completed by a blue cloak which is attached to her shoulder armour and arms and a.. sort of open-at-the-front mini-skirt of the same material. She's also carrying her asp-tipped staff of office, which she hands to an attendant as she takes her seat at the front of the balcony.

In her wake, the lesser Tomb Princes, Princesses and Liche Priests file in. The Priest hovering on her left side must be the local Hierophant, as the other Priests stay well back. My mammoths are nearing the front of the plaza now, and I make a point of maintaining direct eye… Eye-to-enchanted eye socket contact with her. Though she no longer has the capacity for facial expression, her completely still pose gives me no way to even try and guess what she's thinking about this whole thing.

My mammoth stops at the front of the plaza, and I wait.

After a moment or two a Tomb Prince wearing more robes than armour steps up beside his sovereign.

"Bow, pilgrims, bow before the Wisdom of Asaph made flesh, the Voice of the Vengeful, the Lioness of the Hills, She Whose Legions Blot Out the Sun With Their Arrows, High Queen Khalida, Guardian of Damned Lahmia, the Watchful Soul and the Serpent Queen. Kneel, so that you might bask in her radiance!"

I stand, bringing Aranei up with me by taking hold of her left hand with my right. Next, I hold up my own left hand and command every one of my construct Lanterns -save for the mammoths- to kneel. Once they're all down, I bow from the waist and persuade Aranei to do the same with a slight tug on her hand.

"Your majesty. Thank you for receiving me."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  23. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Everything alright Zoat? You gave me quite the surprise when this appeared so early.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  24. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Hmm.
    Does the 40k SI have access to the Ophidian? How would the Ophidian interact with Slaanesh?

Also, what’s the best way to get into Warhammer fantasy? I’ve read a few fanfics set in the universe and I want get into it.

25. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

The early chapter caught them by surprise, obviously.

Seems like that when should be a what.

26. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

He's also approximately dog sized relative to ponies (and basically a pet anyway) and we see human versions of the diamond dogs in one of the shorts.
    I liked the idea that, since pegasi can live on clouds, they just build mobile fortresses out of hurricanes. Heavy rain and wind, plus lightning around the eye if it's strong enough. And that's just normal, non-magical hurricanes. Admittedly it'd probably be pretty difficult to staff such a fortress given how huge they are but back in ye olden tymes when Pegasi were largely a warrior culture I wouldn't put it past them to have their entire population living on such a storm.
    This requires an invite.

27. dxdragon

dxdragon Experienced.

o_O So early. And Warhammer Fantasy, with a fully charged Lantern?

What black sorcery from the depths of the Warp is this?

28. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Gotrek anf Felix books, hands down.

29. wadledo

wadledo Not too sore, are you?

I got into it through the Gotrek and Felix Novels, which are reasonably well written for Black Library stuff.

30. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Missing a space.

Not familiar with the source material, so I assume this is correct spelling for the setting?

Link requires login.