1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I would assume that Manga Khan was simply the closest Orange Lantern with a fleet.

If one wants to be cynical, one can suspect that Paul vastly overestimates how much Dox cares about Paul's shit, and Dox made sure to send Manga Khan to technically give aid as requested, while not actually pulling resources from projects he actually does give a shit about.

Or Manga Khan was the closest and Dox not actually having to divert resources from other projects was just a nice side bonus.

2. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Speaking of which, Paul said he wouldn't give her superpowers until she had been out of prison for a year. Is that going to happen, or are they not going to bother because she's a Darkstar now?

Ardy and Xmaster3000 like this.
  3. Greydragon

Greydragon Making the rounds.

My suspicion is that Dox is sending him to Earth to throw him in front of OL and have him make Manga Khan more useful, since he couldn't do it himself. Basically he's being sent out to provoke Paul into straightening him out into a somewhat productive Lantern as he has done to other Orange Lanterns.

Possibly because it is hilarious to make him someone else's problem too. (That may just be a bonus).

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You may be right.

Protecting Venturia so they can teach that eyeball planet magic may be worth something, but magic is fairly rare in the universe so the Reach may not use any.

Though in pretty sure they did have some knowledge of it in the comics, but used words like quantum

5. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Yes, I get that, but it still irks me.

Prince Charon and Darko like this.
  6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

She's not keen on the idea.
    Let's say that when Kaznia modernised in the early 20th century they just ported a lot of British law over.

7. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Seems that way, yeah.

Well, at least Zoat is keeping the in-setting governments in-character?

8. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I have an idea. Dox did not send anyone. Rather, he is taking a page from Teach’s book (Dao of Magic) or the standard adventuring guild plan: he threw a Quest up on an Orange Lantern job board with an attractive reward. He probably restricted the resulting wave of lanterns to those that got his approval with a plan. And Manga Khan certainly has a plan.

9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I see Paul's bad Karma has finally started catching up to him.

10. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

It tilts back to stupidity on earth's part when you factor in mars, the lanterns, and however many spacefaring factions thought things would go better for them than it did for the appelexians.

Ardy, Cuchulin, Lupercal and 2 others like this.
  11. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Renegade is technically King Of Earth.

And a pony.

And Zoat calls that the "neutral ending".

Does Oh El get the lame ending then?

12. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

What bad karma? Pauls karma, if such exists in earth 16, is firmly in the positive. He committed genocide. That's gotta be worth lots of points.

Cockus Blockamus, Ardy and Darko like this.
  13. inck

inck Getting out there.

what superpowers is paul going to give jade? and when? it's been a year, hasn't it?

i vote garrick formula

he's already given alot of people the danner formula, and superspeed will probably be a better fit for covert darkstar operations than superstrength.

also, can someone get both formulas? or is it only possible to get one of them? cuz giving her both would probably be better.

Cuchulin, dogbertcarroll and Darko like this.
  14. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The bad Karma from helping to break the Multiverse.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  15. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Considering that seems like an attempt to get him monologuing, I'm not sure how karma plays into it....
    [Citation needed]

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Bet Truggs and Manga would get along great because of their mutual love for monologing, or they may try to kill each other because they don't let the other finish their monologue.

Hey maybe Truggs studied in the Manga Khan institute for Melodrama, that would explain why he is such an annoying little bitch.

Ngamer11, Pinklestia, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  17. Vorian

Vorian Versed in the lewd.

Ardy, Lupercal and Darko like this.
  18. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Paul hates monologuing
    [Citation]
    The previous episode where it's implied that china paul asked krona for help with restoring his timeline and ending up causing the crisis of infinite pauls

Vaermina and Darko like this.
  19. jaelin910

I'd appreciate a citation there, too, since I don't recall any specific quotes to that effect but much more relevant would be your reason for believing that he hates it so much that, despite it seeming like an easy way to accomplish his task and his wording appearing to have been chosen to prompt it, you believe it could be considered karmic punishment.
    Reiterating an assertion is not the same thing as providing a citation. I'm aware that Vae (And, now, you) believes Time Trapper broke the multiverse; what I want is a good reason to agree.

20. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

I came into this arc wanting nothing more than big serious political stuff. I mean, that stuff is my bread and butter, I love it.

Instead I get this incredible hilarious buffoon. It's glorious and I have no regrets about the direction this is going at all.

That being said, more Atlantis political stuff later would be cool too.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You may still get serious stuff in this episoode.

Just because Manga acts like an idiot doesn't mean things can't get serious.

22. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Unfortunately don't have the time to go back through the whole story and link every time paul has shot someone mid monologue.
    I don't think time trapper broke the multiverse I think Krona broke the multiverse as seen when Overgirl was thrown into Earth 16 (or do you need a citation that shes a character in the story as well).
    But since you asked Here is where he admitted to working with Krona and Here is where the multiverse was broken or at least bent into sustaining a timeline that didn't exist.

EDIT:
    And in case you need it Here is the citation that the timeline didn't exist for a period of time

EDIT EDIT:
    And a citation that Overgirl did not originate on earth-16 and things were not normal when she did

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Ardy, Cuchulin, Darko and 1 other person like this.
  23. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Yes! Finally we know the real reason.

Darko and DAT_NOOB like this.
  24. moralrelativity

Yeah, somewhere about here. https://goo.gl/maps/FxtziBtAUvs9W8wE8

RichardWhereat and DAT_NOOB like this.
  25. moralrelativity

She's been pretty clear with Paul that she doesn't want super powers. At least not yet.

26. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

should be ' though '

Chojin Patriarch, Mr Zoat and Darko like this.
  27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Hah! I was actually thinking of the Gibson Desert North marker only a little west of there.

moralrelativity likes this.
  28. jaelin910

If you can find even a single time he shot someone because they were monologuing and despite that being contraindicated by the situation, I'll admit you've got a good point. Until then, I'm not convinced.

I'll address the rest in pieces since I'm poor enough at formulating a coherent response when I'm not using a phone.
    OL is not Krona but sure, if you can give a convincing argument that OL is responsible for Krona's actions, then this'll be relevant.
    That's not something I asked for. Considering OL to be Time Trapper is slightly less ludicrous that Krona but it's still a stretch so again, give me an arguement that OL should be considered responsible for his actions and then we'll talk.
    Vaermina has expressed a belief that the crisis is either not over or that this is the bad ending. I would agree that the multiverse was bent but that's not what you were arguing and I don't see any reason to think that a timeline and everyone in it being restored is a bad thing so, again, provide a good argument for considering the multiverse broken first.

As to the two edits, thank you for putting the effort in but as indicated above, not really relevant.

29. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I mean... he changed the nature of the universe so that alternate timelines can actually exist now for his universe - That kind of thing has consequences. Still doesn’t explain Renegade’s timeline though - maybe he was originally put in a different universe - he didn’t show up because he fought giant glowy hand and won.

DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  30. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

On the subject of Paragon and monologuing, the scene that comes to mind is him trapping Klarion and telling him that the only way he'll monologue is after making sure the villain is properly secured instead of being in the middle of a fight; I feel like he enjoyed the experience.

It would have been cool to see the metaphysical showdown between Constantine and Klarion in that scene, I think Zoat had written Rocket Red's interlude already so it wouldn't have been the first time the perspective shifted to a not-Paul (though even if it did, having it be a chapter about Chaos magic would be very appropriate).