1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Makes sense. And it's certainly a quite plausible way for language to develop in the future if/when we have such things.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He may be eccentric, but for all we know he could be a cunning business man.

He's a high ranking member of an interstellar corporation so maybe he has some brains under all that insanity.

4. Redhawk

Redhawk Getting out there.

Can we just get a quick scene explaining how Dox came to the decision to give this guy a ring? I just can’t wrap my head around this.

5. Kalem_Lee

Kalem_Lee Well worn.

KNOW PAIN LUTHOR.

KNOW PAIN.

6. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

Especially since we already use "cybernetics" to refer to the cybernetic parts of a cybernetic entity, bringing it into the singular just makes sense.

7. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Can someone remind me what happened to the Light in the Paragon timeline? Are they still active?

Darko likes this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah they are and they may be active up to year 5.

9. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Dox wants to know things. Sometimes, that means experimentation.

10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, boy... Looks like I might have been optimistic about the ClusterCorps' view on synthetic rights... These guys are acting... Well, like slaves...

He's thinking 'What sort of fly-by-night operation are these Aliens running?', I'd bet.

I bet Lex can commiserate with him over the stupidity of some people.

Ah, OL... Still haven't considered the possibility that Lex had a not-so-metaphorical gun to his head?

You sound like a jilted lover, OL. What would the League say if they could hear you?

And Lex, looking for all the angles as usual. Hoping for some inside info, I see, to get a jump on the competition.

Oh, my. Now that's a declaration of 'I am so done with this shit...'. I'm sure he'll regret saying it later, of course. And I doubt Lex can offer anything he'd want enough to jump ships for.

"Or were you just passing by and thought you'd drop in for coffee?"

I note that's not a declaration of seniority, merely of age...

...Ah. :oops: Oooh... Awkward.

Wow, such upwards mobility...Of course, most of the organic staff are in the same boat...

Oh, you have no idea, Lexie boy... Wait until you meet the big gold cheese...

And speak of the devil. I'm guessing he usually doesn't use his ring for anything... I haven't seen that kind of enthusiastic response since the first time Kon took his shirt off in front of OL...

...Blowing away the people you were about to do business with is generally not good practice, Goldie...

Go on, OL, let him dig himself in deeper in Lex's opinion.

I can just see him thinking 'oh god, what have i gotten myself into? This is worse than the Light...'

...No. No! Do not ask... With a name like 'fart apples'...

He... does know he has to consciously include other people in Transitions?

<facepalm> How did this guy even clear basic training? Did they even give him basic training beyond 'Want it, it happens.'?

Shush! Don't interrupt his flow, this is bound to be hilarious! :p In fact, you should definitely record this.

I can hear the clattering of their joints as it is...

Poor guy... If he's lucky, he might get out of this without being scrapped...

Does Manga Khan simply have a -20 to spot checks?

"Why grandma, what a deep voice you have..." Though I picture the bot as having a light, slightly 'nerdy' tone...

To be honest, I'm not sure how strongly connected the Synthetics are tied to their physical form... I presume some might be comfortable switching bodies like average humans switch clothes...

In the background, Lex and OL share a Look. A Look of mutual pain about suffering idiots...

Oh, thank Eris! We won't be stuck in a loop of back-and-forth for three chapters! Though I bet she's laughing her ass off...

Oh gods, the stupid... It hurts...

Oh, thank you, he might stop talking! OL's ring is probably running constant Wholeness Rightly Assumed just to preserve his sanity...

Well, random customer service unit, it was nice knowing you... Throw yourself on his mercy and he might just bust you down to janitorial roomba....

Ohhh, this is going to be a long conversation... He may have a penalty to Spot checks, but Manga Khan evidently gains +40 to Jump, when leaping to conclusions!:V I bet Lex is really, really wishing he hadn't come here right now...

I'm pretty sure it's not spelt that way... But it might be an OL-ism...

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Lex must really be regretting trying to do business with Manga.

I mean at least Savage tries to pretend that he's intelligent and not just some idiot.

Eris must be suffering from stomach cramps right about now from all the laughter.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  12. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

I almost forgot they were actually a thing with the Gravy timeline.

moralrelativity, Jaron and Darko like this.
  13. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Eros or Eris?

WhiteNoise, Gilhelmi, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  14. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

Poor Lex, he is having his mental image of what he thinks should be a major leader in a galactic scale business shattered right before him. Just cause aliens have made it into space doesn't mean that galaxy isn't full of fools as well.

WargWolf, Ardy, Kalem_Lee and 9 others like this.
  15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Lex doesn't exactly think all that highly of non humans in the first place, but even his low standards may be blown out the water with Manga.

16. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

This is going about as well as I assumed it might...

Reminds me of Vapula in the In Nomine tabletop rpg... A demon prince prone to SCIENCE! of the most drastic sort. A gentleman by the name of Moe Lane proposed a junior demon by the name of 'Sparky', who had the job of trying to ensure Vapula didn't do anything too destructive to Hell's purposes...

You might wonder where the authors of 'In Nomine' got ideas like that? Well, if you look at Vapula in a more 'traditional' sense, you might start to work it out...

(You know the bit about burning copies of the D&D rules in some US states? I don't know what they'd do with the In Nomine rules...)

I got the impression that this was a re-branding of Banks's The Culture, and an attempt to collide it with comic book superhero-ing. I'm unclear how much DC respect the canon that the writers created, or whether they're (just) retcon-ing anything that doesn't suit the sort of stories they want to tell...

17. Mr Zoat

I had a quick look, and there doesn't appear to be a standard spelling.

18. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Agreed. Also why he decided to send this guy to Earth, since by Word of Zoat, it wasn't to be funny.

19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I am really curious about what must be going through Lex's head right now. Whatever expectations he had about this guy must have been completely blown away after meeting him face to face. I kinda hope this guy spills the beans about what happened on Rimbor. I can just imagine Manga Khan saying that he is surprised someone as powerful and reasonable as the Illustres would work with intergalactic criminals like the "Justice League" as a non sequitur.

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well he was certainly blown away after his first encounter with him, quite literary I should remind you.

21. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Am I the only one who is wondering what the stock markets are looking like, after the arrival of Manga Khan? You might suspect Mr. Luthor takes... an interest in that sort of thing.
    I might wonder if there's a camera crew recording this encounter... Pretty sure a lot of news channels would pay well for that...

Fun things for Eris to do... 'Borrow' the Inviolate Lex Luthor and Mercy Graves, post-story, throw-in a memory patch for the pair of them of the last couple of weeks of experiences of their local versions... See what happens next. :)

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Lex from Inviolate would be shocked that a version of him is doing stupid Villain stuff without being manipulated by anyone.

23. darkevangel10

darkevangel10 Making the rounds.

Chassis is both the singular and plural, just pronounced differently to differentiate. Cha-see vs Cha-seez

WhiteNoise, Jaron, azqs and 2 others like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

[​IMG]

25. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

Can I be reminded of why Paul is pissed at Lex?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  26. JamesEye

JamesEye Not too sore, are you?

I just broke out into giggles reading this. Manga Khan has to be my favourite character now haha. He reminds me of that superhero in Rachet and Clank or any borderlands comic relief.

thanks for the laughs.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  27. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

A while ago he made Lex an offer and tried to seduce him to the Light Side..

"I agree with your stated goals. I want humanity to develop the schitzotech they've had access to for decades, progress and go to the stars. I don't want the Earth to treat superheroes as a crutch that stops people walking on their own. And I can do it without being a supervillain. Without being aparty to World Scale Child Murder! Join me, give us the other member of the Light and we can do this the right way!"

"Nah, I'm fine with our current methods of achieving our goals. Thanks anyway."

28. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

That's originally from a movie called DungeonMaster, which was then quoted and made famous by Mythbusters, and it has now somehow ended up on a BioShock image.*

*Idkusername has not consumed any of the listed media and is not responsible for any inaccuracies

29. Bolo

Bolo Know what you're doing yet?

Wait I’m confused. Paul tells Lex he’s upset at him for Not going for his deal (doing shady things) doesn’t really get into cause reasons... Then tells him now is the best time make his best offer because to Paul.....?

Darko likes this.
  30. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Because the mundane governments' lack of adequate preparedness (and coordination) for perfectly reasonable possibilities like contact with extraterrestrial polities seems to be due to the 'gormless passivity' (I think that's a quote from somewhere in this fic) encouraged by having superheroes around to deal with things like this.
    Competent and effective governments would clash too much with the general rationale behind idealistic and independent superheroism, so we basically never see any in most mainstream comics-based media.