1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Possible, but I tend to doubt it. They kept Homelander a secret up until his unveiling. That would have been very difficult to do if there were a large number of high-end superbabies all lashing out with random powers, possibly for years. The the description Legend gives only mentions one.

2. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "Any" to "And".

Remove "a".

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'quite' not 'quiet'

it should be 'in Atlantean political' not just ' Atlantean"

'would have survived' or at least 'would survive' not 'would survived'

I think it should be 'he's pointing at the air between us', the other thing just sounds weird

Zoat if the other members of the Team were doing this whole connecting to the common man thing like Kon then what were Canis and Angelika doing?

Angelika could have been trying to participate in some kind of multicultural thing, while I could see Canis trying to teach delinquents things about art and how to express themselves, and they inevitably are freaked out by him or are inspired.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    sagemo, Ardy, Bolo and 9 others like this.
  4. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Wouldn't "I don't understand-. work better here?

FourthPear and Darko like this.
  5. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

He's stating that they do not understand his question. He's always in favour of war as a general principle, so from his point of view a question of a reason NOT to have one is rather obvious.

6. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Canis would make an excellent therapist.

"Face your issues head on! WITH AN AXE!"

Also, did a fed up OL just learn discretion?

But he already knows four moves! Which one did he forget to make room???

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Canis can help friends face their issues while Zox helps lovers face their issues.

NightmareWarden and RGFJ like this.
  8. mac1235

mac1235 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Eh, you would only have to bring to term the ones without visible mutations...

9. TheDudeMan400

TheDudeMan400 Getting out there.

Maybe Aqualad had a point, if OL told King Orin what he just told Kaldur maybe his relationship with with King Orin wouldn't be so bad.

The lack of communication between OL and the Justice League is going to blow up in bad way eventually.

Ever since the Naboo was admitted into the Justice League I can't seem to enjoy the Paragon side of the story as much as I did in the beginning anymore and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe a part of it was in the beginning Paul was more willing to build good relationships and now those relationships are being soured.

10. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Ah, cryptic corrections.
    Sewer maintenance technician and working in a Dakota City community centre.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

One of the reasons for that may be the fact that when OL first came to this universe he didn't have anything so he was trying to have a close relationship with the League so he wouldn't be left alone with nothing.

Now he has several things that secure his safety. He has a Lantern Corps, multiple rings, is not bound by magic any longer etc.

He doesn't really need the League at this point and is just working with them because his friends work for them, but because he doesn't need them anymore he isn't trying to get on their good side all that much anymore.

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

:oops: My, my, that can be taken in so many ways... But I assume they're talking about the matter of the day: Manga Khan.

Interesting insight. Did it occur to tell the League this? Or did they not listen when he did?

Or species with shapeshifting abilities. Assuming they haven't discovered shifting clothes or the like.

Note that that's not a Hive mind. Each Bolovaxian is a distinct individual. It's much like Mars. Like a telepathic internet linked into your head.

Just a little side benefit, of course.

I know Tacos are tricky to eat if you're not used to them, Canis... But insufferable? Really?

...No, I'm not seeing any ship teasing there.

Oh, goddammit, guys! Do you know how that looks?

At least she's able to frame things outside of Eros now... The Team is more Storge and Philia...

Oh, thank goodness, he's finally just out and asking things!

Hell, OL carried one of those messages himself on his initial recruiting drive.

See? Nothing untoward at all.

Admittedly, they might have need a little reading to get up to date on new methods...

Better than their mentors, at least. How often do the Leaguers read reports now? Besides OL's.

So, more or less two recruitment drives, several months apart. Everything looks above-board.

Since they'd likely be happier as researchers than soldiers...

True. Also hard to replicate without experienced mages, Lanterns and/or surface-worlder tech.

So a lot of this comes down to misunderstandings and blunders. 'Low' politics indeed.

Keeping in mind Queen Clea was technically an international supervillian as well... Assuming this took place back around WWII

Yup... Bullheadedness on all sides. Because Atlanteans (and I include Venturians as well) aren't used to accepting they can be wrong?

Yeah, definitely looks like Canis is saying they don't understand his question... But then, Canis is from a world where disputes are settled with violence and war as a matter of course. Lives matter not, because they're only Lowlies, after all...

And that's the sad tragedy of the situation... A mother separated from child and husband by politics... I mean, she ended up channelling her grief at the latter's death into supervilliany, but hey...Mistakes were made all round.

And that's an equally good point. I'm sure the Venturians would not be happy about the change of leadership, Ptra would get nobbled by some bravo and Poseidonis would have to roll back in in six months...

Admirable, but misguided. Did he mention anything like this to Cyprian? And explain his reasoning so Cyprian didn't go 'wait, that? That's a terrible idea!'...

Evidently not. Bullheadedness and dickwaving all round. This was always going to be a tangle...

And yet you keep ending up cleaning up the messes made by people who do make those decisions... Not always willingly, either, when those messes end up stepping into you.

And once again, Poor Communication Kills... Inter-city relations. Maybe Kaldur can consider mentioning this discussion to Arthur next time he sees him. And maybe hint that if he'd thought to be more open, they wouldn't be in this mess? Oh, well. What's done is done, mistakes were made, and maybe they can avoid war.

13. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

What OL just told Kaldur isn't exactly a secret. The Venturian representatives that Atlantis is holding "as guests" would know it. The Atlantian courtiers and politicians who'd worked with those same Venturians would know it as well, if they ever took the time to listen to the representatives... who were there so that Atlantis could hear the Venturian perspective. Either King Orin has a serious infection of Treacherous Viziers, or anything OL would've said on the matter would've gone in one ear and out the other. I suspect the former, purists who probably held a grudge over Clea's lack of support for Prince Orm over King Orin. Wouldn't be surprised if they also whispered the accusations against Clea to keep scrutiny off themselves.

14. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

I'm honestly more interested in the Atlantean politics than I am in ClusterCorp at this point.

15. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Let's see Superheroes were first used in WWII were they did not work, at all, in fact they just got killed.

Skip a few decades and there is at least in the USA a whole thing were superheroes are celebrities.

Had the whole WWII thing be public knowledge that just wouldn't work.

So really, covering the death of a few hundreds fetuses is not beyond those bastards could do.

AngelicKnight. and Darko like this.
  16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It hasn't yet, so I don't see why you think Zoat will actually have it do so.

TheDudeMan400 likes this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Very few people knew about the WWII team. Only a relatively small number of people saw them, and most of them were killed by the Germans. The WWII team also weren't anything like as powerful as Homelander, and given how long Voight had to make them I suspect that they were empowered as adults.

18. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Mr Zoat has long expressed how he expects relationships to develop and spur between OL and the League. It won’t be one explosive argument, but probably a few small things here and there that erode the relationship a little by little over time for some members.

19. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Three dots?
    Which makes this story so much better than most self inserts. They almost always wanna run around as the author's insert, and 'fix' people.
    Them and their pesky senators..

20. Mr Zoat

21. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

No, I mean, you usually have two periods for a pause in a sentence. You usually, rightfully, keep the three for when something has been redacted.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We know his relationship with Batman will turn sour sometime before Rimbor.

I once asked Zoat how the paragons story will end and he told me it will probably end with him sighing and walking away from the League.

Don't know if Zoat is going to make it end like that or change it, hell maybe he will walk away from an alternate universe version of the League, think the last episode may have him going to canon Earth 16 and killing Nabu with that version of the Sword of the Fallen.

23. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

It's not covering up the immediate failures that's a problem. The problem is the ones that look like they might be successes, or the partial successes, or the ones slightly less successful than Homelander.

If they didn't have a way to make things go a certain way in advance they'd have to deal with a bunch of kids whose powers were only partially understood, were skewed towards the powerful, and would have unpredictable final results until their bodies and mind began to stabilize. They wouldn't have any idea which ones would be the real powerhouses until puberty at the earliest, and they'd have just generally had to manage more than one Homelander type subject for at least two decades. If Homelander wasn't a for sure thing, he'd have had 'siblings', maybe an entire team's worth of capes from the same project.

Cuchulin, Vorian and Darko like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

I use three for trailing off and stopping, which is what happened there.

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, nobodez and 3 others like this.
  25. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Twice, apparently.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  26. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I think you mean seceded here.

Also, looks like poor communication still kills on the part of the Atlantean government.

27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I didn't expect Canis of all people getting Paul and Kaldur to talk about the problem. Was that just him wanting them to stop dancing around the issue as he found it annoying? Or did he just want them to get over it because he was curious as to why they wouldn't want to get over it/fight until one of them is concedes that the other is right?

28. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

"It's an Atlantean court. It's all viziers and they're all assholes."

29. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

30. Lupercal

Lupercal Not too sore, are you?

FTFY