1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. Mr Zoat

John Constantine ends up joining that version of the League so... Yes.
    I haven't thought about it.
    I haven't thought about it.
    Being a virgin does not give you superpowers.

Trust me.
    I haven't written them yet but I wouldn't rule it out.
    Probably?
    You know that video on Youtube with the cowboys who can hear the narrator? You know how it ends? Kind of like that.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We are talking about a magic universe and this version has angel wings. I know that Gabriel had sex previously but still, it wouldn't surprise me if it is somehow possible for an individual to have superpowers because of their virginity, especially when they have angel wings.

Bramble Thorn and KenNM like this.
  4. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Oh my, am I the only one imagining what it would be like if this Paul went to Equestria and started singing?

I bet all the mares would spontaneously go into heat.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat if an Angel went through that mirror into Equestria would they become an Alicorn?

I know New Gods and Old Gods can become that and mystical beings like Nabu can become a Lamassu.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Anyone feel like adding Pauliel to the Characters list on the wiki, and maybe creating a page for him? I'm not likely to at the moment (I'm not great at creating wiki pages), but I think someone should, as putting more effort into the wiki would make it easier to find things (e.g. I remember the previous episodes Pauliel was in, but not in enough detail to find them).

Also, not sure if Zoat wants 'Pauliel' to be the official name for the Paul that has angel wings.

EDIT: For those who care, the Episodes list on the wiki is a bit out of date right now, and the Timeline is even more so.

To be fair, I'd almost forgotten that the fic had a wiki.

Slightly Later EDIT: OK, I hadn't noticed before but the front page of the wiki includes a large 'WIKI CLOSED INDEFINITELY GO AWAY' notice, which I'd apparently missed earlier. Not sure why it has that, since I didn't find an explanation.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  7. Mr Zoat

I have no idea.

You people.

8. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

He might become a Kirin, a Hakutaku, or something similarly "celestial" in nature. I don't think that any of those showed up in MLP canon, though.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Kirin did show up.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Really? *looks it up on the wiki* Huh, season 8. That'd explain it, I only really watched the first two or three seasons.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  11. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

'rut'? I've never heard of 'musk' used like that, and a search didn't find anything...

Looking at the 'History' for that page the notice was put up by 'Nigritos', who (I think, from a brief inspection) created the WTR wiki. So, I guess someone could contact them and ask for an explanation? It's a bit strange, as wikis are (commonly) community things, but, sometimes people want to keep control, or, feel things have got so broken they shouldn't be used any more...

Unlike a MediaWiki there's no obvious 'Talk' page which might explain what's going on, so. we're down to guess-work...

12. Mr Zoat

I thought I had, but similarly couldn't find anything when I searched. I'll change it.

13. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Maybe you were thinking of musth?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musth

Bramble Thorn and Mr Zoat like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

15. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

So, has the Apokolips War been avoided then, or will Darkseid be more determined to see it come to pass?

Darko likes this.
  16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The only thing we know for sure is that he saved a kid from those hellish orphanages and has a Mother Box with him.

Darkseid was beaten in the first animated movie in which he showed up in, after the Flashpoint Paradox movie, but he apparently recovered enough to get back in control of things.

Desaad acted in what I'm pretty sure was something akin to Prime Minister position, aside from being chief scientist and torturer, basically organizing everything while Darkseid focused on getting the Anti Life.

Maybe this version will do something about that that butterflies it away, especially after what he saw when he was taken by Krona helps him somehow, but that's up to Zoat.

Ngamer11, DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  17. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

What powers does being an Angel even grant you exactly?

MasterG and Darko like this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This version has enhanced physical capabilities beyond human norm, immunity to all mundane poisons and diseases and several not so mundane ones,

He also has access to theurgy, which is basically angel magic and can be used for several things like ordinary magic can, but probably to a greater level and it is useful against demons.

He may not be as powerful as an average angel, or he may be even more powerful but not as powerful as Gabriel was, but he may be more diverse in his powers, unlike regular angels who have various duties assigned to them and can only use their magic in conjunction with those duties, like warriors using theurgy for destructive purposes.

And he can fly.

Jaron, Ngamer11, DAT_NOOB and 8 others like this.
  19. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

For magic virgin's blood is a powerful catalist, but usually it has to be a female human virgins blood. Although a female God like being virgina blood Would in theory work much better.

Some powers, not on DC, kill you if you have sex.

But the whole become a wizard for never having sex in your life is just an internet meme Koreans like.

Cuchulin, Ardy and Darko like this.
  20. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

What happened is competition: http://wtr.greenmaw.com/wiki/Main_Page Not that it's particularly much more up-to-date, but it's open for anyone who cares to sink the effort into updating it.

I... um... forgot about it, myself, though... and it's running on my webspace. I hadn't noticed that bots had figured out how to get through the spam protection a couple months ago. I should clean that up...

EDIT: Bleh. I forgot how stupidly overengineered commercial-grade PHP code could be. I've updated my anti-spam measures in a way that shouldn't interfere with normal people, but it's a really ugly hack because I can't be arsed to figure out how MediaWiki wants me to do it the right way.

EDIT 2: Oops, broke the login page. If you got an error trying to look at the wiki over the last few minutes, I've fixed it.

21. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

We just had the big crossover event Zoat has been building up towards for a long time, we're probably gonna see a bit more of each alternate version for a little while.

Ardy, Cuchulin, MasterG and 3 others like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hopefully in the next episode.

23. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In DC, in at least it was stated that faith can power magic, and since Atrocitus forged the red power rings with magic, and there is a universe in which Green Lantern uses magic to control the Glow, I see no reason why sexual frustration couldn't be used as well.

Xmaster3000, Ardy, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Could Lex's intelligence be powered by his unresolved sexual feelings for Superman?

Most likely I suspect.

25. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Seeing as they have a child, Kon/Superboy, I don't think you can call them 'unresolved'. :)

26. HadesHerald

HadesHerald I did not know of that use for mechadendrites

That's *familial* tensions. They haven't banged and now they have a child. How do you think that would make you feel?

Cuchulin, Vorian and Darko like this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Annoyed that I didn't do the nasty but now I have all the responsibility.

IsActuallyBatman, Vorian and Caerwen like this.
  28. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

being a level 20 paladin

IsActuallyBatman, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

More of a cleric I would say, but paladin is good.

Xmaster3000 and DAT_NOOB like this.
  30. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Have you tried meeting the requirements of multiple Holier-Than-Thou Flags at the same time?

Chastity by itself won't cut. Unless it is some extreme version like never masturbated or had a nocturnal emission.
    You need to stack on some others, like Poverty (giving away wealth, up to living entirely on the charity of others), Dietary Restrictions (at the very least, giving up red meat, up to the highest levels subsisting entirely on magically conjured manna (or just mana directly), some degree of nonviolence (lethality &/or target restrictions), and so on.

The calculation works by multiplying your individual scores from each category to get your final Saintliness score. That mean ignoring even one category entirely gives you a score of zero, on account of anything times zero equals zero. There is an exception for a perfect score in a category, but those are hard to meet and really easy to lose involuntarily, and are less about purity and more about innocence.

Something to keep in mind is absent going through some hoops, ring based sonic showers don't contribute towards ritual cleanliness. That hung me up for a while before I figured it out.