1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes, they're not planning on dragging her off for a gang bang. They're just at the 'interested in getting to know you better' stage.
    THANK YOU.

2. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Incest is wincest.

You'll understand in time. They all do...

Though in all seriousness, I'm theoretically fine with incest and even underage relationships so long as the people involved are mature and responsible. But that's unlikely at best for the former and near impossible for the latter, and banning them outright is generally a better move, so in practicality, I don't.

However, this is a story, and I'm fine with such suspension of disbelief (hell, look at the site we're on), but that's not the kind of story Mr Zoat is writing, and I'm not talking about lewdness (after all, it's pretty hard to top the tantalising tarantula). People generally have much more down-to-earth emotional reactions in this story, so yeah, it would be unlikely.

3. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

The world is not ready for Kiyohime with an OL ring.

I mean, there are obvious collectors like Queen of Sheba and Gil that would be dangerous with an OL ring, but it feels like the most dangerous ones would be Berserkers who manage to be (somewhat) functional despite having an overriding obsession (e.g., Kiyohime, Nightingale, Spartacus, etc.).

DrThoth and Darko like this.
  4. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Oh geez, is that what happened? I only saw the "personal reasons we don't want to talk about" message. I didn't know there was more information.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In the words of a shrieking skeleton who sits on a golden toilet.

"DELETE''

Aside from being able to wield a ring they would also have to be able to follow orders and not abuse their rings, as well as being able to stay stable.

Kiyohime and Spartacus wouldn't be able to stay stable, Nightingale may be able to though.

6. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

*Takes a look at the Teen Titans cartoon.

Eh, did they ever reform anyone besides Raven?

Terra might count but even so that's a single case.

Lupercal likes this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Jinx turned on the bad guys.

It's still basically a children's cartoon universe so the universe becoming better by reforming bad guys would fit into that type of universe.

Plus if the universe has magic then maybe certain things and events have a way of happening that fits into a certain type of theme, like good guys triumphing over the bad guys and reformation of criminals being necessary to make a place bettet.

Thor explained something like this in the Child of The Storm fanfic where he says certain events have a way of happening and repeating themselves due to the magic of the universe and the Dreaming.

8. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

*Looks at the Teen Titans Comics.

Yeah, fuck that.

Is mostly because these Teen Titans are a kids cartoon.

If they were in the comics then the young Heroes death count would rival X-Men.

My way of seeing it is this:

Parallel Universes ARE Parallel, they are basically variations of the same thing.

As a result there are things that will be similar and things that will happen in a similar way. The farther you go from your own universe the less parallels and so the less coincidences.

Cuchulin and Lupercal like this.
  9. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Someone googled "Linda Balder" and saw the obituary post. The rest doesn't take much digging.

10. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

And this is why authors use pen-names, or 'handles', or whatever you call them. Though, past a certain point, very few of them are water-tight. Hence, 'doxing'.

hkim and Vorian like this.
  11. Threadmarks: Plutonian (part 6)
    Mr Zoat

12th April
    14:08 GMT +3

I ignore the laughter as I walk uphill towards the inner city plaza.

I ignore the rigid expressions of the gate guards, though I-. Someone came up and told them while they were on duty. That was unprofessional. I'll see if I can track down Philippus and talk to her about some sort of shared training session with another country's military.

I ignore the way that the guards around the plaza try to avoid looking at me. See if I tell them about the hot orange alien princess visiting.

I don't ignore Lantern Savenlovich, because she's my best option for getting information on how things are going without sticking my head through the doorway. She's standing outside the Temple of Athena and appears to be considering going inside before she spots me.

"Orange Lantern."

I can't tell from her face whether anyone told her or not. Of course, people who can't focus on the relevant and ignore the irrelevant don’t get green power rings.

"Lantern Savenlovich. You may as well use my name. There are three Orange Lanterns on Earth at the moment, not counting the loaner I gave Ghia'ta."

"She did not use that in our training session."

"She's trying to overcome an upbringing where she was repeatedly told that the other colours were inherently evil." I nod to the entrance. "Thinking of going inside? It's basically just Themyscira's national library. You don't need to pray or anything."

I hesitate, and then look upwards.

"'Just' in the sense that 'library' is its primary function, not that its function as a library is unimportant."

"The way you looked upward does not reassure me."

"I can't afford to alienate any more gods. Besides, I like libraries."

"Perhaps I will do so later. Besides, I am concerned about the idea of coming to the attention of the Greek gods."

"Oh, most of them aren't all that bad. I have positive working relationships with several."

"I understand that strange things can happen to people who involve themselves with such beings."

"Yes, but look around. This is the only country on the planet where the worship of the Olympians is common, and there isn't that much-."

"Please explain to me how you impregnated a spider."

"I didn't, the girl just said that because she wanted me to feel responsible. The Spider Queen is a geneticist of considerable skill, and did her best to create a Guilder who thinks like me-"

Lantern Savenlovich closes her eyes for a moment.

"-as a way to get into the Orange Lantern Corps. The Queen thinks that the only way for her to survive in the long term is to reform the entire Spider Guild, and we're the next step."

"The small spider is not your daughter."

"That is correct."

"Good. Then perhaps I will risk the library."

I nod. "I'm sure that they'll appreciate having a new patron. How are the talks going?"

"Polite. Icy. Aquaman is angry, but controlled. King Cyprian is far more relaxed."

"All of his worst possible outcomes have vanished. Nothing he could be asked for presents an existential problem for Venturia so this can't go wrong. For King Orin on the other hand he's having to tacitly admit that he's going to lose a city and the most he can do is make them take extra steps. And he's finding out how badly advised he was, which has got to be annoying."

"If he blames this on his advisers then I will lose respect for him."

I shrug.

"Have you read up on his history?"

"I have read the Justice League reports."

I shake my head.

"No, his personal history. The only Atlantean he met before his eighteenth birthday was his mother. He grew up in the United States. And even after getting intensely tutored in Atlantean customs, he's still an outsider in a lot of ways. That's why he became a superhero and left running the country to his brother."

"Ocean Master." She frowns slightly. "If he was to be king, why was he raised outside of Atlantis?"

"The official reason is that his mother Queen Atlanna wanted him to know surface world culture so that he could lead Atlantis in fully integrating with the rest of human civilisation. But I have to admit, I've… Wondered if Queen Atlanna dumped him on his father until she'd firmly established her control of Atlantis so she wouldn't have to deal with the social consequences of an unplanned out of wedlock royal pregnancy."

"Then why bring him back?"

"I'm not really sure. I mean, Orm wasn't actually a Purist and he was a competent administrator." I shrug. "I can't think of a rational reason for it. Maybe I was being unduly suspicious."

"People do not always do things for rational reasons. Or at least reasons which seem rational to other people."

"Speaking from personal experience?"

"I devoted my professional life to keeping Roscosmos going. As Russia empowered the oligarchs and nationalists, I tried to keep us active in space."

"Yes, and you said that you only kept your ring because the Director said he'd arrange things so that you weren't missed."

"Yes, he said that. And he has kept his word. You have seen Starfire's ship?"

"Yes? I… Didn't think they could replicate it."

"That is quite true. But they learned enough when working on his ship to obsolete all of Roscosmos's rockets. So he did not so much increase the budget of Roscosmos as appropriate its budget for his space fleet."

"The Russian Federation has a military space fleet?"

"A small one. And it is not as advanced as the ships which we are both familiar with. They are going to unveil it officially by flying to the ClusterShip…" She creates a watch construct. "In about half an hour."

Why is it that the one person on this planet who is doing what I want without needing to be told to is the head of Russia's military superhuman development program?

"Is it purely military?"

"At the moment it is about waving the flag. I think that the President will want to see how the world reacts before he makes any final decisions. There would be no point making elaborate plans if it turns out that China and America are both doing the same."

"China's trying to use Durlan technology, so they're not really getting anywhere. America… Doesn't as far as I know. But hey." I smile. "Maybe this will spur everyone else on?"

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  12. Zeromaru2

Zeromaru2 Versed in the lewd.

"to is the head of?"
    I think is should be there

13. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

So...... that's a no on cute apprentice spider-chibi?
    (╥﹏╥)

14. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

OL: Don't put kids in danger! Now come on Robin, Zatanna, we've got a Lantern Dragon to catch!

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'on his ship' or 'on the ship' not 'on the his ship'

16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

17. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

And just think about how that turned out for him.

18. Kalem_Lee

Kalem_Lee Well worn.

Awww thats cute. Like this won't blow up in his face..

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's not like he had much choice in them becoming superheroes.

SemiAnarchist and RichardWhereat like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

21. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

That segue into spiderchibi was fantastic. Caught me by surprise, and only then could I see how it was built towards. Nice.

I hope we see more spiderchibi.

22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

We know from the series Young Justice America does.

Which means they successfully hid it from Paul, so props to them.

Xmaster3000, Gilhelmi, Doccer and 3 others like this.
  23. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

What season was it unveiled?

24. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Wow, the scene really did spread fast, eh? I suppose with so little else going on, the Amazons are incorrigible gossips.

Ooh, petty. Now they miss out on two fun things today.

Yes, I suppose poking your head in the door isn't going to help the discussion much. Especially considering Cyprian's deal with the Orange Lantern Corps.

Which I suspect she already knows. Her ring would have alerted her to the extra Lantern on-planet as soon as Kori passed the edge of the atmosphere.

Then again, how does it work for outsiders? A token nod in the Altar's direction as you go past?

Trying to stay on Athena's good side, eh? And assuming she can see you just via proximity to her temple? Good move.

Oh, don't worry, I think Athena has no reason to dislike you. Heck, you're actually increasing the spread of knowledge with your work.

Hephaestus, he's cool. Hades loves him for the fresh workload. Eris is a little annoyed sometimes, but.. Oh, and he knows Pluotos too.

Because of course she knows about that. How could she not have heard about it?

Which is itself a little worrying.

Well, the war with the Reach can't last forever, I suppose. Secondary and/or follow-up goals for the win.

She sounds almost disappointed. I suppose John and Guy have been telling her stories...

And what of Ptra? I take it she was smart enough not to show her face...

Eh, he didn't know enough about his nation to realise it, that's his problem... Perhaps he should have been more diligent.

That's only a part of the story. There's more to him than that alone.

And who did that tutoring, anyway? Vulko? Who knows what he left out in the interests of having a pliable patsy for a king?

Yeah, that might have been quite the scandal. Especially since he's blond, which is a taboo in some version of Atlantis' history.

I'm sure it made sense to her at the time. Maybe she was worried they'd try to assassinate him in favour of Orm if they'd known about him?

Gutsy of her. Space tends to be a secondary concern to matters on the local scale.

Remember, folks, that's the Russian teen hero, not our dear Koriand'r.

Oh, that's fine then-... :confused: Wait... :eek: What?

Who in the what now buhah?! That must be seriously top secret!

And he's almost certainly doing it for the sake of Russia alone, not the planet as a whole. o_Oargh.

Hmm... I wonder how that's going in the Renegade's timeline, in light of that Lex's planned space fleet.

Be careful what you hope for, OL. It may go poorly. Because Humans.

Well, that was a surprising course of conversation. From the Poseidonis/Venturia talks to OL's off-world shenanigans to 'Oh, hey, Russia's go a Space Fleet.' The things that happen in under five minutes in this story.

They are going to unveil it officially...

25. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

That's the first time I've seen a heroic moral protagonist cheer for an arms race after actually understanding what it entails, and I can't disagree.

26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Paul doesn't actually understand what it will entail.

Unfortunately given his history, Zoat almost assuredly won't play things straight to what would realistically result from this.

vaegrim, Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Chojin, Vulko appears to be just a research mage in this story so it's unlikely he taught Orin anything about Atlantean culture and society, unlike the movie version, who was essentially the Good Advisor trope and didn't try to make him into some kind of pliable patsy or anything like that.

One of the reasons Atlanna chose Orin to rule could be because she may have resented Orm.

Was watching Throne of Atlantis abridged and the reason she chose Orin was because she resented Orm as her marriage to his father was against her wishes and she wanted to change their ways.

If Atlanna in this story didn't like her marriage then maybe she also resented Orm a bit.

Although unlike the abridged version of her I'm fairly certain this one never thought of giving her son a name that starts with A and ends with bortion.

The fact that he also started a terrorist group to overthrow his brother also doesn't exactly say good things about his mentality.

The worst Orin did was neglect his duties. That's not exactly a good reason to start a criminal group. If Orin was a depraved and tyrannical ruler then a criminal group trying to overthrow him would be a good thing, but he isn't that type of ruler.

Atlanna watched her son grow so she would have a good idea of how he thinks and if she saw some things she didn't like then she may have thought Orin was a better candidate. Orm also wanted to conquer the surface world in the comics, so maybe the YJ version also wanted to do that. Even if he's not a Purist he may still be an Atlantean supremacist. Even if Orm got the throne that may not have stopped him from doing some fairly evil and stupid things. Some people will do stupid and evil things even if they lack any good reason or justification to do them. Pre flashpoint Blackfire comes to mind when she still engaged in stupid villainous activities even if she already got the throne, as well as ignoring warnings about her worlds imminent destruction without attempting to hear out the one warning them.

Truly pre flashpoint Kom and Orm are the last two people that should be given power and authority over anything. The likes of Luthor have at least tried to be better people on occasions.

What season did they show that fleet exactly?

If its season three then either they haven't made it yet, or Zoat can just ignore it since he started writing this story well before that season and some things he added in his story contradict the things in the show, like Barda still working for the bad guys in the show while here she defected.

The only space defences the Earth had aside from the League would be Warmoon, but the Light still haven't gotten their hands on it yet and may not get it in this story.

It may result in them cooperating more since they've seen how easily an alien presence can disrupt their world even when it isn't trying to do that. There does come a point where even idiots can make smart decisions. Also they have the League who may try to stop one country from attacking others without provocation. The fact that they would have the approval of the majority of the UN in this case would also allow them to get around any legal issues.

If they do decide to war with each other the league can just stop them and ignore the deal with the UN.

Also a small fleet of primitive space ships may not do that much and the US is working on dealing with alien and hostile threats from space, as shown renegade side, so if comes to conflict they may be able to deal with a primitive and small fleet.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You are forgetting the same thing Paul did.

It violates the Outer Space Treaty.

Meaning this isn't a "cold war space race" sort of thing, but a "we don't have to hide our shit any more" sort of thing.

Which in turn will almost assuredly lead to a hot war due to the US having spent the past 70 years being crashed Alien Spaceship and Supergenius central.

Xmaster3000, vaegrim and DAT_NOOB like this.
  30. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I'm wondering, a bit, about whether OL could sensibly build some ships with Orange Light AIs... What would they be built to want? And, what would the consequences be...

Would he have any use for an asteroid-located 'Fortress of Solitude'? Bait?

I can't see he'd have an obvious use for 'off-shore servers', that he couldn't satisfy somewhere on Earth, without worrying about installing a FTL comms link. (FTL comms, and a stock-trading AI, how to really upset the high-frequency traders - get the international legislation improved? Why isn't LLMK playing this game?)

Of course, they'd be his personal ships, and, that they existed at all might well interfere with his 'Earth gets a Space presence' plans.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020