1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I give it a year before the Guardians send Blue Lanterns to kill him and free all the beings he enslaved.

KenNM, Lotor, GamingPizza1998 and 7 others like this.
  2. AkazilliaDeNaro

AkazilliaDeNaro Getting out there.

I'm pretty sure that just makes it worse.

KenNM, ChestBurster, Jaron and 15 others like this.
  3. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

I'm intrigued by this Paul and want to see more. He's rational and ruthless.

4. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Kinda neat to read Vaermina's interpretation of the main story.

5. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Wow, this update was disturbing. Like, really, really disturbing. =/

6. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

For all the shit Gravy got at the very start, his actions were understandable to a degree. We have all likely raged against the stupidity of the "no kill" rule supers follow, when easily preventable, evil plotline of the week occurs and innocents die in their droves. However he stuck to the spirit of the law, rather than the letter and ensured the incontrovertibley guilty got punished, rather than wigging out when they try the ole diplomatic immunity or insanity defence.

But mind raping, then raping the good guys, just because you don't like the way things are being done is a whole nother level of fucked up.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He took on the role of a villain in a standard DC universe.

That's the exact opposite of rational, because in the standard DC universes, The Book of Fate dictates that Villains always lose.

8. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I think this is more Orange-Ring-With-A-Paul than Paul-With-An-Orange-Ring.

9. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Wow. I generally find something to like about most versions of OL, but this one I am struggling to. If that was your intention, then good job Mr. Zoat.

KenNM, ChestBurster, Cuchulin and 9 others like this.
  10. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Grayven: "The next time someone complains about me going too far, or being too extreme, I'm going to point at you. 'Oh no, you killed that unrepentant mass-murderer, you're a supervillain! Yeah, get back to me when I'm murdering and raping good people, just because they aren't prioritising themselves the way I'd prefer."

11. DarkB0lt

DarkB0lt Undead minions are better than friends anyways.

It doesn't matter if its worse or not, the important thing is that we use the right terms so no one gets confused.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Here's a real question.

Why would Paul share anything with a monster like that?

13. DarkB0lt

DarkB0lt Undead minions are better than friends anyways.

he forgot to check for a goatee.

14. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

Ok. I really hope you introduced us to this Paul (in name only) only so that he can be roflstomped by our virtuous Mc tomorrow.
    Like I'm talking a real good curbstomp. Like, one worth singing the curbstomp song for.

15. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

It's possible, but I don't think that's very likely. Paul is basically Larfleeze-lite in this scenario, except he's rewiring desires instead of turning people into constructs. He even has a Central Battery. Most likely they'll cut a non-aggression pact with him.

If the Blue Corps exists, it's a toss up if they'll work on him, because as I said before, Blue only worked on Larfleeze because he hoped to one day be free of his ring.

Also, like Paul said, there is no one to free, and no enchantment or mind control to remove. They're essentially new people in pre-existing bodies.

Most likely the Pauls couldn't have a thorough exchange in the measly time they had.

16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Hmm, from the context of the Chapter, this isn't an OL we've seen before. One who went whole hog on desire 'adjustment' using the Orange Light...

So, he has at least acquired a second ring from somewhere... Larfleeze, presumably, given the mention of the Battery later.

He was in a hurry. What with the whole 'On a Lord of Chaos' shit-list' angle. Frankly, he's lucky they've worked as well as they have (barring his little demonic head-trip.)

Aw, all she needs now is a head-pat and the 'sempai noticed me!' circle is complete.

Eh, At least with Alucard, you know he's doing it because it's interesting. This one, she's had her brain Orange Tang'd into absolutely loyalty.

Ah, seeing someone do it differently. And he didn't have to brainwash everyone into sensible people to do it...

So, only really benefits the elite skill-level.

I wonder, is she afraid of disappointing him in a friendly sense, or of what his reaction would be to failure?

Man, this feels like something out of Injustice... Like someone bit down on the stupid evil fruit and ran with it.

And that calmness is enough to send a shudder down the spine...

Wow. This version goes way past the Renegade's level of douchebag. He's rivalling Illusive Man for manipulative bastard...

Is it significant that no-one uses his given name?

Oh, man, some part of Ollie deep down must be screaming in horror at this...

At least some things about him are still recognisable...

I'm guessing she needs special attention because of her own Mind-control abilities. Don't tell me this OL is researching Anti-Life...

Which raises questions about how much control he exercises over people like the League.

...Shiiiiit... I'm amazed no-one he's controlling has asked yet: "Are we the baddies? Because... That sounds like something the baddies would do..."

:eek: Oh, no... That just sounds so wrong... So, so wrong...

:mad: Seriously, eeeyurrrgh. I find myself hoping Paragon OL learns about this alt's universe and beats his ass. With his own lantern.

Well, at least he's serious about things like security.

How... How have you not asked yourself "Is this really the right thing?" Did this OL alter his own desires first?

...Because you're fucking psycho-evil? This is the kind of Universe the regular League would come in guns blazing to clean up...

He's been drinking his own Kool-aid so long, his brain is as pickled as the people he's mind-whammied...

In other words, he's made Batman kill the Joker. And likely any other particularly bad Gotham Crazies...

And he sees nothing wrong with that at all. He's gone completely round the bend...

Incoming mind-rape. Not that he'd call it that, clearly. It's merely 'encouraging a cooperative mindset.'

And elsewhere in the universe, Darkseid finds Himself with the most raging envy boner and He doesn't know why. And He hates it.

o_O Dear god... I... I have no words for how wrong this is... The Renegade at least tries to do good with his actions. This... This alternate (I won't even dignify him with a cute nickname) is so deep in Lawful Evil, he can't even see Neutral from where he is.

Not that the chair she's strapped to...

KenNM, zeebza, protoss16 and 29 others like this.
  17. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Well that was... A thing.

Eeeeeeeeevil!

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well Paul can leave a very interesting impression when you meet him for the first time. The same is true for all his alternates.

We were bound to see a evil version of him at some point.

Baul is still a fairly decent person that's just been forced to do some bad things and if he doesn't do them he will be killed, Raul is violent, but he makes sure to only hurt those that deserve it, Lord Protector is a fairly harsh man, but still not evil even if he may worship, or have some kind of deal with those Ancient Spirits of Evil, and his actions are necessary.

While it would be satisfying to see that, the Guardians may not have Blue Lanterns working for them, there may also not be any Blue Lantern in this universe, there may not be any Green Lanterns from Earth as either he killed them and the Guardians don't know what killed them, he could have had them killed by metahumans, or the ones that were chosen from Earth weren't chosen in this universe, so the alien ones won't have much reason to stick around Earth, the Guardians may have also not put the White Entity on Earth, so they wouldn't have any need to watch that planet etc.

Though yeah it would be satisfying to see him get killed by them.

Renegade and Paragon are rational and ruthless, Lord Protector is rational and ruthless, Raul is rational and ruthless, virtually all the Paul's we've seen before this interlude are rational and ruthless.

This one is just a bastard.

Altering the way some people think to better society can be a good thing, even if it a bit unethical, but destroying the personalities of good people and making them your sex toys is just evil, no ifs or buts.

By doing this he painted a target on his back which every decent and powerful individual will try to strike.

Completely wiping out the personalities of villains so that you can use their talents for the betterment of society is a good thing, but wiping out the personalities of good people just because they may disagree with you and don't bow down to you isn't in any way rational.

Warhammer Fantasy Paul at least wiped out the worst aspects of members that belonged to a culture of sociopaths and was hesitant to engage in sexual activity with them.

Unless it's an Elseworld.

He either didn't look into his desires deep enough to see what he was, or this one had some protections from Circe and any other magic users he may have enslaved. A powerful witch like Circe wielding a ring made from Nabu, a Lord of Order, is going to be able to set up some powerful protections that may require Paul to merge with the Ophidian to overcome.

He may also not have shared that much, aside from the fact that he is enlightened, merged with the Ophidian and got tattoos from Sackville and John. Raul wasn't exactly eager to share his knowledge of magic, and this version could have learned these things not from paragon, but from listening to what the other versions who may have heard from Paul, before he was sent back.

Well facing off against an extremist version of yourself is a comic book trope, the League versus the Lords.

If anyone wants to get a bit of a breather from this chapter then I recommend you read theirishdreamers The Traveling Merchant story on SB, specifically the part called A Merchants Dimensional long fhada.

There is a part where the MC and Kara travel to the Wanted universe and later on destroy the villains by freeing several of the brainwashed heroes, going to the Justice League universe and I think two versions of the Wanted universe where the bad guys didn't win, and recruiting members from there to invade.

The Professor gets his head smashed in by either his universes version of Superman, or one from the universe where they didn't win, Wesley gets his head smashed in by a Hawkwoman expy, while Fox proves why engaging in depraved villainous shit will only get you killed and is a poor way of making friends.

Truly a version of Wonder Woman killing this bastard will be the most satisfying thing we can read.

ChestBurster, Jaron, zeebza and 9 others like this.
  19. Zardeon

Zardeon Know what you're doing yet?

.... Well I hope I don't have to see this guy very much before he dies... I have no interest in reading about utter trash.

20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

He's really more like Darkseid. Rather than be a brutalist tyrant and enforce his rule with hopelessness, he's an enlightened tyrant who uses his mental influence abilities to make people want to do what he wants. The Justice League would obviously oppose someone using mind control as he does, even if there was a net utilitarian gain... So they had to go. And if they have to go anyway... May as well use them.
    Don't be ridiculous. What possible advantage is there is leaving him the ability to scream?
    "Encouraging a cooperative mindset by mind-rape. I prefer descriptions to be accurate."
    Thank you, corrected.

KenNM, ChestBurster, Edifier and 25 others like this.
  21. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Mmmhmm. Remind me how long Darkseid has been ruling Apokalypse?

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In fairness he does tend to lose.

So to be more accurate I guess you could say that "Villains will always lose, even if they've won for a time"

23. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

Well I cant fault the man on his taste Wonder woman is pretty hot.

24. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

Wow.

Ok. New baseline for the Paul that i hate.

Yikes... that's quite a bit lower than the other times.

Kill him please. There is almost nothing i hate more than forced personality destruction/overwriting.

I completely disagree. Temporarily altering them for a specific objective, fine. Anything else no. It's the most unethical thing I can imagine. Just killing them would be better. Free will is paramount. It's removal is monstrous.

ChestBurster, Jaron, zeebza and 10 others like this.
  25. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Well, they're effectively new people in pre-existing bodies. But they're still actually the original person, just altered on a fundamental level.

Meaning, someone with equal or greater skill at altering a persons core desires with the Orange Light could alter them back. Or alter them in any other way they wished, really.

Cake Man to the rescue? Eventually, maybe.

ChestBurster, Edifier, Jaron and 13 others like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well for the likes of the Joker I'm sure an exception can be made.

Though yeah with the others just a small alteration can be good.

Wiping out the personalities of the good guys on the other hand is something that I can't agree with, ever.

Maybe making small alterations, like Batman being more cooperative with other superheroes, or the various tech heroes sharing their tech, can be a good thing, but only that much.

The only comic character who is technically a hero and who I wouldn't mind having his personality wiped out would be Crazy Steve, a.k.a Batman from Earth 31.

27. ptb_ptb

ptb_ptb Getting out there.

Well then. Congratulations on managing to combine necrophillia and pedophillia.

0zymandias, KenNM, protoss16 and 8 others like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Plus even if they are completely new people the Guardians can make sure he isn't able to alter other people.

Really hope this version of Paul gets taken down by one of the others sometime in the future, and it doesn't end like when Paul went to -14, leaving the Syndicate still standing.

ChestBurster and Ardy like this.
  29. Agumentic

Agumentic Not too sore, are you?

Everyone loses in the end, so it's not saying much. "Things happen, and then they stop happening" is the description of the entire universe, really.

ChestBurster, Jaron, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yes, but the likes of Darkseid get to see their goals of conquest and other such things get destroyed in front of their eyes.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.