1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, he's teaching her advanced tricks with Empathic Vision? I suppose it's useful to have a second pair of eyes checking his work...

Unfortunately, she can't just do it the way he did, that would require her merging with Ophidian-chan and then achieving enlightenment from it... I don't think that's gonna work so well...

Might be a bit above his paygrade. or maybe beneath it, depending on his opinion of it...

Ah, the fine art of delegation. Even in Russia, managers know how to fob work off on people...:V

I doubt it can do much to hide her curves... I'm not sure there is anything that could manage that...

And all the while, he's thinking "Damned weirdos... But at least the woman's hot."

And some societies less than even that...

Even though these are fairly atypical circumstances? I'm pretty sure Timmy won't be feeling the usual things he does...

It's just a matter of wanting to. I suppose her less restrained emotional states make some things easier, others harder...

Somehow, that's not an experience many Lanterns would want to repeat... I doubt most of the soldiers receiving rings are that into the esoteric side of the art.

Ah, the techonological kludging of old tech and new. The joy of long-running projects. I'd be amazed if it were anything newer than a Pentium or the Russian equivalent.

Yeah, he's more worried about her seeing what desires he has towards her, methinks. The joy of telepathy, or at least the strong empathic abilities Lanterns can exhibit. But I'm sure nothing he's imagining could embarrass her.

And hopefully nothing else. For Timmy's sake, if nothing else.

Honestly, he has nothing to be worried about, this is nothing invasive.

Ah... Just explain that he was helping the superheroes. That usually covers any number of sins.

Cue the good Doctor calling them in the middle of things.

Scrying defences strike again.

Hopefully clocking him back in, then? This is the perfect moment for Murphy to...

...And there goes Murphy! He's off and running!

"Erm... Are we done? I.. kind of have to.. get back to work..."

o_O Even his transition technique is faster than hers? Does his avarice affect it that much?

I take he's cracking open whatever concealment method the ships are under?

The 'man' wants his stuff back, huh? Never mess with an Orange Lantern's things, it never goes well for you.

...Wait, is it really going to be some Pluto-based culture? :eek: Are we going that obscure?

I don't think the Bat-Shuttle's gonna cut it for this. The League really needs to get on proper long-range craft at some point...

Let's hope OL can get there before Manga Khan does too much damage, it's going to be hard to make peace with him foaming at the mouthpiece. And I notice no mention of the Russian ships... Hopefully they're aboard the ClusterCorp craft... We'll see tomorrow, I hope.
    (And you caught us all off guard with this early post, Mr Zoat. Couldn't sleep?:p)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

I'm sure Lex would be very happy to help.

Ardy and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  3. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I'm sure he would, but I really don't think they trust him that much.

moralrelativity and Darko like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No. The company I work for has most of us working from home, but one administrative assistant needs to be on-site. That's usually my colleague Caroline, but she's on holiday today and Monday. That means that I have to get up and leave the house at a specific time to get the train, rather than just being awake at my computer at 0900. Extra fun: British trains (which are no model of reliability at the best of times) at on an all-week Sunday timetable at the moment.

Also, it's too hot in Hampden Park at the moment.

5. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

They want the local equivalent of SpaceX which has got at least one 'I'm not mad, just a little annoyed' scientist involved to do the 'heavy lifting'... (Doctor Will Magnus might not be a terrible prospect if you want a lot of robotic construction staff...) Depending on how Queen Industries is doing in this setting they may be prepared to throw their weight behind it...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paragon Luthor doesn't have spaceships.

Renegade Luthor does.

7. Blackshard

Blackshard ~

No. That would require Manga Khan to feel love, and we haven't seen that from him. His feelings for L-Ron are pure orange:

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So it's just sexual then.

9. Birdsie

Birdsie Making the rounds.

I hope that's the case. I hope next chapter, Timofey will just raise his hand and say, "Um, can I go home?"

And OL will startle, remembering that he took a military warehouse worker with him, and possibly facepalm. And then - hopefully - Timofey will gain Badass Normal status by saving the day.

10. Ace Dreamer

Pretty sure not... On one side you have a gas cloud from a race that reproduces asexually, on the other a robot which I think we can be pretty sure isn't designed for sex. L-Ron may have... affection for LLMK, though...

11. Khornelius

Khornelius Overlord of the Underworld

So I guess Timofey is Paul’s version of Hydra Bob.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Now I really wanna see Marvel Paul dealing with Wade.

13. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Hi Mr Zoat. I remember that you recently decided to go with the official spelling of Tamaranean. May I ask if you will edit the old ones? If you will, here are a few I found in the story only thread.

I went with a different color because there was already red there. There are more, but in case you aren't going to edit it, I will just start with these.

Mr Zoat and Darko like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

If you tell me what you think needs changing and what it needs changing to, I'm almost always happy to change it.

I mean, I'm probably not going to go back and change how I capitalised species names early on even if someone was crazy enough to go and list them all. But pretty much anything short of that.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Are we going to see more of the alternate version of Paul this episode, like the He Man version, or Avengers, hell maybe even the MCU version?

16. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Should be "Timofey"

And poor sod. This is the kind of thing that will end up with him stranded on an alien world, inadvertently saving the indigenous medieval (or earlier) analogue culture while just trying to survive long enough for a Lantern to come find him, and becoming a figure of divine myth in the far-future of the civilization as he gets misrepresented in the ensuing holy texts/histories as an angel-equivalent/lower-'g'-god/demigod brought back to the heavens once his task was complete.

17. Mr Zoat

Darn it, I thought I got all of those.
    As amusing as this might be, the SI left him back in Russia.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That's....Disappointing

Navi-Hank and Ardy like this.
  19. Khornelius

Khornelius Overlord of the Underworld

I d much rather have Wade/Deadpool as a friend then an enemy. I like his comics, so I realize that being around him would make my life difficult, but he tends to go out of his way for his friends and family. Plus making an enemy out of the unkillable insane assassin is a horrible idea.

Ngamer11, Vorian, Xmaster3000 and 4 others like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I was thinking of dealing with him as more like a teammate.

Remember that Paul can assimilate people and renegade was able to assimilate Savage.

Ngamer11, Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  21. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well there's always the Creeper.
    but Paul & wade would be hilarious

as would Paul having discussions with Reed, Doom and tony

and yet he's still probably a better boss to his butler than sterling archer was.

22. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Koriand'r's eyes I assume?

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Now I really wanna see an episode where Paul loses his ring and then goes on an 'advenrure' with the Creeper. :D

Navi-Hank likes this.
  24. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Thing is, with his current level of Enlightenment and all, the only way to cut him off from his ring is to toss one or the other into another reality where he can't just call it to him.

And if he's still somewhere that's connected to the Orange Light, he can just call on any local versions of orange power rings anyway.

Ardy, Navi-Hank and Darko like this.
  25. Ace Dreamer

I want to see OL in The Dreaming. He's been to Heaven, he's been to Hell, he's been dragged to other realities, and fought his way back. The Dreaming?

I'm sure that would be no problem. :)

26. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh, he'll... probably be fine, as long as he remembers to stay away from white haired men that compliment his eyes.

Ngamer11 and Navi-Hank like this.
  28. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

That's no moon, that's a

[_] Mass Relay
    [_] Space Station
    [X] Eldritch Abomination
    [_] All of the above

Razorfloss, w34v3r, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  29. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

The ship has insurance, a new one can be purchased. The crew is even replaceable, they would have standard training.

L-Ron has something far more valuable, knowledge and a working relationship to Manga. Manga is.... not easy to get along with, but L-Ron somehow tolerates him. Must be a rare trait.

L-Ron is like a highly-skilled Secretary to a Lawyer or CEO, always knowing everything that needs to happen and how to make it happen. The boss might give the orders, but the Secretary knows how to make them happen. I have heard that when a really high-skilled Secretary's boss leaves or retires, bidding wars break out to get the Secretary to work for them. The smartest leaders know their true value. The smartest people know to always respect the gate-keeper, the all knowing, the Secretary.

Razorfloss, Vorian, nobodez and 2 others like this.
  30. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

...actually, I think Paulos might get along really well with the Corinthian, as long as the latter is taking a break from his hobby.

Darko likes this.