1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

maybe 'hesitate'

2. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In New Earth continuity the original Amazons were the souls of murdered women who Gaea collected, and were then given new bodies transformed from clay.

Zoat isn't using that, since he made Diana's origin signify her being a Titan.

Either Zoat ignored or hadn't noticed that making people out of earth is in fact the Olympian's goto in Greek myth and that if being fashioned out of earth makes one a titan than the Justice League would consist of one kryptonian and a bunch of titans, since according to Greek myth all humans would be descendants of Pandora's daughter who survived the flood (Pyrrha), her husband also descended from a titan (Deucalion son of Prometheus), and the folks the Greek gods made out of rock to help replenish the human race.

DC showed that myth was true more or less, although Prometheus and his brother were in fact just humans.

Pandora was in fact a previous incarnation of Wonder Woman, so in DC comics it turns out everyone in the human race is a descendant of Wonder Woman.

3. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Thank you! THAT was the link that I was missing. Appreciate your help and the replies from others as well.

zerofarad likes this.
  4. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

I think this needs a comma after 'space'. But I also think I like commas more than you do Mr Zoat.

zerofarad and Darko like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That whole 'all myths are true' thing doesn't really apply in this story.

Also there have been a lot of retcons and different stories that cast some serious doubt on that whole thing.

Plus even if it's true in the New Earth continuity that doesn't mean that Zoat can't just make it so it isn't true in this story, seeing as this isn't New Earth, even if Zoat borrows elements from it, and I don't think anything in YJ confirmed the comic origins of the Amazons, so it doesn't go against canon.

Making people out of earth may not be the Olympians go to in Earth 16, aside from Diana, even if the myths say it is, seeing as myths can say a lot of things that aren't true.

And being made out of earth probably doesn't make one a Titan in this story, but being bestowed some power by Gaia probably does.

david and Xmaster3000 like this.
  6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Well, someone needs to do it. You're not in the best position right now, mentally speaking, I suspect. 70 years or so locked away, and transformed into living sand on top of that... That'd do a number on anyone's mind.

Now that's unpleasant. Can he even taste it? Or is the simple act of doing it enough for him to feel sated?

So the sand that makes him up is.. 'different' somehow. An avenue of study, certainly.

I mean, unless he somehow works out how to morph back into flesh...

Interesting. A custom job, clearly.

Not like he has anything to cover up right now, technically. Only some sand shaped like it.

How is Clayface doing right now? Contemplating his future career options? Cursing Talia Head's name?

Oh, my. Illusion or shapeshifting magic? I doubt it could be rendered permanent easily, unless they could enchant his entire mass at once.

That is some amazing stuff. I'm guessing it works by psychic transference of information, or similar...

Kind of useful, being able to commiserate with someone on something like that.

Basically, A Wizard Did It. By accident. And he didn't know he was even doing magic...

Dude, you haven't got enough material to work with? And how did you even know this was happening?

I doubt it. There wouldn't be nearly enough drama involved if it were.

And I bet the spell plays weirdly with that. It must also look bizarre as hell.

An odd kind of phantom limb syndrome, basically. Wonder what would happen if he changed his entire form?

Ah, decisions, decisions. Become human again, but lose the sand powers. Keep the sand powers, but miss out on simple human things. Or something else.

Tricky. How can you be sure the mind and soul would attach properly to the new form?

Huh, that's an interesting way to look at it.

Well, he's only known you for less than a week. He hasn't had a chance to see the Cake Man, Spider-lover side of you.:D

Heh, both a gesture of apology, and a chance to test the sensations the amulet gives him.

No, that would be the Renegade. Or 'Evil' Paul...

Like I said. It's a matter of how strongly attached he is to the magic sand making up his current form.

But that could take a couple of years, even with the best and brightest working on it. And there may have been something not written down involved.

I mean, Gaea might be willing to help. If they ask really nicely.

It's just a matter of what Morpheus might ask in return. They've already bothered him enough for one lifetime. Upset him, and he might go all Fae on you...

All possibilities. And all a lot of work and time. It's ultimately up to him.

And there's still the question of how he's adapting to the modern world. What's he think of things like the internet, Social media or even just television?

Well, Sandy's doing surprisingly well, it seems. I assume he got the whole angst out of his system while he was in confinement, and is focusing on settling into a new century so it doesn't sink in how long he was 'away'... Let's hope there's no breakdowns in his future.

...charge a price we could bear...

7. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Ah, the "let's present reasonable options to people who thought they had unsolvable problems" part. How I missed thee.

8. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

o_O :rolleyes:

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Unless you were Professor Paradox from Ben 10 and just got bored being crazy after a while.

This reminds me of a story I once read of a guy that travels back in time and uses some psychological tricks to convince people that they are eating food.

An artist can never have too much material.

As for how he knows, he obviously sensed Sandy's pain and anguish and decided to make an art project out of it.

Seriously given his divine nature as a God of Art this is highly possible.

Even Zoat isn't immune from adding comic book cliches.

Wonder how he and Ratchet, the Orange Lantern OL saved from having his limbs removed, would get along, seeing as they can now both touch people?

Even renegade has some moral boundaries he wont cross, and I think murdering innocents is one of those.

Tangseid though, yeah, he'd do it and give himself some bullshit excuse and justification on why what he's doing isn't wrong.

Gaia does owe OL for saving that dryad.

Something similar happened in 'Assimilation'. Basically the SI and Kori went to Themyscira where the Amazons would hold trials to get a blessing from the gods. Kori competed in one trial where she killed a Cyclops that was corrupted by the Brujeria some years ago and got Gaia's blessing, or more specifically she asked Gaia to make Jacob, the SI and Kori's boyfriend, be able to feel physical sensations again. Gaia granted her wish and then Jacob, who previously lacked a whole lot of the instinctual feelings that an organic body has, saw Kori and his body reacted in the natural way it does upon seeing a woman who can rival Diana in terms of beauty and they had sex then and there.

Sadly the author didn't write the ensuing lovemaking, not even on Ff.net.

Oh and Donna had to pry them away from each other with a magical crowbar.

Ah Donna, truly aside from Kori she is my favorite female DC character, even if there can't be a consistent origin story for her.

Wonder if the SI in that story is going to end up with both Kori and Donna?

He may still owe them, seeing as they found Sandy, but he didn't technically tell them where Melinoe was.

Plus OL rescued Caliope, who was Morpheus' previous girlfriend.

A better thing to say would be "I'm not going to murder innocent people for the sake of personal advantage", seeing as most, and quite possibly all, of the people he killed were far, far from innocent.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

This should be turned into a meme for Paul. It perfectly encapsulates his character in one sentence.

Also, obligatory reference:
    [​IMG]

Cuchulin, Lord Ernest, Ardy and 9 others like this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

OL: One of my many skills is pleasuring giant space spiders.

Ardy, Handlewithcare, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You met a sentient gas cloud less then a week ago...

I mean... You have in the past...

13. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

This presents some excellent trolling opportunities if Paragon was the type of person to do that.

Paul: "Yeah. Don't worry, Mammon's a friend so he'll hook you up if I ask."

Sandy: "Y-ou… You don't a-actually mean the Mammon, right? The evil one, from the Bible?"

Paul: "You mean the inconceivably ancient and powerful demon lord who's the source of all human greed? Yeah, that's him. He's not actually that bad a guy, real reformist. I think you to would get along if you'd give it a chance."

Sandy: "O-Oh… t-that's nice…"
    [​IMG]

14. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Speaking of giant space spiders, OL could just make it so they only want to eat non-sapient creatures as eating people is the source of everyone's problem with them. Hell, the spider queen could make those alterations in the next generation herself now that I think of it.

Cuchulin, Ardy, DiceArt and 1 other person like this.
  15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's still weird that a human can become a sapient pile of sand.

And who knows, maybe Manga's species had something magical done to them early on in their evolution.

True, but most, and possibly all, of them were evil bastards, so while he has killed people to get an advantage in the past they weren't innocent people. And should any body they fabricate have a mind of its own then it would be an innocent, which OL would have a problem killing.

Mammons powerful here, sure, but I wouldn't call his power inconceivable.

Plus I don't think he's the source of human greed in this story, that was probably some biblical exaggeration.

Cuchulin and DiceArt like this.
  16. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Diana, unlike Donna, is a Titan specifically because she was made by Gaea from clay: she’s a child directly of the earth. Even if she is a reincarnation of Pandora: there is no guarantee that Pandora was made in quite the same way - if she was made by the gods / titans she wouldn’t be a Titan - Donna is specified to not be. Pandora could have been like Donna before she got reincarnated.

17. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Art sense... Tingling.

Bramble Thorn, c3qo, Ardy and 8 others like this.
  18. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

No, that's your...ahem, Spidersense :D

Cuchulin, Xmaster3000 and Darko like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Canis doesn't have a spider sense, he's not a spider god, he's an art god.

Paul on the other hand...

Ardy and Xmaster3000 like this.
  20. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

He brought up Olympian intervention but Sandy wasn't too keen on it.
    Probably the smart choice since Favors come at high cost with them.

Sounds Like a talk show hosted by the Harley Quinn version of Tawny Young

Paul why would one sit on a baby?

"It's not a literal term Kori."

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can just picture her interviewing Princess, Paul's alien spider daughter, with Paul there and the stage erupts into Jerry Springer like insanity, due to Paul refusing to acknowledge Princess as his daughter.

She's such a little sweet potato pie.

Cuchulin, Ardy and LurkingInTheDeceit like this.
  22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You forgot about all the innocent slaves on the psion planet.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Except he didn't kill them and by the time he got there they were already dead.

Prince Charon, protoss16 and Ardy like this.
  24. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Non necessarily, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You're thinking of Renegade.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No. Renegade rescued the various prisoners on the Psion homeworld.

In the paragon timeline when he went there after sensing the Psions mass death by orbital bombardment virtually all the prisoners, aside from the ones Kori rescued, were all dead.

They were killed by other people, not him.

And he also didn't approve of the genocide because of the innocent lives they could have saved, as well as the fact that it could have proved as good training for the OLC.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Ngamer11, Vorian, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  27. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Always an important question when you're cloning people for spare parts, but there's probably a magic circle or something that prevents enough soul-stuff from trickling into the body for it to actually develop a soul of it's own.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Or just some piece of tech, like nanites, that stop the brain from developing into a complex organ that makes a person think, while allowing the body to develop without it.

29. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

If you're gonna cut it up for organs, that's fine.
    If you want to transfer someone into it, they're going to need that brain.

Darko likes this.
  30. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

This isn't really up to debate, a clone develops a companion arcane construct very slowly and usually takes time or an infusion of mana to develop one quickly. Its why flash grown clones aren't a thing for most civilizations even those that heavily use cloning.

A clone wouldn't start to develop a soul until weeks after its creation.

Referenced in the FIC.

Without a soul a flash clone would be little more than a flesh robot or puppet without emotions or higher cognitive funtions.